PDA

View Full Version : Partially repairing broken rars with incomplete pars

ShareIt
06-30-2008, 08:50 PM
Is it possible--and how--to partially repair rar files with missing par blocks? I know that WinRar has a feature to "repair damaged archive," but haven't seen the same/similar feature in quickpar. Is there another program that could do this, or is it a hidden feature?

EyeBaller
06-30-2008, 11:39 PM
You want to recover the recovery files?? You can't do that.

I think you need a better usenet server which has better completion.

ShareIt
07-01-2008, 12:17 AM
LOL! No, what I'd like to do is repair whatever I can from the existing par files, but quickpar tells me I need more. Any way to override that (yes I know I will still have some broken rar files)?

As for getting a better service provider; I seldom wait that long but this was a request from a friend so no biggie! :D

EyeBaller
07-01-2008, 01:03 AM
LOL! No, what I'd like to do is repair whatever I can from the existing par files, but quickpar tells me I need more. Any way to override that (yes I know I will still have some broken rar files)?

As for getting a better service provider; I seldom wait that long but this was a request from a friend so no biggie! :D

Oh.. No you can't partially recover a rar set. You need the minimum amount of blocks otherwise you don't have enough data to repair.