PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion

yevgeny
07-10-2008, 03:22 AM
Please make it more difficult to get into invite section.

Something Else
07-10-2008, 04:26 AM
I agree. The invite section should be at the bottom of the sea.

Skiz
07-10-2008, 04:33 AM
+1

markupmaster
07-10-2008, 04:37 AM
I agree with this..

;)

Sanka113
07-10-2008, 04:51 AM
+1000000! The standards of being allowed into the invite section needs to raised significantly. There's just way to many uneducated , or scammer account in there.

Skiz
07-10-2008, 05:34 AM
There aren't very many scammers here.

Last week we had reports of two scams which occurred and both of those purloiners have been disabled. I think you'd be surprised at the ratio of good trades to bad.

apextwin146
07-10-2008, 05:49 AM
so how are u gonna make it difficult .. increase the post count .. that wud just lead to more posts with +1,smileys general spamming stuff ..
Rep points??

yevgeny
07-10-2008, 06:45 AM
so how are u gonna make it difficult .. increase the post count .. that wud just lead to more posts with +1,smileys general spamming stuff ..
Rep points??

I was thinking post count, length of time since becoming a member. i agree it would make more spam posts but if youve got to wait 3 months anyway whats the point?

something much harder to implement would be a system with levels of access eg. highest rank can see all topics, lowest rank can only see those in same user group. i couldn't do this so practically it might not be desirable but in any case i think making it more difficult to get in would make me for one feel more confident about offering invites.

Barbarossa
07-10-2008, 08:34 AM
We should make access to the invite section by invitation only :dabs:

Skiz
07-10-2008, 08:38 AM
something much harder to implement would be a system with levels of access eg. highest rank can see all topics, lowest rank can only see those in same user group. i couldn't do this so practically it might not be desirable but in any case i think making it more difficult to get in would make me for one feel more confident about offering invites.

Thats a pretty good idea actually. :unsure:

tralalala
07-10-2008, 08:57 AM
Was thinking that myself.. Am wondering if it's possible to program in any way by rossco.

Skiz
07-10-2008, 09:00 AM
Anything is possible to code. The bigger question is, is it really needed?

We already have the VTG, TTG, etc.

lynx
07-10-2008, 09:14 AM
We should make access to the invite section by invitation only :dabs:I agree, as long as mods can sell the invites to the invite section. :whistling

bilkenter
07-10-2008, 09:17 AM
Yeap also with invitation, there would be favouritism, those who have invites would give them to those who are close to their beliefs, creeds and opinions whereas those who oppose will be excluded... most likely... I dont expect mods to be perfectly objective actually

wevotedno
07-10-2008, 09:27 AM
I fully agree with the idea.

Skiz, it's not all about the scammers. It's for the so called "helpers" and the "i piss on all traders" and for the kids that collect invites and accounts.

It's for the ones that use symbols in their titles and the ones that request invites in their signatures.

Lately, i feel that FST it's not welcoming any more for ppl of an older age(more than 12)since thats the age that dominates the forums (mostly invites)lately.

I propose a 3 month membership and a great deal of posts and also a probation period before anyone can enter the invites section.

Thanks for your time.

Barbarossa
07-10-2008, 09:33 AM
We should make access to the invite section by invitation only :dabs:I agree, as long as mods can sell the invites to the invite section. :whistling

That goes without saying :sly:

bilkenter
07-10-2008, 09:35 AM
is this discussion affect the way things will be later? If so let us know so that i can defend my statement about why having access to invitation section must be easier...Will we have a outcome here? let us know pls

Barbarossa
07-10-2008, 11:12 AM
Probably not, no. :dabs:

bilkenter
07-10-2008, 11:19 AM
then i shall not say anything :) thanks for info

wevotedno
07-10-2008, 11:21 AM
I dont see why not Barbarossa... You guys need to make a decision sooner or later. It's like a playgound in the invites section

Barbarossa
07-10-2008, 12:35 PM
Personally I don't think we should have an invites section, but there you go.

Invites should be shared with people you know and like. Not random strangers who just happen to want them and have something that you want in return.

Where's the privacy in that? The whole tragic truth about private trackers is that the "private" part of it was a way to avoid detection from the RIAA, MPAA and similar authorities, but if people are swapping invites and accounts willy-nilly with Joe Bloggs from the internetz, then that security is non-existent.

The trouble is now private trackers are seen as exclusive clubs that it's cool to be seen to be a member of. It's a long way from the original ideals of filesharing, that's for sure.

bilkenter
07-10-2008, 12:39 PM
I dont quite think so, yeah they are exclusive part but at least i would luv to be a part of smt that i can use really. I mean i heard that e.... is for old music and so forth... But i really have no use for it, even if it is level 99, i wouldnt bother asking for it, but tt and elektro, i can use actually cuz of content rather than being exclusive club... For the invites part, at first it might seem that people are there for invites, but after a while, rather than invites, trackers and so forth, you start talking with the people you invited, you get to know them as the time passes by... I think invite sharing may be a key to a good friendship. my personal opinion though

Barbarossa
07-10-2008, 12:41 PM
Yeah, but you might want to get hold of that level 99 so you can trade it for something else in the future that you do want ;)

bilkenter
07-10-2008, 12:44 PM
Yeah you are definitely right. There is also possibility that you might lose both cuz of trading... Anyway there is one more thing i would luv to add, I dont know what f... or other sites like honestly...This is why, we have to choose what we want via levels... Wouldnt it be better to let people join ftn or any other site for a temporary period? like half an hour or so, so that i can make my mind whether i want it or not... or whether i need it or not... Spammer :)

edit: some people might be chosen by some to tell us what they experienced there...

Barbarossa
07-10-2008, 12:48 PM
Well that's a decision for the trackers themselves really, isn't it.

bilkenter
07-10-2008, 12:55 PM
Yeap it is, but following a path blindly sucks :) my friend is gonna invite me to f.., but i am not really sure whether i really need it or not. I cant decide whether it is necessary for me to join. I mean i have some accounts with 1 tb buffer, i probably wont be able to download that much. On the another hand, if i refuse the invitation and say hey someone better than me might need it since i have no use for it, would i be seen as stupid? What shall i do? shall i join or not? it is just too complex actually to decide what u need, i am only sure of 2 thing i might need, tt and elek... i am getting elektro this month thanks to my friend. However, definitely not sure about f... or any other f...

edit: also is it like any other sites? i mean it appears on ftn first then goes to other sites isnt it?.. Or do they have stuff that no other site has?

yevgeny
07-10-2008, 01:27 PM
It's a long way from the original ideals of filesharing, that's for sure.

+1
As much as trackers have improved technologically from their humble beginnings they've lost the core element that started it in the first place and become almost service orientated as opposed to a closed group of people with similar interests that not many people knew or cared about.

SaviouR
07-10-2008, 01:27 PM
i personally think right now its fine as it is . after all FST is an excellent public forum for many inexperienced and the ol' school torrenters out there to discuss and help each other .

its not 2005-2006 where scammers where in abundance .nowadays in invite section , out of 20 threads , around 15 are giveaways and most of the people here do believe in helping in each other out and have fun .

This is not a "ultr4-secr3t-l33tz0r-Z0mFG level 10000 !! " torrent site , this is after-all a public forum , so making access to invitation section harder doesnt make much sense IMHO . agreed , many do come only for the purpose for the invites section but at this particular stage i see no problem really as to why it should be made harder for the newbies to gain access . one month condition to gain access seems perfect at this particular point of time unless some drastic cases of scamming happens in a couple of days .

FST atm is fine as it is . The last thing i probably want to see in the torrent world is FST accounts/invites traded elsewhere becos they are "rare" and "harder to get" becos they have criteria of 5-6 months to get into FST invite section .And then we will hear "i want to get into FST becos of community":ermm: .they suddenly realize that community is good just becos it became harder to get in :dabs: . irrespective of rarity and crap like that, FST is a fantastic community for all type of torrenters . making it harder to get will only get the situation worse IMHO.

Something Else
07-10-2008, 02:17 PM
then i shall not say anything :) thanks for info

I dont quite think so, yeah they are exclusive part but at least i would luv to be a part of smt that i can use really. I mean i heard that e.... is for old music and so forth... But i really have no use for it, even if it is level 99, i wouldnt bother asking for it, but tt and elektro, i can use actually cuz of content rather than being exclusive club... For the invites part, at first it might seem that people are there for invites, but after a while, rather than invites, trackers and so forth, you start talking with the people you invited, you get to know them as the time passes by... I think invite sharing may be a key to a good friendship. my personal opinion though

Yeah you are definitely right. There is also possibility that you might lose both cuz of trading... Anyway there is one more thing i would luv to add, I dont know what f... or other sites like honestly...This is why, we have to choose what we want via levels... Wouldnt it be better to let people join ftn or any other site for a temporary period? like half an hour or so, so that i can make my mind whether i want it or not... or whether i need it or not... Spammer :)

edit: some people might be chosen by some to tell us what they experienced there...

Yeap it is, but following a path blindly sucks :) my friend is gonna invite me to f.., but i am not really sure whether i really need it or not. I cant decide whether it is necessary for me to join. I mean i have some accounts with 1 tb buffer, i probably wont be able to download that much. On the another hand, if i refuse the invitation and say hey someone better than me might need it since i have no use for it, would i be seen as stupid? What shall i do? shall i join or not? it is just too complex actually to decide what u need, i am only sure of 2 thing i might need, tt and elek... i am getting elektro this month thanks to my friend. However, definitely not sure about f... or any other f...

edit: also is it like any other sites? i mean it appears on ftn first then goes to other sites isnt it?.. Or do they have stuff that no other site has?

Changed your mind again so quickly.....I can't recall such a poor attempt at not saying anything.

bilkenter
07-10-2008, 02:19 PM
you are right, but topic wasnt around whether invite section shall be much more harder to have access or not. But i agree you are right, i shall learn when to shut up :) or open a spam section :D

stoi
07-10-2008, 05:58 PM
Personally I don't think we should have an invites section, but there you go.

Invites should be shared with people you know and like. Not random strangers who just happen to want them and have something that you want in return.

Where's the privacy in that? The whole tragic truth about private trackers is that the "private" part of it was a way to avoid detection from the RIAA, MPAA and similar authorities, but if people are swapping invites and accounts willy-nilly with Joe Bloggs from the internetz, then that security is non-existent.

The trouble is now private trackers are seen as exclusive clubs that it's cool to be seen to be a member of. It's a long way from the original ideals of filesharing, that's for sure.

I couldnt agree more, but and this is a big but, i hear ppl say, FST wouldnt be FST without the invites section, then i hear the staff say, We have other sections you know, but they still would never get rid of the invite section, because it does make FST what it is, like it or not. (its what gets people throgh the doors and signing up if nothing else).

The way invites should work is, get rid of the stupid LVL list, that just clouds everyone judgement anyway.

Member signs up to a private tracker (one that opens regularly) another member from another tracker, spots them and invites them to their tracker, they do well, they get invited to another tracker and so on.

so everyones invite tree on every tracker, should have the same ppl in it. (or most of the same people in it).

But what tends to happen is, once a member has got into a lvl 5 tracker or whatever, they forget all about the open trackers, so they forget thier roots. and they just invite anyone on here with a giveaway, and take SS and Speed tests as gospel truths.

then the inviter doesnt even use the account, or gets banned for cheating.

It will never change though, so we are just blowing hot air just talking about it.

Sonnentier
07-11-2008, 02:46 AM
Where's the privacy in that? The whole tragic truth about private trackers is that the "private" part of it was a way to avoid detection from the RIAA, MPAA and similar authorities, but if people are swapping invites and accounts willy-nilly with Joe Bloggs from the internetz, then that security is non-existent.a) create your own darknet, but you will have to struggle with the lack of content
b) you can get in touch with something over internetz so agents can as well

Only advancement over ThePirateBay is that it's not so well known. The average user doesn't pirate stuff off [include private site].
This makes closed portals a secondary problem. First problem is where most of the revenue goes missing.

wevotedno
07-11-2008, 04:49 AM
you are right, but topic wasnt around whether invite section shall be much more harder to have access or not. But i agree you are right, i shall learn when to shut up :) or open a spam section :D

This is exactly what i mean...

Yesterday your count was 701 posts and today, less than 24 hours later your posts are close to 900.

Why do you spam the board? Half of your posts are not needed + you tend to repeat yourself.

Maybe the mods should create a spam section and call it bilkenter's spam n' bits" or something like that.

:yup:

Skiz
07-11-2008, 05:31 AM

Yesterday your count was 701 posts and today, less than 24 hours later your posts are close to 900.

Why do you spam the board? Half of your posts are not needed + you tend to repeat yourself.

Maybe the mods should create a spam section and call it bilkenter's spam n' bits" or something like that.

Why not just put him on your ignore list? Several members already have. :whistling

apextwin146
07-11-2008, 05:43 AM
personally i don't think we should have an invites section, but there you go.

Where's the privacy in that? The whole tragic truth about private trackers is that the "private" part of it was a way to avoid detection from the riaa, mpaa and similar authorities, but if people are swapping invites and accounts willy-nilly with joe bloggs from the internetz, then that security is non-existent.

i couldnt agree more, but and this is a big but, i hear ppl say, fst wouldnt be fst without the invites section, then i hear the staff say, we have other sections you know, but they still would never get rid of the invite section, because it does make fst what it is, like it or not. (its what gets people throgh the doors and signing up if nothing else).

The way invites should work is, get rid of the stupid lvl list, that just clouds everyone judgement anyway.

Member signs up to a private tracker (one that opens regularly) another member from another tracker, spots them and invites them to their tracker, they do well, they get invited to another tracker and so on.

So everyones invite tree on every tracker, should have the same ppl in it. (or most of the same people in it).

But what tends to happen is, once a member has got into a lvl 5 tracker or whatever, they forget all about the open trackers, so they forget thier roots. And they just invite anyone on here with a giveaway, and take ss and speed tests as gospel truths.

Then the inviter doesnt even use the account, or gets banned for cheating.

It will never change though, so we are just blowing hot air just talking about it.
fact!

bilkenter
07-11-2008, 08:17 AM

Why not just put him on your ignore list? Several members already have. :whistling

good to hear :D how can we put some on ignore 2? just curious not that i would ignore any voice or smt
Dude also, my posts are counted 2 or 3 times. Dunno why but i havent posted 60 messages at all, at most 15 a day

wevotedno
07-11-2008, 10:23 AM

thanx for the tip S. Done.

Skiz
07-11-2008, 10:29 AM

good to hear :D how can we put some on ignore 2? just curious not that i would ignore any voice or smt
Dude also, my posts are counted 2 or 3 times. Dunno why but i havent posted 60 messages at all, at most 15 a day

:blink:

No they aren't. Look at your past posts.

You posted 78 times just yesterday.

bilkenter
07-11-2008, 10:31 AM
really?:blink::wacko: i will check them right now :S 78 is too much damn :S

in total 66

Skiz
07-11-2008, 11:32 AM

in total 66

No. It was 78. :dabs:

bilkenter
07-11-2008, 11:39 AM
I checked it again, it still seems 66, then it jumps to 7th of this month which was before i got banned.Anyway no need to argue, 78 or 66 doesnt matter. The fact is i post more than others post, no denying that

lynx
07-11-2008, 01:11 PM

in total 66

No. It was 78. :dabs:

I checked it again, it still seems 66, then it jumps to 7th of this month which was before i got banned.Anyway no need to argue, 78 or 66 doesnt matter. The fact is i post more than others post, no denying that
Different time zones, so his "yesterday" is different from yours.

bilkenter
07-11-2008, 01:15 PM
oh yeah you are right, thanks m8