PDA

View Full Version : worth it? Torrentleech!

collision
07-06-2008, 02:00 PM
Hello guys,

im chasing around for an torrentleech invite but not possible to get one!? I am curious why is it that hard to find one, is this really worth to search for an invite? I am currently using bitsoup.org but im not satisfied about the quality of releases :/

Thanks

Nemrod
07-06-2008, 02:25 PM
The quality of releases is exactly the same in all trackers, it has nothing to do with the tracker. X release from Y group is exactly the same in BitSoup as in TorrentLeech or Mango.

OTO
07-06-2008, 02:33 PM
Only VIPs have invite on TL.

slimdogp
07-06-2008, 02:40 PM
Only VIPs have invite on TL.

Not True. Many power users have invites as well.

Anyway, yeah TL is worth searching for, it has alot going for it. First it has decent pretimes and gets damn near every scene release. Speeds are usually excellent and it is fairly easy to seed back. Also torrents live for a long time.

Also many p2p movie releases and re-encodes get uploaded there, which is nice if you're into that.

maxitout
07-06-2008, 02:55 PM
Could not agree more with slimdogp. I know that VIP get 2 invites per month for donating. About power users I don't know.
Bascially all the releases hit many of the trackers out there, they might just be a bit faster at TorrentLeech. Has a lot of releases.

jayz707
07-06-2008, 02:57 PM
TL is a good tracker if you can have it. it is a all rounder IMHO.

Ghostbusters
07-06-2008, 02:58 PM
They were also giving them to high ratio powerusers I think around 4 or 5:1 a while back but I've not had a new invite for at least a few weeks now

aaatoel
07-06-2008, 03:14 PM
TL is a great tracker, very easy to keep ratio with great speeds and releases!

hangemhigh
07-06-2008, 03:15 PM
great site, second to sct imho

h1ronakamura
07-06-2008, 03:59 PM
TL is definitely worth it! when u get there u r lucky so GL m8 :D

helpme
07-06-2008, 04:03 PM
TL is great site

dcliffnotes
07-06-2008, 04:06 PM
tl is very well worth chasing for. alot of content. good luck bro

esco123
07-06-2008, 04:43 PM
tl is one of the best trackers overall, but not the hardest to get, so its worth chasing...imo

Ghostbusters
07-06-2008, 04:46 PM
great site, second to sct imho

Yeah ScT rocks & TTi is awesome for DVD-R's

SgtMajor
07-06-2008, 04:47 PM
tl is one of the best trackers overall, but not the hardest to get, so its worth chasing...imo

Agreed, but I would add in everyone's opinion, TL just rocks, their 0day apps section just cannot be beaten, and it is easy to seed back what you take.

Ghostbusters
07-06-2008, 04:48 PM

Agreed, but I would add in everyone's opinion, TL just rocks, their 0day apps section just cannot be beaten, and it is easy to seed back what you take.

Yeah I agree TL is the perfect Private Tracker training ground for anyone getting into the BT scene

h1ronakamura
07-06-2008, 04:54 PM

Agreed, that it is.

but RevTT is way better :P

SgtMajor
07-06-2008, 04:58 PM
RevTT doesn't like you having multiple IPs, their longevity of torrents is not good, their apps section is not brilliant, there are some things better, but overall - no, it isn't better, just different but not better.

collision
07-06-2008, 05:54 PM
TL is definitely worth it! when u get there u r lucky so GL m8 :D

hehe, thx for gl, but seems im not that lucky to get a single invite for more than 1-2 month :/ . I dont know what could i do to get an invite :(

yevgeny
07-06-2008, 08:05 PM
Its not that easy. Ive been searching for certain invites to these elusive trackers for months and then just suddenly this weekend i got into bmtv, scl, tl. i'm trying to be more active around here and plan to do some invite giveaways to various sites when i get some extra cash to make some donations. it takes time but you can probably get most trackers by being friendly and helpful.

collision
07-06-2008, 08:06 PM
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../images/smilies/sad.gif[/IMG]

Be Patient, it will eventually happen.

Really tired deadalive, nothing left for me other than being patient :)

maxitout
07-06-2008, 08:09 PM
Its not that easy. Ive been searching for certain invites to these elusive trackers for months and then just suddenly this weekend i got into bmtv, scl, tl. i'm trying to be more active around here and plan to do some invite giveaways to various sites when i get some extra cash to make some donations. it takes time but you can probably get most trackers by being friendly and helpful.

Yes, I totally agree with that.
Also be sure you have something to offer (in return), you show you are a trustworthy guy all-over, become a really savvy Torrent user, and sooner rather than later the invites will come your way.

I was at a point where I got no invite in weeks though posting, and then I get some offered without having to post again.
Miracles do happen :fst:

collision
07-06-2008, 08:25 PM

Yes, I totally agree with that.
Also be sure you have something to offer (in return), you show you are a trustworthy guy all-over, become a really savvy Torrent user, and sooner rather than later the invites will come your way.

I was at a point where I got no invite in weeks though posting, and then I get some offered without having to post again.
Miracles do happen :fst:

Thanks guys, these posts boost my morale :) I will try to do my best :)

Nemrod
07-06-2008, 08:39 PM
Thanks guys, these posts boost my morale :) I will try to do my best :)

Do it, give us your best, and as soon as you can get into invite section you´ll get it. ;)

saulin
07-06-2008, 08:45 PM
Gone are the days when people would give them away like candy. Now invites are not given weekly anymore. I only had 1 and I gave it away about a month ago and you don't just get new ones. Only VIP and I guess people with very high ratios like someone said?

deadalive1
07-06-2008, 09:31 PM
Gone are the days when people would give them away like candy. Now invites are not given weekly anymore. I only had 1 and I gave it away about a month ago and you don't just get new ones. Only VIP and I guess people with very high ratios like someone said?

Thank the idiots/traders for this reaction, not just on this tracker but on most of the others now too. Can't blame them for limiting invites to people who have to work to get promoted (a lot of them(trackers) now, even won't offer invites by donation). Takes just a few bad people with intentions of deception to screw it for everyone else.

integral
07-06-2008, 11:11 PM
Invites from TL aren't too rare. VIPs get them (and there are a lot of VIPs), so maybe if you hang around here long enough, you'll get one.

And if you don't want to wait, you can contact an admin via their irc channel, and speak with them privately about donating; they allow you to donate to create an account without receiving an invite.

bilkenter
07-06-2008, 11:50 PM
ahaha even if they are vip, their invites may still be removed by making a give away here, rare example: myself

haydeno
07-07-2008, 03:17 AM
I have a 3.2 ratio(4TB up) and my account has 1 invite...

Funkin'
07-07-2008, 03:26 AM
I'm a little paranoid about downloading from there, since so many of its users have gotten letters from their ISP's in the past from downloading releases from TL.

What I do download from TL, are a lot of older shows and games. And not the latest cam uploads, or any other brand new movie uploads.

tehmrserver
07-07-2008, 03:29 AM
I'm a little paranoid about downloading from there, since so many of its users have gotten letters from their ISP's in the past from downloading releases from TL.

What I do download from TL, are a lot of older shows and games. And not the latest cam uploads, or any other brand new movie uploads.

lol use an ip filter

2slick4u
07-07-2008, 03:31 AM
very good site , one of my favorite ones and pre is quick also

whiteboy
07-07-2008, 04:17 PM
The quality of releases is exactly the same in all trackers, it has nothing to do with the tracker. X release from Y group is exactly the same in BitSoup as in TorrentLeech or Mango.
Thats not true at all if hes downloading from bitsoup then theres plenty of home rips on there with crappy quality.

mievmo
07-07-2008, 04:30 PM
One word - YES !!!

kuracat
07-07-2008, 05:49 PM
TL is the best! :D

c0njur
07-07-2008, 05:58 PM
TL was one of my first private trackers and has thoroughly spoiled me. Most private trackers I try now pale in comparison.

Sanka113
07-07-2008, 07:29 PM
Once you get past the wait times, TL is easily one of the best trackers around. If you're looking for scene releases there's no other place that you can pick them up without worrying about your ratio or seedtimes.

Nemrod
07-07-2008, 08:52 PM
Thats not true at all if hes downloading from bitsoup then theres plenty of home rips on there with crappy quality.

I meant Scene releases, that it´s to hard not to find any of them there.

However, answering the question... TorrentLeech, as a tracker, is one of the few that can fulfill all the needs of a regular user, and without worries about ratio or fearing staff. Pre-times, amount and quality in their offer, speeds, variety... they have all.

Definitely one "must have" tracker.

Raban
07-07-2008, 08:56 PM
yep the only annoying thing is the wait times but once you're past those there's no trouble with ratio... the site has so many leechers its unbelievable. with a seedbox you can easily get 10:1 or 20:1 ratio .... no problem.

Ghostbusters
07-07-2008, 09:23 PM
When I joined TL it was open sign-up's that's going back a while now, there was another great 0 Day / General site that opened up around the time of TL & FL that got closed down and the owner busted by the FBI but it's name escapes me now, anyone remember ???

SgtMajor
07-07-2008, 09:41 PM
Elite Torrents?

Ghostbusters
07-07-2008, 09:54 PM
Possibly but it's not ringing any bells with me...

*Edit*

Actually was Elite torrents the one that got closed down for pre-releasing Startwars Episode 3 or something, if it was that one then I'm going back maybe a year or two before that, my memory is pretty hazy atm

PooBar
07-07-2008, 11:14 PM
TL is the Best!! I am PU and i have Invite :-p

kondrae
07-07-2008, 11:32 PM
TL is unique. you have to part of it to understand.

and yes many PU's have invites

SgtMajor
07-08-2008, 12:11 AM

*Edit*

Actually was Elite torrents the one that got closed down for pre-releasing Startwars Episode 3 or something, if it was that one then I'm going back maybe a year or two before that, my memory is pretty hazy atm

May help:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_D-Elite

Operation D-Elite was an operation by agents of the FBI and U.S. Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement against leading members of EliteTorrents, a BitTorrent tracker site, resulting in five months of prison, five months of home arrest, and a $3,000 fine against Grant T. Stanley on October 17, 2006.[1] Another administrator of the site, Scott McCausland, received the same sentence on December 19, 2006.[2]

On May 25, 2005, authorities executed ten search warrants across the United States and seized the EliteTorrents domain. Like previous actions against BitTorrent sites such as LokiTorrent, the authorities obtained server logs of people who had been downloading and uploading through the site's BitTorrent tracker. As of January 15, 2007, there has been no action taken against the vast majority of normal members on LokiTorrent or EliteTorrents.[citation needed]

[edit] Events leading to the takedown

EliteTorrents was singled out among the large number of Bittorrent sites because EliteTorrents released a Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith workprint approximately six hours prior to the movie's theatrical release. This attracted the attention of the MPAA, which monitors BitTorrent sites. The MPAA began collecting information and pressuring the Federal Bureau of Investigation to take some form of action.

In addition to the Star Wars workprint, the owner of the EliteTorrents domain name lived in the United States, which made the site an easier target for US authorities. However, the site's server was located in the Netherlands, and the other BitTorrent trackers located on that server continued to operate.

When the site was first taken down, people who tried to access it were confronted by a notice, apparently created in Microsoft Word, which led the owners to announce that the site had been a victim of a DDoS attack or some other type of hoax. However, in the early hours of May 25, the United States Department of Justice and FBI announced that they had taken down the website.

deadalive1
07-08-2008, 12:14 AM

*Edit*

May help:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_D-Elite

Operation D-Elite was an operation by agents of the FBI and U.S. Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement against leading members of EliteTorrents, a BitTorrent tracker site, resulting in five months of prison, five months of home arrest, and a $3,000 fine against Grant T. Stanley on October 17, 2006.[1] Another administrator of the site, Scott McCausland, received the same sentence on December 19, 2006.[2]

On May 25, 2005, authorities executed ten search warrants across the United States and seized the EliteTorrents domain. Like previous actions against BitTorrent sites such as LokiTorrent, the authorities obtained server logs of people who had been downloading and uploading through the site's BitTorrent tracker. As of January 15, 2007, there has been no action taken against the vast majority of normal members on LokiTorrent or EliteTorrents.[citation needed]

[edit] Events leading to the takedown

EliteTorrents was singled out among the large number of Bittorrent sites because EliteTorrents released a Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith workprint approximately six hours prior to the movie's theatrical release. This attracted the attention of the MPAA, which monitors BitTorrent sites. The MPAA began collecting information and pressuring the Federal Bureau of Investigation to take some form of action.

In addition to the Star Wars workprint, the owner of the EliteTorrents domain name lived in the United States, which made the site an easier target for US authorities. However, the site's server was located in the Netherlands, and the other BitTorrent trackers located on that server continued to operate.

When the site was first taken down, people who tried to access it were confronted by a notice, apparently created in Microsoft Word, which led the owners to announce that the site had been a victim of a DDoS attack or some other type of hoax. However, in the early hours of May 25, the United States Department of Justice and FBI announced that they had taken down the website.
I remember this now.

kingrob
07-08-2008, 01:45 AM
if you join TL the right way by getting to know members of the site and being given an invite i think we are a all round good site
pre times are ok we get alot of content and we try to keep a relaxed manner towards members

but if you trade or do something else that breaks one of our main rules you end up with my foot up your ass

instead of begging for invites on sites like fst ect it is better that you come on to are irc network and get to know members never ask for invites just spend abit of time getting to know ppl and someone will invite you

i think most members here will agree i deal with any member fairly all i ask for in return is members to be honest and join our site the right way :)

bilkenter
07-08-2008, 01:48 AM
actually, i was in the irc yesterday, yeah it is definitely good place, but people talk to you for 15 minutes or so, then topic comes to invites and this definitely sucks :D My advice as a user on tl, at least spend a week or so with a member there, then ask for an invite, the more you rush, the more it gets annoying... at least my opinion :D

deadalive1
07-08-2008, 01:50 AM
@ Kingrob your site is awesome.

invite420
07-08-2008, 02:00 AM
TL is a must to have

< I was member of EliteTorrents was like torrentbytes aka bits

Acumen
07-08-2008, 02:57 AM
I appreciate my account on TL very much. I got my invite from an IRL friend, who shares my enthusiasm for file sharing, about two months ago; so I can't give any substantial advice on how to get an invite OL, although previous posts I imagine have covered up everything (patience, sincerity, amicability, innocuity...). Since then I have been seeding 24/7 and I can vouch that it is extremely easy to seed. I constantly max out my connection - and I only seed applications and games.