PDA

View Full Version : bumping giveaways

Polarbear
07-04-2008, 08:19 AM
i always learn something new when i browse the popular invite section once in a while.

my latest discovery is people who bump their giveaway threads.

if nobody wants their invites immediately, they bump the giveaway until they find a random stranger who finally takes them.

getting rid of their unused invites seems to be the highest priority - no matter who, no matter what.

of course the dreaded: "no cheaters, no traders" musn't be missing (as if those would care).

why do people feel the need to throw away their invites under all circumstances?

Ali-g
07-04-2008, 08:31 AM
All about being rep'ed

1000possibleclaws
07-04-2008, 08:35 AM
i bump my music tracker giveaway once every couple of weeks to help fresh faces get set up. what does rep matter now anyways, i don't refer to it when inviting people, and i think most people would refer to the threads and posts rather than someone's rep when choosing who to invite

Swift
07-04-2008, 08:37 AM
All about being rep'ed

yes

OTO
07-04-2008, 08:39 AM
All about being rep'ed
:yes:

1000possibleclaws
07-04-2008, 08:40 AM
on a second thought, bumping your giveaway is better than constantly making new ones (KREMBO lol). i don't really notice or care about people bumping their giveaways alot as i'm not in that part of the forums very much..

Swift
07-04-2008, 08:52 AM
making new topic every week with the same old invites it`s like the same thing as bumping the thread

lostdemon
07-04-2008, 08:53 AM
There are so many request, trades and giveaways in the invite section that a persons giveaway can be pushed back by a few pages in one day. I see nothing wrong with people bumping their giveaway because there might be someone who really wanted to join that particular tracker and may have missed it if it weren't brought back to the first page.

aaatoel
07-04-2008, 09:05 AM
All about being rep'ed

Totally agree... :pinch:

invadercat
07-04-2008, 10:38 AM
All about being rep'ed
:yup: this is what its all about. getting some rep.

sokrates
07-04-2008, 10:48 AM
hmm.. its not all about being repd..for some retards perhaps though..
and adding no cheaters, no traders to the bottom of a giveaway is not pointless as some helpful fst members point out that some of the guys asking for an invite are cheaters/traders..
and bumping is better than making new threads..
btw i think a lot of rep points dont help you here that much ;)

invite420
07-04-2008, 11:00 AM
getting rid of their unused invites seems to be the highest priority - no matter who, no matter what.
why do people feel the need to throw away their invites under all circumstances?

I don't want rep ... but nothing better than a good invite tree

bilkenter
07-04-2008, 11:02 AM
so even if he is a trader, not everybody is gonna say hey look i am trader like me, or a cheater... Well, it is 90% about rep, if you are gonna do a favour, you dont have to do it here, but without prooving yourself via give aways, you are not gonna get to the tracker you are looking, so this site and others like this one forces one to do good out of not generousity but mutual benefit...At least most of the users are like that, there is no point in hiding it...Also the messages on the signature like i am not a trader or cheater are just a way to say that, hey look i hate traders because this is the way to go... since most of the people see traders as selfish, self- indulgent people who only look after their own profits... Most of them thinks that trading is awful and so forth. In fact, if it is awful, why do you trade in your real life? or do people luv to have fake ids on the internet to get into trackers?

Such a Joke... be yourself and u will be victorious

IdolEyes787
07-04-2008, 11:04 AM
hmm.. its not all about being repd..for some retards perhaps though..
and adding no cheaters, no traders to the bottom of a giveaway is not pointless as some helpful fst members point out that some of the guys asking for an invite are cheaters/traders..
and bumping is better than making new threads..
btw i think a lot of rep points dont help you here that much ;)

Anyone that has been here for a while probably doesn't even pay attention to it sokrates as they more than likely already know what a person is about.
For the most part rep points only serve to wrongly impress the noobs.

bilkenter
07-04-2008, 11:08 AM
i hope it is as you say idoleyes, but i have seen people who ask you to thank on the forum to impress others so that they can continue their journal in the torrenting...So i belive that most of the people who give aways does it because they need rep and so forth...

robi92
07-04-2008, 11:10 AM
im bumping if its valuable giveaway and nobody wanted it

waki
07-04-2008, 11:19 AM
make an invite system

let's say there's a page with all the available invites, like an excel document
something like this:

Demonoid [15 invites - click here if u need one] [click here if u have one]
******* [5 invites - click here if u need one] [click here if u have one]
asdasdasd [1 invite - click here if u need one] [click here if u have one]
etc...

u have something? just click there, and ur contact info would be added to the list
u need one? u can check the list, and send a PM to someone on the list

SgtMajor
07-04-2008, 11:36 AM
bump

waki
07-04-2008, 11:42 AM
bump
trader :<

stroj
07-04-2008, 01:49 PM
RESPECT! respect for superior people!

markupmaster
07-04-2008, 03:24 PM
As Ali-G said,Most just want the rep.

Mr.sharer
07-04-2008, 03:31 PM
its all about getting raped ?

SgtMajor
07-04-2008, 05:11 PM
bump

BlueLabel
07-04-2008, 05:23 PM
bump
:lol:
are you try to get rid of some invites?

p.s
bump:P

Polarbear
07-04-2008, 05:24 PM
bump

you did that just to get a rep! http://xs129.xs.to/xs129/08275/yu159.gif (http://xs.to)

gangstarr - just to get a rep
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXl-mwkBB6A

mebaali
07-04-2008, 05:28 PM
what is bumping giveaways means?

bilkenter
07-04-2008, 05:30 PM
well it means that you are typing smt to your original thread so as to remind people that your offers or requests are still valid...

for example, if you have 5 bit hdtv invites but couldnt get rid of all, then you say bump to indicate that you still have 4 more invites

BlueLabel
07-04-2008, 05:40 PM

its begging people to take your invites just to add 1 more rep point so you can show off later :P

bilkenter
07-04-2008, 05:42 PM
yeah this is much more precise :P

SgtMajor
07-04-2008, 05:52 PM

Being new here, you don't have access to the invites section yet, so what our members are saying means nothing to you.

In the invites section, there are plenty of members who just giveaway their invites (GA Threads) for whatever reason, mostly it will be nefarious reasons though as it is not in any trackers interests to see their invites just given away on public forums, and mainly to prove to others "what a good guy he is" and then hopefully get something back later no doubt, having gained a rep point along the way (read the rep points sticky when you get access to invites section).

Bumping a thread means posting "bump" or variations thereof (I have seen some clever & some dumb bumps without them being bumps in my time here!), which means to bump a thread to the top of the forum thereby gaining maximum exposure to other members.

Just relax a bit, chill some, and learn the ropes by reading a lot, then you will get to understand what we are about here :)

BlueLabel
07-04-2008, 05:58 PM
you forgot to bump

mebaali
07-04-2008, 06:05 PM
Thanx SgtMajor for the info

I am not an expert p2p user so sorry for the post