PDA

View Full Version : Bulgarian pirates sell warez movies on the street!

r00t
07-06-2008, 03:33 PM
Hi FST, I sit down on holiday in Bulgaria, Golden Sands. And when me and my family is out to explore the city, I see a lot of stalls selling pirate copied movies. In my own opinion, it is bad style that people download things for free and does not do anything to get the movies and then sell it just for the stupid tourists ..

What is your opinion of this?

Here is the way it works:
You just go to a stall and order a new movie as eg Kung Fu Panda, you should come again next day and, get your movie.

h1ronakamura
07-06-2008, 03:41 PM
pirate copied movies are sold everywhere dude not only in Bulgaria, but there are others to judge them

r00t
07-06-2008, 03:53 PM
I have never seen in other countries that you just can go on the street and buy the new movies just released in the cinema.

I think it is laborious to see such a thing .. And unfortunately there is nothing to do against it :/

And something I think is very strange is that the police here do nothing against it, they go every day past the stalls selling the movies without doing anything. It is ridiculous...

h1ronakamura
07-06-2008, 03:56 PM
unfortunately there is nothing to do against it :/
that's right dude

ovisan
07-06-2008, 04:15 PM
I have never seen in other countries that you just can go on the street and buy the new movies just released in the cinema.

It is ridiculous...

Come 2 London mate, There r Chinese everywhere selling illegal copies, I ve even seen Ol Bill chasing em. Many of em stopped last year, I spose cuz of the Ol Bill, but there are still people out there tring to sell em..."You want DVD, you Want DVD? Gygy gygy"

jayz707
07-06-2008, 04:21 PM
in most third world countries this is a normal thing. and the police don't see this as a crime. they got better things to do(smart police :D).

edit:sometimes in asia movies get out to the streets even before they get pred in topsites...

h1ronakamura
07-06-2008, 04:21 PM
when i was last time in new york man in his thirties came to me and my friend and told us "Hello guys hashish marijuana?" :D

in most third world countries this is a normal thing. and the police don't see this as a crime. they got better things to do(smart police :D).

i wouldn't call bulgaria "third world country" dude, the are already in EU as u probably don't know and their economy is getting better every year but this is kind of OT

markupmaster
07-06-2008, 04:23 PM
Pirated movies are sold all over..

:)

waki
07-06-2008, 04:25 PM
this is really standard everywhere imo

jayz707
07-06-2008, 04:25 PM
mate i didn't mean that bulgaria is a third world country. but this is common in east European nations(or is it former soviet union stuff?...), Russia, Malaysia(which is also not a thrid world country)....etc etc

i think this happens everywhere in the world but in some countries its done in the open, basically nobody thinks of it as a crime in some countries. but in some its crime and its done in discrete....

@waki: nice tracker you got over there ;)

Ghostbusters
07-06-2008, 04:27 PM
Pirated movies are sold all over..

:)

People will do whatever i takes to get by and lets face it there's a lot worse things people can do to make money, trust me...

h1ronakamura
07-06-2008, 04:27 PM
i would say it's common all over the world :)

yayyyyyy
07-06-2008, 04:28 PM
It's pretty common in Italy too... authorities here are busy busting ppl that share them for free on the interwebz... looks like they don't care about who sells them on the streets...

jayz707
07-06-2008, 04:30 PM
selling it on the streets is nothing new for the authorities. so they must be focusing more in people who download it from home. that is of course a nightmare to organizations like MPAA...

h1ronakamura
07-06-2008, 04:37 PM
authorities should rather care about the ppl who dl only cause they wanna make bussiness and sell downloaded files, dl for personal gain should be allowed imho

Ghostbusters
07-06-2008, 04:38 PM
This has happened in Scotland since cd-writers became available & since DVD writers became available the problem exploded although I think it appears to be on the decrease here, the market is saturated everybody and their dog burns their own movies & music now.

I realised digital media was a rip off when ZX-Spectrum games hit £9.99 and haven't ever paid for it sense except on rare occasions.

I just wish someone get a handle on the ps3 to get it running homebrew files as my PS3 habit (games & blu-rays) is costing a fortune.

Ali-g
07-06-2008, 04:56 PM
In most countries in the world there is not a "Copyright" law.
In fact in my country, Ive never seen an "original" CD or DVD.
In fact there are few few people who know the difference btw original and pirated.\
Even DVD stores, I mean Big shops, which have games etc, and arent "selling on the road" have pirated things they sell for 3$-8$(they are jst like originals with covers on back, etc). If someone would be heard saying "Oh I bought an original CD for 20 $" everyone would think he's an idiot. In fact IDK of 1 person in my country that has a legal Windows copy, or a legal anything from softwares, to games, to music CDs, to film DVDs... and the biggest deal is that we dont even know they are illegal. Most of people dont know about legalizing

PS: By the way I remember back in times before 2000 there wasnt even a Law for TVs in my country. Every TV could give any film and every sport he wanted/could find. And yes we were so happy : ) We used to watch every latest cinema film on TV : )

Ghostbusters
07-06-2008, 05:02 PM
Stuff : )

What country are you in ?

nthpeter
07-06-2008, 05:05 PM
There are many FTPs selling leech slots, even in the scene, that makes it very insecure... They are the same! (At least the bulgarian sellers burn rlses to CD/DVD... ;) )

Ghostbusters
07-06-2008, 05:07 PM
There are many FTPs selling leech slots, even in the scene, that makes it very insecure... They are the same! (At least the bulgarian sellers burn rlses to CD/DVD... ;) )

Oh yeah think of those wonderful Cam's on your spankin new 42" HD screen, pure quality man... lol

Aliyans
07-06-2008, 07:22 PM
its there in lots of countries..CAM prints available in rent stores n streets..n other stores..actually dvd screeners are aimed at reducling spread of cam pritns..what u get in torrent world is same they sell in stores..it goes out different ways torrent,selling.. i think cam copies are taken primarily for selling not for torrenting..

Sonnentier
07-06-2008, 07:42 PM
Yeah I heard the pirates in russia work with someone that camcords the movie for money, so they can then produce cds/dvds in their illegal pressing plants. Everything without a licence on it can be seen as pirated.

But they are fighting it, in the past you could just buy pirated media in the corner of the grocery's shop, in the metro and everywhere on the street, now many disappeared although you can still get everything on markets.

I think burned discs are really a rip off, everybody can create those themselves.

tehmrserver
07-06-2008, 09:40 PM
Those people are very bad, they are just trying to make money :/

..but they can go to jail anytime.. :)