PDA

View Full Version : How does this RSS stuff works anyway?

eram
07-08-2008, 11:52 AM
yup ,
would be really nice if someone could explain this whole rss stuff and
how i would be able to download and start the torrents automatical
without doing anything.

thxx

Bionic
07-08-2008, 11:54 AM
On which tracker are you and which Client are you using?

RSS Tutorial for uTorrent from uTorrent Website (www.utorrent.com)
http://utorrent.com/rsstutorial.php

Go to your tracker forum -> Tutorial -> Look for a RSS Tutorial there, for sure you'll find.

eram
07-08-2008, 12:31 PM
ok well should have had this idea .looking through it now on the tracker forum . thxx

besides . your sig is really nice ;)

integral
07-08-2008, 02:04 PM
RSS feeds are automatic; they will get the torrent from you automatically without you having to manually download it. RSS in uTorrent works in this way:

You set an time interval (how long you want uTorrent to wait between checking for new torrents), in this case we'll say you want uTorrent to check every 15 minutes. After putting in the RSS feed link for your tracker in uTorrent, along with any filters (i.e. *The*Wire*, *Battlestar*, *dvdrip*), uTorrent will check the RSS feed for any new torrents, and download them and load them in uTorrent. You can check the settings in uTorrent to enable automatically starting a torrent once it's loaded in uTorrent.

Bionic
07-08-2008, 03:31 PM
ok well should have had this idea .looking through it now on the tracker forum . thxx

besides . your sig is really nice ;)

Have you got it, mate? And thanks for the feedback towards my sig. ;p

eram
07-08-2008, 09:22 PM
yeah thanks !
can handle it now i think/hope .

but anyways, we should talk in german if the flag on your profile is right ! :)

Ghostbusters
07-08-2008, 10:59 PM
Also make sure you've got a decent buffer at the site your experimenting on with RSS especially if the site is hard to seed on.

Accident's can happen when your first playing about with it

GXice
07-09-2008, 09:24 AM
Accident's can happen when your first playing about with it

This is true, I've only got 50GB a month to download so when I first used RSS, I didn't realise that it downloads automatically. I lost that 50gb in about 4 nights. :whistling

Bionic
07-09-2008, 10:03 AM
You only got to take care with the "--*--|--*--"

Na ja! Alles guht.