PDA

View Full Version : 7-zip can't extract rared scene movie releases properly!?

sovaz
07-04-2008, 04:38 AM
I have installed 7-zip laterly coz i've read it has best compression ratio. But i discovered i can't extract rared files which are in the format .r00, .r01, .r03. It just doesn't work properly while right clicking and pressing the 'extract here' on rared files of the above format. With winrar I can perform this operation flawlessly. Any workaround will be welcome...thx

Chewie
07-07-2008, 08:56 AM
Forgive me for seeming to state the obvious but using WinRAR would surely be a suitable workaround.

sovaz
07-07-2008, 11:27 AM
Am already using winrar since a long time...I've tried to use 7-zip coz i've heard of its high compression ratio...but thx anyway

snx
07-09-2008, 05:25 PM
i m using 7-zip for a long time now. i dont seem to have any problems with it

mbucari1
07-10-2008, 03:20 AM
try right-clicking on the file with the .rar extension.

lynx
07-10-2008, 08:38 PM
Rar is a proprietary compression format and WinRAR (who own it) have a tendency to sue anyone who write unpacking routines for it except under a restricted license.

While 7-zip is supposed to be able to unpack rar files, it uses the original code so it won't understand the latest features. That means it may not work on rar files created with later versions of WinRAR. Even early versions of WinRAR have that problem.

You have to pay for WinRAR, but unRAR (http://www.rarlab.com/rar_add.htm) is free and you should be able to unpack even the latest rar formats with it.

lopezfd
07-11-2008, 07:22 AM
Click on *****.rar and you should be fine

sovaz
07-13-2008, 09:32 PM
Click on *****.rar and you should be fine

So right, clicking on the last .rar file solve it all :D
Thanks for the helpful suggestion mate