PDA

View Full Version : Nicotine's Revenge...

brotherdoobie
06-30-2008, 02:39 AM
My wife wants me to quit the smokes. I've been trying, like. It's been two days since I've had a puff of poison. The missus has left for work and
I've found a pack of Marlboros that has three withered, stale, and limp imitations of a cigarette left in it.

Ah...cancer has never tasted so well. It's sad, really. However, self denial sucks bawls - and I'm really lazy.

-bd :smoke:

zedex
06-30-2008, 04:53 AM
burry her in the backyard and smoke like a freakin maniac

brotherdoobie
06-30-2008, 07:07 AM
burry her in the backyard and smoke like a freakin maniac

I'm quite fond of the missus and she's a great dancer. Cancer is a harsh, graceless and merciless woman (she's also into atonal Jazz ffs).

I'm almost positive she's French Canadian to boot.

-bd :mellow:

tralalala
06-30-2008, 07:59 AM
Quit it dude.. It's bad for ya, will kill you and all :no: Might as well do something else that's addictive yet a little less fatal (can't think of anything at this point in time, will post back though when have thought of something).

Make love, not war, and don't smoke - It will kill you. :happy:

Skiz
06-30-2008, 07:13 PM
My wife wants me to quit the smokes. I've been trying, like. It's been two days since I've had a puff of poison. The missus has left for work and
I've found a pack of Marlboros that has three withered, stale, and limp imitations of a cigarette left in it.

Ah...cancer has never tasted so well. It's sad, really. However, self denial sucks bawls - and I'm really lazy.

Weakling.

Once you've quit, it truly is the best feeling. Loads of energy, your lungs begin to feel clean, and you are able breath deeper than ever before.

I quit about 4 years ago after an 11 year smokefest and there is absolutely no chance I would ever go back. It took me a good 6-8 months though before I was really able to say I had officially quit.

Do it. Do it ftw. :01:

brotherdoobie
07-01-2008, 12:19 AM

Weakling.

Once you've quit, it truly is the best feeling. Loads of energy, your lungs begin to feel clean, and you are able breath deeper than ever before.

I quit about 4 years ago after an 11 year smokefest and there is absolutely no chance I would ever go back. It took me a good 6-8 months though before I was really able to say I had officially quit.

Do it. Do it ftw. :01:

I'm weak as water, Skizo. I've quit quite a few times. Each period of self - denial lasted about four months. I felt awesome every time.

Who knows why I started again. I'm a bit self destructive. Maybe that's it.

:idunno:

-bd

Hairbautt
07-01-2008, 12:21 AM
You should really stop BD. If you really love that missus of yours--which you've yet to send me pics, vids and mailings on. :dry:

But the way I hear it is that you really have to do it for yourself. It's a tough process, I'm sure, tho' I'm proud to never have started :happy:

Skiz
07-01-2008, 01:41 AM
Four months isn't enough. I quit a couple times as well, tho' my hump was around three months every time. That's why I said I needed to make eight or so months before I really lost to want to smoke or cheat whilst drinking. After that, it was easy and has been so ever since. Smoke actually disgusts me these days and happy with all the no smoking laws around town. :trader:

Something Else
07-01-2008, 01:52 AM
Reggae haters. :snooty:

brotherdoobie
07-01-2008, 02:13 AM
Reggae haters. :snooty:

I didn't say I wanted to quit the medicinal herb.

-bd :ermm:

Skweeky
07-01-2008, 01:16 PM
Get yourself pregnant. That should help getting rid of the urge :yes:

brotherdoobie
07-01-2008, 02:45 PM
Do you have to get laid...to become preggers?

-bd :whistling

Barbarossa
07-01-2008, 02:49 PM
Not if you have a turkey baster.

Or a picture of mulder's cawk, apparently.

brotherdoobie
07-01-2008, 02:58 PM
I'm feeling bloated and irritable. Damn you and your turkey baster, Mulder!

:fist:

Call me...

-bd

markupmaster
07-01-2008, 04:28 PM
Believe in yourself!

:P

tralalala
07-01-2008, 08:34 PM
It's ok, I'm the father. Hoi, BD, calm down and have yourself an ice cold beer.. :) I'll take care of the pregnant stomach.

Skiz
07-01-2008, 09:04 PM
"Take care of it"? :O

:nono:

tralalala
07-01-2008, 09:07 PM
:blink:

chalice
07-01-2008, 09:17 PM
It's the bastard offspring of a pic of Mulder's cawk, administered with a turkey baster, gestating in the belly of a wopped out alcoholic.

It needs taken care of.

Somebody kick BD down a steep flight of stairs quick.

:fear:

Hairbautt
07-01-2008, 10:45 PM
I'll be there in 5.

brotherdoobie
07-01-2008, 10:55 PM
Piss off Chalice. I'm keeping the baby. I'm giving up the Bushmills and I'm only drinking beer. I'm going to be the best mother ever.

Btw, I'm not an alcoholic ffs. I'm a drunk.

-bd :snooty:

Squeamous
07-01-2008, 11:25 PM

I tend to think telling people to do stuff and expecting them to comply is futile and egotistical. Do what you want.....tell her I said it was ok :yup:.

brotherdoobie
07-02-2008, 12:20 AM

I tend to think telling people to do stuff and expecting them to comply is futile and egotistical. Do what you want.....tell her I said it was ok :yup:.

It never works. Squeamous ftw!

Squeamous
07-02-2008, 07:22 AM
My OH was a smoker when we met. I know it's wrong, but I liked the way he swaggered around at work hauling barrels and looking rough with a fag dangling from between his lips. And the way he'd play pool with it in the corner of his mouth so the smoke stung one eye and he had to squint down the pool cue with the other :wub:.

He gave it up a few years ago shortly before moving in with me. He had tried before but this time he said he just 'knew' it was for good, and he never looked back. He reckons he still craves a fag. My dad's an ex-smoker of a couple of decades and he says he does too. They make do with cigars on special occasions because it's 'allowed' ;).

You just have to do these things in your own time, if at all. I read a quote recently that said 'women marry men hoping they will change, men marry women hoping they won't' :lol:

Barbarossa
07-02-2008, 08:55 AM
'women marry men hoping they will change, men marry women hoping they won't'

True that :sage:

DKre8ive1
07-02-2008, 09:57 AM
Get on the those nicotine patches and wain yourself off slowly but surely.

http://familydoctor.org/online/famdocen/home/common/addictions/tobacco/191.html