PDA

View Full Version : Listen To My Song Or Do Something Else...

brotherdoobie
07-01-2008, 08:20 PM
I just finished mastering a song that Glen and I collaborated on. I played the keyboards (I'm learning) and co-wrote the music and lyrics.

Check it out:

Edit: Jeff and Ryan should also be given credit...even if they're still being pricks.

Peace, Paul :happy:

tesco
07-01-2008, 09:39 PM
Apart from that 1980s style distorted guitar sound at the beginning it's pretty good :happy:

chalice
07-01-2008, 09:49 PM
Honesty...

I don't know if I like it or not.

I think the intro's too long. I reckon the lead is showing off a tad excessive. The vocals are good but I'm sure, Paul, that you could tweak those lyrics somewhat into something a bit more subtle.

Your keyboards are damn fine,especially if you're only learning. Wee bit too Floydish imho but a great effort.

It is by no means finished, right?

I'll listen to it a few more times, like. Maybes it's cos I'm not stoned. My head is mono when I'm not wopped out.

brotherdoobie
07-01-2008, 10:34 PM
Honesty...

I don't know if I like it or not.

I think the intro's too long. I reckon the lead is showing off a tad excessive. The vocals are good but I'm sure, Paul, that you could tweak those lyrics somewhat into something a bit more subtle.

Your keyboards are damn fine,especially if you're only learning. Wee bit too Floydish imho but a great effort.

I'll listen to it a few more times, like. Maybes it's cos I'm not stoned. My head is mono when I'm not wopped out.

That's what I like about you, Chalice. You're a straight shooter. I was hoping to hear an honest critique of our music and you delivered. I'm a perfectionist when it comes to my music and the song is nowhere near finished. I'll re-master it countless times (and I'll still never be satisfied).

Glen is one of my dear friends and he is an awesome guitar player, but he's a shredder at heart and it shows in his playing (I'm not a major fan of that style of guitar).

I've been playing with these guys for a few years now. It's not the type of music that I normally play. However, it's been fun trying something new. My main band (The Dead Blue Sky) broke up awhile ago. We sounded like a punkier version of the Flaming Lips. I miss those guys.

Peace, Paul

Squeamous
07-02-2008, 07:39 AM
I don't know much about music, so I can only give my opinion as a layman.

I was expecting it to be cringe-worthily bad, but I thought it was quite good. The lyrics seemed ok to me, I thought they were the best part. The guitar playing at the end and start seems a bit incongruous with the rest, like it's not a part of the song but added on as an afterthought, and the tune was a little bit repetitive. I could hear Pink Floyd in there, and the singing reminded me a bit of Billy Joel and Peter Cetera.

I thought it sounded really good for an (I'm guessing) amateur effort :yup:.

brotherdoobie
07-02-2008, 08:40 AM
I don't know much about music, so I can only give my opinion as a layman.

I was expecting it to be cringe-worthily bad, but I thought it was quite good. The lyrics seemed ok to me, I thought they were the best part. The guitar playing at the end and start seems a bit incongruous with the rest, like it's not a part of the song but added on as an afterthought, and the tune was a little bit repetitive. I could hear Pink Floyd in there, and the singing reminded me a bit of Billy Joel and Peter Cetera.

I thought it sounded really good for an (I'm guessing) amateur effort :yup:.

I wrote this song for two dear friends going through a divorce. Tho it was mostly for Heather (the girl in the song). She's a beautiful person and
has a hard time accepting that she is worthy of love.

Yes, I'm a amateur musician (I don't get paid for my efforts). I've been playing drums and composing since I was 16. So I'm a very experienced
amateur.:lol: I was really nervous about recording myself playing piano. However, I'm happy with the results.

I want to thank you and everyone who took the time to download and listen to my attempt - at helping a friend heal her heart. It may be a bit
of an clumsy effort, but the gesture was sincere.

I've had a bit too much to drink and I'm going to stfu.

Peace, brotherdoobie

Squeamous
07-02-2008, 10:25 AM
Well the fact that you only just started playing keyboard and you made something that good is amazing! I didn't mean to say it was an amateur effort, I meant I just assumed you were an amateur musician :blushing:.

I thought it was a very beautiful song lyrics-wise, but then I am a girl and we're more sensitive :snooty:.

brotherdoobie
07-02-2008, 10:28 AM
Well the fact that you only just started playing keyboard and you made something that good is amazing! I didn't mean to say it was an amateur effort, I meant I just assumed you were an amateur musician :blushing:.

I thought it was a very beautiful song lyrics-wise, but then I am a girl and we're more sensitive :snooty:.

Thank you, dear. :blushing:

-bd

Hairbautt
07-02-2008, 01:51 PM
Christ! How old are you? :dabs: Funtime in the '70s, was it?

Anyways, this song was shit. However, I shall keep it stored in my music library under a three-star rating.

http://img354.imageshack.us/img354/1343/bdsongue3.png

Btw, at 3:43 I started having seizures in my ear.

thewizeard
07-02-2008, 03:45 PM
Honesty...

*1. I don't know if I like it or not.

*2. I think the intro's too long. I reckon the lead is showing off a tad excessive. The vocals are good but I'm sure, Paul, that you could tweak those lyrics somewhat into something a bit more subtle.

I'll listen to it a few more times, like. Maybes it's cos I'm :O *3 not stoned. My head is mono when I'm not wopped out.

* 1. Chalice it's spelt " Dunno," not Don't know ! :P
* 2. I was thinking that too, and at that moment it changed...
The lead guitar was good, I think Rocktron would appreciate that...I had a feeling toward the end you had lost sync a little with each other..and then "found" each other? Did you record it in one go..on the fly?

I just played it over my radio and thought; ....I like Pink Floyd,:blink: erm no I thought, with a little "polish" you could upload it to some torrent site and prepare for ..stardom.

*3 Chalice if you have run out, why not consider a visit to the Netherlands for some extra special Amnesia haze..

Conclusion:- Dunno! After downloading I checked the tags, added a link to this thread also some album art :rolleyes: and a link to FST.com..aight..my website too :lol: ..and if you give me permission, along with those two pricks...; I will share it on my file-sharing network.. :yup:

brotherdoobie
07-07-2008, 05:30 AM
Christ! How old are you? :dabs: Funtime in the '70s, was it?

Anyways, this song was shit. However, I shall keep it stored in my music library under a three-star rating.

http://img354.imageshack.us/img354/1343/bdsongue3.png

Btw, at 3:43 I started having seizures in my ear.

Did you know that Rammstein was started by a former member of Right Said Fred (the gayer one).

Piss off.

Hairbautt
07-23-2008, 04:43 PM
Rammstein owns all.

'nuff said.

Hairbautt
07-23-2008, 04:44 PM
With that being said, have you got anymore?

Btw, they're not gay.