PDA

View Full Version : Why aren't we talking about...

j2k4
06-20-2008, 11:56 PM
...the Israeli/Hamas truce?

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/06/19/mideast/mideast.php

torrentt
06-21-2008, 11:03 AM
i think its a mistake to make a truce without getting Gilad Shalit back as a part of the agreement.
other then that, now Hamas will have the chance to rearm itself and plan further attacks without the IDF interrupting them.

j2k4
06-21-2008, 01:39 PM
i think its a mistake to make a truce without getting Gilad Shalit back as a part of the agreement.
other then that, now Hamas will have the chance to rearm itself and plan further attacks without the IDF interrupting them.

I agree, Gilad should have been an initial piece of any sort of deal, but I'm wondering why (even though we've had a tendency to beat this subject to death) we aren't jumping on it.

I'd venture the answer is that we've become too jaded and inured to wade back in - the very thing that inhibits the process from the outset.

How about that.

Skiz
06-24-2008, 07:37 PM
Seems that Hamas has broken the cease fire already. No shocker there.

In my opinion, Israel had to accept a cease fire. Had they not, it would have been used against them as many would say that peace was offered and Israel declined it. Agreeing was a win-win for them. They get the good publicity, they actually give peace a shot, and since we all knew that the Palestinians would never be able to hold up their end, it allows Israel to say they tried peace and it didn't work.

j2k4
06-25-2008, 09:16 PM
Seems that Hamas has broken the cease fire already. No shocker there.

In my opinion, Israel had to accept a cease fire. Had they not, it would have been used against them as many would say that peace was offered and Israel declined it. Agreeing was a win-win for them. They get the good publicity, they actually give peace a shot, and since we all knew that the Palestinians would never be able to hold up their end, it allows Israel to say they tried peace and it didn't work.

Pretty much the case.

Israel basically loses nothing at all be agreeing to anything short of self-immolation.

Still, though, they're not likely to be positively credited for any of it.

ilw
06-26-2008, 07:45 PM
it wasn't hamas...

Mr.sharer
06-26-2008, 08:04 PM
israel makes a truce , the they break them . its all part of the iron wall . some people are just too blind to see it

read Vladimir Jabotinsky - the iron wall

Skiz
06-27-2008, 01:14 AM
it wasn't hamas...

What wasn't? :unsure:

Skiz
06-27-2008, 01:20 AM
israel makes a truce , the they break them . its all part of the iron wall . some people are just too blind to see it

read Vladimir Jabotinsky - the iron wall

Define "they".

If you mean Israel, you're wrong. All reports are saying that the Israeli raid was which ended in 2 deaths was a reaction to rockets which were fired by militants.

I've yet to read a single story which states otherwise. Surely you can backup your claim...

jayz707
06-27-2008, 01:42 AM
its never gonna end. im sure your grand children would be there to witness this too... :)

ilw
06-27-2008, 11:17 PM
hamas didn't break the ceasefire two other terrorist groups did (or at least claimed they did).
its a technicality, the ceasefire has been broken from the Gaza side, but it just bugged me

torrentt
06-27-2008, 11:49 PM
well its hard for the palestinians to stop attacking israel, they don't have anything else to do so they just couldn't help themselves. i'm sure as we speak they are smuggling weapons and ammunition to rearm themselves through tunnels, as a part of the purpose of this ceasefire

tralalala
06-28-2008, 01:16 PM
Dear ilw.. Hamas are the leaders in Gaza. They took over the strip a little over a year ago. They run whatever the hell goes on in there. You honestly think that if they wanted to they couldn't stop other groups of breaking the ceasefire? Come off it.. They killed hundreds of Fatah movement militants, only to have those same militants fire rockets from within Gaza, a year after these same militants lifted a white flag in surrender to Hamas. It is Hamas' fault to the max.

@Mr. Sharer - As Skizo pointed out, please, back up your claim.

zedex
06-29-2008, 03:36 PM
no point of blaming each other as i see it , what needs to happen is that ppl will start to go uot on the streets a protest caus right now only politicians run the show and they are controlled by their own private interests most of the time . they make war when it fits them and their campaign and try to make peace when the public opinion is getting sick of them and wants to kick them out . politicians in the middle east are a sad joke , full of ego and power control fricks ( israelies and palestinians politician the same ) . whenever they fill that their comftrable sit is being risked they will change their opinion in 180 degrees .

ilw
06-29-2008, 10:24 PM
Dear ilw.. Hamas are the leaders in Gaza. They took over the strip a little over a year ago. They run whatever the hell goes on in there. You honestly think that if they wanted to they couldn't stop other groups of breaking the ceasefire? Come off it.. They killed hundreds of Fatah movement militants, only to have those same militants fire rockets from within Gaza, a year after these same militants lifted a white flag in surrender to Hamas. It is Hamas' fault to the max.

@Mr. Sharer - As Skizo pointed out, please, back up your claim.
Whichever way you look at it Hamas are partially responsible. The level of culpability is up for debate, but its a debate i intentionally tried to avoid because there are no facts to go on, so the entire debate would just be based on prejudice.
My entire point was (and is) that saying Hamas broke the ceasefire is an oversimplification

tralalala
07-01-2008, 03:58 PM
It doesn't matter, it's like the Israeli government being responsible for all right wing extremists for whatever acts of terrorism or simply put - bullshit, that they do. Hamas are totally responsible for whatever happens in the strip, since they were democratically elected, and have dictated their leadership there using force - Therefor, whatever happens there is up to the and can be controlled by them.

thewizeard
07-06-2008, 09:34 PM
...the Israeli/Hamas truce?

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/06/19/mideast/mideast.php
:O
Because it's boring!

Why aren't we talking about the destruction of the Inca or Aztec civilisation?

..Or beter still should the West retake all the land, Alexander the Great Conquered? :unsure:

Skiz
07-06-2008, 09:36 PM
You're comparing old shit that's been discussed to current events.

Next...

thewizeard
07-06-2008, 10:15 PM
I heard that Osama Bin Ladin is planning to re-take Spain, which is why that second possible discussion, actually, is relevant;

next..