PDA

View Full Version : how do i unistalled a software that not listed on the add/remove list ??

dr jones
06-27-2008, 05:44 AM
how do i unistalled a software that not listed on the add/remove list ??
i was testing out limewire,but i found out it wasnt as good as bt,i want to unistalled it but it not found on the add/remove list??
any windows xp expert here who can help me

maverick_andy
06-27-2008, 08:58 AM
use Your Uninstaller 2008 software. which is the BEST unistaller.:) It wil remove ur problems:D

dr jones
06-27-2008, 10:52 AM
it not even listed on you unistaller

steveg
06-27-2008, 11:38 AM
try running your machine in "safe mode" and search for the file and remove.

nisarga
06-27-2008, 11:40 AM
k do 1 thing log on to safe mode and try to uninstall

Tastas
06-27-2008, 11:59 AM
You can should remove it by manual. (Shift+Delete :D)
But then you must delete it from regedit.

IdolEyes787
06-27-2008, 12:59 PM
If it's not listed in add/remove list something is wrong with the program.
If you navigate to programs-limewire uninstall should be listed there.If it is just click on it and it should run.
If not the easiest thing would be to just reinstall the program the uninstaller should be there then.

Then use CCleaner and regedit to clean up anything left over.

100%
06-27-2008, 01:09 PM
i agree with idoleyes

Ali-g
06-27-2008, 01:40 PM
Yeah jst use a Reg Cleaner so u dont f up ur regs nad everything will go fine

fOrUmAs
06-27-2008, 03:46 PM
if u useing your uninstaller 08 go to advanced uninstaller there u could find some programs that are not listed in addremove :)

Acumen
06-30-2008, 10:55 AM
CCleaner (http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/) (Orginally Crap Cleaner) is an inuitive program that removes programs, intelligently deletes unused registry values, and also clean the cache and other unused data of programs like firefox and explorer. Make sure you create a back-up of the registry when it asks you, though.

Although I don't mean to imply that it isn't an effective registry cleaner... I, brash as can be, never back up the registry when it asks me too.. and I haven't ran into a problem.

There's also a portable version floating around the internet, if you can find it.

Appzalien
07-02-2008, 01:33 PM
If you can find its directory in C > Program Files, you can look thru there to see if you can find an uninstall.exe or unwise.exe or anything that starts with un. If you having trouble locating the directory then use the shortcut you would use to open the program to find it. In otherwords right click on its configure ot start shortcut and select Properties and then Find Target and you will end up at the directory.

Some programs are noinstall or portable programs that will not have an uninstaller because they do not get installed. If your version of limewire came as a portable version then all you have to do is delete the folder you made for it or it made for itself when you extracted it from rar or zip or it did it for you from a self extracting exe or rar.