PDA

View Full Version : Song Called "do You Call My Name"

dmorgan89
08-17-2003, 03:56 AM
has anyone heard of this song. I think it's been out for a while and i've been listening to it and it's pretty awesome. i kinda wish another band sang it because the lyrics and the person sings a little too high in this song that kinda ruins it, but the opening is the best i've ever heard. the rock and the beat in it is awesome. I've also never heard this band b4. post and tell me what you think abou this song and the band.

Celerystalksme
08-17-2003, 04:09 AM
Will give it a listen...

Adster
08-17-2003, 05:19 AM
yeah me too

dmorgan89
08-17-2003, 06:39 AM
what do you guys think. I think it has great sound, but i just don't like the singing and the chorus all that much.

Celerystalksme
08-17-2003, 06:45 AM
Used kazaa to download it...cept got a f*cked up version...downloading a proper version off soulseek now...will give it a listen straight away...

Celerystalksme
08-17-2003, 06:56 AM
Just had a listen then...sounds are awsome...sounds like excalabour *or how ever ya spell it* in the background...sounds really nice...vocals need a touch of improvement...other than that...they will have a great future...

Adster
08-17-2003, 07:34 AM
yeah nice but vocals dissapointing

Used kazaa to download it...cept got a f*cked up version...downloading a proper version off soulseek now...will give it a listen straight away...

Are you still a noob? :lol:

Celerystalksme
08-17-2003, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by Hogster@17 August 2003 - 17:34
yeah nice but vocals dissapointing

Are you still a noob? :lol:
*whacks over the head with empty jack daniels bottle* :D

dont back chat :P

Celerystalksme
08-18-2003, 10:20 AM
Yeah downloaded their album now...was alright...nothing making it stand out of the crowd...but still worth a listen...maybe a few...

dmorgan89
08-19-2003, 12:05 AM
yeah i love the sound, just too many high notes for a rock song. doesn't work for them. how's the rest of their album. I haven't listened to any other of their songs.

Celerystalksme
08-19-2003, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by dmorgan89@19 August 2003 - 10:05
yeah i love the sound, just too many high notes for a rock song. doesn't work for them. how's the rest of their album. I haven't listened to any other of their songs.
The have a similar sound to audioslave in most of the album...the song Do You Call My Name was different *and well done in my opinion*...But yeah the album is really growing on me...never knew it came out last year...before Audioslave aswell...

The difference was that Audioslave had the hype about them and yeah look who the members are...it was the reason why their album hit no7 on the billboard charts where as RA hit 154 on the charts...yet in my eyes they are pretty even...

But yeah i reckon you get the album....its well worth a listen...Go down to where i reviewed it for the tracklist on the following link HERE (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=54258&st=480)

Jayhawk
08-19-2003, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by Celerystalksme@18 August 2003 - 10:20
Yeah downloaded their album now...was alright...nothing making it stand out of the crowd...but still worth a listen...maybe a few...
you d/l from me off of SS Celery

yeah it is really good i have heard them on the radio before but the other songs on the cd are really good i recommend d/l it or buying the cd depending on the person

Celerystalksme
08-19-2003, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by KwahyaJ+19 August 2003 - 11:10--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (KwahyaJ @ 19 August 2003 - 11:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Celerystalksme@18 August 2003 - 10:20

yeah it is really good i have heard them on the radio before but the other songs on the cd are really good i recommend d/l it or buying the cd depending on the person [/b][/quote]
Oh yeah i did too *took me a while to remember who i took it off...but now i remember* :D :lol: :lol: :D

and if ya want butterfly effects New CD *thats if you havent got it off anyone else...i&#39;ve got it shared *its called Begins Here*

Jayhawk
08-19-2003, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by Celerystalksme+19 August 2003 - 01:13--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Celerystalksme @ 19 August 2003 - 01:13)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by KwahyaJ@19 August 2003 - 11:10
<!--QuoteBegin-Celerystalksme@18 August 2003 - 10:20

yeah it is really good i have heard them on the radio before but the other songs on the cd are really good i recommend d/l it or buying the cd depending on the person
Oh yeah i did too *took me a while to remember who i took it off...but now i remember* :D :lol: :lol: :D

and if ya want butterfly effects New CD *thats if you havent got it off anyone else...i&#39;ve got it shared *its called Begins Here* [/b][/quote]
ok i will check which one i have dont know for sure but yeah i will want it if i have the old one