View Full Version : Best program - Rip a DVD

DATTER
06-26-2008, 10:39 PM
Hey guys :happy:

Tell me, the best program to rip a DVD.

Cheers ;)

wevotedno
06-27-2008, 05:22 AM
Depends what u need. If you need exceptional quality you will have to use several applications, both for sound and video, like Gordian knot.

Appzalien
06-27-2008, 05:39 PM
If you want a copy of the dvd and not an avi file then use a combination of dvd decrypter and dvdshrink, both freeware. They will work on more dvd's if backed up by anydvd running in the background but its not freeware. Shrink will also make a full 8.5gig doublelayer iso for you if you remove all the compression. that way you will get all the menus and extras as well.

JustDOSE
06-27-2008, 07:58 PM
'1Click DVD Copy' is the best, hands down ; ive used it to rip alot of dvd's. When this wouldnt work this will 'DVD X Copy Platinum' hard to find but i got a working link if u need it. Also next is 'DVD Cloner' those are the 3 best on the net

u also need http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvd.html

here is the link:
DVD X Copy Platinum is the first movie backup software that can satisfy even the most critical fan. With DVD X Copy Platinum YOU are in TOTAL CONTROL of your movie backup. Most DVD movies are written on dual layer DVDs ? but recordable DVDs are only single-layer. In order to backup an entire movie, some elements must be compressed to make it fit. But this results in quality that isn?t good enough for the most demanding movie buff. TDF technology makes the perfect backup possible. With 321 Studio?s breakthrough TDF compression technology you can completely customize the compression of each scene. Now you can burn that same movie with crystal clarity in every scene ? and you decide what scenes to compress and what not to. In fact, DVD X Platinum comes with a unique preview feature so you can see how various compression percentages will look before you burn!

DOWNLOAD:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7B5ZOOVQ

magic550
06-29-2008, 01:04 AM
1Click DVD Copy' is the best

panoli
07-02-2008, 01:53 AM
for riping auto gk is the best. and also try Dvd Fab. its also good

Appzalien
07-02-2008, 01:20 PM
Datter, there are two ways to RIP a dvd, one is to rip the large dvd movie to a small avi and the other is to RIP the dvd to another dvd as a backup copy. You never really explained what it was that you wanted to do and never replied back so your going to get a bunch of confusing answers. Thats why I started my post with "If you want a copy of the dvd", if I were to advise you on making an avi it would be different.

DATTER
07-02-2008, 07:57 PM
Hey guys...
Appzalien, i want rip a large dvd movie to a small avi, i dont wanna rip the dvd to another dvd as a backup copy.

And thank you all for the help :)

Cheers guys.

shabrega
07-04-2008, 07:59 PM
i use dvdshrink

optimus78
07-04-2008, 10:52 PM
Depends dvdshrink

♫NiViDiA.XFX♫
07-08-2008, 07:33 PM
dvdshrink

snx
07-09-2008, 05:21 PM
try autogk for converting to avi.. it is the easiest

whitepawn2a6
07-11-2008, 12:25 AM
autogk (one click) = dvd-->avi

for dvd-->dvd i recommend DVD REBUILDER with HC coder or Procoder (both come bundled), two of the top free and high quality dvd encoders. either that or use dvd rebuilder with the cinema craft encoder, the fastest and most expensive encoder for mpeg2. dvdshrink is a transcoder.

Cyril
02-20-2009, 10:26 PM
Can anyone offer advice on easiest software to copy dvd to dvd please. Thanks in advance

peat moss
02-20-2009, 10:43 PM
Can anyone offer advice on easiest software to copy dvd to dvd please. Thanks in advance

Nero if its one I made or DVDshrink and DVD decrypter if trying to burn retail .

http://www.afterdawn.com/

SonsOfLiberty
02-21-2009, 03:45 AM
The easiest is DVDFAB, insert DVD and hit copy. DVDShrink noir DVDDecrypter can cope with the newer encryptions.

http://www.dvdfab.com/

If you just need a "ripper" they have a free version of it, that rips it to the hard drive and then you can use DVDshrink to shrink and burn it...but only if Nero is installed. DVDFab is great, I've burn't countless DVD's with it..

MackDaddy
02-25-2009, 12:32 AM
Nero Recode and Any DVD are good programs, Nero Recode is included with various versions of Nero, make sure to select Advanced Analysis and High Quality mode (Slow Recording, that way it will have higher quality and less pixelisation when there is a lot action on the screen

Also select the output to be a folder on the HD and then after it completes, open Nero StartSmart and select Burn DVD-Video Files

enjoy!

tazz32_rulez
03-06-2009, 05:03 AM
If quality is what you want, AutoGK or GK will spoil it for you.

Use MeGui and staxrip in combination with AviSynth to get a great rip

james223
03-06-2009, 06:08 AM
IMGBURN or Dvd Decrypter.
Then encode with AutoGk if you want Xvid.