PDA

View Full Version : pre time bots

chinook_apache
06-26-2008, 09:02 PM
hey all. on some scene sites i notice that underneath the release it will say:
0 hours, 4 minutes, 22 seconds after pre etc.
where does this info come from? is there a site where you can check the pre times?
thanks, i have searched the forums but cant find an answer to this.

integral
06-26-2008, 09:08 PM
hey all. on some scene sites i notice that underneath the release it will say:
0 hours, 4 minutes, 22 seconds after pre etc.
where does this info come from? is there a site where you can check the pre times?
thanks, i have searched the forums but cant find an answer to this.

"Pre", in the most basic terms, is when a release comes into existence. The pre-time is how long it takes a certain torrent tracker to upload the release on their tracker in torrent form. So if a torrent on a given tracker has a pre-time of 4 minutes and 22 seconds, that means the torrent was successfully created and uploaded on the tracker 4 minutes after the release came into existence.

dunson
06-26-2008, 09:22 PM
http://www.johnny-five.com/images/sc2/misc/big5.jpghttp://theliberaloc.com/prevatt/R2D2Returns.gif

nethawk
06-27-2008, 12:09 AM
Here is a open pre channel....
/server irc.austirc.net
/join #pre
/join #pre-chat

irc://irc.austirc.net:6667/pre (irc://irc.austirc.net:6667/pre)
irc://irc.austirc.net:6667/PRE-Chat

You can search for releases on #pre-chat and you can see new releases on #pre.
The command to search is !pre <release> or !dupe <release>. For example, !dupe Matrix will bring up the last 10 releases with Matrix and !pre Matrix will bring up the last release.

jayz707
06-27-2008, 12:50 AM
guys whats the source of the info? how can a pre bot detect a new release? for ex if group CIRA release a movie called RIAA. how would the pre bot know that they have released it?

integral
06-27-2008, 01:13 AM
guys whats the source of the info? how can a pre bot detect a new release? for ex if group CIRA release a movie called RIAA. how would the pre bot know that they have released it?

Trade secret. shhh dont worry!!

jayz707
06-27-2008, 01:19 AM

Trade secret. shhh dont worry!!
oh common! :dry: no problem let me ask my good friend google about this :D

ok now i get it. anyone else who is curious on how this works?

http://www.grandis.nu/glftpd/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=267&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

check that link out.

DanielleD87
06-27-2008, 03:07 AM
drftpd is better
when an affil group releases the material to the site it is pred and the site adds it to the pre db were pre bots pick up that data and echo it to pre chans.

edit: there is a bit more that goes into it then that but putting it in a simplistic way that is what happens.

jayz707
07-05-2008, 06:12 PM
drftpd is better
when an affil group releases the material to the site it is pred and the site adds it to the pre db were pre bots pick up that data and echo it to pre chans.

edit: there is a bit more that goes into it then that but putting it in a simplistic way that is what happens.
danielled87 can you explain this in detail? or provide me with some links, some keywords to google...? like what are some good scripts/pre bots i can use with drftpd, assuming i have access to a pre db....?

CraigT92
07-05-2008, 06:38 PM
Yes pre just means how long it took to upload it after it came into existence

Brandon
07-06-2008, 12:14 AM
drftpd is better

Until a slave goes down ;)

worthlessone
10-13-2009, 05:42 PM
www.trac3.me

BrianH
10-13-2009, 05:46 PM