PDA

View Full Version : If anyone knows brokenstones staff

Brandon
07-11-2008, 04:29 PM
If you know where to find the brokenstones staff, have them contact me ASAP.

It has to do with them getting their DB and code and saving the site.

DannyGnXz
07-11-2008, 04:44 PM
Might be best to contact them on their irc channel:

irc.p2p-network.net

#vortexnetwork

Polarbear
07-11-2008, 04:54 PM

please don't quote me on this, but i remember to have read somewhere that the db was lost.

with vortexnetwork we have a very promising new tracker by the way. former bs members are migrating there very fast. i guess you can also find a lot of bs staff there.

dunson
07-11-2008, 05:36 PM

please don't quote me on this, but i remember to have read somewhere that the db was lost.

with vortexnetwork we have a very promising new tracker by the way. former bs members are migrating there very fast. i guess you can also find a lot of bs staff there.

Check the news at FTN. ;)

Good shit B!

:D

lostdemon
07-11-2008, 05:42 PM
Check the news at FTN. ;)

That is really good news and will make every member over there very happy.

Polarbear
07-11-2008, 06:00 PM

allright, the news on ftn brings a whole new light on that issue, i guess i was wrong about the db.

soulreaper
07-11-2008, 06:04 PM
You could always contact KrazyAlpha from UG or BG, I guess he was a staff member at BS.

Brandon
07-11-2008, 07:54 PM
Might be best to contact them on their irc channel:

irc.p2p-network.net

#vortexnetwork

I would love to do that, however the administration of that network will not allow me to be on it. So if you could have them come to me, that would be great :)

You could always contact KrazyAlpha from UG or BG, I guess he was a staff member at BS.

I'm not sure what UG or BG are, so I can already tell you I'm not on them, so I can't reach them from there :ermm:

Well, I'm pretty sure the reason BS shut down was because they lost their code and DB. I'm sure this new site will be great, and I'll definitely be a part of it, however I fell in love with BS and would really like to see it survive as well. I'd bet that if the BS staff had the code and DB in hand (which they can) they would continue operation. I really need to speak to them ASAP though because I believe this window of opportunity is limited in time.

DannyGnXz
07-11-2008, 08:16 PM
Brandon, can you PM me your email address so i can forward it to staff over there?

or let me know the best way for you 2 to connect.

Brandon
07-12-2008, 03:38 AM
Brandon, can you PM me your email address so i can forward it to staff over there?

or let me know the best way for you 2 to connect.

PM'd.

respawn40
07-12-2008, 03:47 AM
UG is Underground Gamer and BG is bitGamer.

markupmaster
07-12-2008, 04:22 AM
Great News!

:yahoo:

fr3x3r
07-12-2008, 04:41 AM
Yeah, Surprise News!

wankady
07-12-2008, 12:51 PM
Good luck in getting brokenstones going again! I truly loved that site. It's one of the few sites that always put a smile on my face when I logged in. :)

Ali-g
07-12-2008, 01:06 PM
Ud bet it... great
Hope everything goes well

Swift
07-12-2008, 01:13 PM
Good luck in getting brokenstones going again! I truly loved that site. It's one of the few sites that always put a smile on my face when I logged in. :)

I don`t think it`s about brokenstones ... do you feel me ?:whistling

The Flying Cow
07-12-2008, 01:32 PM
No I don't feel you.

-Sherman

DannyGnXz
07-12-2008, 01:34 PM
You may not be able to restart BrokenStones, but with access to the user database you will be able to send out a mass email informing them about the new VortexNetwork which has started up.

To Brandon, I forwarded the irc info to them as you requested.

Swift
07-12-2008, 02:50 PM
it`s about getting back the DB

Brandon
07-12-2008, 04:12 PM
You may not be able to restart BrokenStones, but with access to the user database you will be able to send out a mass email informing them about the new VortexNetwork which has started up.

To Brandon, I forwarded the irc info to them as you requested.

Awesome :) Hope to hear from them soon.
If they don't want to get BS back up, I'll be more than happy to get it going for whichever former staff want to continue with it. No offense to vortextracker, but BS has history.

xJohnxSmithx
07-12-2008, 06:36 PM
Ah hell ya Brandon!
Brokenstones is one of the most neccessary trackers i use being a Mac head for the last 10 years. If you can pull this off you are even more da man than you are now :P
The best of luck
cheers

markupmaster
07-12-2008, 08:27 PM
B comes to the rescue!

:yahoo:

wankady
07-12-2008, 11:18 PM
I agree that Brokenstones has history! I joined years ago and at first mainly used it to acquire mac programs for my friends until I picked up one of my own and then it was heaven!

deadalive1
07-12-2008, 11:27 PM
I agree that Brokenstones has history! I joined years ago and at first mainly used it to acquire mac programs for my friends until I picked up one of my own and then it was heaven!

Agreed, that it does. I hope something can be worked out.

Brandon
07-13-2008, 12:14 AM
Well the window of opportunity is closing, and I've heard nothing from anyone from BS.

Was worth a try. Guess I thought the BS staff would care a bit more than this :-/

deadalive1
07-13-2008, 12:26 AM
Well the window of opportunity is closing, and I've heard nothing from anyone from BS.

Was worth a try. Guess I thought the BS staff would care a bit more than this :-/

Cmon BS staff, the man is trying to help which in turn will help the rest of us who enjoyed your site. :frusty:

SgtMajor
07-13-2008, 12:44 AM

I don't think it is a matter of "not caring", they did say, and make it known, there would never, ever be any reincarnation of BS in any form whatsoever and what was has gone forever.

Now you being who you are I might have thought there might have been some bending of that, obviously not - sadly.

Don't take it personally, just take it as them sticking to their word.

Brandon
07-13-2008, 12:59 AM

I don't think it is a matter of "not caring", they did say, and make it known, there would never, ever be any reincarnation of BS in any form whatsoever and what was has gone forever.

Now you being who you are I might have thought there might have been some bending of that, obviously not - sadly.

Don't take it personally, just take it as them sticking to their word.

Well that's too bad. Remind me not to pull personal favors for other sites in the future. Hope you guys all used proxies, they turn the servers over to the legal dept. this week I believe. Gotta love the US putting pressure on poor countries :/

Anyways, lock this I suppose.

UltraUser
07-13-2008, 01:12 AM
Come on, I find all of this hard to beleive...
It isn't remotedly hard to find them, irc.vortexnetwork.org #vortexnetwork...

Anybody really wanting to contact the staff could do so almost instantly.

Brandon
07-13-2008, 01:20 AM

As I said before. I don't know anything about vortextracker. I'll have an invite soon thanks to polarbear. As I also said, I cannot join that irc as it's run on a network that is owned by someone who has personal issues with me. I will get banned from the irc before I can even say a word to anyone. It's not worth it.

If you truly don't think i'm being serious, how do you think I got ftn's DB?
It was an attempt to save a site that I used more than any other and cared a lot about due to it's unique nature. I was only trying to help.

buggyfresh
07-13-2008, 01:48 AM
Very good effort there Brandon as Sgt said they did say it wouldn't be back up..I get teh feeling that maybe staffers there had a difference of opinions and hence Vortex, which does look great for something not a week old.

AS to proxies..well I hope the US members did use them!

SgtMajor
07-13-2008, 02:05 AM

It also works in reverse, and they are aware of the situation and if they really wanted to help, then they would step up to the plate, but it seems they prefer for it to die altogether, which is a shame.

Still, onwards & upwards, nothing ventured nothing gained, one can only try one's best.

markupmaster
07-13-2008, 02:07 AM
This is a shame..

BrokenStones was great from what I've heard.

:dabs:

Brandon
07-13-2008, 02:13 AM
Well, I did join irc after I noticed it was hosted on whatcd's network (which I have no issues with their staff) and spoke to one of the vortextracker staff but it still looks like this is going to be a wild goose chase.

Sorry if I got anyones hopes up. I'm still shocked I was able to get FTN's server back, although my friend over there (malaysia) did pretty much say we broke no laws. Just the US trying to pull another piratebay by sending threats. Regardless I did wipe FTN's old server to be safe :P

I will say though, vortextracker looks to have a lot of potential, and staff seem very friendly. So at least us mac users aren't totally out in the cold.

I do miss BS though :(

bblogs
07-13-2008, 06:54 AM
Well, if there's a positive to be drawn out of all of this, it's a bunch of happy staff at VortexTracker :lol: :P

Mr.sharer
07-15-2008, 10:54 AM
. Regardless I did wipe FTN's old server to be safe :P

a member says they have their old db back . so which is one is true ?:wacko:

Swift
07-15-2008, 12:23 PM
the old DB is back ;) and the old accounts 6-7 weeks old

jklatham3
07-16-2008, 11:01 PM
Well, I did join irc after I noticed it was hosted on whatcd's network (which I have no issues with their staff) and spoke to one of the vortextracker staff but it still looks like this is going to be a wild goose chase.

Sorry if I got anyones hopes up. I'm still shocked I was able to get FTN's server back, although my friend over there (malaysia) did pretty much say we broke no laws. Just the US trying to pull another piratebay by sending threats. Regardless I did wipe FTN's old server to be safe :P

I will say though, vortextracker looks to have a lot of potential, and staff seem very friendly. So at least us mac users aren't totally out in the cold.

I do miss BS though :(
Brandon, I need some major help! My FTN login password is saying its a mismatch. I joined in April and have been faihfully waiting for things to get back to normal. Never used IRC chat but tried to figure out how to use it to try to get in contact with FTN support as my original invite email said to do so. Is this an isolated incident or....?? My user is same as this.

SgtMajor
07-16-2008, 11:20 PM
Brandon, I need some major help! My FTN login password is saying its a mismatch. I joined in April and have been faihfully waiting for things to get back to normal. Never used IRC chat but tried to figure out how to use it to try to get in contact with FTN support as my original invite email said to do so. Is this an isolated incident or....?? My user is same as this.

I've left a note for him to let him know about your problem.

Brandon
07-17-2008, 08:34 PM
Regarding the topic at hand, I did speak to king and BS won't be coming back (he doesn't have the time), although he is going to wipe the server so at least one good outcome came out of this.
Vortexnetwork will follow in brokenstones footsteps.

. Regardless I did wipe FTN's old server to be safe :P

a member says they have their old db back . so which is one is true ?:wacko:

I moved the old DB (the one right b4 we got shut down) over from the old server to the new server, then wiped the old server. So both are true. So to put it in easy terms, we picked up right where we left off.

Well, I can't pm you on here since you look to have PM's turned off. However your acct is still there and looks fine.
Check your bellsouth email.