PDA

View Full Version : Outrageous! Check this one out..

wevotedno
06-20-2008, 07:58 PM
So,

One very kind member(thank you DW, its not your fault)gave me an invite yesterday for Pedros BTMusic.

A couple of hours ago, i decided to check the site out and i did find something in my taste to download; a 7gb music dvd. I grabbed the file with my leaseweb ded.SB, which by the way never fails....;)

Anyway, for few minutes the server was downloading at max speeds so i managed to download 4-5 gigs. Pls note that there was a 1:16 seeder/leecher ratio. plenty to seed i said to myself. But the torrent was only seeding at 20kbs :blink: (home pipe users)

So 10 mins into the torrent and the site reports restrictions because of bad ratio! :lol: I mean, by the first torrent... i pm the admin expressing the way i feel about this insane rule and i receive a proper sarcastic answer to delete my account in case i am not happy with the site, Ohh, he did suggest to donate though.....in order to sort it out.

I reply that i did not mean to offend anyone but that thing is just plain unfair.

Well, this is the answer

http://i30.tinypic.com/33jpfeg.png

Nice! Amazing! WTF with these guys, hah?

Thanks

:)

NPAX1
06-20-2008, 08:02 PM
lmao, you pmed him only twice and he's already "sick and tired" of it, doesnt look like he can put up with the stress of being staff.

fatcat69
06-20-2008, 08:05 PM
so let me get this straight, you can donate to get into this site...

lol what a joke.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune mate, but idk how safe a site is if you just flash a $20 bill their way and they open the doors for you lol

1000possibleclaws
06-20-2008, 08:06 PM
too bad, but flac is overrated anyways

markupmaster
06-20-2008, 08:20 PM
That's ridiculous!

:(

wevotedno
06-20-2008, 08:21 PM
so let me get this straight, you can donate to get into this site...

lol what a joke.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune mate, but idk how safe a site is if you just flash a $20 bill their way and they open the doors for you lol

you can donate to get in even when u r banned. i mean isnt this tottaly paid service? Almost fuc**ng legal

yayyyyyy
06-20-2008, 08:24 PM
you mean they should have banned you BEFORE you started to complain about THEIR RULES on THEIR OWN TRACKER where you got the pleasure in having an account?

wevotedno
06-20-2008, 08:32 PM
you mean they should have banned you BEFORE you started to complain about THEIR RULES on THEIR OWN TRACKER where you got the pleasure in having an account?

do u know how many dedicated downloaders seed for days because they are conscientious and care about the P2P communities?

How many minutes does a mod need to declare you a leecher?

Do you have any idea what a seedbox is and how much it can upload in an hour as long as the torrent is not blocked?

Are you being serious or you are just adding on your posts count?

Scavenger
06-20-2008, 08:44 PM
That sucks man. Sorry for your lost, I hope you get it back or another invite. =)

mrnobody
06-20-2008, 08:47 PM
I talked to one of the BTmusic mod once, s/he seems nice.

But this one is too awkward....

- Sick with two PM's? That's simply sad.

- imo users should be allowed to complain about site (afterall they are the one who use it) but maybe u pissed him off lol

- a ban for bad seeding in 7 GB, that also with newbies. Maybe a friendly pm would have been better (imo) or at most a 1-2 week warning. But a ban is just awful...no w8, it's an IP ban...wth?

- "Reason for banning", i am not sure if you (banned user) are supposed to see that..humm.

- the "donate" part makes me feel like it was an intentional ban to get donations. If so, it's pathetic.

punki_rach
06-20-2008, 08:47 PM

do u know how many dedicated downloaders seed for days because they are conscientious and care about the P2P communities?

How many minutes does a mod need to declare you a leecher?

Do you have any idea what a seedbox is and how much it can upload in an hour as long as the torrent is not blocked?

Are you being serious or you are just adding on your posts count?

i thınk he meant that it's their tracker and they can do whatever they like with it. Doesn't mean we can't hate them though :P

wevotedno
06-20-2008, 08:52 PM
I talked to one of the BTmusic mod once, s/he seems nice.

But this one is too awkward....

- Sick with two PM's? That's simply sad.

- imo users should be allowed to complain about site (afterall they are the one who use it) but maybe u pissed him off lol

- a ban for bad seeding in 7 GB, that also with newbies. Maybe a friendly pm would have been better (imo) or at most a 1-2 week warning. But a ban is just awful...no w8, it's an IP ban...wth?

- "Reason for banning", i am not sure if you (banned user) are supposed to see that..humm.

- the "donate" part makes me feel like it was an intentional ban to get donations. If so, it's pathetic.

U c i could seed it 3 x all back but the torrent was half downloaded since the ratio dropped halfway the course of downloading.

respawn40
06-20-2008, 11:40 PM
^

That's why I prefer seed points and such.

puckface
06-20-2008, 11:53 PM
so why don't you go to the forums as the page suggests and talk about it there?

SgtMajor
06-21-2008, 12:29 AM
Another moaning fanny with a grudge to bear who whines like a cissy on public forums.

Get over it and move on, it's their rules and not your rules you have to abide by.

Fiamma
06-21-2008, 01:46 AM
First things first. You did not PM the admin, you PM'd a mod who had had a whole lot of PM's from you already complaining about the site's rules being too strict for you.

Secondly, when you join you are given 1 GB of buffer to get you started. That does not mean you can speed download 7 GB torrents without seeding enough to get enough buffer to take down 7 GB torrents. I feel compelled to add that the mod did not ban you, the tracker did. It bans at a certain ratio level.

Thirdly, yes we do allow people who have been banned to donate to the tracker to get back in, under certain circumstances. The thought is that it might possibly make you more responsible a member if it comes out of your pocket rather than through the good graces of an invitation.

There are restrictions to who is allowed to donate to return, however. We do not allow everyone to do so. I'll make sure that you, in particular, are never allowed back in.

Have a nice day ;)

Fiamma

Admin

BTMusic

waki
06-21-2008, 01:52 AM
oh wow

seems like someone lied

wevotedno
06-21-2008, 04:35 AM
oh wow

seems like someone lied

Nope, i wasnt given any buffer, i am certainly not luying and it is impossible to keep a staight ratio on a torrent when only half is downloaded and you only seed that.

http://speedtest.net/result/286559016.png

i am not lying guys.. :lol:

u see.. i downloaded 5 gigs and uploaded 2 and then it stopped after their bot kicked in and that makes it impossible to seed back, especially when leechers are on low pipes.

First things first. You did not PM the admin, you PM'd a mod who had had a whole lot of PM's from you already complaining about the site's rules being too strict for you.

Secondly, when you join you are given 1 GB of buffer to get you started. That does not mean you can speed download 7 GB torrents without seeding enough to get enough buffer to take down 7 GB torrents. I feel compelled to add that the mod did not ban you, the tracker did. It bans at a certain ratio level.

Thirdly, yes we do allow people who have been banned to donate to the tracker to get back in, under certain circumstances. The thought is that it might possibly make you more responsible a member if it comes out of your pocket rather than through the good graces of an invitation.

There are restrictions to who is allowed to donate to return, however. We do not allow everyone to do so. I'll make sure that you, in particular, are never allowed back in.

Have a nice day ;)

Fiamma

Admin

BTMusic

I am a very responsible member in all the communities i am in. There is really no need to start getting personal. I am not the one who begs for donations now.

Another moaning fanny with a grudge to bear who whines like a cissy on public forums.

Get over it and move on, it's their rules and not your rules you have to abide by.

Not moaning friend. Merely just mentioning what happened. relax.

Skiz
06-21-2008, 05:52 AM
I had a pretty bad taste in my mouth after my bannage there. I, like you had zero interest in going back.

I've only been banned at two trackers that I can recall - oink and pedros. Both were real slaps in the face and absolutely unnecessary. Neither tracker ever made any attempt to even warn me of my "transgressions".

Oh well. When we expect rationale from trackers we expect too much. It happens to the best of us. Good riddance I say. Greener pastures, and all.

killercam101
06-21-2008, 05:53 AM
Why would you email a (MOD) telling him/her you weren't happy about the sites rules (repeatedly). Don't you know they have bigger things to deal with like "when I download files where do they go?" Understand they're under a lot of stress and pressure to answer those types of questions!

Skiz
06-21-2008, 05:58 AM
Why would you email a (MOD) telling him/her you weren't happy about the sites rules (repeatedly). Don't you know they have bigger things to deal with like "when I download files where do they go?" Understand they're under a lot of stress and pressure to answer those types of questions!

"stress and pressure"? :eyebrows:

dragos
06-21-2008, 06:19 AM

"stress and pressure"? :eyebrows:

oh yeah, poor mods, being forced to ban users and warn hit n runners ... Wouldn't wanna be in their shoes

wevotedno
06-21-2008, 06:32 AM

What are you talking about? The pm was sent after they ensured that there wa no way that i could seed back, so i would donate. Guys cmmon

skiz, with you all the way. I dont mind being banned, is just that the way was done pissed me off

Detale
06-21-2008, 06:32 AM
Hnestly I don't know any staff from Pedros' I think so I cannot speak for that site. But when you deal with alot of staff you see that some are honest, cool, down to earth people. Then you see that some get a "god" complex and are just plain pricks! I have had my share of instances like this and I feel for you I do man. Some advice is to get on their IRC channel and speak with either the site owner or sysop as they can( not saying they will) override an underlings decision or at least talk them into lightening up a bit

Stress and pressure!? If they are stressed OR pressured they should shut the computer off, go outside and not look back. This is supposed to be a fun thing we do it's not a law firm man

th0r
06-21-2008, 06:41 AM
:rolleyes:

wevotedno
06-21-2008, 06:43 AM
Hnestly I don't know any staff from Pedros' I think so I cannot speak for that site. But when you deal with alot of staff you see that some are honest, cool, down to earth people. Then you see that some get a "god" complex and are just plain pricks! I have had my share of instances like this and I feel for you I do man. Some advice is to get on their IRC channel and speak with either the site owner or sysop as they can( not saying they will) override an underlings decision or at least talk them into lightening up a bit

Stress and pressure!? If they are stressed OR pressured they should shut the computer off, go outside and not look back. This is supposed to be a fun thing we do it's not a law firm man

Alas. Thank you.

EvanUnisil
06-21-2008, 06:53 AM

Ha ha ha ha ha. They're not getting paid for it. It was their decision in the first place to become Mods. I Can't tell if your comment was sarcastic or not.

Skiz
06-21-2008, 06:53 AM

We're all entitled to our opinions. ;)

wevotedno
06-21-2008, 07:04 AM
Flac is precious to me. But Pedros is not the only source.

robotpirate
06-21-2008, 07:11 AM
quit whining. you should have known better...

wevotedno
06-21-2008, 07:26 AM

:lol:

Artakserksis
06-21-2008, 07:42 AM
If I'm not wrong, the rules in ratio problems are usually "if your ratio is below * for * days you're banned" or something. Why would they ban someone just for downloading something before he has the chance to give it back...and then being prompted to DONATE TO GET BACK? Ok, come on, that sucks.

wevotedno
06-21-2008, 07:51 AM
If I'm not wrong, the rules in ratio problems are usually "if your ratio is below * for * days you're banned" or something. Why would they ban someone just for downloading something before he has the chance to give it back...and then being prompted to DONATE TO GET BACK? Ok, come on, that sucks.

in a nutshell

ghurka
06-21-2008, 08:45 AM
Secondly, when you join you are given 1 GB of buffer to get you started. That does not mean you can speed download 7 GB torrents without seeding enough to get enough buffer to take down 7 GB torrents. I feel compelled to add that the mod did not ban you, the tracker did. It bans at a certain ratio level.So you are saying that it is not unreasonable that 10 minutes into downloading their first torrent a member is informed that their ratio is unacceptable even though they are still actively seeding. Look at it from a neutral's point of view....doesn't that seem extremely harsh.

I think judgement has been clouded here by simply looking at ratio alone which is not always an accurate assessment of the situation. You have to also have to take other factors into account.

TBH this is not exactly a good advertisement for your site.

wevotedno
06-21-2008, 09:12 AM
secondly, When You Join You Are Given 1 Gb Of Buffer To Get You Started. That Does Not Mean You Can Speed Download 7 Gb Torrents Without Seeding Enough To Get Enough Buffer To Take Down 7 Gb Torrents. I Feel Compelled To Add That The Mod Did Not Ban You, The Tracker Did. It Bans At A Certain Ratio Level.so You Are Saying That It Is Not Unreasonable That 10 Minutes Into Downloading Their First Torrent A Member Is Informed That Their Ratio Is Unacceptable Even Though They Are Still Actively Seeding. Look At It From A Neutral's Point Of View....doesn't That Seem Extremely Harsh.

I Think Judgement Has Been Clouded Here By Simply Looking At Ratio Alone Which Is Not Always An Accurate Assessment Of The Situation. You Have To Also Have To Take Other Factors Into Account.

Tbh This Is Not Exactly A Good Advertisement For Your Site.

Ty

fatcat69
06-21-2008, 09:55 AM
I have a "god" complex

I knew it! :lol:

(had the opportunity...and took it lol)

Na just kidding, Detale is pretty decent guy...he spams, just his spam doesnt have pictures and relates to law firms and stuff

Now that Skizo character...hmmm idk :P

BlueLabel
06-21-2008, 10:14 AM
I have a "god" complex

Na just kidding, Detale is pretty decent guy...he spams, just his spam doesnt have pictures and relates to law firms and stuff

dude
pictures its for ancients
the new generation is movie clips
did you check your gf lately???
xjBZr-mRyWs

fatcat69
06-21-2008, 10:38 AM

dude
xjBZr-mRyWs

hahaha bluelabel...classic. :lol::lol:

Hanz™
06-21-2008, 10:42 AM
Yet another power happy bittorrent staff that in the normal world would never be capable of management. Big surprise.

tralalala
06-21-2008, 10:58 AM
While I somewhat agree with the claim of the thread starter that he didn't have enough time to seed for whatever reason, I must admit I don't see any reason to be too pissed over it.

It's like here on FST - We have a set of rules, and if someone feels they are too harsh, we usually frown upon the claim, and say "se la vie...". I would take this case as the same thing. I've also been banned from Pedro's (twice in fact). But hey, I've been doing fine without that site.. Getting FLAC's and co. I bit my lip, and carried on.. Don't feel so down about it.. Moaning about it will just keep your anger in place.

There are numerous places you can get all of your music needs from.. A ban from 1 measly little site won't do much harm, trust me ;)

wevotedno
06-21-2008, 11:37 AM
There are no bitter feelings ppl nor am moaning. Just mentioned it.

dunson
06-21-2008, 01:50 PM
They are super strict there, they warn you or limit your account for overseeding, being unconnectable, etc. very, very promptly. It makes the site a bit unfriendly. Staff is a bit hardcore, but the community seems great for real FLAC fanatics.

SgtMajor
06-21-2008, 02:16 PM
Put simply, I read the FAQ and rules about downloading, and made sure I stayed within them, downloaded within the guidelines and then seeded back to make sure I complied with what Pedros wanted, I did not do what I wanted to do or ignored what Pedros wanted to do.

Funnily enough, I never got banned.

The Flying Cow
06-21-2008, 03:07 PM

dude
xjBZr-mRyWs

There is something outrageous and perverse about that post. :devil:

On-Topic: This is not uncommon. Pedro's isn't the only site like this, but the other one that comes to mind is BMTV, and even there where I felt at times in the past like I was part of a Fourth Reich, they only warn you (the system) if your ratio is low, and give you a week or so to fix it, before kicking you out the door.

This Pedro's place sounds to me like somewhere you can do without. Honestly.

Disme
06-21-2008, 03:29 PM
If you become a member to a tracker you should behave in accordance to their rules, how stupid or strict they might be. If you do not agree you should not join or just leave.

To the OP ... it's clear you don't agree with BT's rules and that's fair ... so consider your ban as a favour they did to ya.

puckface
06-21-2008, 03:39 PM
If you become a member to a tracker you should behave in accordance to their rules, how stupid or strict they might be. If you do not agree you should not join or just leave.

To the OP ... it's clear you don't agree with BT's rules and that's fair ... so consider your ban as a favour they did to ya.

or a favour they did me, so I don't have to be on the same tracker as guy who doesn't wanna follow rules.

Skiz
06-21-2008, 04:31 PM

or a favour they did me, so I don't have to be on the same tracker as guy who doesn't wanna follow rules.

Yes, who would want to be on a tracker where a fella downloads something and tries to seed it back? The nerve...! :O

wevotedno
06-21-2008, 04:33 PM

Guys, guys you dont get it. I did not have the chance. They blocked the torrent.

http://i28.tinypic.com/2q3x1tl.jpg

i do comply. Always.

Yes, who would want to be on a tracker where a fella downloads something and tries to seed it back? The nerve...! :O

Nevermind, skiz.

guys relax. i am not new nor a HnR-unner

ghurka
06-21-2008, 04:46 PM
@ puckface and Disme - do you think it's fair to disable someone (regardless of the rules) whilst they are still downloading their first torrent.

SgtMajor
06-21-2008, 04:51 PM
ofc they block the torrent, you overstepped the guidelines in the FAQ.

Most torrents at BTM are small files, a 7GB file is humongous there, so it would have served you better if you had started small, stayed small and seeded back well until you had a ratio of enough substance (ie a good buffer) that would have allowed you to dl the 7GB torrent without the system script kicking in and warning you for low ratio being the new member you were.

It isn't rocket science.

stoi
06-21-2008, 04:52 PM
I think the problem is (if problem is the correct word anyway) you just picked the wrong torrent to download.

On a Music only tracker, 5-6-7gig is a hell of a lot of torrents, even on a flac only tracker its still 20 torrents.

They obviously have it set, that if you go over that much downloaded, with a ratio under whatever, then its an instant ban, but usually this will mean quite a few torrents, so a lot of leeway, but you downloaded 1 7 gig file, hence why you got the auto ban im afraid.

Obviously i do not know what was said in the PMs, but if all you said was, your rules are stupid without explaining things, then you deserve to be banned, if you were more diplomatic with them, then maybe they would have give you a 2nd chance.

damn beat by sgtmajor :(

wevotedno
06-21-2008, 04:55 PM
I think the problem is (if problem is the correct word anyway) you just picked the wrong torrent to download.

On a Music only tracker, 5-6-7gig is s hell of a lot of torrents, even on a flac only tracker its still 20 torrents.

They obviously have it set, that if you go over that much downloaded, with a ratio under whatever, then its an instant ban, but usually this will mean quite a few torrents, so a lot of leeway, but you downloaded 1 7 gig file, hence why you got the auto ban im afraid.

Obviously i do not know what was said in the PMs, but if all you said was, your rules are stupid without explaining things, then you deserve to be banned, if you were more diplomatic with them, then maybe they would have give you a 2nd chance.

damn beat by sgtmajor :(

i thought that as well but then i saw the 1:14 seeder/leecher and i saw it as an opportunity to seed back like crazy u know

stoi
06-21-2008, 04:59 PM
well you have to be careful of partial seeders as well, I have no idea how that tracker works or what their rules are, or what the torrent you dl was like. but 13 of those 14 may not have been downloading anything, so thats why you only got 20KBs upload.

Night0wl
06-21-2008, 05:12 PM
Downloading a giant torrent (in site aspect) as the first torrent was plain thoughtless, so you only have yourself to blame, no matter what your upspeed is.

And btw staff on Pedro's are quite civilized and nice if treated that way. I have had several dealings with them in my time there, and it is one site where I wouldn't hesitate for one second contacting them about any issue, without fear of getting reprimanded, warned or banned for it.

I think your PM's might just have been uncivilized in the first place, and I feel pretty sure that a polite PM explaining that you screwed up would have had quite different outcome.

stoi
06-21-2008, 05:12 PM
Im a Spamming moron

whats that got to do with anything?

Skiz
06-21-2008, 05:36 PM
Downloading a giant torrent (in site aspect) as the first torrent was plain thoughtless, so you only have yourself to blame, no matter what your upspeed is.

And btw staff on Pedro's are quite civilized and nice if treated that way. I have had several dealings with them in my time there, and it is one site where I wouldn't hesitate for one second contacting them about any issue, without fear of getting reprimanded, warned or banned for it.

I think your PM's might just have been uncivilized in the first place, and I feel pretty sure that a polite PM explaining that you screwed up would have had quite different outcome.

Or perhaps your experience was different than ours.

I was banned from the tracker altogether for having a wrong drive offset. A setting that would pass at E****, waffles, or what. I'm certain of that as I upload FLAC rips at all three of those. It was a minor discrepancy to say the least.

I had never been warned there before for doing the same or for anything else. I also had a positive ratio. I was what most would call a perfect member. A simple PM would have been well received.

This was some time ago and surprisingly I still have the message I sent:

"No need. I've thought it out and am quite put off, my improper upload aside.

It sickens me to see how trackers do "business" at times. It is akin to a baseball game where all the players begin with 2 strikes, or a boxing match where the ref starts counting at 9. Or in an online world, a forum who bans member on their first bad post. It's absurd, and it's a slap in the face when the ban comes.

Why not disable the torrent and PM the member?
Why not disable the members ability to upload and PM the member?

There are all sorts of avenues a tracker could exhaust in order to show just a bit of respect to their members, but very few choose to do so.

I certainly wouldn't ever petition a pardon from such irreverence due to a molehill.

Good luck to you....

Sam"

My attitude is unchanged.

Nevermind, skiz.

guys relax. i am not new nor a HnR-unner

Perhaps I should have put :sarcasm: at the end of my statement. :whistling

Night0wl
06-21-2008, 05:46 PM
On E you would have to mark it as unofficial. Waffles and What don't give a shit about users not uploading proper rips. You know that very well, and have complained about it yourself.

It's one of the things I like about Pedro's. I have got PM's telling me that a torrent I downloaded wasn't proper and has been deleted.

They state clearly that any uploader is forced to follow guidelines.

Detale
06-21-2008, 05:51 PM

I don't think he is whining at all. A long long time ago on a BT site far far away I once got banned for questioning a Mods decision. I came here to FST and bitched and bitched and guess what I got the attention of the site owner himself. The owner contacted me and was one of the coolest people and he not only had gotten my acct back with all my stats but we are friends today. I don't want to say what tracker because I was never to discuss the details because he said he could not publicly go against his staff but in a nutshell his staff member was wrong, so whining and bitching sometimes works, I mean just look at FatCats post history :P

OMG I just realized I am in fact a blatant homosexual and I have a burning man crush on D
:blink: Uh dude did you really need to announce this here? I mean your constant PM's with naked self pics are enough really.

Secondly, when you join you are given 1 GB of buffer to get you started. That does not mean you can speed download 7 GB torrents without seeding enough to get enough buffer to take down 7 GB torrents. I feel compelled to add that the mod did not ban you, the tracker did. It bans at a certain ratio level.So you are saying that it is not unreasonable that 10 minutes into downloading their first torrent a member is informed that their ratio is unacceptable even though they are still actively seeding. Look at it from a neutral's point of view....doesn't that seem extremely harsh.

I think judgment has been clouded here by simply looking at ratio alone which is not always an accurate assessment of the situation. You have to also have to take other factors into account.

TBH this is not exactly a good advertisement for your site.

See guys thats why we should respect old people :P Seriously this guy as old as Yoda

slayer2005
06-21-2008, 06:09 PM
suks

puckface
06-21-2008, 06:49 PM

I guess I need the /sarcasm tags on my posts as well....

Stabber
06-21-2008, 07:08 PM
It sucks . I'm sorry for your lost .

ghurka
06-21-2008, 07:12 PM
See guys thats why we should respect old people :P Seriously this guy as old as Yodahttp://www.smileymagick.com/gen/smiley.php?text=Detale loves the gay gordons&smiley=bye&fontcolor=FF0099&ss=1&font=&shadowcolor=FF33CC&signcolor=FFFFFF&ext=.gif (http://www.smileymagick.com)

Skiz
06-21-2008, 08:53 PM
They state clearly that any uploader is forced to follow guidelines.

:whoosh:

No one is debating that, ffs.

The point is how the contravention was (mis)handled, to and fro.

wevotedno
06-21-2008, 09:02 PM
The question here is simple. Lets say i am a leecher and a bad community member. This was a minor incident to be taken as it did by the mods. from the moment that they deal with hundreds of other members, they should knoe better and investigate and be more down to earth.

Was such a big deal that they could not just warn me? The seeders were the same and i did upload a cople of gigs. i dint even hnr. So...

Anyway, unfortunately i still see that there are many members at FST, full of anger and repression. It only takes a few seconds to check my profile and to see what kind of member i am. Instead, majority chooses to behave in way that leaves as all in wonder.

thanks for the positive as well as the negative comments. After all everybd is entitled of an opinion.

LoKaLiRi
06-21-2008, 09:45 PM
very sad for u mate :( , hope u can solve it without donate :P

Skerven
06-22-2008, 02:01 AM
yeah, you should have followed the rules. you gotta read the rules.

yeah, who doesn't read the rules? it's not liek they hid them.

in all seriousness, though, be sure you RTFM next time you go in there.

Night0wl
06-22-2008, 02:02 AM
The question here is simple. Lets say i am a leecher and a bad community member. This was a minor incident to be taken as it did by the mods. from the moment that they deal with hundreds of other members, they should knoe better and investigate and be more down to earth.

Was such a big deal that they could not just warn me? The seeders were the same and i did upload a cople of gigs. i dint even hnr. So...

Anyway, unfortunately i still see that there are many members at FST, full of anger and repression. It only takes a few seconds to check my profile and to see what kind of member i am. Instead, majority chooses to behave in way that leaves as all in wonder.

thanks for the positive as well as the negative comments. After all everybd is entitled of an opinion.

what I was saying is that if you had worded your initial PM to staff differently, then things would be different.

wevotedno
06-22-2008, 04:45 AM

what I was saying is that if you had worded your initial PM to staff differently, then things would be different.

It's because of the donation.

Cut it out friend. Its nothing like that :)

Funkin'
06-22-2008, 06:19 AM
I'm definitely sorry for your loss. You've just lost one of(if not the) the best music trackers that there is. Their strict quality standards is what makes this site so good. And these standards have spoiled me so much that I pretty much don't download my music from anywhere else.

I've always thought that Pedro's had some of the nicest staff members out of any tracker. And I still think that for the most part. But one of the replies from a staff member in this thread was a little harsh, I think. Did you do something incredibly stupid? Yes, obviously(I'm sorry, but you don't start out at any site, especially not a music site, grabbing a 7gb torrent as your first download). But was it so horrible that you couldn't have been given a second chance? In my opinion, no. I believe it was an honest mistake. That you really thought it would be ok to download, and that the torrent would have little problems seeding back because of your box.

If you would have pm'd a staff member stating your problem, and politely asking for a second chance, instead of going on about the "unfair rules", then you might have gotten one.

I hope you can eventually get back into the site. Because from what I've seen since I've been a member, the staff really are nice(at least I've never ran into a problem with them), and the quality of the content is excellent.

MaaxHimself
06-22-2008, 06:29 AM

:lol:rotfl laughing. This is ridiculous.
Maybe the reason you get so many PM's of complaint is because you let banned members back on the site by donating money:whistling

soulreaper
06-22-2008, 06:37 AM

Banning him when he hasn't even finished dlding the first torrent leave alone seeding it back fully is plain retarded.

And frankly I'm sick and tired of hearing the same explanation when a member is banned which is "It's their site and their rules they can do what they want" .Guess what,its the members that make your site great and they determine the quality of your site, so when a member is treated like toilet paper he is well within his rights to be cross with the site.

Sorry for your loss dude,should have been treated better.