PDA

View Full Version : BitmeTV staff... rumors mean nothing!!!

Ali-g
07-03-2008, 09:58 PM
Ok I decided to open this thread tribute to BitmeTV staff...

I mean I had heard all "They're rude" or even "They're cruel" but when I entered their help Irc a couple of days ago, they were so so polite...

They handled a cheater and a trader when I was there so politely...
Of course they werent there all the time (I guess they had a lot of other things to do) but anyway they certainly werent rude. :01:

FACE_TO_FACE
07-03-2008, 09:59 PM
yes yes

Polarbear
07-03-2008, 10:18 PM
i never had any problems with bitmetv staff. most of the people talking bad about them were banned for a good reason.

just wait. i predict that this thread will also end up in a rant how terrible they are.

slander is a relief when you fucked up. go for it .....

Ali-g
07-03-2008, 10:28 PM
No way PolarBear!!! This is not a democracy. Anyone contradicting me shall be banned :P:P:P

slimdogp
07-03-2008, 10:37 PM
The last time I stopped by the support chan, there was 1 person ahead of me. The person was trying to signup, but was ip banned. They didn't seem to torrent savvy or know much about ip bans etc. The staff member was very kind to them. Explained to them that they have their entire isp banned. It turned out this was because of dynamic ip's (which in turn caused rampant cheating). The staff member even offered to make a hole in the ban for the person if they could get their ISP to issue them a static ip.

My support went through just fine as well.

So, props to them.. alot of time they do an excellent job.

SgtMajor
07-03-2008, 10:51 PM

And for free and without reward.

AdεεL
07-03-2008, 11:02 PM
I had few issues. My downloading rights were removed because i manually updated my tracker couple of times. After serving the warning, i explained my issue politely to andy_uk, and my downloading rights were restored.

Recently, andy helped me with my OVH ip. I really like the fella. He is very modest and humble.

Xhester
07-03-2008, 11:42 PM
I never had problems with them. But that because I never post in their forums. I don't want to get banned :P

lysine
07-03-2008, 11:54 PM
I've posted in the forums plenty of times and haven't been banned. then again, I haven't ever asked any questions, nor commented on admin/mod decisions (even if I don't agree with them).

my encounters have been good with staff.

Nemrod
07-04-2008, 12:34 AM
Perhaps the tracker where Iīve had to ask for help or assistance more times.
The problem with BitMeTV is only one: Tequilavip, the others staffers are really helpful.
I canīt say they are nice or funny, because they arenīt, they are serious and strict but respectful and fair, as long users keep a good behavior and be respectful as well.
Of course, when people think that they are stupid, they can be ruthless. Iīd be too.
And, in my personal opinion, the forums are really bad, but not due to prosecutions or continue unreasoned banning (Iīve not seen such thing), are bad because the majority of those that post there are really bad.

invite420
07-04-2008, 12:57 AM
keep quiet, no problems

Funkin'
07-04-2008, 02:37 AM
Well, I actually talked to a staff member at Bitmetv for the first time since I've been there the other day. I pm'd one about someone that I invited. And the mod pm'd me back, was very polite, and even offered me some very helpful advice.

Now, that was just one mod that I talked to. As for the other staff, I don't know how they are personally. I will say though, that the person that invited me to Bitmetv about a year ago, he had his invites yanked because someone that he invited messed up.

He(my inviter) then pm'd one of the admins a couple days ago and asked him if he could have one invite so he could invite his brother. And the admin granted him the invite.

So it is getting a little harder to believe all the rumors around here about the staff are true. Like others have mentioned, I think most bitch about the staff after they got banned for something they did.

CraigT92
07-04-2008, 03:10 AM
Well I have no problem with BitMeTv staff its just what I've heard from people and in other threads I guess they could be really helpful people if you got to know them

Detale
07-04-2008, 03:28 AM
i never had any problems with bitmetv staff. most of the people talking bad about them were banned for a good reason.

just wait. i predict that this thread will also end up in a rant how terrible they are.

slander is a relief when you fucked up. go for it .....

Sorry bro wrong and wrong

Well i won't go so far as to condemn the entire staff but apparently someone I invited a ways back had either cheated or traded their acct and as they hold the inviter accountable I have had all my invite privileges taken away and then when I mention that I am staff here I was put on something called a "permanent warning" ,I've never heard of this before, and I was told I was lucky I wasn't banned for even being a member of "that shithole site". Needless to say I left it at that as not to incite a war :P.

One other instance was a good and old friend of mine here had been banned. I cannot for the life of me remember why but I go on their IRC and speak with someone the admitedly misunderstand what I said thinking that I was the banned member when I clearly said I was there on behalf of the banned member so I get booted out of IRC ( which A year later I still cannot get back into) and I was IP banned and could not get into my acct either. They had later said that my IP was logged in to my friends acct which is complete and utter bull5hit because I don't do such things ever. All was worker out in the end and I do have my acct there with that little exclamation point laughing at me every time I log in from my "permanent warning" but other than that the staff are great :dabs:

Also Im not sure if this is just me but I can't seem to keep messages in my PM box there. Seems like they get deleted all the time, so when I go to find something like this it says I have 0 messages and 0 sent HMMMMM suspect no??

Dr_Green_Thumb
07-04-2008, 03:28 AM
I post on the forums from time to time and have never had any problems with staff. I have seen a few people get their posting right taken away and they always deserved it.

If you use some common sense and you will be fine.

Roark
07-04-2008, 03:31 AM
You're correct, rumors mean nothing. I'll let you watch one of their admins - Ibslice aka Q - in action, without any further comment from me:

ing00 (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/ing00-141410) , this is what happens when u make a post like this.
I look for everyone with a buffer even similar to yours
and I ban them ALL.
u say u have an account 12 weeks old with 12 invites?
I ban them ALL.
so any that DO get banned that are not you.
You can thank yourself for as it is your fault.

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-have-bitmetv-bufferd-post2252116/postcount7

bblogs
07-04-2008, 04:08 AM
Condemning bitmetv staff was yesterday people...let's worship them today :rolleyes:

Nemrod
07-04-2008, 04:13 AM
You're correct, rumors mean nothing. I'll let you watch one of their admins - Ibslice aka Q - in action, without any further comment from me:

ing00 (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/ing00-141410) , this is what happens when u make a post like this.
I look for everyone with a buffer even similar to yours
and I ban them ALL.
u say u have an account 12 weeks old with 12 invites?
I ban them ALL.
so any that DO get banned that are not you.
You can thank yourself for as it is your fault.

I think you should put the link to the whole thread (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invites-90/t-have-bitmetv-bufferd-226615), context is relevant.
I canīt agree with what ibslice stated there, of course, but things are more clear when you can watch the whole picture.

invadercat
07-04-2008, 04:29 AM
lol i can't really believe all of you who posting here worshiping BMT staff... now don't get me wrong im not saying that all of the staff are as 'mentally challenged' as tequilavip :D

but seriously if you think that the staff is ok. please go ahead and speak your mind in there forums. just post about anything that the staff doesn't agree with. and i can assure you that you will get a warnning at the minimum! most prolly you'll be banned.

so yeah if you shut the fuck up in there forums. and just seed/leech stuff from there tracker. you'll most prolly be fine. but still you have the risk of randomly been banned for some random reason because you didn't donate ;)

just think people, BMT don't have freeleech or anything. and it really hard to seed back something you snatch over there. and they only give you 1GB when you get started. staff are very strick. meanning they will ban you for the slightest error! i don't know how you look at this but for me it seems that they want more people to buy GBs. pay to leech. thats what they are about. fuck the community lol, but a seed box or pay to leech WTF....

jam0980tr
07-04-2008, 05:04 AM
Bmtv banned me for a mistaken identity made up by them,when i wasn't that person, Lol I know for a fact NOT 2 use fst nick on trackers and i lost a friend too but 1 thing i learnt from them kids is do not mixes friends with trackers, read my thread about them you will learn much more, i was pissed off at the time and angry but am not gonna do anything bad, i can if i wanna, i can get that site owNed easy with few very intelligent people i know..

I got nuffin else to say..

Eargasm
07-04-2008, 05:12 AM

Well, they do get to reset their ratio at will. That's a pretty good reward. ;)

invadercat
07-04-2008, 05:25 AM

Well, they do get to reset their ratio at will. That's a pretty good reward. ;)
extra donations, invites...

cabang
07-04-2008, 05:44 AM
problem with biteme tv (and other trackers) is that odds of getting invite from a firend is less than winning a lottery. Which leads the seekers to go around and get invite via dirty methods.
You can see about a 24 invite trading forms out there to prove my point.

deuce6000
07-04-2008, 05:46 AM
Why the ass kissing session?

monk3y
07-04-2008, 05:51 AM
ye ye. a bunch of retards.

Swift
07-04-2008, 07:46 AM
I didn`t have any problems with them, Staff was helpfull and didn`t react like retards ;) thanks alot they are great but still they have s**y speeds

Ali-g
07-04-2008, 08:30 AM
Good to see a lot of people share my point of view...
Again this is not a democracy... Anyone who doesnt agree with me shall be banned :lol:

invadercat
07-04-2008, 08:35 AM
Good to see a lot of people share my point of view...
Again this is not a democracy... Anyone who doesnt agree with me shall be banned :lol:
if you was tequilavip and if this was BMT :D

Ali-g
07-04-2008, 09:14 AM
hey invadercat is that ur Ip in ur location? If so Id suggest u remove it from there... Ull go through a lot of trouble this way

invadercat
07-04-2008, 09:45 AM
hey invadercat is that ur Ip in ur location? If so Id suggest u remove it from there... Ull go through a lot of trouble this way
no Ali-g its not my real IP :)

Roark
07-04-2008, 06:19 PM

I think you should put the link to the whole thread (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invites-90/t-have-bitmetv-bufferd-226615), context is relevant.
I canīt agree with what ibslice stated there, of course, but things are more clear when you can watch the whole picture.

... I did link to the thread, you just have to scroll up and down.

soulreaper
07-04-2008, 06:51 PM
Ok I decided to open this thread tribute to BitmeTV staff...

Ali-g, Are you living in some sort of vacuum? Do you not feel uncomfortable,an air of condescension when you visit their forums? The fear of getting warned for making the smallest mistake such as posting for help in their help forums?(Yes even they get warned sometimes,its that ridiculous!).

I'm not even gonna start with Tvip as he's a complete gonejob. When you post in their forums(especially start a new thread) and if they see you're a newbie,the mods treat with you hostility and disrespect and the "uploaders" join in the fun. "Q" is probably the only fair and friendly mod on the whole site.
They donot like any suggestions on ratios,ratio improvement and come down heavily on them, instilling so much fear in the poster that he'll probably never post again(LOL @ VIII commandment,utter nonsense).

Why don't they EVER have freeleech? Ever thought about that? It's the biggest P2L site i've ever come across. Is this what torrenting has come down to? What's the difference between invite sellers and bitmetv,money being the objective for both?

Polarbear, I'm not banned at bitmetv and I can tell you it's the worst torrentsite in terms of staffing and staff's forum behaviour.
I mean you've never even been warned like you claimed before in one of your posts,wtf would you know about getting banned?
Have you ever criticised a torrentsite's staff/torrent site? I guess you're too scared to make a bold statement and get disabled(since you're on almost every torrent site,a known figure?),not that there's anything wrong with that.:rolleyes:

Lastly,I'll just say avoid the forums and stick with the torrents if you care at all about your account.

bilkenter
07-04-2008, 06:56 PM
i havent been warned once when i was there, yeah staff is harsh there... But if they were money-oriented, they would have let you to donate even if you were outsider... I was willing to donate to be invited there at first, but couldnt donate cuz outsiders isnt allowed to donate... If you think about this, they are not money-oriented ... For the traders, for them i dont think the primary object is money, at least not for all of them, peoples needs change, therefore depending on these changes, they are looking for different things, rather than hd movie, they look for music, so they may try to change accounts or give each other invites to satisfy their own needs rather than money. But since almost all forums is against trading, i guess there is nothing much to do but to abide by the rules

Polarbear
07-04-2008, 08:18 PM
wtf would you know about getting banned?
nothing.

Have you ever criticised a torrentsite's staff/torrent site?
yes.

jam0980tr
07-05-2008, 03:38 AM
they have s**y speeds

mate you are wrong with my GIGbit line, i hit about 35 mb/sec mate thats not a lie, speed is good on bitmetv far as i can say!! :lol:

Swift
07-05-2008, 06:15 AM
as far as YOU can say :D

jam0980tr
07-05-2008, 01:56 PM
edited

belgrade
07-05-2008, 02:20 PM
hm, how i get a invite for tracker?

Polarbear
07-05-2008, 02:32 PM
hm, how i get a invite for tracker?

by reading and understanding fst rules.

bilkenter
07-05-2008, 02:38 PM
BTW i read them all, and i am sure i had to be banned from here for a long time ago :) thanks for your patience :D

LiMuBai
08-20-2008, 09:55 PM
-- Edited for info --

Eargasm
08-20-2008, 10:07 PM
When you cut off a moldy part of the cheese there is bound to be some good cheese that goes with it.

kooftspc11
08-20-2008, 10:12 PM
when I mention that I am staff here I was put on something called a "permanent warning" ,I've never heard of this before, and I was told I was lucky I wasn't banned for even being a member of "that shithole site".

it's pretty damn ridiculous that a site would pass judgement on one of their members simply because they are here at FST. isn't it a bit hypocritical?

I'm sure that these rogue/spy members do more than just try and catch traders etc...they may even look into a thread or two while they are here just because they find the content interesting.

There is no validation in "motive" when you log on to this site. everybody here is the same. we are just people posting/lurking in a forum. there is no need to criticize.

WarrenBuffet
08-20-2008, 10:13 PM
They're okay I guess....

integral
08-20-2008, 10:18 PM
That makes the bmtv mods look pretty stupid, as I had those sort of stats in less than a third of the time you've been there, with using a simple seedbox.

Eargasm
08-20-2008, 10:49 PM
A toe infected with gangrene may result in the loss of a foot.

saulin
08-21-2008, 12:48 AM
I lost my account a while back because a person I invited traded his account and another one I vinvited cheated. There was nothing wrong with my account but they deleted the whole tree.

I tried to pick the right people but you can never be too careful so now I really don't trust anyone. Also they trashed FST and said that I should not have invited people from here that 90% of the cheaters they get are from here.

Anyways they basically said. You just fucked up by inviting the wrong people. Tought shit! your account stays disabled. They weren't that nice either!

yevgeny
08-21-2008, 12:50 AM
i find the suspense they keep you in rather amusing/intolerable ie not saying why your banned but just implying, suggesting, alluding. but having said that i have had a good experience in their support chan after hearing about how difficult it would be here.

Eargasm
08-21-2008, 12:51 AM
Sometimes you've got to shave the scalp bald when you've got a bad case of lice.

integral
08-21-2008, 12:54 AM
I lost my account a while back because a person I invited traded his account and another one I vinvited cheated. There was nothing wrong with my account but they deleted the whole tree.

I tried to pick the right people but you can never be too careful so now I really don't trust anyone. Also they trashed FST and said that I should not have invited people from here that 90% of the cheaters they get are from here.

Anyways they basically said. You just fucked up by inviting the wrong people. Tought shit! your account stays disabled. They weren't that nice either!

I wouldn't doubt it. Have you seen the trade section? The worst of the worst lurk there. And although of sub-par intelligence, they're probably smart enough to make a new account and lurk in the invite section.

Besides, it clearly states in the rules.php that if you invite two bad users your account will be disabled. Be wary about who you invite.

Night0wl
08-21-2008, 01:18 AM
Been to their support channel once (not even for my own account), and they seemed nice. The reason I asked for this guy I know is that he sucked at IRC, but they said he needed to come on himself and told me to tell him to install chatzilla because that was very easy to use. Even gave me step by step join info to enter the channel using chatzilla if I remember correctly.

imb123
08-21-2008, 08:32 AM
I've never had any issues, most of the people who do, have it coming for some reason or another.

sth01
08-21-2008, 12:30 PM
i am on their support channel now to get my account back. Been waiting for 2 hours to get voiced.
I probably back and give another try tommorow

LiMuBai
08-21-2008, 03:42 PM
i find the suspense they keep you in rather amusing/intolerable ie not saying why your banned but just implying, suggesting, alluding. but having said that i have had a good experience in their support chan after hearing about how difficult it would be here.

haha.. i hear you about the suspense. i guess that makes people 'fess up more than they would

CraigT92
08-21-2008, 06:29 PM
Well I have not had any problems with Bitmetv staff I contacted them a couple of times and they were polite and helpfull but some people say they are rude and ban you for nothing

Eargasm
08-21-2008, 06:49 PM
Always toss the baby out with the bathwater, just to be safe.

SenorBubbz
08-21-2008, 07:30 PM
webber13 (I think thatīs how you spell his name, canīt check cuz Iīm over at my cousinīs house in Brazil =/) is a great guy. tvip can be hardheaded at times but he never does something unnecessarily and if he makes a mistake, he will gladly correct it.

Overall, BitMeTV staff is pretty nice and polite, never had any problems with them. When my account was hijacked and banned becuase the hijacker was uploading like 2GB a second, all I had to do was talk to them in the help irc, give some proof it was the hijacker and not myself cheating and I got my account back.

Also, if youīre ever stuck waiting in the help channel, say one of the admin/modīs names and even though you are not voiced, their mIRC window will flash anyway becuase you mentioned their name and they will come to you.

Audacity
08-21-2008, 07:59 PM
How can I contact BitmeTV staff?

SenorBubbz
08-21-2008, 08:07 PM
How can I contact BitmeTV staff?

irc.lostirc.org

#bitmetv.help

(I donīt know if the server is right, it might be irc.lost-irc.org, try both)

RedRansom
08-21-2008, 08:10 PM
i only saw some1 said at the shoutbox i have disappointment when the open signup and i know it was him first account at there. and when he said this after 1 min ...he got banned

SenorBubbz
08-21-2008, 08:14 PM
i only saw some1 said at the shoutbox i have disappointment when the open signup and i know it was him first account at there. and when he said this after 1 min ...he got banned

I think Iīm going out of my mind, Iīm almost 100% sure there was no open signup.

Please, someone clarify things for me.

condom-man
08-21-2008, 08:15 PM
noob

deadalive1
08-21-2008, 08:25 PM

I think Iīm going out of my mind, Iīm almost 100% sure there was no open signup.

About two weeks ago they had open signups, not sure if it was for 2 or 3 days, but it was open.

SenorBubbz
08-21-2008, 08:30 PM

About two weeks ago they had open signups, not sure if it was for 2 or 3 days, but it was open.

WOW, really?

Never expected that... ever.

chipsforbrains
09-18-2008, 09:59 PM
I wonder if all the new members at bitmetv will change anything. New people means new content, am I wrong?

Polarbear
09-18-2008, 10:03 PM
I wonder if all the new members at bitmetv will change anything. New people means new content, am I wrong?

in which way would you contribute with uploads that aren't already there?

snakebite
09-19-2008, 12:08 AM
WOW that a first to have an open sign up for Bitetv....but on the topic of this thread they are brilliant with trying to fix up problems...they are not rude they are very helpful.also a great bunch of people to deal with.

soulreaper
09-19-2008, 05:45 AM
they are not rude they are very helpful.also a great bunch of people to deal with.

ROFL, I'm sure they are!! Just don't open a thread here when you get disabled! :lol: