PDA

View Full Version : This Forum Lags Way To Much!

Inevitable
08-16-2003, 08:43 PM
This forum lags way to much. When I click on a topic it&#39;s freakin slow as hell and won&#39;t even go sometimes it&#39;s really annoying. You guys need a new server or something, but I also understand that some ass clown is trying to crash the forum for reasons unknown. <_<

3rd gen noob
08-16-2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Inevitable@16 August 2003 - 21:43
I also understand that some ass clown is trying to crash the forum for reasons unknown. <_<
it&#39;s so easy when people answer their own question, you know

<_<

Inevitable
08-16-2003, 09:06 PM
I didn&#39;t answer my own question moron. The forum lags sometimes and I don&#39;t think it&#39;s the server attacks because I&#39;m pretty sure an ass clown has other things to do than hack servers all day...but than again I could be wrong...... :D

NightStalker
08-16-2003, 09:07 PM
My computer lags.. but you don&#39;t see my complaining&#33; :P

3rd gen noob
08-16-2003, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Inevitable@16 August 2003 - 22:06
I didn&#39;t answer my own question moron. The forum lags sometimes and I don&#39;t think it&#39;s the server attacks because I&#39;m pretty sure an ass clown has other things to do than hack servers all day...but than again I could be wrong...... :D
it&#39;s been a while since i was called a moron

thanks mate

p.s. look at the number of members and the number of posts (total and per day) and you&#39;ll see that the forum is extremely good with respect to these figures

p.p.s. learn to spell too, moron

Inevitable
08-16-2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by 3rd gen noob+16 August 2003 - 22:15--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3rd gen noob &#064; 16 August 2003 - 22:15)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Inevitable@16 August 2003 - 22:06
it&#39;s been a while since i was called a moron

thanks mate

p.s. look at the number of members and the number of posts (total and per day) and you&#39;ll see that the forum is extremely good with respect to these figures

p.p.s. learn to spell too, moron [/b][/quote]
how the hell did you get over 800 posts and only been registered for over a month? and I&#39;ve been registered for about 8 and barely have 100 posts.... :blink:

seems like someone dedicates 3/4 of there life to this forum.....

and where do you see any spelling mistakes??

Gre1
08-16-2003, 09:39 PM
Man, quit complaining and by u posting this u would just be making it lag more but it doesn&#39;t lag for everyone maybe it&#39;s your comp. Also, do u think u could make it better u probably wouldn&#39;t know what to do first. So just shut up and use the forum or u can solve all your probs by leaving. <_< <_<

Skank
08-16-2003, 09:43 PM
someones having there period...lol

Inevitable
08-16-2003, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Gre1@16 August 2003 - 22:39
Man, quit complaining and by u posting this u would just be making it lag more but it doesn&#39;t lag for everyone maybe it&#39;s your comp. Also, do u think u could make it better u probably wouldn&#39;t know what to do first. So just shut up and use the forum or u can solve all your probs by leaving. <_< <_<
I&#39;m not complaining and don&#39;t get so hostile over me posting something that&#39;s harmless like a rubber ducky which means it&#39;s not that serious. B)

3rd gen noob
08-16-2003, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Inevitable@16 August 2003 - 22:36
how the hell did you get over 800 posts and only been registered for over a month? and I&#39;ve been registered for about 8 and barely have 100 posts.... :blink:

and where do you see any spelling mistakes??
i&#39;ve only been registered on this account for a month, but i&#39;ve been on the board much longer

this means i get away with more spam, no-one pays attention

also, the major spelling mistake is in the topic title. "this forum lags way to much" should be "this forum lags way too much"

Gre1
08-16-2003, 09:47 PM
But u have to take in consideration that the people who run this forum are doing there best then u go and post something like that. They are trying to do what the can when the kiddie quits attacking it may run faster.

Skank
08-16-2003, 09:59 PM
maybe they should get hold of there isp( the servers one i mean) and get the isp to filter out the packets..its common procedure in sustained attacks like this one ive been hearing about

balamm
08-16-2003, 10:02 PM
The botom line is that there are problems and they now have members attacking members.
Enjoy the forum while you can and when it does lag, there are many things to research and learn elsewhere on the web. Like how to prevent these kinds of problems or what causes them.
Or if you&#39;re inclined, what causes people to lash out when they become frustrated.
That alone would keep you busy for a while.

If someone is out to destroy a site, this kind of bickering is exactly what drives them.
Relax, laugh about it, and enjoy the good times. Nothing lasts forever.

sharedholder
08-16-2003, 10:06 PM
Nothing lasts forever.

Are you kidding right ?Or not?What is hapenend here?Something that we don&#39;t know?

RPerry
08-16-2003, 10:11 PM
Nice post balamm ;)

to go along with what Balamm said, understand we are all fighting the same problem, just learn to deal with it until they go away or are caught (hopefully the latter)

sweet4060
08-16-2003, 10:45 PM
:o Hey people lighten up a little. In the grand scheme of things this so called Lagging is nothing. Be glad this is available. Make the best of what you got and be grateful your butt hasn&#39;t been kicked of this thing.

No one owes anyone anything and its better to be nice than nasty. The posting regarding the lagging should have been posted as a question not an accusation.

Smile and take a deep breath, and enjoy your music, video&#39;s or whatever we have available to share.

:beerchug:

slammy_dunken
08-16-2003, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by sweet4060@16 August 2003 - 16:45
:o Hey people lighten up a little. In the grand scheme of things this so called Lagging is nothing. Be glad this is available. Make the best of what you got and be grateful your butt hasn&#39;t been kicked of this thing.

No one owes anyone anything and its better to be nice than nasty. The posting regarding the lagging should have been posted as a question not an accusation.

Smile and take a deep breath, and enjoy your music, video&#39;s or whatever we have available to share.

Nice words from a newcomer. Welcome to the board&#33;

N£MO
08-16-2003, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by sweet4060@16 August 2003 - 23:45

It&#39;s a shame that all newcomers didn&#39;t have the attitude you have,good to see and welcome to the forum. :)

NightStalker
08-16-2003, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by sweet4060@16 August 2003 - 22:45

Nice choice of words.

Welcome&#33; :beerchug:

internet.news
08-19-2003, 09:59 PM
It is sometimes also slow here when I am on Dialup :(

That is why someone with a fast internet connection 24h should host the
forum :)

So anyone: If you have a fast server 24h connection and could leave
your pc turne on whole the time you could be a mirror for the forum :)?

Ok, the main forum would be on the same place, but from time to time
if you want to read through older messages you can go to the faster mirror site :)

It would not be uptodate as main site , but :)

or another solution: transfer the whole forum with messages to a fast server -
and backup the forum messages on CDs, cause without a backup you would worryi f a virus comes :(

thanks anyway, david.

nukemdomis
08-19-2003, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Inevitable@16 August 2003 - 13:36

p.p.s. learn to spell too, moron

and where do you see any spelling mistakes?? [/quote]
:nuke: :nuke:

I think this dudes right

shn
08-20-2003, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by Inevitable@16 August 2003 - 14:43
This forum lags way to much. When I click on a topic it&#39;s freakin slow as hell and won&#39;t even go sometimes it&#39;s really annoying. You guys need a new server or something, but I also understand that some ass clown is trying to crash the forum for reasons unknown.&nbsp; <_<
Maybe its that big ass jpeg you have as your sig thats causeing the problem.
Try shrinking it a little to about the size of your brain. No, wait, then the picture would be microscopic :huh: ...............oh well :lol:

dlingeverything
08-20-2003, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by shn+19 August 2003 - 18:39--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (shn @ 19 August 2003 - 18:39)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Inevitable@16 August 2003 - 14:43
This forum lags way to much. When I click on a topic it&#39;s freakin slow as hell and won&#39;t even go sometimes it&#39;s really annoying. You guys need a new server or something, but I also understand that some ass clown is trying to crash the forum for reasons unknown. <_<
Maybe its that big ass jpeg you have as your sig thats causeing the problem.
Try shrinking it a little to about the size of your brain. No, wait, then the picture would be microscopic :huh: ...............oh well :lol: [/b][/quote]
I like the joke but the sig isnt that big.

His sig and avatar fit within the limits.

@inevitable
I think your anger is acceptable&#33;
Now, if you could just cough up the
money and the time it takes to run
this place we can all be happy&#33;

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: