most of the time is not work or not respond
or some mysterious things occur there all the time
rules are changing there twice a day
staff come and go all the time and make new policy
for how long this mess will take?
grow up ppl

Theory11
06-26-2008, 01:33 PM
ptn is problematic site - it was only experiencing down time since 2 days ago. how can u just ignorantly make a judgment like that?

most of the time is not work or not respond - how often have you been around ptn? ptn has only been down for me twice since i joined 10 weeks ago. hell ... that is "most of the time?" :rolleyes: im there ALL the time in irc and the forums and the site functions perfectly.

rules are changing there twice a day - the most recent rule change was against public gold giveaways, and there has been no change since.

staff come and go all the time and make new policy - tell me the last time you seen a major staff change, that was 10 weeks ago. the latest change was the auction and it generated positive receptions on the site, i don t care what you think but that "new" policy is great.

for how long this mess will take? - there is no mess,

and i got a question for you. why the hell did you make a thread here publicly on FST? you got a problem with PTN, talk to the staff on the site or in the irc, don't come to FST and use a different alias...are you too afraid to speak out with your ptn account?

bilkenter
06-26-2008, 01:39 PM
yeah using different identities sucks but one can never be sure of other peoples attitudes so kinda get him...Also ptn rocks, it kinda is weird with no ratio system... takes time to get used to it :D but really a great site

Theory11
06-26-2008, 01:43 PM
KREMBO if you got a problem with ptn, keep it as a ptn site matter, don't bring it to a public forum.

what are you trying to achieving with this thread? flaming ptn? that gets you no where.

if you had the guts of opening this thread, why not tell us your nick on ptn? and we will make sure you will not worry about this "mess" anymore :rolleyes:

jasperr
06-26-2008, 01:46 PM
any site that has a requirement, that makes you have to fill out a sorta of application of pre-enrollment isn't worth the energy to get into in the first place.... especially since its a relatively new tracker as it is anyways..... i have inquired, and i have no doubts that i would get.... but thats just gay imo, and wont be joining anytime soon simply because of that... so, if they are having issues like that i say.... oh well, and good luck.....

SgtMajor
06-26-2008, 01:50 PM
KREMBO if you got a problem with ptn, keep it as a ptn site matter, don't bring it to a public forum.

what are you trying to achieving with this thread? flaming ptn? that gets you no where.

if you had the guts of opening this thread, why not tell us your nick on ptn? and we will make sure you will not worry about this "mess" anymore :rolleyes:

He can do what he wants, it is his choice, others may have similar views and only feel free to express them here and therefore he asked the questions he did.

And with the attitude you have just shown, is it any wonder he only felt free enough to ask here.

robotpirate
06-26-2008, 02:04 PM

it's like he hurt your feelings :lol:

KREMBO
06-26-2008, 02:08 PM
Theory11

it is not flaming
it is constructive criticism
and what i am writing is indicate what other ppl think
and i dont have a private problem
so cut the bullshit with guts and all this shit
cus you dont have the guts to deal with the reality
and may be you are suffer from inferiority complex

sokrates
06-26-2008, 02:27 PM
any site that has a requirement, that makes you have to fill out a sorta of application of pre-enrollment isn't worth the energy to get into in the first place.... especially since its a relatively new tracker as it is anyways..... i have inquired, and i have no doubts that i would get.... but thats just gay imo, and wont be joining anytime soon simply because of that... so, if they are having issues like that i say.... oh well, and good luck.....

haha, they have an application? i just turned all invite offers i got down, so i never knew that.. funny stuff :P
dont they make an exception for special people?

dunson
06-26-2008, 03:32 PM
On the positive side, the theme is pretty and I like the user class names.

I'm not on there anymore though, so maybe that has changed too.

killercam101
06-26-2008, 03:42 PM
Im sorry if PTN down time means you actually have to talk to your friends and family Krembo we'll try to fix this problem right away!

respawn40
06-26-2008, 03:44 PM
Im sorry if PTN down time means you actually have to talk to your friends and family Krembo we'll try to fix this problem right away!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

markupmaster
06-26-2008, 03:46 PM
Oh my..

Internet Drama...

:P

jasperr
06-26-2008, 03:55 PM

haha, they have an application? i just turned all invite offers i got down, so i never knew that.. funny stuff :P
dont they make an exception for special people?

dunno..... never asked... how speacial are ya talking abouts?? short bus special??? .. if then maybe .. lol

DeadCell
06-26-2008, 04:04 PM
Sorry about the down time but DdoS is a pain.

I dont mind this thread being made lol, he has a right to ask whats going on whether it be privately or publicly i dont mind, though some of his statements are incorrect to an extent, i mean we had alot of changes in a short time in the beginning before i owned it but nothing like that as of late.

//DC//

puckface
06-26-2008, 04:10 PM

I dont mind this thread being made lol, he has a right to ask whats going on whether it be privately or publicly i dont mind, though some of his statements are incorrect to an extent, i mean we had alot of changes in a short time in the beginning before i owned it but nothing like that as of late.

//DC//

see, now this is the response that should have been given from the beginning instead of some jackasses spouting off and calling people ignorant, kind of an idiot move if you ask me. I commend DeadCell on his candor and response, the rest of you above should learn something from him.

jasperr
06-26-2008, 04:11 PM

//DC//

heh... at least i know now who to go to for the hookup.. lol.. :whistling

//DC//

see, now this is the response that should have been given from the beginning instead of some jackasses spouting off and calling people ignorant, kind of an idiot move if you ask me. I commend DeadCell on his candor and response, the rest of you above should learn something from him.

agreed

LivingInSouthPark
06-26-2008, 04:22 PM
ptn is problematic site
grow up ppl

So what is the point in your thread ? The bad things u say happened along time ago...but it seems you don't visit the site very often but u can talk bullshits about it....ohh what am i saying ofc u are not visiting the site often...u just go there once in a month or something to keep your acc alive so you can give it away here cuz this is what u do
:huh:

KREMBO
06-26-2008, 04:30 PM
ptn is problematic site
grow up ppl

So what is the point in your thread ? The bad things u say happened along time ago...but it seems you don't visit the site very often but u can talk bullshits about it....ohh what am i saying ofc u are not visiting the site often...u just go there once in a month or something to keep your acc alive so you can give it away here cuz this is what u do
you are not expert shit

nthpeter
06-26-2008, 04:42 PM
The only problem with PTN is that they dont allow traders or normal users with trader past. (But they cant stop traders to become members of PTN, i know some powder monkey traders...) They are traders, too, they trade rlses, movies, so i dont know why they think they are saints and traders are the evil.

DeadCell
06-26-2008, 04:51 PM
The only problem with PTN is that they dont allow traders or normal users with trader past. (But they cant stop traders to become members of PTN, i know some powder monkey traders...) They are traders, too, they trade rlses, movies, so i dont know why they think they are saints and traders are the evil.

I do let ex-traders on but there has to a certain time limit for me to see them not as a threat, i know i cant stop all traders but i do find them and if they are actively trading i will disable them. About this 'trading movies and rlses' i dont understand that comment, i dont give people movies in exchange for other movies...

//DC//

nthpeter
06-26-2008, 05:07 PM

I do let ex-traders on but there has to a certain time limit for me to see them not as a threat, i know i cant stop all traders but i do find them and if they are actively trading i will disable them. About this 'trading movies and rlses' i dont understand that comment, i dont give people movies in exchange for other movies...

//DC//

I mean trading movies is trading the bytes of the movies ;) If you dont upload, you cant download. You have to give something to others to be able to download from others. (Like ppl who transfer rlses from one FTP to the other, scene call them traders, right?)

And I think:
- if a trader wants to be in PTN in order to trade it, the account will be disabled sooner or later for inactivity OR the trader gives it to another trader OR to a member who use the tracker.
- so sooner or later every account will have its proud PTN member, and till it hasnt, the trader use a seed server wich is also good for PTN.

But these are the rules of PTN, i dont want to critise the owner(s).

DeadCell
06-26-2008, 05:21 PM
I mean trading movies is trading the bytes of the movies http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../images/smilies/wink.gif If you dont upload, you cant download. You have to give something to others to be able to download from others. (Like ppl who transfer rlses from one FTP to the other, scene call them traders, right?)

Alright i understand now.

Its the whole account passing hands thing that is dangerous, it could go from bad user to bad user to bad user and maybe even along the way to a user who has it in mind to harm the site, let alone the whole evil anti-piracy orgs out there (i know there are those who would say no point in trying to stop as they are already in but i still want to try). If there are good members out there who would like to be a part of PtN who dont trade it is as easy as answering a few questions to get an idea of how you would benefit the community and its harder to trade your way in. Im not gonna spout about anti-trading as its a worn out subject...

//DC//

bilkenter
06-26-2008, 05:23 PM
i luv your ideology men proud to be a ptn member :)

at topic poster, well they are mostly doing it for free, no ratio at all, and dealing with sql and so forth, i think, without knowing much, you shouldnt judge the site, it is really a good site though there has been a problem recently. But problem occur, i have lots of thing going in my own life, so you are, therefore confronting a problem within a site isnt such a big problem, staff is also awesome.

nthpeter
06-26-2008, 05:37 PM
I mean trading movies is trading the bytes of the movies http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../images/smilies/wink.gif If you dont upload, you cant download. You have to give something to others to be able to download from others. (Like ppl who transfer rlses from one FTP to the other, scene call them traders, right?)

Alright i understand now.

Its the whole account passing hands thing that is dangerous, it could go from bad user to bad user to bad user and maybe even along the way to a user who has it in mind to harm the site, let alone the whole evil anti-piracy orgs out there (i know there are those who would say no point in trying to stop as they are already in but i still want to try). If there are good members out there who would like to be a part of PtN who dont trade it is as easy as answering a few questions to get an idea of how you would benefit the community and its harder to trade your way in. Im not gonna spout about anti-trading as its a worn out subject...

//DC//

Youre right. But in my mind, traders dont harm the sites. Like in my case: I traded some accounts, i didnt use them but buffered them with lot of GBs. Now I use most of them, I try to be active in forums, I leech a lot to make a good ratio to others, etc...
If I have an offer to trade something to a PTN acc. or invite, I think I will do it. And after I got the acc., Im sure I would use it, b/c I like the style of that site, and the power of a small community. (But now I realized how many ppl dont want me on that pirate ship... :()

Polarbear
06-26-2008, 05:38 PM
i'd like to take a look at the application form please.

bilkenter
06-26-2008, 05:45 PM
nthpeter, i believe in the same thing, what is the point of keeping an account if you wont use it? as long as you give the account to those who u deem worthy of the site, it shall be ok to trade. By trade meaning give away

stoi
06-26-2008, 05:55 PM
what a load of crap

Ok you trade your account, the person you traded to gets banned for cheating.

so you really think that the only person thats going to get butt whipped is the new member.

You will as well, tracker staff do talk to each other you know, and pass info on to each other, so you will get get tarred with the same brush and banned from a few sites.

Also the reason for these small communities, is they do not want anyone that should not be there, in there, they let you have an account, but they dont want you giving that account away to just anyone, or to get into another tracker.

Its called security, and most smaller sites are really security concious.

as for your argument about uploading/downloading being the same as trading, what a load of crap, thats called sharing numbnuts not trading.

bilkenter
06-26-2008, 05:59 PM
well dude i am definitely not against safe trade or giveaway, if i dont use it, and know the person i am gonna give my account very well, where is the harm in that? i have a real friend here, who gave me tl for free shared his iplay and much more account, i use my seedbox with him and so forth, i trust his judgement and actions, i know what type of person he is, so if i were to give my account, i would give him without even thinking, because without trust in humanity, we are nothing but savage animals dude. I still cant bear this kinda mentality sorry dude, if i believe, he can really be an asset to this little community, i will give it if i dont use it...I get your reasons, however i still defend that without our faith in humanity, How can i entrust my life to doctor or anyone else for that matter? As far as i am concerned, this kinda isolated environment does harm than good to the tracker...

edit: as a final note, not everybody has the same opportunities like you or i do, if we dont lend a hand, then you shall have noone to help you out in the future

stoi
06-26-2008, 06:02 PM
if you dont use it, DELETE it.

if he wants in, ask a staff member if he can get in, make a really really good PM about why you think he would be a good member. all they can say is no.

But no, no one does that, the staff are human as well, not some green eyed monsters to hide from you know.

DeadCell
06-26-2008, 06:04 PM
if you dont use it, DELETE it.

if he wants in, ask a staff member if he can get in, make a really really good PM about why you think he would be a good member. all they can say is no.

But no, no one does that, the staff are human as well, not some green eyed monsters to hide from you know.

Exactly.

nthpeter
06-26-2008, 06:09 PM
what a load of crap

Ok you trade your account, the person you traded to gets banned for cheating.

so you really think that the only person thats going to get butt whipped is the new member.

You will as well, tracker staff do talk to each other you know, and pass info on to each other, so you will get get tarred with the same brush and banned from a few sites.

Also the reason for these small communities, is they do not want anyone that should not be there, in there, they let you have an account, but they dont want you giving that account away to just anyone, or to get into another tracker.

Its called security, and most smaller sites are really security concious.

as for your argument about uploading/downloading being the same as trading, what a load of crap, thats called sharing numbnuts not trading.

We can call it both trading and sharing I think. But not that sentence is my main argument. I know that small user limit means there are probably less cheaters (btw, i think traders are not cheaters, there are traders who want good trackers to use and cheaters who trade to be able to cheat on the sites).
And of course security isnt that good that you think. All the trackers get their media from the Scene, which is also highly secured, with rules: 'Dont upload to P2P or we kill you!'. And there are cheaters in the Scene who think they are heros and make the Scene insecure by bringing rlses to P2P. And now torrent trackers are afraid of cheaters LOL :D.

OK, stop spamming, this could be in another topic.

John1988
06-26-2008, 06:11 PM
OMG here we go again.............

nthpeter
06-26-2008, 06:13 PM
OMG here we go again.............

I just mentioned it to make a good argument, srry :cry:

PS.: I dont want to harm tracker owners just because they want to stay secure, i just dont like that they think they are the source of what they offer.

stoi
06-26-2008, 06:14 PM
OK, i will explain this in laymans terms.

you create and account on a site.

you sign in, your email, IP etc is on your account.

You trade with someone 1 week to 10 years later

The person you traded with, cheats on his ratio.

he gets banned

the entire user history is there for the staff to see, they can tell its a trade, so you get tarred with the same brush.

But why trade, i hear on here all the time, there are far to many trackers as there is, and there is only so many places that get the releases, as in they get spread from one to the other anyway.

so whats the point of trading, and you cant say community, because traders keep their heads down and dont take part in the community just incase they get caught.

we are open and we still get traders, its bloody stupid.

bilkenter
06-26-2008, 06:16 PM
i didnt know we could delete accounts, thanks for the info, but if buffered, why not let him use it? But, i got your argument mate, thanks for valuable information

edit: it means a lot to hear this from you

SgtMajor
06-26-2008, 06:25 PM
but if buffered, why not let him use it?

That is all you ever mention isn't it? - buffering, buffered, buffer etc etc.

There is far more to torrenting than getting a seedbox and "buffering", you do realise that for every byte you overseed, someone down the chain cannot get their torrent back to 1:1 on their home pipe because of your greed?

You also seem to think that a buffer then gives you the opportunity to just leech & leech to use the "buffer up", well this is where HnR comes into play, most sites don't allow it, so for you to keep "buffering" so someone can use the buffer at a later date (in your warped mind) is 100% the wrong way to think about things.

I've said it before, you have a lot, a real lot, to learn about being a good torrenter.

nthpeter
06-26-2008, 06:26 PM
OK, i will explain this in laymans terms.

you create and account on a site.

you sign in, your email, IP etc is on your account.

You trade with someone 1 week to 10 years later

The person you traded with, cheats on his ratio.

he gets banned

the entire user history is there for the staff to see, they can tell its a trade, so you get tarred with the same brush.

But why trade, i hear on here all the time, there are far to many trackers as there is, and there is only so many places that get the releases, as in they get spread from one to the other anyway.

so whats the point of trading, and you cant say community, because traders keep their heads down and dont take part in the community just incase they get caught.

we are open and we still get traders, its bloody stupid.

So, I mean, there are traders who trade to get into sites they want, then use them. I know there are some who cheat, trade as much they can and harm the community. But, I think, these ppl are very stupid and they are not too much. There are much more white hat traders :D
(And i didnt know that tracker owners talk to each other about banned and dangerous users, thats new to me).
If a tracker owner dont want these not-so-evil traders on his tracker, then ban them, I understand but cant accept that mentality.
Giving an invite to a cheater is dangerous, thats really true, fortunately i havent done this before.

jasperr
06-26-2008, 06:30 PM
Where did this theory of filesharing is like trading??? i don't see any points or connections between the two.. all i see is someone trying in a pathetic way to justify trader actions... i'll admit its creative... but still pathetic.. seeing thats what trackers are all about.. sharing.. as for trading... what stoi was saying hit the nail on the head! the smaller communities want the security..

nthpeter
06-26-2008, 06:31 PM

There is far more to torrenting than getting a seedbox and "buffering", you do realise that for every byte you overseed, someone down the chain cannot get their torrent back to 1:1 on their home pipe because of your greed?

You also seem to think that a buffer then gives you the opportunity to just leech & leech to use the "buffer up", well this is where HnR comes into play, most sites don't allow it, so for you to keep "buffering" so someone can use the buffer at a later date (in your warped mind) is 100% the wrong way to think about things.

I've said it before, you have a lot, a real lot, to learn about being a good torrenter.

This is also a good question. I have great buffers on sites, but i dont do HnR, I like to know that I dont have to worry about dling something. I feel Im a good torrenter. (And also a stupid one, once I uploaded almost 100Gb to TPB just b/c i found a rare TV show on it and i was very pleased ;))

integral
06-26-2008, 06:38 PM
I can definitely say that trading accounts is bad; it usually attracts the more distasteful people of the torrent society (traders, cheaters etc), and to me it's a slap in the face to all of the people who got their accounts by playing by the rules.

Trading invites is bad as well, and I am against it, but I'll go out on a limb and say it's a lesser of the two evils of trading; if two people want to trade invites, and trust each other with maintaining an honest account, then I don't think it will harm the tracker that much, unless the traders just want to breed invites, but I think that goes along with "maintaining an honest account." :D

Of course, there are good people, with good intentions, who trade simply because they see no other way to get into another site (their "dream" sites, oh how that makes me laugh sometimes :P). And some of those people won't cheat, and won't even trade again; they'll be happy with what they good and be a good user to that tracker in the future. But the harsh truth is that most trading results in bad accounts, cheaters, and people who just breed invites for more trades. That is why trading should be forbidden on every tracker, in my opinion, because not everyone has good intentions.

Zeus1
06-26-2008, 07:09 PM
ptn is problematic site
grow up ppl

+1 :yup:
:P :whistling :naughty: :P

marwell
06-26-2008, 08:33 PM
well ... PtN ...

I was there on beginning (or still I am?), my first feelings was good, staffers looks like experienced BT members, who knows what are doing, I really enoyed the site and for me was place no1, (you know that, ppl like us needs the community) and I think that I founded mine, I enjoyed iRC and I was an Uploader (Gunner if still is that rank called that)

why I am talking in past tense? Bcs week ago when I joined the site, happen some misterious things and on many places (include FST) was ppl talking about PtN bad things ... staff changes, ppl were banned ... that isnt good, I sayed, and when I gived the invite to HDBits to one of the staff or VIP (called eric I think) the acc was disabled, so I decided to giveawayd account

btw wasnt SgtMajor a recruiter for PtN?

anyway for movies is better TehConnection ;)

Now I am thinkin about PtN like about strange dark place with untrusted elite userbase ...

future requesters, think twice what are you requesting, and If its PtN, better for you use different email and password on this site ..

CPC464
06-26-2008, 08:52 PM
the acc was disabled, so I decided to giveawayd account

you gave a disabled account away, that was nice of you :D

Back to the original subject of ptn being down, deadcell could you please answer.

i have left all my torrents seeding and although they are all red in utorrent they are still being leeched.
while the site is down are we still earning bonus, total traffic etc

DeadCell
06-26-2008, 08:57 PM
look back a few pages mate.

About the torrents, as long as you keep em going the site will catch up when its back.

CPC464
06-26-2008, 09:18 PM
thanks

LivingInSouthPark
06-26-2008, 09:24 PM
well ... Ptn ...

I Was There On Beginning (or Still I Am?), My First Feelings Was Good, Staffers Looks Like Experienced Bt Members, Who Knows What Are Doing, I Really Enoyed The Site And For Me Was Place No1, (you Know That, Ppl Like Us Needs The Community) And I Think That I Founded Mine, I Enjoyed Irc And I Was An Uploader (gunner If Still Is That Rank Called That)

Why I Am Talking In Past Tense? Bcs Week Ago When I Joined The Site, Happen Some Misterious Things And On Many Places (include Fst) Was Ppl Talking About Ptn Bad Things ... Staff Changes, Ppl Were Banned ... That Isnt Good, I Sayed, And When I Gived The Invite To Hdbits To One Of The Staff Or Vip (called Eric I Think) The Acc Was Disabled, So I Decided To Giveawayd Account

Btw Wasnt Sgtmajor A Recruiter For Ptn?

Anyway For Movies Is Better Tehconnection ;)

Now I Am Thinkin About Ptn Like About Strange Dark Place With Untrusted Elite Userbase ...

Future Requesters, Think Twice What Are You Requesting, And If Its Ptn, Better For You Use Different Email And Password On This Site ..
Rofl !

dunson
06-26-2008, 09:30 PM
the acc was disabled, so I decided to giveawayd account

you gave a disabled account away, that was nice of you :D

I believe he meant that when he invited someone to HDBits, the HDBits account was disabled, so he didn't trust the staff and gave away his PTN account.

p.s. It is my understanding that there were some problems with unsavory staffmembers, but I feel that DeadCell is good people and that those problems no longer exist.

Enlightened
06-26-2008, 09:44 PM
ptn is problematic site - it was only experiencing down time since 2 days ago. how can u just ignorantly make a judgment like that?

most of the time is not work or not respond - how often have you been around ptn? ptn has only been down for me twice since i joined 10 weeks ago. hell ... that is "most of the time?" :rolleyes: im there ALL the time in irc and the forums and the site functions perfectly.

rules are changing there twice a day - the most recent rule change was against public gold giveaways, and there has been no change since.

staff come and go all the time and make new policy - tell me the last time you seen a major staff change, that was 10 weeks ago. the latest change was the auction and it generated positive receptions on the site, i don t care what you think but that "new" policy is great.

for how long this mess will take? - there is no mess,

and i got a question for you. why the hell did you make a thread here publicly on FST? you got a problem with PTN, talk to the staff on the site or in the irc, don't come to FST and use a different alias...are you too afraid to speak out with your ptn account?

Wow !!....For a moment, I thought this guy was working for or a staff at PTN.....
Gezzzz....Calm down, He was just voicing his Xperience with PTN, which I think is totally Legitimate. Wonder where U get off telling ppl what to Post or NOT to PPost in FST?? :angry::dabs::noes:
The last time I checked , I don't recall U being the MODERATOR oF FST!!

Actually, I usually get pretty well treated @ PTN IRc, and their staff seems friendly enough

respawn40
06-26-2008, 10:02 PM
ptn Is Problematic Site - it Was Only Experiencing Down Time Since 2 Days Ago. How Can U Just Ignorantly Make A Judgment Like That?

Most Of The Time Is Not Work Or Not Respond - how Often Have You Been Around Ptn? Ptn Has Only Been Down For Me Twice Since I Joined 10 Weeks Ago. Hell ... That Is "most Of The Time?" :rolleyes: Im There All The Time In Irc And The Forums And The Site Functions Perfectly.

Rules Are Changing There Twice A Day - the Most Recent Rule Change Was Against Public Gold Giveaways, And There Has Been No Change Since.

Staff Come And Go All The Time And Make New Policy - tell Me The Last Time You Seen A Major Staff Change, That Was 10 Weeks Ago. The Latest Change Was The Auction And It Generated Positive Receptions On The Site, I Don T Care What You Think But That "new" Policy Is Great.

For How Long This Mess Will Take? - there Is No Mess,

and I Got A Question For You. Why The Hell Did You Make A Thread Here Publicly On Fst? You Got A Problem With Ptn, Talk To The Staff On The Site Or In The Irc, Don't Come To Fst And Use A Different Alias...are You Too Afraid To Speak Out With Your Ptn Account?

Wow !!....for A Moment, I Thought This Guy Was Working For Or A Staff At Ptn.....
Gezzzz....calm Down, He Was Just Voicing His Xperience With Ptn, Which I Think Is Totally Legitimate. Wonder Where U Get Off Telling Ppl What To Post Or Not To Ppost In Fst?? :angry::dabs::noes:
The Last Time I Checked , I Don't Recall U Being The Moderator Of Fst!!

Actually, I Usually Get Pretty Well Treated @ Ptn Irc, And Their Staff Seems Friendly Enough

+1

phrenzy
06-26-2008, 10:10 PM

I don't think i could have said it better myself...Overseeding and preseeding is killing many users ratios who try to be good users and seed 1:1...

bilkenter
06-26-2008, 10:44 PM
this is why. i would love to give it to someone who needs it...that is extra upload but is the problem about me?, i think we shall have a part in which, people with low ratios are displayed, or get rid of the ratio system after all, well for the first one, people might talk about position people with low ratio will be put and so forth, but the problem, in my opinion is with the tracker, why? because you dont know who to give extra upload after all, also you must seed a torrent to a certain point to give upload credits to someone. This is what makes transferring 100 gb upload to someone difficult

edit: i admit i have a lot to learn so do most of us, but if i were too greedy, i wouldnt share my other seedbox with 3 people for free, there are people offering high level trackers 6 or above for 3 4 days of seedbox, if i were too greedy i would take them all dude... anyway no matter what i say will change your opinion about me, so better leave it at that. Also, sergeant, you say that people are remembered with their actions and so forth, i wonder how you will be remembered by your actions... i know you are trying to help mostly, but sometimes rather than deterring people, use better means to do it, no wonder you are a soldier ha :) tough on people

Lastly, i dont think most people on bitmetv, sct, or whatsoever, are so thoughtful of the things that you mentioned...If i am greedy, u havent seen anyone with greed dude...

nthpeter
06-27-2008, 09:46 AM

I don't think i could have said it better myself...Overseeding and preseeding is killing many users ratios who try to be good users and seed 1:1...

And what if someone has a seedbox? He cannot download as much as he upload, or its very hard to do so, so his ratio will be bigger than 1.0. BUT, if noone had seedbox, then you can watch the dl speeds are around 50-100kb/s. I dont think seedboxes are bad on trackers like SCC with freeleech sections, or like PTN with no ratio. Seedbox owners boost the speed, and if you think this is bad, then use TPB and no seedbox based sites.

bilkenter
06-27-2008, 09:48 AM
i am not the only one who doenst agree with sergeant, good to hear :D

invadercat
06-27-2008, 11:04 AM
i think trading is something where admin's and user's interests can conflict with each other.

bilkenter
06-27-2008, 11:08 AM
there would be no admin without any user :) so whose interests shall be superior ? just kidding around, i am not saying anything like, users shall have much more voice in the torrent community

bblogs
06-27-2008, 12:59 PM

I'd be the first one to disagree with an almight opinion from the Sgt, but in this case he is right...the best BT user leeches as much as he seeds.

Buffering with a seedbox is not a problem if you intend to leech it back (preferably in the near future) but I suspect this is not the case in your and a lot of others' situations :ermm:

bilkenter
06-27-2008, 01:18 PM
yeah you are right, it is not case, if we havent had such a thing as ratio, i dont think i would buffer this much in the first place, yeah i will download 1 tb from scc, but in how many months? 2 months probably at most :) but those freeleeches make it so luvly that i download from there usually :D, i admit, i upload more than i download, but if we had a chance to share sincerely with each other our upload without a limit, it would be much more easier to give away your uploads on a certain site. But again, the inequality this will cause may be arguable, since people would probably give it to those who are near to the, if there was a place in which we could learn about who needs those uploads in my opinion this would create a sincere relationship between users at least the sincere ones

jasperr
06-27-2008, 01:46 PM

you ever hear about capping your seed?? instead of letting the torrent continue .. you can tell it to stop at a certain percentage.. like lets say, 200% and it will stop seed at 200%.. so others can have a decent shot some ratio.. ???

has that ever occur to anyone?????? most likely not.. that would curb this "unintentional buffering".....

so, yes there are options here...... you just have to open your minds and ask the right questions!

bilkenter
06-27-2008, 02:01 PM
or let you teach me :) thanks appreciated :D how do it do that on webui? didnt see any options there

Rumblin
07-01-2008, 10:02 PM
well ... PtN ...

I was there on beginning (or still I am?), my first feelings was good, staffers looks like experienced BT members, who knows what are doing, I really enoyed the site and for me was place no1, (you know that, ppl like us needs the community) and I think that I founded mine, I enjoyed iRC and I was an Uploader (Gunner if still is that rank called that)

why I am talking in past tense? Bcs week ago when I joined the site, happen some misterious things and on many places (include FST) was ppl talking about PtN bad things ... staff changes, ppl were banned ... that isnt good, I sayed, and when I gived the invite to HDBits to one of the staff or VIP (called eric I think) the acc was disabled, so I decided to giveawayd account

btw wasnt SgtMajor a recruiter for PtN?

anyway for movies is better TehConnection ;)

Now I am thinkin about PtN like about strange dark place with untrusted elite userbase ...

future requesters, think twice what are you requesting, and If its PtN, better for you use different email and password on this site ..
i'll be the first to admit that ptn has some problems, but they are being mended, i've heard some distasteful things about the site when it first ran up like giving promotions like they were bread but that was with different staff members, the only problem i have with it right now is that its run on a windows 03' server much like RTS and is pretty insecure, anyone will tell you that. But once they backup they are moving to a linux server soon and the downtime is from D'Dosing. They could have fixed it easily and make the site come up pretty easily but they wanted to fix it so it wouldn't happen again hence the abnormal downtime.....not to mention the rumors swirling around about who D'Dosed them. But the staff is navie and friendly to say the least, the IRC is active at all the times....I've already told ppl who origanally deleted their account to come back and check it out, lets hope a positive trend continues for the site and nothing else

also ptn has more movie torrents then TC even tho its open signup and

ptn is a movie tracker with a community

TC isnt.....even tho i find myself there a lot now since ptn has gone down

boobly
07-03-2008, 09:46 PM
is ptn down? I've been trying to access my account for the past couple of days

ahcorac72
07-03-2008, 09:49 PM
is ptn down? I've been trying to access my account for the past couple of days

Yes, from a week.

whiteboy
07-03-2008, 11:56 PM
Deadcell any news of when you'll be back up??

CraigT92
07-04-2008, 03:23 AM
Well I love PTN its a very well ran site the staff and members there are great and there irc and fourms are always active

Funkin'
07-04-2008, 03:47 AM
I also like PTN very much, and have nothing bad to say about the site or staff. I just wish they would get the site back up and running already, I'm missing it.

Nemrod
07-04-2008, 03:59 AM
The past is in the past, there it is where it must to be.
As long as DeadCell is on the site PtN can count on me. He is a very trusted person, besides my friend, and I know that whereas he is there anything that it is not absolutely right will happen, when things were not that way he quitted. Enough for me.

Jaragua
07-04-2008, 08:15 AM
I love PtN and the community is excellent in my opinion.