PDA

View Full Version : sticky suggestion

Polarbear
06-21-2008, 07:50 AM
could we please have a sticky named "banned and bitching"?

http://xs128.xs.to/xs128/08256/yawn965.gif (http://xs.to)

kondrae
06-21-2008, 07:59 AM
the closest we have to that is the Scammers and Cheaters sticky in the invite section but its been locked

helpme
06-21-2008, 08:05 AM
whats the benefits of that????

spybot229
06-21-2008, 08:23 AM
all the "sct suck's" threads get put all in one thread

monk3y
06-21-2008, 08:46 AM
same goes to bitmetv, so maybe a combined thread for "been banned and bitchin" for all trackers.

fatcat69
06-21-2008, 10:11 AM
same goes to bitmetv, so maybe a combined thread for "been banned and bitchin" for all trackers.

lol there are threads like this in pretty much every tracker i know of showing users who got tossed out

I enjoy reading them when im bored sometimes..heck theres about 10 active threads here at fst of people doing the same thing :lol:

Something Else
06-21-2008, 11:11 AM
If I was ever banned from somewhere i'd shut the fuck up about it. :dabs:

tralalala
06-21-2008, 11:23 AM
I'm with sexbench here.. It's pointless.. These threads die out after a day or to anyways...

The Flying Cow
06-21-2008, 02:28 PM
I enjoy reading them when im bored sometimes..heck theres about 10 active threads here at fst of people doing the same thing :lol:

What gets me is there are about 100 dupe threads weekly. You just need to go to page 2 or 3 of the BitTorrent section and you'll start seeing the same threads repeated over and over and over and over again.

SgtMajor
06-21-2008, 02:44 PM
If I was ever banned from somewhere i'd shut the fuck up about it. :dabs:

So that's why there was no outcry when I banned you from my bench you wench, makes cents now.

You'll have to speak to the Park Manager during work hours Mon-Fri (if he's not eating or drinking at the time then you might get a reasonable & cohesive answer), just don't pester him and wait patiently at the gates with a written invitation for your number to be called forward to be interviewed, any bitching and straight to the back of the queue you go.

Disme
06-21-2008, 03:27 PM
I agree there are a lot of these threads where members come whining about being banned for this and that unfair reason.

In the first place you have to think ... what it BT ... for some it's there life ... yes, that's pathetic, but for a lot of members here some trackers are 'their dream'. That already says a lot about the member in question.

Second ... I can understand that some decent members that have a lasting BT history get a little frustrated when they are banned for some reason that looks unfair to them.

I don't think it is that bad people start these threads cause it gives the community-reps that 'reside'here at FST the chance to tell their side of the story. That way future members of the trackers in question know what to do and what not to do.

It's easy to say for some that one should stop whining and go on when you see your ultimate goal in your patethic life or socalled 'dream' shattered to pieces.

But the last thread I read here at FST about being banned was quite informative and doesn't bother me at all. Off course the first thing one should do is go to IRC and try to talk about it with the staff member in question or maybe send a PM here to the community rep. At least that's how I would act if I was banned for no reason.

:fst:

tralalala
06-21-2008, 05:48 PM
To be honest, the last thread was actually quite constructive, minus the odd "tough luck" posts. Informative posts and all.. About time people understood the idea of a discussion board.

Bionic
06-21-2008, 06:30 PM
I always see those threads coming up all the time. All you see at the end is the same reason, Lol.

th0r
06-21-2008, 07:32 PM
If I was ever banned from somewhere i'd shut the fuck up about it. :dabs:why would someone ban you, benchface?

Disme
06-21-2008, 07:37 PM
To be honest, the last thread was actually quite constructive, minus the odd "tough luck" posts. Informative posts and all.. About time people understood the idea of a discussion board.

Yeah ...but as you can see from the replies in THIS post ... there is no discussion...I know ... It is much easier to give some sarcastic comment than to open a REAL discussion.

I would expect more intelligence from some members in this thread ... apparently I am wrong :whistling

LoKaLiRi
06-21-2008, 09:48 PM
unnecessary

Stabber
06-21-2008, 10:53 PM
I don't think is necessary to be sticky

Detale
06-21-2008, 10:55 PM
I appreciate the joke PB. But the truth is when people say things like

all the "sct suck's" threads get put all in one thread
all it does is make them sound foolish. Lets be real here. We all know that these trackers don't want you to trade their invites/accts so it does sometimes boggle my mind when people cry about it after they got caught and banned. Now there are a few threads where people have legit gripes and were wrongly banned but those are few and far between

Skiz
06-21-2008, 11:17 PM

Great point.

Well represented.

Artemis
06-22-2008, 12:10 AM

Depends where you live really, it gets quite sticky here in the summer.........

Now back to the discussion, the vast majority of the I've been banned are I have been caught & banned threads, through trading or cheating, they always start out with a sob story, then the member is challenged and then the thread descends into a slinging match with the inevitable I hate [fill in the blanks] tracker/staff member.
All such inquiries are best handled by the staff on the tracker, and all have an IRC channel for just such problems, yet time and time again they say they don't know how to use IRC, this I find hard to believe its not some mystical science.
I agree that this is a discussion board but like benchez the last thing I would discuss on this board was being banned from a tracker. I have had problems in the past which I have resolved by talking to staff.
I think the reason for bmtv threads cropping up so much is this tracker is far more aggressive than others in banning traders, ScT too takes a very dim view, but this is the policy of the tracker and the staff of that tracker.
The simple and inescapable fact of joining a private tracker is that being a member means you have to abide by the rules, yet so many say 'I know I traded but......' ,yet there is no but or and in the rules.
I agree that some are genuine requests for help, but this is a very tiny minority compared to those who do not follow a few simple rules.

bikernin
06-22-2008, 05:22 AM
people are merely seeking a way to vent their frustration/anger/disappointment etc. when they get booted out of a certain tracker. i really do believe theres a lack of awareness about trading and tracker rules in general (how many of you read the rules page??) which leads to more and more n00bs getting banned. while getting banned the first time is a learning experience, doing it again for the same reasons is plain stupid. people need to go someplace and cry about it when this happens, and this is the easiest place to do so. PB you need a sticky thread? we have an entire section for it and guess what its called :P many people find expressing their hatred really cool. if they spent the time they use for whining to actually read and understand tracker rules and ethics, they wouldnt ever get banned from 99% trackers.

Polarbear
06-22-2008, 09:50 PM
I appreciate the joke PB.
at least someone understood that i wasn't dead serious. ;)