PDA

View Full Version : BItmetv forums - just plain wrong !

Mr.sharer
06-28-2008, 07:50 PM
haha where do i start . yesterday i got an invite to bitmetv and i decided to check the forums . to be honest i have never seen rude staffs like this before in any tracker . the content is great .. hmm they have some old torrents very well seeded , apart from that all the tv shows can be found in torrentleech
i had even plans to donate to this tracker but after seeing mr tequila in action i am never gona donate nor gona use their site

and a note to bitmetv admins (if they happen to read this ) : i feel many people have felt the same way i do about the forums , is that hard to change that crappy attitude and make the users feel more comfortable around the tracker and forums ? who knows , if you change tequila from the staff more people might actually donate to the tracker for the love of the community

/end . thanks for reading

bilkenter
06-28-2008, 08:06 PM
it is mostly everywhere, To quote from a book i dont remember, Power tends to corrupt... so you get the idea, where there is absolute monarchy, there is misery, whether it is the best mod or admin ever.... wont care anymore, luckly me, rapid rocks.....

slimdogp
06-28-2008, 08:07 PM
Well, I don't think they have any trouble meeting costs (any beyond) through donation ;)

Apart from that, I feel the same on the forums sometimes. I tend to only browse them for informative purposes. But it does come down to it being their site and their forums, which means I follow the rules, step lightly, and seed seed seed.

But you are not alone in your feelings.

Nemrod
06-28-2008, 09:19 PM
I must agree this time. BitMeTV forums are as bad as good is the tracker... and as tracker it´s the very best in his kind.

monk3y
06-28-2008, 09:36 PM
it is a known issue that you have to be a real jerk to become staff there.

they have no intention to be nicer to users as your account there is always on probation and can be disabled any time by the mood of the staff.

IdolEyes787
06-28-2008, 09:43 PM
It was the best of sites.It was the worst of sites.

And like the book it tends to end with a lot of beheadings.

Spillage
06-28-2008, 10:14 PM
I think you're being a bit harsh .
You were invited to B****v, but found yourself wanting . You're obviously not a community type . You'e obvously some kind of 1 legged, speckled lezbian type .
Be honest, your milk is sour . Your trousers are blue, with a yellow stripe, just like Custer didn't 'ave .
Still, i'd believe you rather than those strident B****v types , any day of the week .

What he said .

kareemamir
06-28-2008, 10:19 PM
The best thing to do, is say fuck to the forums. I do :D

invite420
06-28-2008, 10:43 PM
Hmmm... I'd make a great MOD

_coder_
06-28-2008, 11:07 PM
Not all the mods are bad at BitMeTV its just a handful of them who abuse their power.

Ali-g
06-28-2008, 11:11 PM
Jst dont try to change others. They are as they are, u cant do anything about it. The only thing u can question urself is.. Do I want to enter BitmeTV... The answer will prob. be yes : )

SgtMajor
06-28-2008, 11:12 PM
Sounds like my kind of forum, banish the idjuts, where do I sign up?

hitman51
06-28-2008, 11:17 PM
Sounds like my kind of forum, banish the idjuts, where do I sign up?

reporting for duty sgt.

VacaN
06-28-2008, 11:25 PM
Just do what I do and don't even bother posting. Some raged mod might get upset if you use the wrong verb tense and ban you. I've been there almost three years and I have zero comments lol

BlueLabel
06-29-2008, 12:33 AM
bmtv staff is just group of kids that feel like gods

SenorBubbz
06-29-2008, 12:44 AM
Not all the mods are bad at BitMeTV its just a handful of them who abuse their power.

Well said and true.

LuckIEE
06-29-2008, 01:11 AM
well i had a problem with the mods attitude i raised the issue here and also raised the issue with an admin. got an appology. wayyyy hayy but i still thik there are tooooooooo many mods in that site. you wont see a lot of users posting there.

hangemhigh
06-29-2008, 01:42 AM
walking on eggshells ain't for me..
traded my bitmetv accounts long ago...
if your for tv instead of status tvtorrents is as good or better.
thank you

jayz707
06-29-2008, 01:55 AM
thanks for the information. i will make sure i will never ever post in the forums! i don't want some stupid mod banning me for some silly reason.

but i should say that i feel that some admins/mods are not complete morons. some people seems to be nice and helpful. but anyways one or two of the idiots ruin the reputation for all of em.

Roark
06-29-2008, 02:20 AM
At least the tracker policies got better when c4 left. Much less arbitrary banning of clients.

There's not much of a community anymore anyway, the irc channel is dead, and the forums are filled with noobs who don't yet know that posting is hazardous to their account.

markupmaster
06-29-2008, 03:35 AM
Tvtorrents has always done the job for me...

uploader23
06-29-2008, 03:46 AM
Well im there for more than 1 year...and i´ve used the forums since then and i got no ban from mods.
I guess im lucky ?
It still is the best tv tracker for me.

soulreaper
06-29-2008, 05:02 AM
Tequilavip is retarded,true story.I feel sorry for his kids,must be hard on them.

I say fuck the forums, grab the torrents!

Ever wondered why they NEVER have Freeleech? Where the fuck would the donations come from then?? Biggest P2L site on the net.

bilkenter
06-29-2008, 06:42 AM
lets bring them down then...who cares about the torrents there? there are lots of files everywhere, and i am pretty sure that just like me you all dont watch what you download, i have downloaed dexter, hercules, friends and so forth, but i havent watched nnone of them... anyway assasination plans are in progress now...

Mr.sharer
06-29-2008, 07:53 AM
Well, I don't think they have any trouble meeting costs (any beyond) through donation ;)

thats is because they sell gb for $ , i dont think they donate because they love the tracker :pinch:

this will only change when the members there realise that the content they want is available in every easy to seed 0 day trackers and they dont have to struggle seeding like they do in bitmetv (yes i have read in the forums, lot of people complaining about how hard is it to seed in bitmetv ) .

i hope they will delete my account due to inactivity because am downloading that old series i wanted from piratebay (which was the only reason i joined bitmetv) . its slow but hey i dont need to worry about getting banned and i dont have to deal with that lame attitude of the staff !

DKre8ive1
06-29-2008, 08:02 AM
@Bilkenter
Are you for freaking for real you cant catogorize all site under one bannner just because you have had a bad experience with one site.

You seriously need to check your attitude towards filesharing and BT in general.

I am sorry if I sound rude but the last few comments of yours don't really make sense and come across as a F*ck them all attitude.

You have to understand BMTV Just like Oink took a risk and decided to just focus on a dedicated category and because of it excelled at it and laid the foundation for other sites to follow and improve upon it.

Yes you can join other sites that have tv rips but will the focus on quality and clarity of labeling be the same if it is then you have bmtv to thank.

BlueLabel
06-29-2008, 09:06 AM
many people donate just because they don't want to get band
I said it before, its commercial tracker, if you won't donate you will be band eventually
bmtv staff know that and thats why they band that easily to make people donate just to keeo their ass in the site

sokrates
06-29-2008, 09:50 AM
oh yeah and because they want people to get in trouble with their ratio to donate they have the 10 commandments ?
right that makes sense..
but i guess you cant help illiterate users..

bilkenter
06-29-2008, 09:57 AM
@Bilkenter
Are you for freaking for real you cant catogorize all site under one bannner just because you have had a bad experience with one site.

You seriously need to check your attitude towards filesharing and BT in general.

I am sorry if I sound rude but the last few comments of yours don't really make sense and come across as a F*ck them all attitude.

You have to understand BMTV Just like Oink took a risk and decided to just focus on a dedicated category and because of it excelled at it and laid the foundation for other sites to follow and improve upon it.

Yes you can join other sites that have tv rips but will the focus on quality and clarity of labeling be the same if it is then you have bmtv to thank.
Lets go line by line
What you said
What i am saying Here it goes...

This is not the first bad experience i got from bittorrent community...It must be third or smt...

I dont think so, if someone thinks that they are the God... then we shall show them who the God is... Mods or Admins... or the users that does the most of the job...(i can write an essay on this argument so dont gimme crap about what Mods or admins are dealing with everyday)

Dont be sorry, you have right to express anything u want... No all i am saying, there are freaking too bad trackers with good content which doesnt have benefit me in any way since i wont be able to watch them all... Bad tracker with a good community in which decisions especially the ones that concern users are taken as a collective decisions are way better than the good trackers with awful narrow-minded people...However, dont take my words as if i am saying f.... them all, all i am saying, there are trackers who doesnt deserve to be put into level 5 or smt just because of content... There are also great tracker to which one can commit himself or herself...

So you mean, you are taking risks for whose sake? As far as i see the comments on the forums of bmtv, it is normal to assume that they dont care about users, users comfort and so forth, so what are you taking risk for? For people or Yourself? but, i get your position, you take risk so you wanna benefit from this risk.... Users are ants who are to be crushed anyway

Yes you can join other sites that have tv rips but will the focus on quality and clarity of labeling be the same if it is then you have bmtv to thank

Lastly, i dont have anything to thank to bmtv at all, all i downloaded from there is naruto shippuden last episode for mysake nothing more, which i could easily get from rapid itself...

bblogs
06-29-2008, 10:10 AM
Bilkenter = Idiot.

Each of his posts alerts more people to the fact. Smile and move on.

bilkenter
06-29-2008, 10:13 AM
this is what people of athens called socrates 2 m8...

Also, the way you reply people seems to show your intelligence

bblogs
06-29-2008, 10:29 AM
/smiling and moving on

DKre8ive1
06-29-2008, 10:31 AM
What can I say that bblogs has not already said.

@bilkenter
why don't you pm oinks admin or any other admin that has faced the drama and please tell them of your suffering by contributing to a site and ask what they think.

Since you think that with out you the whole BT world would collapse.

This is my last comment in this thread since I have nothing else to say that is constructive criticism.

bilkenter
06-29-2008, 10:36 AM
ahhaah you are funny m8, without me, BT world would collapse... i am honoured

smiles and moves on 2...

sokrates
06-29-2008, 10:46 AM
this is what people of athens called socrates 2 m8...

lol you compare yourself to Σωκράτης?

Mr.sharer
06-29-2008, 10:53 AM
Since you think that with out you the whole BT world would collapse.

This is my last comment in this thread since I have nothing else to say that is constructive criticism.

ahhaah you are funny m8, without me, BT world would collapse... i am honoured

smiles and moves on 2...

:dabs:

yes thanks , i dont want this thread to turn into a flame fest . that was not the point of this thread . it was just a request to staff to be more nice a bit more friendly

and bilkenter please start a seperate thread if you think you have something to prove

bilkenter
06-29-2008, 11:05 AM
Σωκράτης, show source dude source, didnt yea learn anything about quoting? here is the quotation page,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socrates

I believe i use the elenchus when necessary, Also the fate he had seems to be similar to one i have right now, being judged by the majority because they are the majority...Whether it is comparison or not depends on how you interpret, i dont think i am in the level with him but, i luv discussions as much as he did, rather than being socrates, i would call myself a student of plato or aristotle for that matter. Damn what i wouldnt give to be on that era damn...Also he has fought his way against narrow minded people... so pretty much the same i guess... but still everyone is unique

lysine
06-29-2008, 11:06 AM
i can write an essay on this argument so dont gimme crap

I'm sure socrates would use the word "crap" in his discourse.

:whistling

Mr.sharer
06-29-2008, 11:14 AM
Σωκράτης, show source dude source, didnt yea learn anything about quoting? here is the quotation page,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SocratesI believe i use the elenchus when necessary, Also the fate he had seems to be similar to one i have right now, being judged by the majority because they are the majority...Whether it is comparison or not depends on how you interpret, i dont think i am in the level with him but, i luv discussions as much as he did, rather than being socrates, i would call myself a student of plato or aristotle for that matter. Damn what i wouldnt give to be on that era damn...Also he has fought his way against narrow minded people... so pretty much the same i guess... but still everyone is unique

http://www.forumspile.com/Thread-Offtopic-Jules.jpg

bilkenter
06-29-2008, 11:19 AM
omg i am a motherfucker now, dont let me in to your house m8s :P ahahah this is freaking awesome !!!
To the crap, i can say smt that is gonna shut you up mr crap, but no more off topic, read the apology of plato five dialogue then decide whether he would say or not, or the xenephone you can read that one to have idea of socrates too, xenephone might be written wrong...

dunson
06-29-2008, 11:41 AM
I'm guessing you didn't read these in English, huh?

bilkenter
06-29-2008, 11:52 AM
i read them all in english...
I can even quote from certain pages right now...Especially from apology part
also why do you try to continue this off topic?
it is not like a competition to choose who knows most about socrates or smt...
i hope no one says anything anymore that is irrelavant to the topic...

dunson
06-29-2008, 12:28 PM
lol you can barely write English and think you understand Plato? Whatever.

I didn't read anything but the first post and the last page. So I won't :spam: further.

bilkenter
06-29-2008, 12:35 PM
lol... you are really smart to judge peoples faculty to comprehend english via the way they speak... dunson really sorry, but gotta tell ya, you seem to lack the ability to understand people. People may behave in a certain way to see what others tell, just like in this case, i endevoured to see whether a smart guy would show up to judge people based on words and actions... it may all be a pretentious strategy... but you definitely lack it...

edit: I also shall add that, I read Kant, Spinoza, Van Enden (Surname may not be correct), i am definitely sure, they have tougher english than the plato itself...

Mr.sharer
06-29-2008, 12:55 PM
hey bilkenter

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-lounge-10/t-all-plato-socrates-shit-here-301558

jayz707
06-29-2008, 01:44 PM
oh yeah and because they want people to get in trouble with their ratio to donate they have the 10 commandments ?
right that makes sense..
but i guess you cant help illiterate users..
yep there are some nice guides on how to improve your ratio. but still its pretty hard to maintain a good ratio in that site.

but noone can deny that they are P2L :shutup: and they are most prolly one of the biggest P2L sites out there.

Acumen
06-29-2008, 02:11 PM
Thanks for letting me know about your experience, Mr.sharer. I'd be interested in specific instances of the staff's firmly judicious (or perhaps unjudicious?) bans.

yakz091
06-29-2008, 02:39 PM
shocked to hear bmtv staff is such a damn shit.

@bikenter

a friendly advice, u dont need to reply or post to every thread, by doing so u are just increasing ur post count.
i see u are just deviating each and every topic in which u are posting, although u are sometimes right, some people dont want to hear from u, just bcoz u are new or u want to post smt about the tracker in discussion, although u dont have much experience with the tracker or u simply post for the reason of posting.

bilkenter
06-29-2008, 03:04 PM
i know i dont need to post in every thread, thanks for the advice, sometimes i may cause an offtopic, but i am not the only one to be accountable for those topics, if they dont provoke me, i wouldnt even bother replying. For the experience part, Just because someone has been here more than i did doesnt make them a better user nor does give him to speak more than i do, i revere their experience, but if they do try to use their experience to humiliate or insult others just like sergeant bla bla did in the tl post, i think my actions are justified by the means they use... As you know, age doesnt matter in the universal science nor race or religion has any effect on science... Because a 14 year child may possess the knowledge superior to those at 20s or 30s...Therefore, i believe experience shoudlnt matter, especially when the issue is about humanity, morality, dignity and so forth...My point is if someone does struggle to kick your ass based on their reputation, experience or being mod or whatever, this isnt a reason i shall shut up, if i am only warned in a manner that you showed, i will keep myself quiet... i will try not to bother anyoneelse from now on m8... This is the personality i really revere not the offensive that you take against someone when they do smt wrong, sometimes words of a wise has more meaning than the actions of unwise...

your comment is really appreciated, if i brought about an offtopic, i am deeply sorry for my wrong actions, thanks again my friend...

Xhester
06-29-2008, 03:05 PM
sorry, delete this

sokrates
06-29-2008, 03:28 PM
i dont need to post some link where sokrates is written the same in greek as i posted it bilkenter.. and if i cant keep my ratio up on a tracker then its not for me.. it is that easy.. but its nice to have a tracker where you have 100 seeders on a 1 year old torrent ;) and if you look for a tracker that is p2l take tl ;)
and whats wrong with the forums at bmtv? that they expect you to read before posting?

bilkenter
06-29-2008, 03:38 PM
actually it would be better for all trackers to make it mandatory for users to read rules or faqs before they can actually sign up or smt, but still it will be up to users. In TLs case, i read rules numerous times, and there is nothing there saying you cant ga or trade it, it is easy to infer trading is forbidden but ga? it must be on the rules if you ask me, on the other hand, on certain trackers it is said that , trading or ga is forbidden under the rules... Also rules are to be seen as constitution isnt it? the rules that may cause you to be banned or warned, it is a shame that Tl didnt have that... For the bitmetv, yeah forums arent that active but i didnt see anyone getting banned from posting there either... Though it must be as you say since there is noone active there, maybe there is but i didnt see any...

SgtMajor
06-29-2008, 03:44 PM
http://www.torrentleech.org/faq.php

What are Invites for and how can i use them ?

Invites are for giving to people you know and trust.Trading Torrentleech invites will get you and any one you invite banned. If you invite a cheat you will get a warning for the first one if it ever happens again you will be banned too. Trading means posting TL invites on any forum giving away for free or asking for something in return in either case TL class's this as trading and your account will be banned The sale of invites to this site is strictly forbidden and results in both the inviter and invitee losing their accounts. If you come across an auction from someone claiming to have permission to sell invitations to this site, it's a lie. Do not believe positive feedback ratings; if you buy an invite, we will know about it and you will lose your account.

CraigT92
06-29-2008, 03:45 PM
I haven’t actually been on the BitMeTv forums much I have just made 1 post in the new members thread I just got in yesterday but I have heard from a few people that the staff there are not very good

mrnobody
06-29-2008, 03:58 PM
I said it before, its commercial tracker, if you won't donate you will be band eventually
bmtv staff know that and thats why they band that easily to make people donate just to keeo their ass in the site

a while ago there was a thread opened by someone who got banned from bitmetv n he had donated ~100 $.

rvt, staff of bitmetv, replied to the thread asking for his info that way he could return the 100 $.

CraigT92
06-29-2008, 04:09 PM
Thats not very fair but at least they returned the cash

Acumen
06-29-2008, 05:55 PM
Trading means posting TL invites on any forum giving away for free or asking for something in return in either case TL class's this as trading and your account will be banned
Yeah, I agree with that.
Do all of the popular torrent sites hold the same credence?

Tokeman
06-29-2008, 06:17 PM
Just stay off the forums then, whats the big deal?
And you can't find everything from bitmetv on torrentleech. New rips, yes, but c'mon, bitmetv has the best selection of hard to find shows.

SgtMajor
06-29-2008, 06:39 PM
Trading means posting TL invites on any forum giving away for free or asking for something in return in either case TL class's this as trading and your account will be banned
Yeah, I agree with that.
Do all of the popular torrent sites hold the same credence?

No.

You have to understand that most torrent sites couldn't care less about a lot of things, but being a member at FST means you are more aware of torrents than the average joe public and what sites are out there, so most sites that are mentioned around here are the more secure trackers there are, hence they are the ones that have a dislike of offering invites publicly, and the double edged sword that that brings is that we all want to join them.

There are some sites that even promote being mentioned everywhere and the only thing that is frowned upon is selling of invites (which is equal to selling of warez and only brings bad publicity), but they actively promote trading of invites and other non secure methods of getting new members in.

weenden
06-29-2008, 08:52 PM
i love the site but i am a little leary to post in the forums

bilkenter
06-29-2008, 08:55 PM
honestly, it is shocking to see all those people here to have fear of getting warned or banned.... :S i wonder i got lucky i didnt get warned at all, though i was using pu forum :D does that make a difference?

monk3y
06-29-2008, 09:00 PM
Shitmetv ? what .

bilkenter
06-29-2008, 09:06 PM
ahahahah damn where the hell are ya guyz coming ? damn u are damn damn damn funny m8 shitmetv ahahah :D

grimms
06-30-2008, 01:57 AM
Tequila is the worse staff member of any tracker ever (imo). Some of the mods there are good guys just don't like stupid members that cause trouble. I would just download what you need and keep quiet.

Funkin'
06-30-2008, 02:36 AM
I've been a member there over a year now, and haven't made one single post in their forums. Before I registered my account my inviter made me aware of the staff.

As long you download and seed, and don't post in their forums, then you shouldn't have a problem.

And I don't believe that shit that they ban you if you don't donate, as was mentioned in this thread. I haven't donated once and I've never been messed with.

Acumen
06-30-2008, 04:26 PM
ahahahah damn where the hell are ya guyz coming ? damn u are damn damn damn funny m8 shitmetv ahahah :D
Do you smoke pot? :huh:

bilkenter
06-30-2008, 04:37 PM
no pe no pe no pe m8

lukee
06-30-2008, 05:48 PM
You were invited to B****v, but found yourself wanting . You're obviously not a community type . You'e obvously some kind of 1 legged, speckled lezbian type .
Be honest, your milk is sour . Your trousers are blue, with a yellow stripe, just like Custer didn't 'ave .
Still, i'd believe you rather than those strident B****v types , any day of the week .

What he said .

dude, nobody here is in it for the community. the only reason anybody wants to join a specific tracker is because of what they offer in browse.php . people might say they want in on the site because of the "wonderful" community but its all pure bs.

respawn40
06-30-2008, 08:01 PM
Are the forums there really that bad O.O?

NVM, ran into this on Google :O

this is what happens when u make a post like this.
I look for everyone with a buffer even similar to yours
and I ban them ALL.
u say u have an account 12 weeks old with 12 invites?
I ban them ALL.
so any that DO get banned that are not you.
You can thank yourself for as it is your fault.
Hell! they have the nic (edit: here he posts a nick similar to the original poster's nick) insatead on bmtv? I ban them as well.

Kyokushin
06-30-2008, 09:36 PM
I've been a member there over a year now, and haven't made one single post in their forums. Before I registered my account my inviter made me aware of the staff.

As long you download and seed, and don't post in their forums, then you shouldn't have a problem.

And I don't believe that shit that they ban you if you don't donate, as was mentioned in this thread. I haven't donated once and I've never been messed with.

+1 ;)

When I just got in the fist thing I did was search the help forum since I was getting the not conectable error. I noticed that most topic starters there had been banned and decided to never post there.
Never had any problems.

Roark
06-30-2008, 10:57 PM

this is what happens when u make a post like this.
and I ban them ALL.
I ban them ALL.
Hell! they have the nic (edit: here he posts a nick similar to the original poster's nick) insatead on bmtv? I ban them as well.

Lol, and that's Ibslice (aka Q), one of the "good" ones.

bilkenter
07-01-2008, 03:32 AM

What he said .

dude, nobody here is in it for the community. the only reason anybody wants to join a specific tracker is because of what they offer in browse.php . people might say they want in on the site because of the "wonderful" community but its all pure bs.

Dude you are definitely my type, at least, you are talking the truth itself :) God Bless You! (not a believer though):cool:

respawn40
07-01-2008, 04:50 AM

Lol, and that's Ibslice (aka Q), one of the "good" ones.

Damn. I don't want to see the bad ones O.O

LuckIEE
07-01-2008, 09:04 AM
all the haters are here in the haters convention lol
i love it. and i hate the forum 2.

sanjana
07-01-2008, 10:21 AM
I believe that if someone in the community makes mistake.. that does not mean that entire staff is bad...

If staff does not control the community using their powers... imagine the situation where trading, flaming, spamming in the forums.Who will going control all this.. Someone has to be tough enough to handle these situations.

Again it all depends on what situation they are in.

bilkenter
07-01-2008, 10:26 AM
but being tough or punishing users for the crime that they didnt intended to do leads them to make the similar mistake more than ever, rather than punishing, Just as spooky did, just warn him or her, warning would carry more weight than the punishment itself

lostdemon
07-01-2008, 10:28 AM
If you don't like the forums there and don't want to risk a ban then don't post at all. Simple as that. If you want community obviously you really won't find it there so stick to the forums of other trackers you belong to and don't get all offended. Now you know and knowing is half the battle.

ZenFountain
07-01-2008, 01:03 PM
The admins @ BitMeTV are fucking idiots. I'm not one for holding a grudge (usually) but they set a lofty benchmark for the tards that usually admin torrent sites. I still remember being banned for politely disputing the bogus information they were spreading about uTorrent. Like others have said don't even bother with their forums, you'll regret even browsing and probably want to poke your eyes out with a rusty nail, it's that pathetic somehow.

yakz091
07-01-2008, 06:29 PM
as i said my friend u are right sometimes and sometimes just off-topic, u appreciated this, only gives the insight how truthful u are. i would give u +1 for this but will keep it reserved, bcoz it would be more valuable sometime later isnt it.

i know i dont need to post in every thread, thanks for the advice, sometimes i may cause an offtopic, but i am not the only one to be accountable for those topics, if they dont provoke me, i wouldnt even bother replying. For the experience part, Just because someone has been here more than i did doesnt make them a better user nor does give him to speak more than i do, i revere their experience, but if they do try to use their experience to humiliate or insult others just like sergeant bla bla did in the tl post, i think my actions are justified by the means they use... As you know, age doesnt matter in the universal science nor race or religion has any effect on science... Because a 14 year child may possess the knowledge superior to those at 20s or 30s...Therefore, i believe experience shoudlnt matter, especially when the issue is about humanity, morality, dignity and so forth...My point is if someone does struggle to kick your ass based on their reputation, experience or being mod or whatever, this isnt a reason i shall shut up, if i am only warned in a manner that you showed, i will keep myself quiet... i will try not to bother anyoneelse from now on m8... This is the personality i really revere not the offensive that you take against someone when they do smt wrong, sometimes words of a wise has more meaning than the actions of unwise...

your comment is really appreciated, if i brought about an offtopic, i am deeply sorry for my wrong actions, thanks again my friend...

bilkenter
07-01-2008, 06:34 PM
How can i act otherwise when a friend makes a gentle request? It is all about communication m8, good words causes good actions... As simple as that... Also wouldnt you say the same words when i requested gently? Dude starting to luv ya :D Actually you are one of the few here who acts in a warm manner :) I will remember you :D

SgtMajor
07-01-2008, 07:01 PM
Whereas you get banned & booted from places, and I and others get invited to them very same places and get invites so we can invite like minded others.

Life is just not fair is it?

You are right, it is how one conducts themselves overall, not just how they think things should be, and that others therefore judge you by your actions and your deeds, not just your words.

You can only be provoked if you open your big mouth in the first place, simple really, you will find I am reactive not proactive, leave well alone and I do the same.

bilkenter
07-01-2008, 07:18 PM
Whereas you get banned & booted from places, and I and others get invited to them very same places and get invites so we can invite like minded others.

Life is just not fair is it?

You are right, it is how one conducts themselves overall, not just how they think things should be, and that others therefore judge you by your actions and your deeds, not just your words.

You can only be provoked if you open your big mouth in the first place, simple really, you will find I am reactive not proactive, leave well alone and I do the same.

First of all, no offense m8, as you are honest with me, i will say what i think straight... You are saying you get invited to the places that i dont get invited... How do you know that i didnt get invited? Also i am not after invites anymore m8, yesterday, a friend of mine was gonna gimme norbits for free , but i didnt care, and i wont care, also i dont like to ingradiate myself with others to get invites at all, as long as someone is honest whether he is trader or not, i will help him or her with all i have but not on the forum to show that i am doing it...I will do it whenever i see it necessary to help someone out. You are right about one thing, people invite others who they deem as apt with their acts, decisions and so forth...I like this guy, and i am gonna help him out so you may help the ones you like... One more thing, if the way to get invites to super hot sites is via ingratiating yourself with admins mods or users who have invites, i would prefer not to have any invites at all, my honour dignity is not for sale sorry... i cant sell my soul to benefit from someone else.. Thought of it is disgusting....

SgtMajor
07-01-2008, 07:33 PM
You treat trackers as a commodity, something you can use to bargain with or trade with now or later, and what they have is just another line in a sort of warez commodity for you, to you there is no difference in RS links or tracker links - they are just another way for you to use as bartering material for your next venture.

And as for licking ass, anyone here is more than welcome to say I attempt to ingratiate myself with any admin or mod, quite the opposite actually, but I doubt anyone will though. I do attempt to abide by their site rules, whereas you think it is just a game to be played between you and whoever it is you want to ride tonight.

And as for selling your soul, way over reactive response, but that doesn't surprise me coming from you, you like to embellish facts with lots of fiction.

Keep going though, I mean you can really tell who is honest on the internet, can't you?

bilkenter
07-01-2008, 08:36 PM
Line to Line...
Come on dude, ok i admit that i see them as a way of downloading seeding, uploading, meeting with some friends on the chat site,Tl chat site rocks btw, anyway I havent traded any tracker up to now, i dont intend to dude, if you see any thread from me saying that hey lets trade this, ok i did mention about it that is trading, but i havent traded at all, also you cant take what people say seriously especially on the internet... You cant say that i am just a trader just because i say so in my signature. Moreover, you cannot also say that just because someone is giving away a lot doesnt mean that he is not a trader... I can give lots of level 3 level 5 to get invites to a higher account which has much more value, anyway whatever i say about the community wont change the way you feel about me, i hope to talk more with you so that you can see who i really am...

Kamon dude, why do you intend to think that you are the only one who respect the laws or rules? I still defend that when someone violated a site rule, they shall be warned instead of punished (if it is not ratio cheating which is definitely done knowingly and other violations that may be like that) I revere their rules, but that doesnt mean that i cant miss one point... For example, in dclub, i got a warning saying that i forgot to seed to 0.7, or deleted the file, yeah i did but they warned me instead of banning... Now here is the current file that is needed to be seeded to 0.7
or 72 hours at least
Size Seeder Leecher Upload Download Ratio
The longest Yard 1974 7.85 3 0 3.76 7.86 0.479

Anyway the point is, i got the message now i am seeding till 0.7 at least even though there is no leecher at all...I think i revere their rules, i just want them to be softer... That way, you do the right thing next time... I know if everybody is allowed to be given a second chance, then they would have lots of problems and so forth spending their time on users and so forth a lot, but still this is the way i believe it should be, but according to your argument, what i believe has no weight over what the trackers should do or not do because the site is theirs...We share the files, but we dont share the site itself, such a irony actually...I think this is why, you are in conflict with yourself sergeant...So i am guessing, i respect their rules but i may miss some points for which i believe i shall not be punished severely...

For the second argument, yeah i may easily get sensitive about issues i admit... But have you seen me denying what i said? Have i joined to the certain tracker that i said i wont? I say what i do, if there is anything that contradicts with what i am saying, pls inform me, i am human after all, i also feel anger, anxiety and other humanistic feelings which may lead me to go astray from the way i embraced...If there is a fiction at what i say, pls tell us, let us know that i am a lier, an ass, a jerk or whatever you wanna call me... If i deserve it, i will keep my mouth shut...

For the honesty part, Yeah you can measure who is honest or not on the internet... Everybody makes mistakes that is for sure, but aside from that, honesty, or trust can even be found on the internet... How? When you share a lot of things, give away the invites that you have(even if it is an high level tracker) for free, share accounts like rapid and so forth... When you perceive that this person is not harmful to me or you for that matter, you start to think, this is it, I found a friend whom i can really trust with what i have. If on the other hand, if someone is always asking you about the seedbox problems that you gave them for their use for free, and being always offline on the ms... It kinda shows that, he is my friend because of what i have...or if you can call him or her a friend... Recently, i gotta know a guy called Alex from Canada who was immigrant, we talked about how immigrants are behaved there and so forth... This is what i call a friend, someone who is concerned about things except torrent trackers or other material things, and to those people, i believe i can trust with what i have since i dont believe they are materialistic at all.

jayz707
07-02-2008, 01:45 AM
oh man.... you can s be a good politician :D

you like to embellish facts with lots of fiction.
thats his art! ;)

slimdogp
07-02-2008, 02:01 AM
http://www.playwithlinn.com/Images/Sams%20funny%20pics/funny%20pics/beat%20dead%20horse.gif

SenorBubbz
07-02-2008, 02:14 AM
http://www.playwithlinn.com/Images/Sams%20funny%20pics/funny%20pics/beat%20dead%20horse.gif
Now that's quality spam.

bilkenter, I suggest you stop posting.

Mr.sharer
07-05-2008, 10:46 AM
they still suck :dabs:

and bump

Something Else
07-05-2008, 11:10 AM
I can give lots of level 3 level 5 to get invites to a higher account which has much more value

You are missing the point. That sentence says it all. :ghey: :mellow:

Quasit
07-05-2008, 11:20 AM
I uploaded 5 GB when I joined (helped seeding) and got banned. I didn't post in the forums. I guess I should've donated...but I never donte.
No big loss really. I'd rather donate to TVT.com than the idiots at Bitmetv.

bilkenter
07-05-2008, 11:22 AM
I can give lots of level 3 level 5 to get invites to a higher account which has much more value

You are missing the point. That sentence says it all. :ghey: :mellow:

All i am saying, just because someone is giving away doesnt make him non trader or good person...

Something Else
07-05-2008, 11:44 AM
I think posting in the bit-tard section at all makes you a cawk.

No wait........ :pinch:

IdolEyes787
07-05-2008, 11:48 AM
Just wondering if Bitmetv is such a terrible place and you get kicked off why are you complaining?

bilkenter
07-05-2008, 11:51 AM
awesome point :Dn i also got banned from certain site that everyone is looking for, but i dont complain at all

edit: i would luv to meet with this mr tequila... He is damn famous

edit 2 : if you dont like staff or forums, then just be a leecher, leech whatever you can and be silent about the site... So that you can leech forever, use other sites for community...

IdolEyes787
07-05-2008, 11:58 AM
I'm thinking of getting banned from iTS ,one of the staff is a self professed cawk.:O

Something Else
07-05-2008, 12:29 PM
You said you liked my cawk.
I even sent pics. :cry:

lostdemon
07-05-2008, 12:33 PM
so benchez what your saying is he was IdolEyesing your one eyed monster

yevgeny
07-05-2008, 09:29 PM
I think the staff are just busy. Its very easy to be hasty when your under pressure but for the most part I think they're ok. It is an awesome tracker.

Acumen
07-06-2008, 03:50 AM
Line to Line...
Come on dude, ok i admit that i see them as a way of downloading seeding, uploading, meeting with some friends on the chat site,Tl chat site rocks btw, anyway I havent traded any tracker up to now, i dont intend to dude, if you see any thread from me saying that hey lets trade this, ok i did mention about it that is trading, but i havent traded at all, also you cant take what people say seriously especially on the internet... You cant say that i am just a trader just because i say so in my signature. Moreover, you cannot also say that just because someone is giving away a lot doesnt mean that he is not a trader... I can give lots of level 3 level 5 to get invites to a higher account which has much more value, anyway whatever i say about the community wont change the way you feel about me, i hope to talk more with you so that you can see who i really am...

Kamon dude, why do you intend to think that you are the only one who respect the laws or rules? I still defend that when someone violated a site rule, they shall be warned instead of punished (if it is not ratio cheating which is definitely done knowingly and other violations that may be like that) I revere their rules, but that doesnt mean that i cant miss one point... For example, in dclub, i got a warning saying that i forgot to seed to 0.7, or deleted the file, yeah i did but they warned me instead of banning... Now here is the current file that is needed to be seeded to 0.7
or 72 hours at least
Size Seeder Leecher Upload Download Ratio
The longest Yard 1974 7.85 3 0 3.76 7.86 0.479

Anyway the point is, i got the message now i am seeding till 0.7 at least even though there is no leecher at all...I think i revere their rules, i just want them to be softer... That way, you do the right thing next time... I know if everybody is allowed to be given a second chance, then they would have lots of problems and so forth spending their time on users and so forth a lot, but still this is the way i believe it should be, but according to your argument, what i believe has no weight over what the trackers should do or not do because the site is theirs...We share the files, but we dont share the site itself, such a irony actually...I think this is why, you are in conflict with yourself sergeant...So i am guessing, i respect their rules but i may miss some points for which i believe i shall not be punished severely...

For the second argument, yeah i may easily get sensitive about issues i admit... But have you seen me denying what i said? Have i joined to the certain tracker that i said i wont? I say what i do, if there is anything that contradicts with what i am saying, pls inform me, i am human after all, i also feel anger, anxiety and other humanistic feelings which may lead me to go astray from the way i embraced...If there is a fiction at what i say, pls tell us, let us know that i am a lier, an ass, a jerk or whatever you wanna call me... If i deserve it, i will keep my mouth shut...

For the honesty part, Yeah you can measure who is honest or not on the internet... Everybody makes mistakes that is for sure, but aside from that, honesty, or trust can even be found on the internet... How? When you share a lot of things, give away the invites that you have(even if it is an high level tracker) for free, share accounts like rapid and so forth... When you perceive that this person is not harmful to me or you for that matter, you start to think, this is it, I found a friend whom i can really trust with what i have. If on the other hand, if someone is always asking you about the seedbox problems that you gave them for their use for free, and being always offline on the ms... It kinda shows that, he is my friend because of what i have...or if you can call him or her a friend... Recently, i gotta know a guy called Alex from Canada who was immigrant, we talked about how immigrants are behaved there and so forth... This is what i call a friend, someone who is concerned about things except torrent trackers or other material things, and to those people, i believe i can trust with what i have since i dont believe they are materialistic at all.
The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

vergo
07-06-2008, 04:29 PM
lol you can barely write English and think you understand Plato? Whatever.
What does someone's proficiency in English have anything to do with Plato, especially considering his work was written in Greek?

deadalive1
07-06-2008, 06:13 PM
Never had BitMeTV so can't comment on forums, but I imagine it isn't as bad as it was initially reported here.

grimms
07-06-2008, 10:06 PM
Best advice is to just download and resist the forums.

bilkenter
07-06-2008, 10:08 PM
it is too funny actually, some people are looking for level 5 tracker for a long time whereas others who got banned from the site gets them back in one day with another invite... It is toooo ironic

djkamikaze
07-14-2008, 06:47 AM
post politely, don't ask questions that are stupid (like "can I Upload XXXX?
when the rules clearly say XXXX is not allowed), don't post ANY sort of spoilers, and don't flame other members or posts, and you'll be fine in the forums @ bmtv. Oh, and making posts/threads like this badmouthing bitmetv on other sites may very well get you banned @ bitmetv, lol. If I talked shit about you, wouldn't you ban me from your site?(if you had one)

soulreaper
07-14-2008, 07:58 AM
post politely, don't ask questions that are stupid (like "can I Upload XXXX?
when the rules clearly say XXXX is not allowed), don't post ANY sort of spoilers, and don't flame other members or posts, and you'll be fine in the forums @ bmtv. Oh, and making posts/threads like this badmouthing bitmetv on other sites may very well get you banned @ bitmetv, lol. If I talked shit about you, wouldn't you ban me from your site?(if you had one)

I agree with most of what you said, but its not about posting the "right/wrong" thing.
It's more about the fear the mods instill in you which makes you not wanna take part in their forums,the fear of getting warned for the smallest mistake. The pure snobbery that goes on there is just too much,feels like a concentration camp at times(ie if you take part in their forums.). Like I said before Q is the only likeable mod there imo.

Lastly,banning is not enough,they want to publicly humiliate you in their forums which is quite pathetic and childish.

Barbarossa
07-14-2008, 02:38 PM
OK, let's keep it civil folks, and stay on topic

Mr.sharer
07-14-2008, 02:40 PM
polarbear :i won't, because there's not a single person in this forum that deserves to be on my ignore list more than you.
soulreaper:Who exactly do you think you are, an FST GOD,the messiah,the pope? Do you expect FSTers to blindly follow whatever you say?
Well guess what, I've got an opinion of my own and many others do and I don't give a flying fuck about being on your ignore list.thats what i was thinking . i just went through his post history . found nothing special , well shitloads of anti trading rant which constitues more than half of his total post count. apart from that you are not special polarbear !

A team of American and Iraqi epidemiologists estimates that 655,000 more people have died in Iraq (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/world/countries/iraq.html?nav=el) since coalition forces arrived in March 2003 than would have died if the invasion had not occurred.http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/10/10/AR2006101001442.html

shit happens everywhere :ermm:

you dont have to overeact . do something useful at age 35 rather than arguing on the internet

there you go barbarossa , edited out the offensive parts ;)

Barbarossa
07-14-2008, 02:45 PM
Good chap :)

jukesta
07-14-2008, 06:44 PM
Best advice is to just download and resist the forums.

i do this.

and don't flame other members or posts

but this is what makes forums a forum

sokrates
07-14-2008, 08:12 PM
if you possess common sense you will never have any problems posting at bmtv.. dont let anybody from here scare you away from their forum ;) recently there was a discussion from someone who tried to get banned with completely ignoring what the mods said multiple times in the pu section. so they arent as many of you describe them. its a shame many guys believe what they read here instead of just trying to make their own experiences..

djkamikaze
07-14-2008, 10:05 PM
if you possess common sense you will never have any problems posting at bmtv.. dont let anybody from here scare you away from their forum ;) recently there was a discussion from someone who tried to get banned with completely ignoring what the mods said multiple times in the pu section. so they arent as many of you describe them. its a shame many guys believe what they read here instead of just trying to make their own experiences..

+1 on that. It takes multiple repeat acts of incredible stupidity to get banned for something you said in their forums. Unless your first post was an attack on the staff or site, of course that'll get you banned at 99% of websites. As for humiliation, that's usually reserved for the worst of the worst, like people who lie to the staff, cheat their ratios, or get caught trading invites/accounts here on FST.

If you want to see what their forums are like, just go to their discussion threads about the actual tv shows, or check out their collection of tutorial threads in the "tutorials" forum. Incredibly helpful, more so than many of the best torrent sites.

If noobs just take a deep breath and read a bit before using the site, they could learn a lot.

Mr.sharer
07-15-2008, 07:15 AM

+1 on that. It takes multiple repeat acts of incredible stupidity to get banned for something you said in their forums. Unless your first post was an attack on the staff or site, of course that'll get you banned at 99% of websites. As for humiliation, that's usually reserved for the worst of the worst, like people who lie to the staff, cheat their ratios, or get caught trading invites/accounts here on FST.

If you want to see what their forums are like, just go to their discussion threads about the actual tv shows, or check out their collection of tutorial threads in the "tutorials" forum. Incredibly helpful, more so than many of the best torrent sites.

If noobs just take a deep breath and read a bit before using the site, they could learn a lot.

to both of you fanboys

compare the forum to other trackers forum , why isnt anyone complaining about other forums :ermm:

sokrates
07-15-2008, 09:53 AM
personally i dont know why anyone would complain about a forum at all.. but thats perhaps bc i am retarded, i dont know.. fyi i am far from being a fanboy. i got my invites removed for some bullshit reason, but what you guys write is just wrong with a few exceptions..

Mr.sharer
07-20-2008, 05:35 AM
. i got my invites removed for some bullshit reason.

they always have some bullshit reason

walkman79
07-20-2008, 07:34 AM
BitmeTV staff and uploaders really do a very good job there if you refer to their website and contents. However, I've heard many complaints from a lot of friends who say that some mods at BitmeTV are very rude and treat the members like garbage.

djkamikaze
07-20-2008, 08:16 AM
that's a load of shit. people who donate aren't exempt from the site rules. Donation for UL cred was put on the site in the early days because the low bandwidth members requested it. If you look at the stats on the homepage, you'll see that less than 90% of the members have ever donated to the site, and they all manage to avoid getting banned.

more people donate to the site (NOT for UL credit) than those who do it for the UL creds. I've found their forums perfectly average... follow the rules, and you're fine. mouth off like a dumbass and you're gone.

I think the big problem is that some people expect that the internet, as a whole, has complete and total freedom of speech. that's so far from the truth it's ridiculous. I compare websites and forums to a person's house.... if you come to my house, you follow my rules, or I toss you out on your ass. If you want freedom of speech, go stand on your soapbox on the streetcorner and rant away, but when you are on someone else's webbsite, follow their rules.

Funkin'
07-20-2008, 10:19 AM
I stay away from their forums, so I've never had a problem there. I've only talked to one staff member there, and she was very helpful and friendly.

walkman79
07-20-2008, 10:21 PM
bmtv staff know that and thats why they band that easily to make people donate just to keeo their ass in the sitethat's a load of shit. people who donate aren't exempt from the site rules. Donation for UL cred was put on the site in the early days because the low bandwidth members requested it. If you look at the stats on the homepage, you'll see that less than 90% of the members have ever donated to the site, and they all manage to avoid getting banned.

more people donate to the site (NOT for UL credit) than those who do it for the UL creds. I've found their forums perfectly average... follow the rules, and you're fine. mouth off like a dumbass and you're gone.

I think the big problem is that some people expect that the internet, as a whole, has complete and total freedom of speech. that's so far from the truth it's ridiculous. I compare websites and forums to a person's house.... if you come to my house, you follow my rules, or I toss you out on your ass. If you want freedom of speech, go stand on your soapbox on the streetcorner and rant away, but when you are on someone else's webbsite, follow their rules.

I partially agree with you. If someone donates to get upload credit, it's usually because they don't have enough bandwidth to keep a fair ratio and they probably don't know anything about seedboxes. Either if someone donates for the upload credit or not, they are contributing to the communty to keep the site alive. How can someone blame people who are supporting their tracker's costs, that's ridiculous IMO. Anyway people who donate aren't exempt from the tracker rules at all :wacko:
On the other hand, if someone invite me to your house and I don't like the way you treat your invitees and me, I would leave your house as soon as posible and will never return to it.
Besides, I think the guy who posted this thread was referring to the way mods treat the members, he wasn't referring to a mod who applied a rule.
If I'm wrong and he was referring to a mod applying a rule, he is totally wrong then, because that's their job and the rules are written. It's a must for everyone to read the rules before using a tracker.

djkamikaze
07-21-2008, 06:58 AM
valid point, walkman79, but what drives torrent site staff nuts is when some idiot gets himself banned, instead of coming to irc help channel and asking why, and then asking for a second chance, they either go out and try to get a new invite and/or come here and start badmouthing the site. If you want to badmouth a site or it's staff or it's content, WTF DO YOU WANT BACK IN?

many other forums don't get any complaints here because those places allow flaming, porn, foul language in their forums, etc, but bmtv does not allow this in their forums, and they police those restrictions heavily because their goal is not to be some 1337, awesome pre-time torrent tracker, their stated goal is to be a family-friendly site, where someone who wants to ask a question about something like "little house on the prairie" or "pokemon" isn't going to get 5 posts calling him a fag.

I like their forums for what they are, a place where you're not going to be attacked by other members for your forum posts. You may get some light teasing, but RARELY do you see any flaming of one member by another.

As for staff's behavior in the forums, what you WILL see are the worst of the idiots being told that they are idiots. You Will sometimes see minor 1 day warnings issued to people who spam, go offtopic, etc. If you want to argue with staff in the forums, they'll spank your ass out of there, or disable your forum posting ability without banning you from the site. If it was my site, I'd do the same thing.

finally, what i get sick of at all torrent sites are members who NEVER post in the forums, and then their first post in 2 years there is to bitch about something. That guy is likely to get hammered worse than someone who has hundreds of previous forum posts, and may have posted the exact same comment. That's they way it is pretty much everywhere in life, if the only time you ever talk to someone is to complain or attack them, they're going to think you're a shithead, and probably treat you accordingly.

[/rant]

invadercat
07-21-2008, 07:45 AM
<simple_rant>they suck</simple_rant>

Polarbear
07-21-2008, 07:55 AM
valid point, walkman79, but what drives torrent site staff nuts is when some idiot gets himself banned, instead of coming to irc help channel and asking why, and then asking for a second chance, they either go out and try to get a new invite and/or come here and start badmouthing the site. If you want to badmouth a site or it's staff or it's content, WTF DO YOU WANT BACK IN?

many other forums don't get any complaints here because those places allow flaming, porn, foul language in their forums, etc, but bmtv does not allow this in their forums, and they police those restrictions heavily because their goal is not to be some 1337, awesome pre-time torrent tracker, their stated goal is to be a family-friendly site, where someone who wants to ask a question about something like "little house on the prairie" or "pokemon" isn't going to get 5 posts calling him a fag.

I like their forums for what they are, a place where you're not going to be attacked by other members for your forum posts. You may get some light teasing, but RARELY do you see any flaming of one member by another.

As for staff's behavior in the forums, what you WILL see are the worst of the idiots being told that they are idiots. You Will sometimes see minor 1 day warnings issued to people who spam, go offtopic, etc. If you want to argue with staff in the forums, they'll spank your ass out of there, or disable your forum posting ability without banning you from the site. If it was my site, I'd do the same thing.

finally, what i get sick of at all torrent sites are members who NEVER post in the forums, and then their first post in 2 years there is to bitch about something. That guy is likely to get hammered worse than someone who has hundreds of previous forum posts, and may have posted the exact same comment. That's they way it is pretty much everywhere in life, if the only time you ever talk to someone is to complain or attack them, they're going to think you're a shithead, and probably treat you accordingly.

[/rant]

good post.

i'm really annoyed by all those people bashing bitmetv in public. they tell us what's wrong about the forum, how the mods suck, how p2l they are etc. if it's about their own accounts and the disguise of anonymity is gone they won't dare to say one bad word anymore.

you are all great when it comes to bashing. strangely enough i haven't seen a single person who said i'm going to delete my account because i dislike bitmetv staff and the way they run the site. if i see somebody doing this i'm going to show him my personal respect.

reality is, people get banned because they can't behave on the site. then they flame and complain a little here. when they're done and got enough "yeah they're the worst", "+1", "my friend was banned for nothin as well" replies, they look for another account.

bblogs
07-21-2008, 07:56 AM
Can anyone produce a/some direct quotes from BTMV forums where a member was banned unfairly...?

invadercat
07-21-2008, 08:01 AM
Can anyone produce a/some direct quotes from BTMV forums where a member was banned unfairly...?

google tequilavip, go through the search results... and you will see IRC logs, forums quotes and more taken directly from BMTV :D

[/rant]

good post.

i'm really annoyed by all those people bashing bitmetv in public. they tell us what's wrong about the forum, how the mods suck, how p2l they are etc. if it's about their own accounts and the disguise of anonymity is gone they won't dare to say one bad word anymore.

you are all great when it comes to bashing. strangely enough i haven't seen a single person who said i'm going to delete my account because i dislike bitmetv staff and the way they run the site. if i see somebody doing this i'm going to show him my personal respect.

reality is, people get banned because they can't behave on the site. then they flame and complain a little here. when they're done and got enough "yeah they're the worst", "+1", "my friend was banned for nothin as well" replies, they look for another account.
do you ever wonder why they bash BMTV so much than the others sites out there...? :huh:

Polarbear
07-21-2008, 10:02 AM
do you ever wonder why they bash BMTV so much than the others sites out there...? :huh:

because everybody knows it's the best tv site.

don't get it? well, nevermind.

soulreaper
07-21-2008, 01:36 PM
Can anyone produce a/some direct quotes from BTMV forums

Here's a few from their most active mod, tequilavip(also called tvip):-

His "about me"- "If you were issued a warning, do not PM me to complain, apologize or explain, unless the warning was issued totally in error. PM'ing for any of these reasons will be considered spam, and result in an extended warning or ban. "

Someone created a thread in the help section and this was tvip's response:- " you can fix this by not spamming the help forum with questions that are easy to answer in the FAQ."

"for the record, most of us HATE it when new members bitch about the site. you've been here 4 days, and already have made total ass out of yourself and the person who invited you. I doubt you'll last here long. "

There was even a poll conducted whose topic was " How do you feel about tequilavip?"

Saradon(forum mod) had this to say in that polls thread- "I really miss the days when tvip would post in under 5 minutes to tell a noob what an idoit they were and then leave the thread in place for everyone else to see. Those were the days when you could tell just from reading the post that a tvip bitch slap was right around the corner."

I have no clue what an "idoit" is.

When someone made a thread merely enquiring about their freeleech policy, tvip's response was:- "People who want things for free are the problem with the world today"

That pretty much sums up tvip and bitmetv.

grimms
07-21-2008, 04:24 PM
I agree bitmetv could sometime be a hate love relationship with the staff and how they can act sometimes. Sometimes they way they are valid other times, not so much. Overall bitmetv is the best tv torrent site on the web like polarbear stated previously.

ar1n4mu
07-21-2008, 06:55 PM
I have been looking for any good post written by tequilavip, but I can't find anything good, just threats and bashing. He probably does a good job banning cheaters but he definitely sucks on the forums.

Taken from the Frorum Rules of BMTV:

Staff understand that not all members have seed-boxes and appreciate every bit of upload that members give to others, however the "definition" of a good member is one that participates and is an active member of the BitMeTV community. It is the members that jump in to try to help a new member asking questions or a member trying to untangle a technical puzzle, the member that participates in the various contests, that posts thank you notes in torrents that he / she downloaded, these are what Staff consider to be "good" members.

Taken from BMTV Forum:

beatmaster
Sure we got the Interweb, the rest of the world has Scotland to thank for the following inventions & discoveries & all we ask in return is our flag be included on website country lists

tequilavip
sorry, scotts are discriminated against here. you smell funny.

Even if it was joke it wasn't funny at all.

Taken from BMTV Forum Rules:

You should assume that there is at least one member of every possible shade, stripe or background of any political affiliation, race, religious denomination / beliefs, gender, sexual orientation, ability or disability you can think of. Any comment, discussion, debate or argument that in any way denigrates (STAFF discretion) any other member in any way, directly or indirectly, may result in a warning or immediate loss of your account.

So, is that the behavior you expect from a staff member?

As I said, I was looking for some advise or help he has given out but I haven't been able to find something good. This is one of his threats but perhaps he consider it an advise :P

chrdw862
In fact,I will change my ISP next month,but my friend told me that if you changed your IP,you would be banned,so I want to be sure of it .If I change my IP and I am banned,why am I downloading/uploading now?
I only download/upload after I know the answer clearly.

BAiT
don't worry chrdw862, we're all sitting here watching you, waiting for you to screw up :whistle:

tequilavip
big brother is watching ;-)

Well, the guy was banned later.

djkamikaze
07-21-2008, 08:42 PM
because they actually police their forums. many of the people bitching are in reality people with a grudge because they got banned for lots of things.

Well, the guy was banned later. acutally, I don't think he was "banned" I think he was disabled for inactivity, all you need to do is click on his username to see that pretty clearly: total downloaded: 3.42 kB (0.02 kB/Day) ;-)

It's easy to smear a site or it's staff when you quote out of context. I just read that scotland forum thread you quoted, ar1n4mu, and the entire thread is good-natured humor and teasing about scotland, IMO. basically it reads like a thread where people are having fun with each other about their home countries. the person who originally opened the thread even posted this pic to tease canadians:
http://removereality.com/images/blog/canadian_navy2.jpg
and several others. I suggest you either get yourself a funny-bone or get off the interwebz, ar1n4mu. I think that thread is a great example of how fun their forums can be!

walkman79
07-21-2008, 09:27 PM
I've just posted on that thread, the guy seems to be fine with the joke. I personally don't like jokes about nationality though

Ghostbusters
07-21-2008, 09:38 PM
where someone who wants to ask a question about something like "little house on the prairie" or "pokemon" isn't going to get 5 posts calling him a fag.

lolololol...

because they actually police their forums. many of the people bitching are in reality people with a grudge because they got banned for lots of things.

[quote]Well, the guy was banned later. acutally, I don't think he was "banned" I think he was disabled for inactivity, all you need to do is click on his username to see that pretty clearly: total downloaded: 3.42 kB (0.02 kB/Day) ;-)

It's easy to smear a site or it's staff when you quote out of context. I just read that scotland forum thread you quoted, ar1n4mu, and the entire thread is good-natured humor and teasing about scotland, IMO. basically it reads like a thread where people are having fun with each other about their home countries. the person who originally opened the thread even posted this pic to tease canadians:
http://removereality.com/images/blog/canadian_navy2.jpg
and several others. I suggest you either get yourself a funny-bone or get off the interwebz, ar1n4mu. I think that thread is a great example of how fun their forums can be!

That's my thread & I posted that pick... :)

ar1n4mu
07-21-2008, 09:40 PM
djkamikaze, I will probably never get off the interwebz. Maybe, I'm not active here, but I am a member of many p2p related forums and I were/am staff on some of them. As a moderator I would never make a joke about nationality or religion because it could offend a member easily. I just don't think that's a mature behavior.

Ghostbusters
07-21-2008, 09:43 PM
djkamikaze, I will probably never get off the interwebz. Maybe, I'm not active here, but I am a member of many p2p related forums and I were/am staff on some of them. As a moderator I would never make a joke about nationality or religion because it could offend a member easily. I just don't think that's a mature behavior.

Well it was my thread and I wasn't offended and neither were any of the members or staff, maybe your hyper-sensitive :)

djkamikaze
07-21-2008, 09:46 PM
who said it was supposed to be mature, lol?
/me throws a fish @ ar1n4mu
/me throws a deep-fried haggis @ "ghostbusters"
/me starts a donation fund to buy ar1n4mu a funny bone transplant operation (remember, organ donation saves lives! support repeal of motorcycle helmet laws!)

Ghostbusters
07-21-2008, 09:48 PM

Screw maturity forums are for fun, I was wearing a half eaten chocolate shell of a monster size Cadbury's cream egg on my head as crash helmet ffs lol :P

ar1n4mu
07-21-2008, 09:49 PM

Well it was my thread and I wasn't offended and neither were any of the members or staff, maybe your hyper-sensitive :)

Lol, yeah mate, I'm sensitive about your love for scotland :).
Btw, why you don't want to be part of United Kingdom?

Ghostbusters
07-21-2008, 09:51 PM

Lol, yeah mate, I'm sensitive about your love for scotland :).
Btw, why you don't want to be part of United Kingdom?

Scotland is a country in the United Kingdom just like England, Ireland & Wales, it's no different apart from being the greatest... :)

djkamikaze
07-21-2008, 09:52 PM
Oh god, please, no... not here too! :-P

Ghostbusters
07-21-2008, 09:53 PM
Oh god, please, no... not here too! :-P

There's no stopping it, I'm on a crusade...

Oh no that was the English :P

djkamikaze
07-21-2008, 09:57 PM
be careful, lots of people from the middle east might be offended by that "crusade" comment. wouldn't want FST forums to get a bad rep, now, would we

SgtMajor
07-21-2008, 10:02 PM
/me throws a deep-fried haggis @ "ghostbusters"
/me starts a donation fund to buy ar1n4mu a funny bone transplant operation (remember, organ donation saves lives! support repeal of motorcycle helmet laws!)

Food fight - I'm in! :lol:

/me catches deep fried haggis - yummy :D

/me throws back deep fried mars bar! :sick:

Ghostbusters
07-21-2008, 10:05 PM
be careful, lots of people from the middle east might be offended by that "crusade" comment. wouldn't want FST forums to get a bad rep, now, would we

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Burqa_Afghanistan_01.jpghttp://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u320/smudger_dragon/150px-Burqa_Afghanistan_01.jpg

"We know what you did last summer"

:) lol

I'm not sure they are actually women what do you think ? Cawk or Not ?

ar1n4mu
07-21-2008, 10:15 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Burqa_Afghanistan_01.jpghttp://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u320/smudger_dragon/150px-Burqa_Afghanistan_01.jpg

"We know what you did last summer"

:) lol

I'm not sure they are actually women what do you think ? Cawk or Not ?

They are Ghostbusters and tequilavip at some freaky party in Canada. :lol:

walkman79
07-21-2008, 10:23 PM
Guys, that thread on BMTV and this one are turning into funny shit :lol:

djkamikaze
07-21-2008, 10:28 PM
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u320/smudger_dragon/150px-Burqa_Afghanistan_01.jpg
muahahaha, I saw that pick and thought "who you gonna call? GHOSTBUSTERS!" and in my head I heard this spooky, scooby-doo sounding ghosts groaning "ooooooOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH............ AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

damn, dude. that was NOT mature at all. No way for former staff of other forums to behave here.

Ghostbusters
07-21-2008, 10:35 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH I'm actually laughing so much it hurts.....

How are you supposed to wipe your ass in that thing :)

Caption competetion anyone ???

ar1n4mu
07-21-2008, 10:38 PM
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u320/smudger_dragon/150px-Burqa_Afghanistan_01.jpg
muahahaha, I saw that pick and thought "who you gonna call? GHOSTBUSTERS!" and in my head I heard this spooky, scooby-doo sounding ghosts groaning "ooooooOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH............ AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

damn, dude. that was NOT mature at all. No way for former staff of other forums to behave here.

Ok, those are djkamikaze and Ghostbusters at some freaky party in Canada.

fixed :lol:

djkamikaze
07-21-2008, 10:42 PM
I don't go to canada. too cold, and too much hockey, EH.

roflmao @ "How are you supposed to wipe your ass in that thing "

SgtMajor
07-21-2008, 10:50 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH I'm actually laughing so much it hurts.....

How are you supposed to wipe your ass in that thing :)

Caption competetion anyone ???

It's not wiping your ass that bothers me, I would take one just for the fapping all day long I can do no matter where I am :P

deadalive1
07-21-2008, 10:52 PM
I don't go to canada. too cold, and too much hockey, EH.

roflmao @ "How are you supposed to wipe your ass in that thing "

Nothing wrong with Canada they gave us Rush and Triumph....err wait they also gave us Celine Dion and Bryan Adams.....n/m. :P

Roark
07-22-2008, 03:33 AM

[/rant]

The attitude of staff there has improved markedly since c4 left, but this excuse that bitmetv faces unique challenges always annoyed me:

Why can't you keep the tracker up Monday nights?
We're the only tracker that has 22,000 members and 100K peers. Well except for ScT, HDBits, TL ... And here's a ban for your trouble.

Why was a person with 3800 posts banned outright for an extra-dirty image in a thread filled with them?
We like keeping our forums clean. Except when our mods are making fun of retarded people in their avatars. But shhh, we'll delete the posts of ex-staff who bring that up, and ban everyone else.

As for bitmetv only banning people who deserve it - well here's Ibslice himself on their policy:

(http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/ing00-141410)ing00 (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/ing00-141410) , this is what happens when u make a post like this.
and I ban them ALL.
I ban them ALL.
Hell! they have the nic ing0000 insatead on bmtv? I ban them as well.
'Nuff said.

respawn40
07-22-2008, 03:43 AM
That last bit about banning only people who deserve it clashes a lot with ibslice's stance LOL.

djkamikaze
07-22-2008, 04:39 AM
honestly, that's one post by ibslice out of thousands, and roark likes to keep bringing it up. In my opinion, ibslice is one of the most forgiving and lenient admins at any torrent site. He gives people the benefit of the doubt more often than not, but when some asshole like ing00 pisses him off, he may say something that he probably didn't mean. But hey, why don't you take it up with ibslice yourself instead of doing it here where he won't see it? He was banned by FST staff for posting bitmetv's invite rules, so he can't even reply himself. You think bitemtv's forums are harsh, lol? follow the rules here, or else! I got in trouble here @ fst for simply warning someone that the person asking them for an invite was a potential ratio ch**ter. Like I said, every site & forum has it's own rules, and if you don't follow them, be prepared for consequences.

anyway, the forums there (bmtv) are way more easygoing than a few disgruntled people want to admit.

soulreaper
07-22-2008, 07:40 AM
anyway, the forums there are way more easygoing than a few disgruntled people want to admit.

Easygoing??!!!:lol: You should make a trip to the BCG forums and see how well behaved and friendly their staff is.
You sound like the guy who would give his life up defending bitmetv no matter how rude and brash their staff such as tequilavip(proved that with ample evidence in my previous post)are. His humour is in bad taste and he seems to get a lot of joy mocking his members.
This isn't rocket science,members here are smart enough to identify their bullshit,give it a rest.:lol:

A word of advice to all the newbies who join bmtv:- Avoid posting in their forums as far as possible,you may however go through the guides and stickies and just stick to the torrent section.

Dr.Horrible
07-22-2008, 08:37 AM
wow, so much flaming about a site. I guess you guys/girls must have done something wrong but just cannot admit it. This is the first thread I have seen since joining (apart from the Say Hi thread). I hope all the threads are not like this :(

sokrates
07-22-2008, 09:03 AM
blablabla..
if you are able to make up your own mind and you are new to bmtv, just browse the forum to get an idea.. if you want to participate dont hesitate, unless you always need to copy some other's opinion..
and if you possess common sense and you are not a fst mod, you will never have any problems.. even if you dont stay away from their forums.

stoi
07-22-2008, 04:30 PM
cheers for the BCG plug Soulreaper.

and thats because i dont like power tripping at all, OK, i have been known to loose it on occasion, more so in the early days than now, but it still happens occasionally.

a rule of thumb on BCG for the staff is, Staff duties should take up 20% and having fun on the site, that can consume anything, but what the site is for, seeding/leeching/ posting etc etc should take up the other 80% of your time. And also, treat members how you would expect to be treated.

I just think being bogged down with to much shit, can get to you and make you snap, even i need a break for a couple of days now and again.

that doesnt mean we dont have strict staff members, Cirno and Pezby spring instantly to mind, but they do it in such a way to not annoy the other members, or make it look like we are prison gaurds.

No staff member is perfect though, we all have bad days and say/do things that we regret, and im the first to come back and appologise if i have acted like a twat when i shouldnt have done.

But im not a member of this tracker, so have never encountered the mods or the admin. I do know Ibslice though and he seems to be decent to me, but its their site, they can run it how they want, from the sounds of it, its not the way i would like BCG run, but each to their own.

rtxs
07-22-2008, 05:37 PM
the bitme staff is very hard

djkamikaze
07-22-2008, 10:05 PM
the bitme staff is very hard
you must have seen them with their pants down. :pinch:

anyway, yes, I'll stick up for them, because I know the truth about most of the people flaming them, and I know most of their staff, one IRL.

_coder_
07-22-2008, 11:17 PM
BitMeTV, you cunts I want my invites back.

punki_rach
07-23-2008, 12:08 AM
I really love bitmetv, but I'm terrified of posting in their forums. I'm terrified of spiders too but I've picked them up before. I've never posted on their forums.

Funkin'
07-23-2008, 04:00 AM
that doesnt mean we dont have strict staff members, Cirno and Pezby spring instantly to mind,

Yeah, Cirno definitley got on my nerves once. The only warning I have ever gotten in my two years at BCG had came from him for an accidental double post. Two posts saying the exact samething. So there was no doubt that it was accidental.

But eh...it's not a huge deal. Just kind of annoyed me for about five minutes. But also again when mod positions came to be offered for specific gaming boards(kind of wanted to be one for the PSP or DS boards) but I couldn't apply since I had been an issued a warning. But, besides that, I've never seen staff there acting in a way that has been posted here in this thread about the bmtv staff.

I'm not scared to post in the bmtv forums, just because I never make it a habit to spam, or ever try to go too off-topic. I just think it would be better for me to play it safe and stay away from them.

deadalive1
07-23-2008, 04:03 AM
BitMeTV, you c***s I want my invites back.
Edited^^
Yeah I'm sure with that well written plea of yours they'll get right on it.

djkamikaze
07-23-2008, 04:40 AM
BitMeTV, you cunts I want my invites back.
sounds like they were right in removing your invites. I hope they remove your account as well.

stoi
07-23-2008, 04:43 AM
that doesnt mean we dont have strict staff members, Cirno and Pezby spring instantly to mind,

Yeah, Cirno definitley got on my nerves once. The only warning I have ever gotten in my two years at BCG had came from him for an accidental double post. Two posts saying the exact samething. So there was no doubt that it was accidental.

But eh...it's not a huge deal. Just kind of annoyed me for about five minutes. But also again when mod positions came to be offered for specific gaming boards(kind of wanted to be one for the PSP or DS boards) but I couldn't apply since I had been an issued a warning. But, besides that, I've never seen staff there acting in a way that has been posted here in this thread about the bmtv staff.

I'm not scared to post in the bmtv forums, just because I never make it a habit to spam, or ever try to go too off-topic. I just think it would be better for me to play it safe and stay away from them.

well not its impossible to double post, unless it really is a bump.

if you post twice in the same thread, one after each other for a period of 3 days, it gets merged with the post before, after 3 days, its another post.

so no warnings for that anymore.

_coder_
07-25-2008, 11:34 PM
bitmetv, you cunts i want my invites back.
sounds like they were right in removing your invites. I hope they remove your account as well.

:o

jukesta
07-25-2008, 11:43 PM
i got a special custom title saying "i'm irresponsable from time to time"

djkamikaze
07-27-2008, 11:41 AM
i got a special custom title saying "i'm irresponsable from time to time"

lol, now they'll have no problem figuring out who you are on the site! since you've traded bitme accounts here in one of your threads back in february, I'd guess they're looking for you:yup:

edit: nevermind, they already know who you are apparently. I guess they caught you with 2 bitmetv accounts, trying to trade one of them away here on FST? I guess they're not as ruthless as some people think, since you got off with a silly title instead of being banned.

Mr.sharer
07-27-2008, 01:57 PM
i heard they have added new staff now since some old staffers steped down , so the new guys any good ? :unsure:

soulreaper
07-27-2008, 02:05 PM
i heard they have added new staff now since some old staffers steped down , so the new guys any good ? :unsure:

Well IMO,only time will tell how they turn out,so far they seem ok.
Kinda disappointed "catfood" stepped down,was a pretty helpful guy with no mental problem.
The problem is that tequilavip sets the tone for the forum,he needs to go imo.

Mr.sharer
07-27-2008, 02:10 PM

Well IMO,only time will tell how they turn out,so far they seem ok.
Kinda disappointed "catfood" stepped down,was a pretty helpful guy with no mental problem.
The problem is that tequilavip sets the tone for the forum,he needs to go imo.

or simply change the attitude , he is spending too much time on the forum . maybe he needs a break :lol:

TopGUN
07-27-2008, 03:27 PM
ScT, Demonoid, What.cd, XWT, HDBits, Bitspyder, bitme.org & gamestorrents torrentfive all rocks