PDA

View Full Version : What trackers should I be looking for?

JGB
06-19-2008, 05:48 AM
I went and formatted my HD like a tard and lost my logins and passwords for most of anywhere I was on.
:cry:

So I'm basically starting from scratch, I sorted out and fixed my logins on Elbitz, textbook torrents, docs.torrents.ro, and nordic-T.
I'm buying an ebook reader this week and gearing up for adding more files to my collection(just added another 1.5 terabytes storage)

My areas of focus in order are:

Ebooks
Audiobooks
0day apps
music(mostly rock and other such childrens records)
occasional movie, mostly old westerns, and sci-fi
tv series'(sci-fi, british, comedy)

I would also like to find a place that provides Ipfilters, midnight torrents did that but I can't remember my L/P there.

What trackers should I be looking for/signing up for to find that stuff, I found it frustrating to sign up for tons of trackers and find the same new release movies, pop music and releases on each.

I'd prefer to stay off TPB as much as possible, I don't really want to encourage anybody to come give me a fine:)

fatcat69
06-19-2008, 06:17 AM
I went and formatted my HD like a tard and lost my logins and passwords for most of anywhere I was on.
:cry:

So I'm basically starting from scratch, I sorted out and fixed my logins on Elbitz, textbook torrents, docs.torrents.ro, and nordic-T.
I'm buying an ebook reader this week and gearing up for adding more files to my collection(just added another 1.5 terabytes storage)

My areas of focus in order are:

Ebooks
Audiobooks
0day apps
music(mostly rock and other such childrens records)
occasional movie, mostly old westerns, and sci-fi
tv series'(sci-fi, british, comedy)

I would also like to find a place that provides Ipfilters, midnight torrents did that but I can't remember my L/P there.

What trackers should I be looking for/signing up for to find that stuff, I found it frustrating to sign up for tons of trackers and find the same new release movies, pop music and releases on each.

I'd prefer to stay off TPB as much as possible, I don't really want to encourage anybody to come give me a fine:)

Hmm for your lost logins, you should try recover password...most sites if not all have it. You type in your email and youll get your pass in the mail.

0day apps would be SCC as they are freeleech...so thats nice.

for tv...i think tv.torrents.ro would be a good choice...freeleech on alot of big packs...easy to get into

for ebooks...im not big on em but id guess bitme or equivalent would have them

audiobooks, probably music trackers...waffles and what.

Hope that helps :-)

forthat
06-19-2008, 06:19 AM
may be scc or sct

Raban
06-19-2008, 06:35 AM
I'm buying an ebook reader this week

which one ?? and did you spend much time researching it ...

IdolEyes787
06-19-2008, 11:12 AM
For old westerns definitely KG.
British tv TheBox.
Ebooks/audiobooks Demonoid?

t0mmy
06-19-2008, 11:18 AM
torrentleech and thebox for your british shows

fcoo
06-19-2008, 11:27 AM
TD,TB or SCC

jayz707
06-19-2008, 11:38 AM
scc, KG/demonoid , what.cd/waffels/demonoid , bitme/bitspyder/demonoid

JGB
06-19-2008, 03:01 PM
I'm buying an ebook reader this week

which one ?? and did you spend much time researching it ...

I really want the Cybook but I'm stuck between that and the Sony pr-505 because of the price difference.
I dislike sony's usual game of proprietary file type with a converter program included(like minidisk players all over again) and would prefer the cybook's mobi and open format support.
I like the one button on the cybook better too, like an ipod I want simple controls because it is a simple device.
But the pr-505 I can get locally instead of from an online retailer, and it comes with a case for about 100$ less then the cybook with no case.

Hmm for your lost logins, you should try recover password...most sites if not all have it. You type in your email and youll get your pass in the mail.

I can't remember most of the trackers to be honest, I really only spent a lot of time on midnight-torrents, nordic-t and the one's I've recovered.
the rest I just searched from time to time when I couldn't find what i wanted on those. I figure if I'm starting from scratch I might as well get sorted out and have fewer trackers but better choices.
Thanks for the suggestions, I'm going to start working on getting there.

robotpirate
06-19-2008, 05:05 PM
have you tried to recover your passwords?

dunson
06-19-2008, 05:21 PM
BitMe.org

Best of luck.

SgtMajor
06-20-2008, 03:06 AM
sci-fi torrents (I wonder what this site offers??) & cinemageddon (old & western movies) and uknova is a good place for Brit TV as well.

Detale
06-20-2008, 05:10 AM
A simple solution is to check your Email acct for signup info

Samtsak
06-20-2008, 07:23 PM
Recover account password via email ;)

JGB
06-22-2008, 01:18 AM
I need to get the name of the sites before I try to recover passwords;)
since all data is toasted out of my computer, and since I didn't even use them often enough to remember the server name, I think starting fresh and aiming towards servers that I will actually use is a better idea:)
thanks for all the suggestions to follow up on!

LoKaLiRi
06-22-2008, 03:28 AM
SCC/TL . Bitme,BitSpyder , Demonoid

th0r
06-22-2008, 04:19 AM
since all data is toasted out of my computer, and since I didn't even use them often enough to remember the server nameyou must remember your usernames on those trackers, yes?

staff members can also look up your information within their databases that way and thus retrieving your e-mail address, and then you can continue with resetting all of your passwords

JGB
06-22-2008, 04:55 AM
since all data is toasted out of my computer, and since I didn't even use them often enough to remember the server nameyou must remember your usernames on those trackers, yes?

staff members can also look up your information within their databases that way and thus retrieving your e-mail address, and then you can continue with resetting all of your passwords

That only helps if I could remember the server name, I basically stayed put on nordic-T and the others I listed that I have gotten back into, I added other ones from time to time from the bittorrent sites open for signup thread so I could have a look around, since I bookmarked them and had autologin, I don't know the server names to even try and start tracking things down.

I have very specific types of stuff I want to download within the categories I posted, and really belonging to a bunch of servers I just log onto once in a long time to see if they have files I couldn't find on the ones I focused on is wasting their bandwidth and my time since I'm not dl/ul'ing enough data to be a good member, nor am I participating in the forums, and I have to spend time on fruitless searches.

I'm looking for advice on streamlining my choice of servers, with the suggestions I've got here I'm hoping to end up belonging to a few good servers that are geared specifically towards the stuff I'm looking for instead of tons that maybe have a few bits each of what I want.

stupidcrab
06-22-2008, 08:22 AM
Ebooks/AudioBooks
BitMe/BitSpyder/Elbitz/Doc.Torrents/LearnBits (all fine)
TV-series
TheBox/UKNova (for British TV)
0day
SCC/TL(SCC is 0day freeleech)