PDA

View Full Version : A question about pish samples

The Flying Cow
07-10-2008, 12:33 PM
I had some medical tests done today for my new upcoming job, but I don't know if I'm going to pass them, I'll tell ye why.

The guy told me to bring with me the morning's urine in a small bottle. I asked my brother to provide, as he's as clean as anyone, and I broke my fasting by having a few tokes from 2 spliffs on tuesday night. The medical exam was this morning (Thursday morning).

Anyway, all was fine until the lady, upon getting my brother's pish sample, asked me for a second sample, after proferring me a tiny vial to fill.

My question is: can the doctors tell it's my brother's vs. my piss? AKA: Does two different person's pish (even if brothers) look very different? Can it be identified as being from two different people? (positive cannabinoids/THC aside)

Please reply with some degree of sincerity if you know about this matter, as I'm really worried (in fact more worried) that they find out I was lying by giving my brother's pish than that they see the second sample has THC in it.

Regards,
-Sherman

apextwin146
07-10-2008, 12:52 PM
i had this done once ... no problems in pish as its "drained out" in around three days i think

The Flying Cow
07-10-2008, 01:01 PM
I meant if I gave a pish sample from me brother, and then I pished some myself after they asked - can they tell it's from two different people? (THC/whatever aside)

-Sherman

apextwin146
07-10-2008, 03:42 PM
yeah man DUH!!! .. y did u give them ur own sample afterwards??

devilsadvocate
07-10-2008, 03:48 PM
Unless they do a DNA test then I can't see how they could tell genetically, but just from visual there is no way of telling as your own urine will look different throughout the day depending on what's in your body.

If the second sample is taken to catch out cheaters such as yourself you are probably busted. You could get lucky if you are clean, but if your sample contains traces and your brother's does not chances are they will put 2 & 2 together and get 4.
A lot depends on what the company pays for in regards to the tests and what that second sample is for. Some tests are far more comprehensive.

The lesson here is if you do drugs don't apply for employment with a company that requires testing.

I have no problem with your habit, I would not do drugs myself but see no difference between pot and alcohol consumption as long as you don't drive or cause a disturbance etc. under the influence.
I do have a conflict with company drink drug policies. On the one hand as long as you don't turn up for work under the influence, and I mean it's out of your system and doesn't affect your performance or judgment, then what you do in your own time should be of no concern to the company. On the other hand I believe a company should have every right to decide what sort of employee they want.
In your case it's not just the drug usage policy you are breaking, you are also dishonest and therefore not attractive as an employee.

I'm not trying to be combative here or even judgmental, just pointing out a few home truths.

Barbarossa
07-10-2008, 03:52 PM
Unless your brother is pregnant you should be OK ;)

bigboab
07-10-2008, 04:47 PM
Most places are just testing to see if you suffer from Diabetes. If you used your brothers sample to get the all clear on a urine drug test then there may be problems if you have been taking drugs. If the second sample is not clear then problems will arise. If one of you just happens to have Diabetes they will be asking why the sudden onset or the sudden disappearance.

Some recreational drugs take over 3 months to get out off your system. If the second test is not clear then they will assume that you have taken drugs between the two samples. Not a good sign.:(

The Flying Cow
07-10-2008, 07:53 PM
Well I didn't smoke much as I've generally stopped stoning since around February, for lack of funds and also for a general drop in interest.

Thing is, I am scheduled to start working 28th July (if all goes well with this medical situation), so I starting holidaying/"partying" early July (whole of June I was already relaxing), as I know that when work starts (fulltime) I won't have any more horiday time.

As many of my ex-schoolmates are stoners, even if I don't smoke, occasionally I take a toke here or there. That's what happened on Tuesday, even though I had already been informed that I had to bring along a sample of my piss for the medical test on Thursday. I just thought I'd ask my brother and that was the end of that.

In any case, if they do find cannabinoids in the second sample, I can just tell them as I was going there I saw a mate and he had a spliff, so I took a few tokes.

Truth be told I'm not a cannabis user myself anymore, just a sporadic "curious" person.

I just hope that they don't disregard me, whatever happens. I mean, I've been waiting and expecting this job for more than a month now. It would be real shitty if they just didn't hire me because of such a minor hiccup.

Oh well, I'll just have to wait and see.

-Sherman

chalice
07-10-2008, 08:21 PM
Chances are, the small amount of THC you've consumed won't turn up. Hope so, mate. Sincerely.

Why didn't you post this pre-emptively in the lounge before hand? We may be a bunch of cunts, but you'll invariably get some sort of coherent answer eventually.

I would have told you to grow your thumbnail prior to the interview. You can stick your thumbnail in a bleach based washing detergent before you leave the house. When they summon you for an impromptu urine test, you piss on your thumb as it goes into the receptacle. This will nullify the urine test and you will be called back for another one because the sample will be negated. Giving you time to wash out your system, like.

apextwin146
07-10-2008, 08:32 PM
^ woh!!!! r u sure abt this mate ...

chalice
07-10-2008, 08:36 PM
Sure as a sure thing.

Bleach bleaches things. Pish included, like.

The Flying Cow
07-12-2008, 04:09 PM
Yeah I hope so too mate. Thing is on Monday afternoon at the beach we had two hybrid jack herrer spliffs and that night another two. (Not just between me and a mate, it was a few of us, but I did manage to get around 13 or so tokes then, and at night it was just me and a mate (was his burfday and that), so that was a couple more tokes (say, 15ish?)).

In any case, from the literature it looks to me like 3 days or so is enuff to nullify the effects if you're not a regular smoker. As I said, it was on and off last 2 or so weeks, but until that jack herrer bud turned up it was very little. Just remembered if I smoked (even if it was a very small amount) on Tuesday night (aka first hours of Wednesday morning) and the test was on Thursday at 10:30ish am, then chances are the THC was still there.

I'm just hoping to hell I get it. The job pays very well, and I have a humungous credit debt to pay off (4-figures, in €). However, being honest as I can be it doesn't look too pretty on my end. They'll see the cannabinoids on the second sample, and they'll see the sample I brought in the morning doesn't have them.

I don't think they'll even bother inquiring.

-Sherman

eram
07-14-2008, 07:32 PM
it is right that after ca. 3 days thc wont be in your urine anymore and after even less in your blood . it depends on what substances they did test your urine for to know if both samples were yours . if they compare the amount of eg urea and the difference is huge they will know that there is something wrong.
i think its really strange that they did not tell you for what kind of stuff they want to test you!
wish you luck mate !

The Flying Cow
07-18-2008, 11:17 AM
They called me the day before yesterday, saying that I passed the medical tests but they didn't have any spare slots for me in the company.

:blink:

In other words, they didn't take nicely to the cannabinoids in my bloodstream.

Thus I remain an unemployed fooker. :unsure:

-Sherman

Barbarossa
07-18-2008, 11:24 AM
They called me the day before yesterday, saying that I passed the medical tests but they didn't have any spare slots for me in the company.

:blink:

In other words, they didn't take nicely to the cannabinoids in my bloodstream.

Thus I remain an unemployed fooker. :unsure:

-Sherman

Hmmm, either that or you passed the medical tests but they didn't have any spare slots for you in the company. :dabs:

IdolEyes787
07-18-2008, 11:35 AM
Considering your "history" I'm sure you could find work as a mule.

The Flying Cow
07-18-2008, 01:09 PM
Somehow that sounds too high-risk.

Not to mention the notion of shoving such items up my rear makes me grimace with fear.

-Sherman

devilsadvocate
07-18-2008, 02:00 PM
Somehow that sounds too high-risk.

Not to mention the notion of shoving such items up my rear makes me grimace with fear.

-Sherman

I admit I know almost nothing on the methods such people employ but isn't the hetero method to swallow the items? :unsure: