PDA

View Full Version : BitRefinery.eu - The Future of Mac Torrents

XS75
07-01-2008, 03:31 PM
From The HomePage of BitRefinery.eu
============================

http://BitRefinery.eu

Hey BR Users

Sadly the raid on Malaysian Servers have left many loved sites offline at the moment, and some never to return. One of these sites is widely known among Mac Users, BrokenStones. After the shut down of the servers many users were shocked to see a notice on the front page.

On 6/27/2008 around 8 AM GMT BrokenStones' server was suspended by the host. The server has been quarantined so BrokenStones will not be returning

Well have no fear, BitRefinery.eu is the community that will take BrokenStones place, and push it to a whole other level! The site now holds over 51,000 users, and have opened the signup limit for 19,000 more! So get in while you can! We have opened the upload ability to ALL USERS! We want to see this place filling up!

It's server is located in Toronto, Canada, right beside TehConnection.eu's server ;-) . With the fantastic laws in Canada which allow you to download never fear. Maybe we are the only sites in the world that will defend your right to download, the owners have said repeatedly, that he will take it to the supreme court, he truly believes in downloading, so BitRefinery.eu will live on!

So start spreading the news and make BitRefinery.eu stronger than ever!
Please also visit us on IRC @ irc.P2P-NET.eu in #BitRefinery .

~ BR STAFF ~

Polarbear
07-01-2008, 03:35 PM
any independent information on this?

dunson
07-01-2008, 03:56 PM
I signed up for shits and giggles.
23 Mac Apps
0 Mac Games

Nice design though.

The site itself has 50K members and is dedicated to software only. So it could fit. All you need is a few decent BS uploaders there to reupload the BS stuff and voila, you've got something.

Kudos to the BR staff for making the effort.

mrnobody
07-01-2008, 04:04 PM
i doubt this will work

markupmaster
07-01-2008, 04:25 PM
Not too sure about this...

I wish them luck though..

:)

respawn40
07-01-2008, 05:49 PM
Meh, I think it's a good idea.

fOrUmAs
07-02-2008, 07:09 AM
Well this will be very good place for mac users since there are not many sites who have mac stuff

lostdemon
07-02-2008, 07:32 AM
If enough people spread the word about this and BS uploaders become members and start upping then it will become a good mac site but if people just automatically think it has no shot and don't spread the word then then it'll remain as is.

bblogs
07-02-2008, 07:48 AM
...if people just automatically think it has no shot and don't spread the word then then it'll remain as is.

Unfortunately countless new trackers springing up cause people to assume that they 'have no shot'...I hope BR staff do a good job or it'll only add to the problem.

dunson
07-02-2008, 11:19 AM
There is an actual dedicated tracker in the works being made by former members, which will probably be much more appropriate for former BS users. Be patient and I'm sure it'll come around, there is no need to rush the project.