PDA

View Full Version : The Future of HD

hdtransmission
07-08-2008, 08:58 PM
OKej i want to suprize our member here. The future is HD blueray etc.
So we have decide to open a new torrentsite called Hdtransmission and link is: www.hdtransmission.com (http://www.hdtransmission.com) , the site is not up yet couse we are working with the design, we are starting to do the rules and we need help from ya.
We want this site to grow so we started the userlimit: 10000 Users.
We need your help to grow the site, join our irc and have a talk with us and tell us what rules the site should have. We WILL listen to you just to make this site liked. The design will be done like 1week then we will lunch it. Give us some advice..

This can be the future ;)

//hdtransmission

DKre8ive1
07-08-2008, 09:11 PM
My suggestion is to make sure you have all the holes plugged up that are on the different bt sources. A secure site should be the first thing most users would want.

Site design is good too but I bring up that you should make sure your source is properly patched because with sites being hacked in the past and userlists and passwords put out on the net for everyone to see and other type of mishaps.

Best of luck on your knew site.

hdtransmission
07-08-2008, 09:16 PM
DKre8ive1, When we did start this site the first thing we did think of was the security and we did double check the source. We are using tbdev but from scratch, we did change everything and checked everything when we coded. What i can say is Code=Perfect. We got many mods to keep the future secure. We have worked with this source 30 weeks and we did beta test it and right now we have no error.

Feel free to join our own irc server

Server: hdtransmission.com
Channel: #hdtransmission

Ali-g
07-08-2008, 09:33 PM
ok i jst entered the channel.... how come theres noone there?
Wish u take up the thing for real. 2 Big things ur gonna need is:
a) Source, b) Time

hdtransmission
07-08-2008, 09:35 PM
U need to do /server hdtransmission.com then /j #hdtransmission

Okej lets tell you some information about the server we are going to use and tell us what you think and what we should change.

CPU: Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q9450 @, 2.67 GHz
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT (1680x1050x32bpp 59Hz)
Sound: Realtek HD Audio output
Memory: 4096 MB
HD: 1630.15 GB
Connection: PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC

We have 1gbite line @ server.

c0njur
07-08-2008, 10:31 PM
Is this going to be internal encodes or scene releases?

hdtransmission
07-08-2008, 10:40 PM
Conjur, u guys can upload everything you want but ill just upload scene :)
so the answar is, scene and noscene :)

stoi
07-08-2008, 10:53 PM
well your server is more than enough for 10,000 users, but if your paying a fortune for the gbite line, get rid of it.

we only have 10MBs dedicated for 55,000 members and we dont even reach half of that.

im not sure why have have a gfx card in there though, sounds more like a home PC than a server to me.

and the HDD space as well, way OTT, unless of course your going to seed off it. which i have to tell you is a very big No No. tracker on 1 server, seedbox another, not both on the same one, your just asking for trouble.

Something Else
07-08-2008, 10:59 PM
im not sure why have have a gfx card in there though, sounds more like a home PC than a server to me.

:lol: Yeah, I was wondering that.

hdtransmission
07-08-2008, 11:07 PM
this server i have built it myself, and the server is @ my home :) with 1gbite line that costs like nothing :)

robotpirate
07-08-2008, 11:09 PM
uh good luck with that

Ghostbusters
07-08-2008, 11:09 PM
this server i have built it myself, and the server is @ my home :) with 1gbite line that costs like nothing :)

Awesome... :)

stoi
07-08-2008, 11:10 PM
Ok now for my next ?. you have the tracker, you have the coders, your secure, you have the server, but.. where is it going to be located, what country.

and i used to run my tracker from home (wish i could have got a free gbit line though lol) but i would never do it again, the domains IP points stright at you, instead of a host somewhere else.

hdtransmission
07-08-2008, 11:12 PM
its secure place with no problems :) as i wrote first, we have beta tested the code and we didnt find any error :) join us in irc much easier to talk :)

we know what we are doing :) thats our job. this will be the future :) and for now our lunch time is 1week.

stoi
07-08-2008, 11:16 PM
nah your ok mate, i dont even get in my IRC that much, never mind anyone elses lol

well i wish you good luck, and dont mean to sound like a tw@t here.

but gbite line free, free server (well not free but already payed for) no running costs at all as far as i can see, I hope you wont have ads, and wont be P2L either.

but thats up to you at the end of the day, but no outlay from you, should mean, you dont need any donations.

and i want to move where you live, i want a free gbite line now lol

ok your in Sweden, safe, but not 100% safe with this wiretapping thing.

hdtransmission
07-08-2008, 11:39 PM
stoi, its not free gbite, i wrote its like nothing, i mean like the costs is not much like other offer, i pay 100euro/month, unlimit bw thats what i meant, and its nothing :)
would be nice to help with donation but its only for supporting the site and like it, im not out for money, and P2L will never happen at hdtransmission, our goal is not like to be torrentleech or scenetorrents, pay to get invite etc. here u enjoyin as we do and helping each other like BIG family.

stoi
07-08-2008, 11:45 PM
well like i have already said, Good luck with it. But i make it a rule to never join any other torrent sites, im only a member of mine, so no offence, but i think i will pass.

hdtransmission
07-08-2008, 11:47 PM
stoi, i understand and that should be good to thanks for all luck :)

NordicP2P
07-09-2008, 12:02 AM
"This can be the future"... "This will be the future"... Oh well, heh.

I would like to see tracker for RAW SD TV feeds (like 4:2:2) etc. or even better tracker with combined SD + HD material. Well maybe SDBits will handle these?!

hdtransmission
07-09-2008, 12:13 AM
thanks for all posts :)
We cant wait anymore, 1 week left :)

Acumen
07-09-2008, 03:26 AM
Why do the people excessively use smileys when they promote their site?

tknaught
07-09-2008, 03:54 AM
Have you thought about how you will differentiate your site from other HD trackers? I mean I know there are some collectors who will join any site that's offered to them, but for users of sites like Bit-HDTV or HDBits which have a large library of torrents and good internal encoders, is there a reason they should want to join your site?

hdtransmission
07-09-2008, 09:03 AM
We have looked on the sites Bit hdtv etc, they are good but look at all of them. They have the tbdev standard look (one thing we are tryin to change from it) about they have big library of torrents, thats not a problem ( cuz every torrentsitee start with 0 torrents) We are working with the uploaders, we got some and we will get more. I cant tell you more couse we dont know how the rules will be yet thats why we wanted you to tell us.

//hdtransmission

deadalive1
07-09-2008, 09:46 AM
It is nice that you are looking for input from people here and wherever else you posted this message, but...what concerns me is this statement. ( "I cant tell you more couse we dont know how the rules will be yet thats why we wanted you to tell us." ) Now with that statement it suggests that you have no base for rules and that you're open for suggestions, which in and of itself is fine, but there HAS to be a base or fundamental structure (rule's wise) already in place (otherwise it will be chaotic and probably change whenever the wind blows), whether you add on to it by other people's suggestions or not is irrelevant. Now if I misconstrued what you said here in this statement my apologies, but I honestly don't think I did.

Acumen
07-09-2008, 10:10 AM
Another HD site? I got the impression your site was going to focus mainly on Blue-ray image rips. Hasn't HD been thrown off the market in favor of Blue-ray?

I myself have no intention of downloading 36GB of data in order to watch 90 minutes of tawdry entertainment (See: Hollywood (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood)). Until, of course, I get rid of my cheap asymmetrical pipe.

Now with that statement it suggests that you have no base for rules and that you're open for suggestions, which in and of itself is fine.
How can you have no idea what rules should be enforced on your tracker? Every site says the same thing on their rules.php page. There's a start

hdtransmission
07-09-2008, 10:20 AM
i have the basic rules but i want to know others options before i decide mine. we got many things done but hdtransmission want your options to.

12:22 ~hdtransmission • n00b The default class of new members.
12:22 ~hdtransmission • User Been Member @ HD Transmission for 1 week.
12:22 ~hdtransmission • Power User Can download DOX over 1MB and view NFO files.
12:22 ~hdtransmission • Xtreme User Same as Power User but cooler.
12:22 ~hdtransmission • Lover User Lover Same as Xtreme and the user is considered as more active.
12:22 ~hdtransmission • Legend User Donated or been member more then 100 weeks.
12:22 ~hdtransmission • VIP Same privileges as Legend User and but have done something special @ HD Transmission.com .
12:22 ~hdtransmission • Uploader Same as Legend User except with upload rights and immune to automatic demotion.
12:22 ~hdtransmission • Moderator Can edit and delete any uploaded torrents. Can also moderate user comments and disable accounts.
12:22 ~hdtransmission • Administrator Can do just about anything.
12:22 ~hdtransmission • SiteOp Almost same as SysOp.
12:22 ~hdtransmission • SysOp HD Transmission's Owner

this is our classes for now

Ali-g
07-09-2008, 11:40 AM
Wish u luck... and again the basic community (Reg. uploaders, mods, etc) are the most important things of a tracker.

StarX
07-09-2008, 04:57 PM
Sounds interesting .. but if you are going to allow non-scene releases then what kind of quality control measures you are going to implement? you can't let anybody who rips his/her own Blue Ray disks without ensuring the quality of their rips!! some may use a one-click programs to do the job which unlike what scene rules stipulate ..

anyway really I wish all the best with your new site :)

hdtransmission
07-09-2008, 06:21 PM
it doesnt matter how to rips it but it must be hd, blue ray thing, no rules with that

deadalive1
07-09-2008, 06:39 PM
it doesnt matter how to rips it but it must be hd, blue ray thing, no rules with that

It absolutely matters for quality assurance. Not every person knows how to rip. Again we come back to my previous statement about the rules (or lack there of). If there isn't a standard that needs to be upheld, and just anyone can upload (no matter what their experience level is), you will probably have your hands full with complaints about the quality of rips from your users, which will turn people off FAST to your site. If they can't rely on a certain level of quality (across the board for all uploaded files) then most likely they will stop downloading and your site will crumble fast.

Sanka113
07-10-2008, 04:43 AM
I'd love to see an hd site with a seed bonus system in which every day you seed you get 10% of that torrents size added to your UL ;)

hdtransmission
07-10-2008, 08:29 AM
its near, it will give you bonus for seeding then u "buy" with your bonus upload(s)

we want big community @ irc so join us and be with us from the start :)

Swift
07-10-2008, 09:27 AM
strange tracker.. whats the purpose ?

ryan20021982
07-10-2008, 01:30 PM
Hasn't HD been thrown off the market in favor of Blue-ray?

Blu-ray is HD as in High Definition

hdtransmission
07-11-2008, 11:50 PM
Okej good news :) Our design will be done on Monday :)

fr3x3r
07-12-2008, 01:22 AM
Okej good news :) Our design will be done on Monday :)

Hmm.. I waiting for you.

Snake91
07-12-2008, 04:54 PM
I hope there will be EUR image rips too :)

newswalker
07-12-2008, 08:39 PM
You need strict upload rules to get a good site. And the rules I mean are not some "cool" userclasses, but quality and dupe rules. IMO even HDbits has to lose rules and what you tell us is that you don't have any quality rules at all. This will result in 20 releases for one movie where the users have to find out which one is the best for themselves.

Eargasm
07-12-2008, 09:40 PM
Truly, the future of HD isn't in a disc, it's in downloadable HD. Good luck on the site and fixing all the bugs that all trackers will have.

hdtransmission
07-13-2008, 12:57 AM
true but most release will be scene, so dont worry about quality :P

forthat
07-13-2008, 02:05 AM
is the site opened yet?

Spanky69
07-13-2008, 11:37 AM
Scene HD is not the best quality

timestoby
07-13-2008, 11:48 AM
scenehd to rule them all lol

newswalker
07-13-2008, 02:14 PM
Scene has rarely the best quality. ESiR, CtrlHD, MMI, M794, EuReKA, HDL, HDV and some others are the real masters of quality - and they are all non-scene.

If you want to create a better site than HDbits, you'll have to keep scene releases out and get some of those groups and/or some new groups/people to release on your site.

If someone wants the speed of the scene (instead of the quality of those groups) they don't need a HD bittorrent site, but can get the scene releases on one of the many 0day-BT-sites or on usenet.

Ghostbusters
07-13-2008, 02:56 PM
A tracker exclusively hosting DVD-R's with a ratio free system and you would might have been onto a winner because there isn't really anywhere like that I can think of, yeah P*N is ratio free but the DVD-R selection was poor even before the crash & apparently SweDVDR only allows sign ups from Scandinavian IP's and presumbaly this isn't ratio free.

TDC is ok but at the same time it's a bit pants & as someone already said every 0-Day tracker is swamped with HD rips at the minute & I can think of at least 4 or 5 other sites of the top of my head offering the same content as you are planning to offer.

I do wish you every success though...

hdtransmission
07-13-2008, 08:10 PM
no the site is not up yet, only for staff :) btw the design is 99% done and it looks sexy, now when its done we will give u everything u want or almost :D we going to upload as hell :D so stay toon, just some days left.

cata2008
07-14-2008, 05:49 AM
i tery to signup and this is the message...
It works!....when they open?

fr3x3r
07-14-2008, 09:41 AM
OMG, Down!

What Happend?

yayyyyyy
07-14-2008, 12:48 PM
will be back soon... server upgrades afaik :P

hdtransmission
07-14-2008, 02:43 PM
we are upgrading the server thats why the irc server is down. we will post soon, so dont worry :)

bunny
07-14-2008, 05:06 PM
I am anxious for the quality of this tracker.

Gekko
07-15-2008, 03:49 AM
We are in the processs of putting up the site at the moment.

Rumblin
07-15-2008, 03:59 AM
Why do the people excessively use smileys when they promote their site?
lol i needed that laugh

djkamikaze
07-15-2008, 06:27 AM
content is the single most important factor. what can I get at this site that I either:
1) can't get somewhere else
2) can get much easier at your site than somewhere else.

everything else is secondary. A "sexy" site and "cool" userclasses are just the lipstick. Put lipstick on a pig, and it's still a pig.

sorry to sound like a hater, but this entire thread reeks of 3 or 4 10-year-old kids getting together and starting a club, and by simple declaration naming themselves as the "cool" club to be in. That being said, though, good luck on your project, in a few months we'll see how far it's come along.

edit: You may want to brush up on your english, since it is the most common language in use at most the best torrent sites, and broken English makes people look amateurish (unless you are going to be a swedish-only site). "lunch" is a meal you eat between breakfast and dinner... "lAunch" is when something takes-off, or starts.

edit2:
We have looked on the sites Bit hdtv etc, they are good but look at all of them. They have the tbdev standard look (one thing we are tryin to change from it) about they have big library of torrents, thats not a problem ( cuz every torrentsitee start with 0 torrents)
actually, most torrent sites started with at least a few dozen good torrents... you seem to be totally ignoring the content issue. Without good content in your early stages, you'll lose all your new members right away. set yourself up with 100 or 200 REALLY popular titles at your official opening, so when a new member joins they say "wow, this place has what I want/need!"

bilkenter
07-15-2008, 06:44 AM
content is the single most important factor. what can I get at this site that I either:

everything else is secondary. A "sexy" site and "cool" userclasses are just the lipstick. Put lipstick on a pig, and it's still a pig.

sorry to sound like a hater, but this entire thread reeks of 3 or 4 10-year-old kids getting together and starting a club, and by simple declaration naming themselves as the "cool" club to be in. That being said, though, good luck on your project, in a few months we'll see how far it's come along.

edit: You may want to brush up on your english, since it is the most common language in use at most the best torrent sites, and broken English makes people look amateurish (unless you are going to be a swedish-only site). "lunch" is a meal you eat between breakfast and dinner... "lAunch" is when something takes-off, or starts.

edit2:
We have looked on the sites Bit hdtv etc, they are good but look at all of them. They have the tbdev standard look (one thing we are tryin to change from it) about they have big library of torrents, thats not a problem ( cuz every torrentsitee start with 0 torrents)actually, most torrent sites started with at least a few dozen good torrents... you seem to be totally ignoring the content issue. Without good content in your early stages, you'll lose all your new members right away. set yourself up with 100 or 200 REALLY popular titles at your official opening, so when a new member joins they say "wow, this place has what I want/need!"
Kamon not everybody is a collector or level worshipper. Who cares about content? yeah it is important but not that decisive at least the way i see it, the integrity of users in the site is way more important than the content itself. This integrity is the one thing that will urge others to contribute in a proper manner, but you obviously seem like a content worshipper, so i doubt you understand the meaning of friends or community. Anyway, if the people are really good, i dont give a damn sh.... about content. For me, this is the truth

Sanka113
07-15-2008, 06:57 AM
Like alot of people have said, the premise of your tracker (hd movies, shows, etc) isn't that unique. Creating a tracker with clever features will definitely help separate it from the other HD sites and attract members to your tracker. As long as you guys are creative, yet focused on the quality/quantity of your content, you guys should be ok :)

boloni
07-15-2008, 07:15 AM
There are already few great HD oriented content sites :HDBITS (no doubt - the best one for now ) , HD-COREA , BIT-HDTV , HD-BITS.ro etc .
Most of the content - lets say 80% - of these sites is distributed from one to an other and the only thing that differerence is the distribution's speed ( number of seeds and active leech) .
If the new site will have a friendly access and look and would be able to have the stuff published on the other sites + some original HD stuff , together with a high number of seeds/leech , it may do the difference .

Good luck and keep us updated !

hdtransmission
07-15-2008, 09:29 PM
Okej we got good news and bad news, the good news the design is done 100% with the code but we are testing it now and the bad news is we will not run with our own irc server right now so we are using irc.p2p-network.org and channel #hdtransmission, join us so u can be the first that reg on our site :D

TheSickEmpire
07-16-2008, 02:44 AM

edit2: actually, most torrent sites started with at least a few dozen good torrents... you seem to be totally ignoring the content issue. Without good content in your early stages, you'll lose all your new members right away. set yourself up with 100 or 200 REALLY popular titles at your official opening, so when a new member joins they say "wow, this place has what I want/need!"
Kamon not everybody is a collector or level worshipper. Who cares about content? yeah it is important but not that decisive at least the way i see it, the integrity of users in the site is way more important than the content itself. This integrity is the one thing that will urge others to contribute in a proper manner, but you obviously seem like a content worshipper, so i doubt you understand the meaning of friends or community. Anyway, if the people are really good, i dont give a damn sh.... about content. For me, this is the truth

Torrent communitys need a good bit of both to survive. Though, it's more content based at the start than anything.

hdtransmission
07-16-2008, 04:33 AM

Torrent communitys need a good bit of both to survive. Though, it's more content based at the start than anything.

lol hm i have been working on the site to much so i dropped my english.. been working like 18h/day

hdtransmission
07-17-2008, 10:54 AM
Finally our site is complete. If you are intressted of take a look of the beta then join us @ irc.p2p-network.org and the channel #hdtransmission Remember the site is emty, i mean right now no torrents. but we got other things you can do.

//hdtransmission

formos
08-24-2008, 12:13 AM
what's happend to site??

Eargasm
08-24-2008, 02:18 AM
what's happend to site??

The current user account limit (0) has been reached. Inactive accounts are pruned all the time, please check back again later...

It looks like they reached the limit of 0, but don't worry because once they prune some accounts it should be all good. ;)

neo24
08-24-2008, 02:48 AM
good tracker

FreakOnLeash
08-24-2008, 03:30 AM
IS IT GONA BE INTERNAL ENCODING or DUMP FRM OTHER SITES BUDDY ???

formos
08-24-2008, 01:51 PM
i was asking because yesterday was message about database crash and now site is offline

Villain
08-24-2008, 02:27 PM
They got hacked and their whole database was deleted.

puckface
08-24-2008, 02:41 PM
surprise surprise

Shno
08-24-2008, 11:28 PM
The current user account limit (0) has been reached. Inactive accounts are pruned all the time, please check back again later...It looks like they reached the limit of 0, but don't worry because once they prune some accounts it should be all good. ;)
LOL

To be honest I am always a bit wary of people who post topics about important things but can't be bothered to spell-check them.