PDA

View Full Version : Capturing Video Pictures, What Prog

monkfi5h
08-15-2003, 05:07 PM
Say I have a movie and I want to get a still from it...What do i press or what program can i download to take one for me?

Me being me i gave up after the printscreen button wasnt giving me the results I had hoped for

So could you loungers point me in the right direction? I posted this in here because I like my 101 post count :rolleyes:

Also, you guys wouldnt know how I could freeze it could you?

thewizeard
08-15-2003, 05:10 PM
You could try dipping it in liquid nitrogen.

monkfi5h
08-15-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by nigel123@15 August 2003 - 17:10
You could try dipping it in liquid nitrogen.
...and thats my payment for sticking this in the lounge :lol:

Im sure that dastardly Balamm will take control sooner or later, doesnt bother me though, as long as I keep my pretty post count

Riddler
08-16-2003, 01:36 AM
As much as I'd like to make a smart-ass, lounge-type comment........I can't think of one just now so I guess I'll go against my nature for a change and post something useful. :P
This is what I downloaded recently (http://www.dazzle.com) and it was the answer to all my video capture needs.

Cheers. :)

MediaSlayer
08-16-2003, 01:46 AM
I'm gonna resist the urge to call you lazy, monkfish. What you are trying to do can be done in many different ways, where should I start? The old fashioned, turn of video acceleration and print screen works fine. Open paint and press edit , paste. That should work. Or you could look in Virtual Dub. I haven't needed to try it yet but there is a "save image sequence" and also a "copy source/output frame to clipboard" a "frame" is what you are calling a "still" in case you are wondering.

namzuf9
08-16-2003, 02:08 AM
Alt and Print Screen to capture whatever window is in focus.

LoneGypsy
08-16-2003, 04:03 AM
I have a video capture card and lazy thing that I am I use the software that came with it....Dazzle Movie Star. They have a USB version to, but I think I'm getting better quality than the USB could provide.

(New here, and just trying to be useful)

the_faceman
08-16-2003, 12:40 PM
u can't do a simple printscreen to capture video.

there are many programs you can use. a really simple one is Zoom Player (Download Here (http://www.inmatrix.com/files/zoomplayer_download.shtml) )

Just play the film using that, pause it and press Alt + F. you'll be able to choose the path for the file to be saved in the options section.

it saves in .bmp format, but thats easy enough to convert to jpeg.

Wisdom-soft ScreenHunter pro and plus also capture video effectively.