PDA

View Full Version : Virus Whats The Point?.

Red2002.4t.com
08-16-2003, 08:38 PM
Why is it that people feel the need to create VIRUS software is it just people with pathetic insignificant lives and nothing better to do.

As an experiment I disabled my antivirus auto detect for a little over a week (very brave or just stupid?) only to find that I had accumulated 86 viruses 40 of which were the same and had been generated from a single file.

It is appalling how many sad people there are writing this stuff with no clear goal as this stuff could not possible do any harm, luckily I never got infected with the bad viruses that can do real damage, only menial stuff and backdoor Trojan’s which my firewall block for me (Thanks Norton).

Why don’t these people do something constructive instead like produce antivirus software or firewalls (little bit of irony there).

Clearly there is no real gain in producing most of this stuff so it makes me wonder is it just the companies marketing prevention software that create these things to force you to buy there products.

NOTE: I would not advise anyone to copy my experiment as there is some nasty stuff out there and you may not be as lucky as I was.

RPerry
08-16-2003, 09:14 PM
hopefully you also disabled the sharing of files while you were running your experiment ;)

Red2002.4t.com
08-16-2003, 09:36 PM
Off course I'm not a some kind of evil Virus speading fiend.

NOTE:I'm glad to see that some people are conserned about these things.

RPerry
08-16-2003, 09:50 PM
of course I would be concerned.... I just got my AV set back up last night after having to un-install it for some trouble shooting, no uploads or downloads for me for 2 weeks :(

keyser_soze
08-16-2003, 10:16 PM
HHmmmm virus writers that also make AV software now there's a conspiracy theory :rolleyes: But yeah I think your right virus writers are just bed wetters who got bullied at school that think they can make there mark on the world by trying to fook your pc up which as u say just gets trashed by your AV softaware??
Better off if they be constructive with there bitterness and try and make some cash out of it :)

Marius24
08-16-2003, 10:25 PM
they also get a lovely trip to prison, and get fined for alot of money. Maybe they like that kinda thing :blink: all i gotta say is if u get good AV software u got nothing to worry from

Red2002.4t.com
08-16-2003, 10:28 PM
I think you guys fail to see the point of my post it has nothing to do with av software.

and he is right use the good stuff and quit with the cheap sh,it.

keyser_soze
08-16-2003, 10:28 PM
I wonder what it is about jail that they find appealing :rolleyes:

Red2002.4t.com
08-16-2003, 11:21 PM
hmm???

dlingeverything
08-17-2003, 12:05 AM
I think most of the people who
right viruses just want to prove
to themselves and to some others
that they have some kind of power
and are UB3R-L33T-H4X0R5.

They are actually just proving to us
that they are losers who have no life.

Red2002.4t.com
08-17-2003, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by dlingeverything@17 August 2003 - 00:05
I think most of the people who
right viruses just want to prove
to themselves and to some others
that they have some kind of power
and are UB3R-L33T-H4X0R5.

They are actually just proving to us
that they are losers who have no life.
I think that was the point i was making.

But well put.

Illuminati
08-17-2003, 01:12 AM
Actually, I think the real reason that we have viruses now is that around (based on the assumption that viruses were around even in the 80s) its genesis in the 80s, there were a lot of capitalism which seemed too BSy for them (I'm not writing my own opinion BTW, this is just how I think they see it), and the first generation of virus writers became freedom fighters to screw with the large companies & the military.

Unfortunately, since the 90s the well-known skill of the first-gen writers spawned a load of 'I can do that too!' writers - The second generation. Viruses became a cliche & a fashion in the technological underground, and the rest is history.

Unfortunately, we had the third gen now - The moronic script kiddies who can&#39;t write their own in scratch but use over-slimpistic tools & tutorials to make half-decent crap, in the delusional dream that they will be considering "uber-l33t" (which, to normal people like you and me, translates to "seriously f***ing sad". <_<

Nowadays, the serious virus writers now act as "challengers" to "train" AV software (It&#39;s not new - Hackers are known to test popular security software including firewalls).

God - I hate to see what the fourth generation end up as <_<

Keikan
08-17-2003, 01:26 AM
Who write viruses?

One answer,

fatass nerdswith they&#39;re computers with no life or friends

Red2002.4t.com
08-17-2003, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by Illuminati@17 August 2003 - 01:12
Actually, I think the real reason that we have viruses now is that around (based on the assumption that viruses were around even in the 80s) its genesis in the 80s, there were a lot of capitalism which seemed too BSy for them (I&#39;m not writing my own opinion BTW, this is just how I think they see it), and the first generation of virus writers became freedom fighters to screw with the large companies & the military.

Unfortunately, since the 90s the well-known skill of the first-gen writers spawned a load of &#39;I can do that too&#33;&#39; writers - The second generation. Viruses became a cliche & a fashion in the technological underground, and the rest is history.

Unfortunately, we had the third gen now - The moronic script kiddies who can&#39;t write their own in scratch but use over-slimpistic tools & tutorials to make half-decent crap, in the delusional dream that they will be considering "uber-l33t" (which, to normal people like you and me, translates to "seriously f***ing sad". <_<

Nowadays, the serious virus writers now act as "challengers" to "train" AV software (It&#39;s not new - Hackers are known to test popular security software including firewalls).

God - I hate to see what the fourth generation end up as <_<
I don&#39;t see why anybody would won&#39;t to be considered part of the Uber-l33t it seem to me that if these people actully had any skill at all they would spend there time not writing crappy software which contains minimal code which i could program in my sleep, but actully produce software with a few million lines of code and actually benifit people in some way.

If these pathetic individuals really wanted to be considered elite they should write software that would be acknowlege as geniuos and a step forward in the world of software development and not two steps back.

I just dont understand these people at all.

maybe they are just not good enough to write real software so they spend there lives writing crap, thinking of themselves as 1st class programmers. haha