PDA

View Full Version : Ok Im usually getting suck speeds now... Any help?

Ali-g
07-04-2008, 09:21 AM
Ok now this is my current situation:
I retrieve internet from a local ISP which has set a place near my home. I got it with cable LAN, and I should get 2 Mb/s speed. I connect through a router (Mikrotik Hotspot) which also uses a password (I dont have access to the router)

And Im now a lot of times getting suck speeds (like 3-4 KB/s) and sometimes I get good speeds (150-200 KB/s). I always try to change something at connection at uTorrent, sometimes make the connection go through port 80. But sometimes it goes well (when changing ports I get better speeds) sometimes I still get suck speeds.

I recently read a thread in a local forum and made my IP static, but still no good results.
Any help?

DKre8ive1
07-04-2008, 09:29 AM
If you are getting terrible upload speeds and can't access the router it might be that your ports are not forwarded. As for the slow download speeds at times I think it might have to do something to do with the traffic shaping that some ISP are implementing.

The Wanderer
07-04-2008, 09:41 AM
I can recommend you 2 links which will help you configuring your client:

http://www.utorrent.com/faq.php

http://www.utorrent.com/guides.php

Ali-g
07-04-2008, 10:50 PM
grr.. I tried almost anything. I dont think my ISP is shaping traffic cuz if it would be so then I would get suck speeds all the time... But sometime I get real speed sometimes (usually) not. I run speedtest and it shows speed far better... Im currently trying to DL a couple of GIGs TV and its driving me crazy...
I really need help on this one

integral
07-04-2008, 11:18 PM
Sounds like traffic shaping and prioritizing to me.

Try downloading something from through FTP or HTTP and see if the speeds change.

Ali-g
07-04-2008, 11:28 PM
I download from HTTP and get diff speeds. Btw I dont ever get a red thing (non connectable) at the NAT/Router. I jst dont get it y sometimes it goes even at max speeds and sometimes it really busts my balls...

PS: Btw integral nice integral

Aliyans
07-05-2008, 01:09 AM
man try ur port forwarded in the router..even if u make it static u need port forwarded to get full up n down speed.. i hope its downloading sucks not uploading..anyway if port forwarded bot should work fine.. if need help go to portforward.com.. n find ur router n client n forward port..

Ali-g
07-05-2008, 08:04 AM
The only problem is I dont have access to the router...
Anyway for ex. this night I let uT open andit had went to 200 kB/s DL/UL... I mean it has maxed out. But at times I really hate that

Mr.sharer
07-05-2008, 10:44 AM
try the help section in bitmetv forums :rolleyes: