PDA

View Full Version : Best Mirc Experience

bilkenter
07-13-2008, 04:41 PM
What are the best torrent sites in which you had good moments in their in their irc or forums?

For me, it is the tl mirc, since most of the stuff are active in both help and general irc channel. Most users seems to be active. Issues may vary from ...... to serious recent events. There is such a good friendly environment in which you get some awesome friends. Then later on, they kinda pay you back with their own way. For me, it was a friend called Ahmet who told me about the recent pack that got into scc. Also the way tl stuff works is really quite astonishing, i havent seen anyone got banned or kicked without a warning for requesting an invite to tl. This approach also is one of the reasons that makes me comfortable on tl mirc.

This was my experience, so lets hear yours.

markupmaster
07-13-2008, 04:44 PM
PtN and FSC IRC are always a fun place to hang out.

:)

bilkenter
07-13-2008, 04:48 PM
But damn, on ptn, it is unfortunate that it is not like tl, on tl when you are logged in, you just type your name, and you are in to irc, but i guess it isnt the case on ptn, but i will give it a try :) thanks for the suggestion

SgtMajor
07-13-2008, 04:52 PM
What are the best torrent sites in which you had good moments in their in their mirc or forums?

Issues may vary from rape to serious recent events.

That's the second time you have condescendingly and disparagingly mentioned rape as a topic and it being an acceptable form of "having a good time in irc or forum"

I think that just about sums you up perfectly, intellectually bright but mentally deranged.

bilkenter
07-13-2008, 04:54 PM
Kamon dude, dont spoil the moment here, and what is wrong with that issue anyway? I was just referring to the fact that anything can be talked on tl which is very nice. No censorship...This was all i tried to say, but if it bothers you ok will edit that part

lysine
07-13-2008, 04:55 PM
Best Mirc Experience

irc (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Relay_Chat) is the protocol.
mirc (http://www.mirc.com/) is a windows program used to chat on irc.

at least get it right.

bilkenter
07-13-2008, 04:56 PM
I was gonna say irc, then changed my mind :) but thanks for the correction

jam0980tr
07-13-2008, 05:07 PM
irc is the best way to meet so many new friends, plus that is the gate way to your trackers hint hnit!!!

respawn40
07-13-2008, 05:11 PM
I like ScL IRC; it's always pretty active.

bilkenter
07-13-2008, 05:14 PM
This thread is really great thanks to you guyz, i am getting lots of hints here :) gonna try scl and ptn and see what they are talking about right now

edit: i guess i have to learn how to use irc itself, i was using the easy method on tl to get in, type your nick and you are there, but gotta change my way of doing things i guess.

deadalive1
07-13-2008, 05:17 PM
I'm usually in 4, Rev's,Bmtv,S*t and iPodTVNova's.

bilkenter
07-13-2008, 05:18 PM
Also from now on, if you guyz tell us why you are there, it would be appreciated :) names are cool, but what i am looking for the experiences :)

deadalive1
07-13-2008, 05:19 PM
This thread is really great thanks to you guyz, i am getting lots of hints here :) gonna try scl and ptn and see what they are talking about right now

edit: i guess i have to learn how to use irc itself, i was using the easy method on tl to get in, type your nick and you are there, but gotta change my way of doing things i guess.

It's not hard at all to use a mIRC client or the IRC itself. Plenty of tutorials out there, hell most sites have them in their forum sections. :D

respawn40
07-13-2008, 05:20 PM

It shouldn't be too hard to learn; I'm sure most, if not all, of your trackers have some sort of guide that will tell you how to use an IRC client, such as mIRC.

EDIT: Pretty much what deadalive said.

bilkenter
07-13-2008, 05:22 PM

It's not hard at all to use a mIRC client or the IRC itself. Plenty of tutorials out there, hell most sites have them in their forum sections. :D

I dont generally go to forums since there is nothing much going on, but recently hanging out on ptn, and some cool things there but will give it a shot, i actually use the mirc itself when i am disabled or banned. Other than that i use the easy way to get in to irc on tl, and it is pretty cool, this is why i spend my time there too, easy to use :)

respawn40
07-13-2008, 05:44 PM
^^

LOL, you make it sound like getting disabled and banned is a regular occurence for you. And I encourage participating in IRC and forums; you get to know the other members better, and you make friends.

bilkenter
07-13-2008, 05:52 PM
Well actually i am, the first time i got into torrents, i didnt know much about it, well thanks to sgt, i got a couple of hints. Also 3 accounts of mine were given to me by my friend. So they are pruned, but for some, i am accused of having double accounts which i havent, i got banned for trying to help someone on what. I just went irc to ask them about my friends account since for some reason he couldnt, i guess he is not into irc that much 2. Anway mostly false accusation, but there are some i deserved and i dont deny it, not the first tracker but iptorrents was the one i cheated on. Well i am glad my inviter didnt get banned but he was the one offered me ratio cheating. I didnt know seedbox 2 of course. Well you get to know torrents better when you spend much time on it. I was a rapid user, now cannot quit torrent and turn into rapid for some reason :S Anyway this is pretty much my torrent life

deadalive1
07-13-2008, 05:59 PM
Well , at least you accepted responsibility for your actions and didn't try to deny it, that goes a long way for some people.

SgtMajor
07-13-2008, 05:59 PM
not the first tracker but iptorrents was the one i cheated on. Well i am glad my inviter didnt get banned but he was the one offered me ratio cheating.

:O

And he still doesn't get it does he??

/amazed (not that I should be)

IdolEyes787
07-13-2008, 06:02 PM
Just wondering how old you guys all are?
Because as much as I enjoy forums I never got to like irc.
Maybe it's a generational thing like texting.

bilkenter
07-13-2008, 06:04 PM
Well actually i dont care what happens as long as i say what i think. Even if i am not accepted to any tracker, not the end of the world for me. There is always a way. I actually only accept the first one ratio cheating. I was definitely wrong at that. But for others, in the irc, mods didnt even bothered to listen. I got my idea of those trackers except bitme. They at least showed the courtesy to listen. But for others, wont bother joining since i wasnt wrong at what i did. I did have an another account from my someone who was supposed to be a trade m8 at first, but then our friendship has grown more than ever, i am banned from bitme cuz of having double accounts. I definitely didnt have one(i had one they were the ones to tell me that i had an account named bilkenter and told me not to use it, now they blame me for having another account) anyway i wish it was a closed community where mods tried to get to know the person before judging. Anyway the point is, i always admit if i am the wrong one, but i will never admit that i am wrong when i am not. And also wont bother joining the tracker that bans me. What is the point of being a part of somewhere where you are not welcome anyway. This can be an another thread :)

not the first tracker but iptorrents was the one i cheated on. Well i am glad my inviter didnt get banned but he was the one offered me ratio cheating.

dont spam the thread, it is not about torrents . What am i supposed to get honestly? Ok i made some mistakes . There were 2, i traded at first, and i ratio cheated. For the latter one, i accepted punishment and admit that i am wrong. But for other one that is trading, i have nothing to apologize for. Why? Even though it was someoneelses account, it gave me account for free, and i saw the tracker as if it was my own family have uploaded some of my own files, have seeded etc... i havent done anything to harm the community or the tracker itself. Maybe someone may refer to what issue, i gave my account details to someone who is here among us now so that he could download some stuff he was looking for, rather than uploading them to rapid and losing time, i presented him a faster solution, maybe some of you might argue that you might have been risked the security of the tracker, you are right, but without our trust in humanity, we are nothing but savages. If i am not to trust people, How can i trust people whom i entrust my life(doctors)?

soulreaper
07-13-2008, 06:10 PM

I'm 22 and I prefer realtime chat over forums. Just that IRC is highly restrictive and I'm not really fond of it anyway. But then I guess forums can be that way too,just depends on the site. Actually Yahoo messenger and soulseek rooms are my favourites,you can be yourself without getting kicked or banned and also flame(there are times when you just wanna let go).

SgtMajor
07-13-2008, 06:13 PM
Well actually i dont care what happens as long as i say what i think. Even if i am not accepted to any tracker, not the end of the world for me. There is always a way. I actually only accept the first one ratio cheating. I was definitely wrong at that. But for others, in the irc, mods didnt even bothered to listen. I got my idea of those trackers except bitme. They at least showed the courtesy to listen. But for others, wont bother joining since i wasnt wrong at what i did. I did have an another account from my someone who was supposed to be a trade m8 at first, but then our friendship has grown more than ever, i am banned from bitme cuz of having double accounts. I definitely didnt have one(i had one they were the ones to tell me that i had an account named bilkenter and told me not to use it, now they blame me for having another account) anyway i wish it was a closed community where mods tried to get to know the person before judging. Anyway the point is, i always admit if i am the wrong one, but i will never admit that i am wrong when i am not. And also wont bother joining the tracker that bans me. What is the point of being a part of somewhere where you are not welcome anyway. This can be an another thread :)

dont spam the thread, it is not about torrents . What am i supposed to get honestly? Ok i made some mistakes . There were 2, i traded at first, and i ratio cheated. For the latter one, i accepted punishment and admit that i am wrong. But for other one that is trading, i have nothing to apologize for. Why? Even though it was someoneelses account, it gave me account for free, and i saw the tracker as if it was my own family have uploaded some of my own files, have seeded etc... i havent done anything to harm the community or the tracker itself. Maybe someone may refer to what issue, i gave my account details to someone who is here among us now so that he could download some stuff he was looking for, rather than uploading them to rapid and losing time, i presented him a faster solution, maybe some of you might argue that you might have been risked the security of the tracker, you are right, but without our trust in humanity, we are nothing but savages. If i am not to trust people, How can i trust people whom i entrust my life(doctors)?

quoted for posterity.

So let me get this straight, you ratio cheat, you traded and you share accounts.

Nothing wrong in that then right?

As I said, you still just don't get torrents.

bilkenter
07-13-2008, 06:15 PM
Quote all you want, i wont change my beliefs for some opposition, if i am banned from all trackers, doesnt matter really, i have nothing to lose

For the spamming part, ra... had nothing to do with this issue, but thanks to you, our great spammer

edit: yeah maybe i dont get torrents the way you do. Do i have to? Do you have to indoctrinate everyone to believe that you are right here?

Also you seem to believe that there is only one way, there is not a one way, there are different ways. Which one to choose is up to you... Not everyone likes to hide behind the shadow saying i am non trader non cheater etc... Also i got my great friends via honesty. All i said are my words, and i still believe what i believed earlier

IdolEyes787
07-13-2008, 06:18 PM
I'm 22 and I prefer realtime chat over forums. Just that IRC is highly restrictive and I'm not really fond of it anyway. But then I guess forums can be that way too,just depends on the site. Actually Yahoo messenger and soulseek rooms are my favourites,you can be yourself without getting kicked or banned and also flame(there are times when you just wanna let go).

That's why I like FST .As long as you more or less follow the rules and show some respect for the other members the staff don't give you a hard time.

SgtMajor
07-13-2008, 06:19 PM
Quote all you want, i wont change my beliefs for some opposition, if i am banned from all trackers, doesnt matter really, i have nothing to lose

You have everything to lose, torrenting wise that is, you really are better off with RS & usenet.

For an intellectual, you are really not very street savvy.

Eventually, they catch up to you, and staff members are here reading & noting our actions, and I bet your PTN account, for one, doesn't last much longer.

It might not be today, it might not be tomorrow, it might not even be next week, but it will happen in time believe me.

bilkenter
07-13-2008, 06:22 PM
Well for clarification, my ptn account is the same for here, if i am banned, i will probably be upset, but not the end of the world for me.

Edit: Also i am not afraid of ban, i say what i think, if i am to be punished for my beliefs, Then torrenting isnt for me indeed.

Wont say a word from now on cuz of you dont wanna get banned from here

One more thing, also if i am to be punished for my past deeds, indeed go ahead

soulreaper
07-13-2008, 06:30 PM
Well for clarification, my ptn account is the same for here, if i am banned, i will probably be upset, but not the end of the world for me.

Edit: Also i am not afraid of ban, i say what i think, if i am to be punished for my beliefs, Then torrenting isnt for me indeed.

You're not doing yourself a whole bunch of favours by constantly arguing when you've already admitted to cheating. That's a very serious offense torrenting wise(we know you dont give a shit but still.).

Maybe you should just step back,drink some cold water and rethink what you're doing right now.It's your adrenaline thats talkin right now bro,take it easy,you might even lose your FST acct(surely you care about that dont you?)

bilkenter
07-13-2008, 06:34 PM
What does fst account have smt to do with what i did in the past? I can easily point out 50 guyz here, 50 guyz who cheated and hiding somewhere here. What shall i do? deny what i did? I honestly luv torrents, some for communities some for packs etc, but i cant lie knowing what i did sorry. I have a friend who has ratio cheated on ftn and still has his account. This is the mentality i would like to see here. Not that i am saying i hate opposition and so forth, i am glad there is opposition, i just want others to be able to see it from someoneelses perspective, that is it

SgtMajor
07-13-2008, 06:36 PM

Wont say a word from now on cuz of you dont wanna get banned from here

One more thing, also if i am to be punished for my past deeds, indeed go ahead

Seriously, it is not because of me, you give me too much credit & credence, I have no more say here, or anywhere, than you, you take the actions and responsibilities for yourself as no-one forces you to do anything you don't want to do.

All I do is highlight the seriously bad torrenting attitude you have so as no others will follow in your footsteps, my way is not the only way, your way is not the only wrong way, but what you do is set the wrong example and that has to be shown to be not the way to do things.

respawn40
07-13-2008, 06:41 PM
IdolEyes, I prefer IRC over forums, because I feel it's easier to communicate when you don't have to keep hitting F5 -.- But, then again, I'm only 14. So, maybe it is a generational thing:P

EDIT: BTW, Bilkenter, you can believe whatever you want. But it's probably best to keep them to yourself when you're on a private tracker. It's owned by someone, and they have the right to do with you as they see fit. It may be fair, it may not; but that's how it is.

markupmaster
07-13-2008, 06:50 PM
Erm..bilkenter

I think your account at PtN just got disabled...

respawn40
07-13-2008, 06:51 PM
Erm..bilkenter

I think your account at PtN just got disabled...

Are you serious ? :lol:

markupmaster
07-13-2008, 06:52 PM
Yeah,He's disabled...

bilkenter
07-13-2008, 06:53 PM
Oh too bad, i am really upset now, but doesnt matter, i will still say what i think, History will be onto you, anyway Russian revolution has also occured the same way...It is not hard to get into back too, reset your modem, get an invite which i can easily get, but wont Thanks for informing me dude

respawn40
07-13-2008, 06:53 PM
I think that's the wrong attitude, Bilkenter =/ You're treating trackers as if they have no value, whatsoever.

soulreaper
07-13-2008, 07:02 PM
Oh too bad, i am really upset now, but doesnt matter, i will still say what i think, History will be onto you, anyway Russian revolution has also occured the same way...It is not hard to get into back too, reset your modem, get an invite which i can easily get, but wont Thanks for informing me dude

Cmon man,say you're completely drunk right now. I know you've had way too much Molotov Cocktease. Say you're completely sloshed right now,cmon!

bilkenter
07-13-2008, 07:04 PM
I think that's the wrong attitude, Bilkenter =/ You're treating trackers as if they have no value, whatsoever.
Kamon we both know that is not the case. But wont bother proving myself since i am sick of being have to prove myself. If they think that i dont care about my trackers, then so be it, that just means they dont care about users either

Cmon man,say you're completely drunk right now. I know you've had way too much Molotov Cocktease. Say you're completely sloshed right now,cmon!

Nope, i did what i did with my own intention and free will, i have nothing to apologize for. Thanks dude. I am not gonna cry and try to prove myself. If they think so, let them know so. There are things that i can say here to damage reputation of some, but wont bother since i am done with it

deadalive1
07-13-2008, 07:12 PM
Bilkenter you are digging a hole you cannot get out of. Better to just keep your views to yourself. At the rate you are going you won't have an account here anymore either. Speaking one's mind is a good thing, but knowing when and where to voice an opinion is even more important, you seem to lack that judgment.

tknaught
07-13-2008, 07:12 PM
i will still say what i think, History will be onto you, anyway Russian revolution has also occured the same way

oh bilkenter....never change :happy:

respawn40
07-13-2008, 07:13 PM
Bilkenter you are digging a hole you cannot get out of. Better to just keep your views to yourself. At the rate you are going you won't have an account here anymore either. Speaking one's mind is a good thing, but knowing when and where to voice an opinion is even more important, you seem to lack that judgment.

That's what I was trying to tell him.

bilkenter
07-13-2008, 07:16 PM

If my intentions were to get into as much as tracker i could, that would be the case, i would shut up, make a few requests, get along with people like sgt and so forth. At the end, i would get what i want and wouldnt bother to open topic, upload stuff and so forth. But that is not the case, the reason i wanted to join trackers was to get to know some people who might say what they think without any cencorship. Here is the obvious cencorship we saw earlier. Anyway i got a couple of awesome friends which is way more important than getting into a tracker or so. Lastly, i dont have any business with a tracker who cannot tolerate the opinion of others regardless of their content.

Edit: also so what? just because ptn staff disabled my account doesnt mean that i cant get in right now, but i wont why? because there is no point in being somewhere where your opinions are not tolerated by some

Edit 2: If other trackers think that i am harmful to the community, pls be my guest to disable my accounts

stoi
07-13-2008, 07:19 PM
they respect users that respect them.

you cheat/trade etc, you obviously dont respect the tracker, so why should they respect you.

also your 1 of many 1000`s of numbers out there (might seem harsh but its the truth), and if you openly admit to cheating, then bye bye and no skin off the staffs nose.

so if you dont respect us, why the hell should we respect you.

respawn40
07-13-2008, 07:19 PM
I don't think you'll find many people who say whatever they want, because most people know when its best to voice your opinions, and when not to. So, if you're just in torrenting to find those types of people, then I would suggest you stop torrenting all together. =/

soulreaper
07-13-2008, 07:21 PM
I'll miss bilkenter if he gets banned from here,he's so much fun,cmon admit it you uptight twats :lol:

bilkenter
07-13-2008, 07:23 PM
they respect users that respect them.

you cheat/trade etc, you onviously dont respect the tracker, so why should they respect you.

also your 1 of many 1000`s of numbers out there (might seem harsh but its the truth), and if you openly admit to cheating, then bye bye and no skin off the staffs nose.

so if you dont respect us, why the hell should we respect you.

Well i admit, i have done wrong things in the past, i dont deny them, especially the cheating. I am mature enough to say that i am wrong there. But i am not wrong with trading. Why? Because the accounts i got, i cared about them, i fulfilled some requests, uploaded some old stuff, i believe i havent done anything wrong. But if you feel, i am wrong here, just tell me you dont want me there, then i will tell you my account details so that you can ban me 2. I dont wish to be a part of community where trading is treated so harshly

respawn40
07-13-2008, 07:25 PM
Well, it doesn't matter what you do with the traded account. The fact is, trading accounts is against the rules of most, if not all, trackers. And you broke that rule.

bilkenter
07-13-2008, 07:27 PM
So it is ok for those who can get away with it, if this is the case, i will do my best not to get caught. I am merely saying what i did, and i dont find it offensive to the tracker itself, when i put myself in their shoes, i really dont get it why someone would be mad at another who got someones account so that he can feel part of that community, help them get bigger and so forth. I honestly dont get it

IdolEyes787
07-13-2008, 07:29 PM
Someone once gave me this definition of crazy.
You know when you're driving on the highway in your car and the thought momentarily goes through your head to drive into oncoming traffic?We've all had that i suppose.

Well a crazy person actually does it.

tknaught
07-13-2008, 07:30 PM
the reason i wanted to join trackers was to get to know some people who might say what they think without any cencorship. Here is the obvious cencorship we saw earlier.

If you want a place to talk without censorship, go join 4chan. I think you would fit right in.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate people speaking their mind when it seems that 2/3 of the BT community just spends their time sucking up to try to get elite trackers, but what you are talking about is not censorship. When you join those sites they tell you they do not allow trading or account sharing. If you disagree with that, don't join the site. You have a choice. If you break a sites rules and then go shooting your mouth off about how you don't think it was wrong and would do it again, then don't be surprised when you are disabled. If you don't like a site's rules you are welcome to create your own site.

respawn40
07-13-2008, 07:30 PM
The person who's account was traded away most likely got invited for a specific reason. They may have been invited because they can be trusted greatly. When that account is given to someone else, you've let someone get access to a site where they may not belong. They may not want you there; they intended for the original owner to have it, not someone that the staff/invitee do not know. It's a security risk as well.

And yes, 4chan would be an excellent place for you.

stoi
07-13-2008, 07:31 PM
ok, this is he way i see it with trading.

99 times out of 100 the trader will keep a low profile and not get involved at all in the site.

so if everyone is trading to get accounts, then every tracker is going to die eventually.

also 99% of the time, you will find that traders are impatient, greedy bastards, why do you think most trade for buffered accounts, so they can rape the buffer on the site, and download what they want when they want without any repurcussions.

we would much rather have members that have patience (which is hard to find i must admit) and that acctually care about the account because its in your name, not the attitude of.

"well i got in their once with trading, im in others with trading, i will just rape the tracker dry with this buffer or cheat on the account, change my IP and get back in again with trading and do the same thing again, and again and again."

thats obviously not what we want as staff, we want members that care about their accounts, the tracker they are on, just as much as we the staff do.

deadalive1
07-13-2008, 07:33 PM
Best thing to do is shut up, or start your own tracker and see how much fun it is when dealing with people who trade YOUR accounts. Trading not only is just stupid (most people can invited to whatever site..if they are responsible) but it also brings security and integrity issues for the site/owners as well. You obviously don't care about that aspect when you trade (you meaning.. you and those that also trade).

respawn40
07-13-2008, 07:34 PM
IRC ------------> Account Trading

bilkenter
07-13-2008, 07:41 PM
ok, this is he way i see it with trading.

99 times out of 100 the trader will keep a low profile and not get involved at all in the site.

so if everyone is trading to get accounts, then every tracker is going to die eventually.

also 99% of the time, you will find that traders are impatient, greedy bastards, why do you think most trade for buffered accounts, so they can rape the buffer on the site, and download what they want when they want without any repurcussions.

we would much rather have members that have patience (which is hard to find i must admit) and that acctually care about the account because its in your name, not the attitude of.

"well i got in their once with trading, im in others with trading, i will just rape the tracker dry with this buffer or cheat on the account, change my IP and get back in again with trading and do the same thing again, and again and again."

thats obviously not what we want as staff, we want members that care about their accounts, the tracker they are on, just as much as we the staff do.
I get you Stoi. You are one of the few, i really admire here. After that, i get what you are saying. I wouldnt want site to die either since i am also a leecher. And if there is anything i can help with, i would be more than glad to help site out. Also, if i am to give my account to someone, i wouldnt give it to someone who doesnt deserve it. It would be most likely someone who i got to know in time. If my buffer is 400 gb in a site, i would like to give my account to someone who would make it 500 600. But sometimes this may not be the case, if he cant keep it up, at least i would want him to give what he takes back. I may not be the ideal torrenter here. But there are always exceptions. At least, let us talk to you about trading an account, have an open mind so that we will be able to come and talk to you honestly, we are into this filesharing together. Site is also ours, if there is anything wrong with the site, we guyz get upset too. Let me give you an example of a trader, i have a friend who trades, and gives invites to here and so forth. Recently he got 10 invites to bitmtv from someone else, and he is very careful about those invites, he obviously is afraid to betray someoneelses trust. My account on bitmtv got disabled, he gave me a new invite recently and said me not to use seedbox which might cause harm to the original inviter. I gave him back of course since i have no use for bittv. Anyway my point is, there are always good traders who feel ashamed of what they did, and among traders, there are people who help the site the way they can. Some with seedbox, some with uploads and some with fulfilling request, site design etc. Therefore, i dont wanna be a part of a community where as you said %1 is ignored.

Best thing to do is shut up, or start your own tracker and see how much fun it is when dealing with people who trade YOUR accounts. Trading not only is just stupid (most people can invited to whatever site..if they are responsible) but it also brings security and integrity issues for the site/owners as well. You obviously don't care about that aspect when you trade (you meaning.. you and those that also trade).

There is a huge difference between trading for profit and trading or giving away to those who you trust to do good things for the community. I am in favour of the second one where the person you gave the account will use it for its own needs and contribute it. Well not everybody will be a gamer all the time, after a while you got bored of it, or not everybody will love the music all the time. This is why, i dont see anything harmful for someone who is interested in those to join the community on my behalf. Also you are not the only one who loves their sites trackers and so forth. I love them too, i revere their rules too, but being a good member isnt always about following the rules but sometimes it is also about suggesting modifications for the rules. Also Mods can prove it, i got a message from someone who told me to give him my blackcats since he was into it, in return, he offered me any high levels i required. I said him, i may help you but i shall talk to the admin first. The point is, even if i am a trader in my own sense, i wouldnt do anything to endanger the community i love since i am a leecher as well as a seeder. End of discussion...

deadalive1
07-13-2008, 07:51 PM
Also, if i am to give my account to someone, i wouldnt give it to someone who doesnt deserve it. It would be most likely someone who i got to know in time. If my buffer is 400 gb in a site, i would like to give my account to someone who would make it 500 600.

You just don't get it do you? Trading is wrong, you can NOT rationalize this.

bilkenter
07-13-2008, 07:53 PM
no offense, but dont use me as your ladder to ftn or fsc pls.

Also you seem to follow the rules without any question in mind.

One more thing, if you are to say trading is wrong, then tell it with arguments which cannot be defeated aside from security and so forth

deadalive1
07-13-2008, 07:59 PM
Well not everybody will be a gamer all the time, after a while you got bored of it, or not everybody will love the music all the time.
And then THEY trade that account? Are you sure they would use the same diligence in looking for someone who won't harm the site? Can you be positive of this? Stake a sites reputation and security on this?

I'm tired of this, you are better off on RS, I surely don't want security issues on the sites I'm on as I'm sure no-one else here does as well.

stoi
07-13-2008, 08:03 PM
but even that 1% is wrong, your trading behind the staffs back, i dont care if hes your best mate from 30 years (i have even known them to cheat) or someone you have just met on the net.

and how do you suggest we differntiate between the 2, its impossible to do that, unless you come to the Staff first and ask them if its ok you give your account to your mate, and i know for a fact, 99.9999999%% of traders will not do that.

Why do you think trackers close their doors.

Some its for security, so they do not want just anyone getting in.

Others its to stop the cheats, traders, sellers.

I opened up for 11,000 members the other day, we got that in 2 days. the minute i shut to take stock, there was an account trade on here, and im pretty sure there are others on other forums.

the memebr that joined, obviously didnt want the account, he just signed up as a bartering tool, do you think I like that, My site ONLY being used as a bartering tool to get into another site, FUCK NO!!

thee was even an account for sale on ebay, When we were level 4 i seen them go for $60-$200 this one, he wanted $50, he sold it for $3 lol and this was just before i opened the doors wide, not after.

But if you think about it, who has cash to burn to get into these sites if someone is selling them. or is daft enough to buy one. The powers that be of course.

anyway going completely off topic and rambling again lol but if you do not want to be apart of BCG, just send a message to the staffbox and we will disable your account for you.

deadalive1
07-13-2008, 08:05 PM

One more thing, if you are to say trading is wrong, then tell it with arguments which cannot be defeated aside from security and so forth

Dude I'm not using you for anything, you wanted to speak your mind and stand up for speaking your mind. But what, others aren't allowed to do this as well? You use a strawman argument to try and justify why YOU think trading accounts should be allowed. Yet when faced with opposition you accuse others of trying to stand on your shoulders to accomplish something else, please ...get a clue. Now I'm done.

respawn40
07-13-2008, 08:05 PM

OK, how about this: trading is wrong because it is against the rules, or laws, of most private bittorrent trackers. If it's the law, then you can't really argue with it. You can not like it, but you have to obey the law if you do not wish to get in any kind of trouble. The same applies to laws in the real world.

bilkenter
07-13-2008, 08:09 PM
Nope i like my account there, if you deem me unworthy or undesirable for my beliefs, i would be happy to tell the staff my username etc. Yeah you are right, there are some j... who use that opportunity to benefit from it. But for my account trading, lets confirm a few things, you owners know each other right at least most of you? Then before i give my account to someone i trust, let me come to you and talk to you about this. I can take responsibility for the person i invite or will invite. I will be gladly telling you my other accounts which you may or may not contact if the person who i gave my account cheated or harmed the community in any way. I will be putting my entire torrenting career at risk for the person i would like to give my account. If i was wrong at what i did, then i would gladly admit my retirement from torrents.

Dude I'm not using you for anything, you wanted to speak your mind and stand up for speaking your mind. But what, others aren't allowed to do this as well? You use a strawman argument to try and justify why YOU think trading accounts should be allowed. Yet when faced with opposition you accuse others of trying to stand on your shoulders to accomplish something else, please ...get a clue. Now I'm done. You are always welcome to express your ideas here m8. What i was trying to say is that you think trading must be forbidden because of security issues and integrity. I dont find a good reason. If you can bet your entire tracker life for the person you would like to get your accounts, then it is surely someone you trust with your life. Of course, i will talk to him about the seriousness of the issue when i am giving him my accounts. For the integrity part, as i said, not everybody will be addicted to games and etc, if you are not into games anymore, you may not feel like the part of something a community. You wouldnt fulfill requests, you wouldnt try to get to know people since it is a game tracker, if you are not into games anymore, Why bother going to the game site? But on the other hand, if someone is into game more than you, he would have much more games in his possession with which he can fulfill requests or get to know a few gamer friends there. This is why, that way, integrity of users will be much more strengthened.

This is why, i said, get a stronger point

ps:games are just an anology

respawn40
07-13-2008, 08:14 PM
So now you're saying that you want to try to get staff to bend the rules for you, and make account trading OK? I think you should retire from torrents now =/ But maybe stick around here, you're fun to be around :P Kinda >.>

stoi
07-13-2008, 08:24 PM
well if thats your viwepoint, and i do not agree with it, if you have no use for the site, just let your account die, or delete your account for those sites that allow it.

then it looks like your BCG days are numbered, so send me your details and i will disable your account.

bilkenter
07-13-2008, 08:26 PM
Nope not at all m8, i would be the last to apply for such a thing. Laws shall be applied to everyone. I know it is a big step especially with a high database, but it is a start, everyday 40 applications might be dealt easily, there might be commissions for this account trading. I never said it would be easy, but nobody would risk his all accounts for a man, it shall be the man, and not everybody has the man

edit: You have already took action:) anyway i was about to pm you. Thanks for doing so

slimdogp
07-13-2008, 08:33 PM

THEY'RE TEXTING!@#@!

Anyway,

I don't think thats true, I've been using IRC since 92'ish. Of course back then you kind of had to use IRC to be involved in what it is we do.

I'm totally with you on the texting though!

lysine
07-13-2008, 09:08 PM
I dont wish to be a part of community where trading is treated so harshly

four minutes later, you say:

So it is ok for those who can get away with it, if this is the case, i will do my best not to get caught.

at least make up your mind. I'm surprised you haven't been banned from every tracker you've got an account on. please be sure to make a post on their forums, informing them of your thoughts on trading.

bilkenter
07-13-2008, 09:10 PM
there are some who doesnt get the irony either... at least read my previous posts before those ones then decide what i was talking about

DKre8ive1
07-13-2008, 09:12 PM
Nope not at all m8, i would be the last to apply for such a thing. Laws shall be applied to everyone. I know it is a big step especially with a high database, but it is a start, everyday 40 applications might be dealt easily, there might be commissions for this account trading. I never said it would be easy, but nobody would risk his all accounts for a man, it shall be the man, and not everybody has the man

Why would they need to put in an application if they would already have an account threw account trading.

I think I See your problem you see account trading and invite trading as the same thing and use the phrase account trading to explain both.

At the end of the day if you don't agree with the rules for a site then don't join it and move on to a site that fits your view points and that have the rules you wish to follow.

mrnobody
07-13-2008, 09:48 PM
Obviously, cheating is wrong, and i am glad that u get it.

As for the rest, i am getting a feeling that you think "I am right what so ever".

Idk if i read it correctly but if i did, your post (few pages back) read "i love torrents" and the next thing i am reading is something in the line of "i don't care about torrenting". You were using those statement, two opposite ones, to prove yourself right. But then again u say u don't have to prove anyone anything. If that is the case, why the do u even post here? If you don't love torrents, what are you doing in BITTORRENT SECTION of this board? If it is a way to pass time over the interwebz, i am pretty sure there are better options to do so.

As far as account trading/sharing/giveaway & invite trading goes, alike DKre said, i think you are failing to see the difference between invite and account trading. Those two are different stuff. Account trading/sharing/giveaway is worst then invite trading, which almost everyone here would easily agree with.

Next thing, as i see is that you lack understanding for why invite trading is wrong as well. Beside the fact invite trading, alike account trading, is against site rule and risks the security of the site to some extent. If you can't be convinced by that then the what might convince you is getting banned from one of your favorite sites for being an invite trader. If everything fails, which in your case does, try getting involved in the "community". Once you are "into the community" you will naturally defend it, like a family member would defend his family...and hence you will recognize why invite trading is bad.

Lastly, take a chill pill, read other's post, try to understand where they are coming from. That is the best way to learn concepts of torrenting, imo.

P.S. ON TOPIC, i hang around in two IRC server, sex.ism.

SenorBubbz
07-14-2008, 12:14 AM
bilkenter, you need to stop trying to please everyone.
You need to stop contradicting yourself.
And most of all, you need to stop making a fool of yourself.

Make up your mind and stick to it, for once.

Raban
07-14-2008, 01:21 AM
In this thread bilkenter loses both his PTN account and his BCG account...

any questions ?

Nemrod
07-14-2008, 03:16 AM
I don´t have the patience, the age or the wisdom to be polite with you...
You are like a disease for sharing community, like a tumor that must be eradicated... a monument to what it must not be done.
I wish you the worst of the lucks, not in your personal life but in this world of sharing.
After 10 years surfing the web, you´ve got the honor of being the first "person" I´ve ever put on any "ignore list".

respawn40
07-14-2008, 03:31 AM
i don´t have the patience, the age or the wisdom to be polite with you...
You are like a disease for sharing community, like a tumor that must be eradicated... A monument to what it must not be done.
I wish you the worst of the lucks, not in your personal life but in this world of sharing.
After 10 years surfing the web, you´ve got the honor of being the first "person" i´ve ever put on any "ignore list".

o.o

jasperr
07-14-2008, 04:40 AM
In this thread bilkenter loses both his PTN account and his BCG account...

any questions ?

i think he may have lost his S*L account also.... lmao what a unintelligent little monkey this guys is..lol

sear
07-14-2008, 04:41 AM
if i am to give my account to someone, i wouldnt give it to someone who doesnt deserve it. It would be most likely someone who i got to know in time.

you make this point a number of times but what you fail to realise is that there's no need to give them your account. If they're someone you trust you can invite them or at least a staff member may consider inviting them for you. That is if you are trusted. This is a completely bullshit argument, account trading stems from greed and impatience, not altruism.

By acting the fool both in what you say here and in your actions towards the trackers you are a member of you're ensuring tracker staff will never trust you. Why wouldn't you want to show some respect for the rules of a place that's provided for free for you. Grow up mate and act like a man instead of a spoiled child.

Raban
07-14-2008, 05:08 AM
i think he may have lost his S*L account also.... lmao what a unintelligent little monkey this guys is..lol

hrmmm makes ya wonder which ones he has left.

BILKENTER please list the rest of the sites you have an account on .. . . http://i37.tinypic.com/15mffy9.gif

soulreaper
07-14-2008, 07:52 AM
Lastly, take a chill pill

What's a chill pill squirr3l? Maybe you could toss one my way if it makes one feel light headed?:naughty:

jukesta
07-14-2008, 02:20 PM
get back on topic. -.-

CraigT92
07-14-2008, 07:55 PM
PTN irc

ray
07-14-2008, 09:12 PM
sometimes demonoid but sometimes irc is too hard

Snarkyone
07-14-2008, 09:47 PM
Hmm I think that mr bilkenter has learned a valuable lesson here. Hopefully the one he learned is to respect the tracker rules and don't break them, and for Christ's sake if you do then don't brag about it on another site or a forum since we do have eyes and ears everywhere! Trades are just not the way to go to get into the best trackers and the thing about being a trader is kinda like the old joke about sucking a c**k, you only need to do it once and you are branded the rest of your life as a c**ksucker! Thanks to those of you that have attempted to point out that he was doing things that were wrong.

As an admin at PTN I try to encourage members to come on to the irc and spend some time meeting the other members and to chat with the staff who are on the irc all the time. In my ever so humble opinion the PTN irc is the best damn one of the bunch when it comes to the tracker irc's. See you guy's there sometime.

deadalive1
07-14-2008, 09:51 PM
Hmm I think that mr bilkenter has learned a valuable lesson here.
Time will tell.

bilkenter
07-14-2008, 09:54 PM
Yeah but i still think i am right at what i think here, wont change my opinion whatsoever. I havent done anything against neither ptn nor blackcats, but if you deem me unworthy or undesirable, it is your right to think so,So in the end, i still think i was wrong at ratio cheating in my one of the first trackers, but want wrong with trading idea. But Some emphasized the idea that you can ask your admin whether this can be a member or not, yeah he or she is right about that. But to do this, you need to have trust on your admin first, As some people said for bitmetv forums, people are afraid to ask because of ban or such things, if i think, admin might ban me for asking this, why would i bother honestly? Therefore i need to trust my admin first so that i can follow his or her steps, anyway everything is in past, i dont regret anything i said so far. This just encouraged me to be much more active for certain trackers, and this is all.

respawn40
07-14-2008, 10:01 PM
*sigh*

Bilkenter, please try to get this through your head...

TRADING IS AGAINST THE RULES OF TRACKERS, THEREFORE IT IS WRONG.

There is NO way to justify this. So please stop trying.

Have a nice day :)

bilkenter
07-14-2008, 10:08 PM
Kamon, i can point out a lot of guyz who are in high level trackers let it be non ratio or ratio system, also some staff members i or a friend of mine traded earlier. If staff members are doing it, what is the point of forcing this rule if their own staff cannot obey to this rule? Everyone trades, lets admit the truth. Also those staff members were the ones to tell me to apply for a site like this but much more strict on traders and such via lying. Everyone trades or traded, everyone lies or lied. As simple as this. The only reason you dont find them is because they hide themselves very well

respawn40
07-14-2008, 10:16 PM
If everyone jumped off of the Empire State building, would you do it >.>? You don't need to do something just because other people are doing it. If everyone is doing something wrong, then be the everyone else that is not doing anything wrong.

bilkenter
07-14-2008, 10:19 PM
Yeah i dont have too, i havent yet too, the only accounts i traded was at the beginning much more earlier than joining here. Actually i havent sold or given any accounts of mine to anyone, i just got other peoples account. Also i wouldnt do it just because some people do it, i would do it because it is the right thing to do, at least not as detrimental as others say under my conditions though

respawn40
07-14-2008, 10:22 PM
Yeah i dont have too, i havent yet too, the only accounts i traded was at the beginning much more earlier than joining here. Actually i havent sold or given any accounts of mine to anyone, i just got other peoples account. Also i wouldnt do it just because some people do it, i would do it because it is the right thing to do, at least not as detrimental as others say under my conditions though

But it is NOT the right thing to do >.>

But anyways, I'm done with this thread. Take everyone's advice, or don't. I can tell you that if you do, your torrenting life will be a whole lot better.

bilkenter
07-14-2008, 10:28 PM
It is not about being much better, it is all about being much more just, If i would want it to be better, i wouldnt have been in a quarrel which would lead me to lose 2 accounts. I obviously knowingly did discuss it. Anyway right or truth is all relative, so it is natural for people to have different opinions of them anyway

markupmaster
07-14-2008, 10:33 PM
http://i37.tinypic.com/qocc90.png

Just made that..

:P

deadalive1
07-14-2008, 10:38 PM
roflmao, I was gonna make that yesterday while responding to this thread, damn Markup you read my mind. :P

respawn40
07-14-2008, 10:40 PM
LOL, nice mark!

bilkenter
07-14-2008, 10:40 PM
Nooooo it is not ok. Not yet anyway, yeah probably for most case, it is bad, but it might be beneficial too. Also i am gonna open a thread about this trading, have ya ever met trade? aahah:D anyway no more spam ok guyz?

IdolEyes787
07-14-2008, 10:55 PM
Kettle black.

deadalive1
07-14-2008, 10:59 PM
anyway no more spam ok guyz?

This from the guy who spams EVERYONE'S thread, a little hypocritical don't ya think? ;)

markupmaster
07-14-2008, 11:04 PM
Bilkenter,

Well,Many people have traded at least once. Hell,Back in 06 and early 07 Most people here and everywhere else traded I believe. But things always change.

:)

roflmao, I was gonna make that yesterday while responding to this thread, damn Markup you read my mind.

:lol:

We both think alike I guess!

:D

bilkenter
07-14-2008, 11:06 PM
Yeah i know, i have a couple of friends who are retired mod from here, and they said, trading was being allowed for a while especially a couple of years ago, then it is changed.

Edit: for the sake of spamming, Is it trading when you are not the one who is trading accounts? I mean how can i be held responsible when i am not trading it, even if i am not the one buying it, there will be someoneelse isnt this so now?

SgtMajor
07-14-2008, 11:16 PM
Is it trading when you are not the one who is trading accounts? I mean how can i be held responsible when i am not trading it, even if i am not the one buying it, there will be someoneelse isnt this right now?

That's about the worst example you have shown so far, out of many, in your sorry time here.

bilkenter
07-14-2008, 11:19 PM
Well actually i havent bought any, all of them were given to me by my friends, and i am using all of them, if it was up to him, he would either trade it or the account would still have a 0 dl 0 ul ....I got his account and i am definitely using it, what is really wrong here? I am also participating in their forums, really what is wrong? i offer some of my invites there in their forum etc...

markupmaster
07-14-2008, 11:22 PM
You want to know why Trading is wrong?

You are giving a invite/account to someone that you don't know.

Think about this for a second.

Who is this person? A Cheater? A Seller? A Fed? A careless person who won't use it?

It could be any,or even all of those. It really hurts the tracker that way.

:dabs:

bilkenter
07-14-2008, 11:27 PM
But i am damn not a fed, and if i am sure that he is neither fed nor cheater or anyone like that. What is really wrong here? Do you think i would luv to harm the tracker i am leeching? or anyoneelse for that matter? Someone must be really tooo selfish self centered to be able to pull this off. Of course, i wouldnt have given it to someone whom i dont trust in anyway. As an example i gave this example earlier, i really have an awesome friend who trades and makes give away mostly level 4 and 5, He got 10 invites for btmtv, he shared one with me and other invites with others. BTW my account on bitmtv got disabled cuz i buffered someones account there, this is why, he didnt want me to use seedbox so as not to get the original invite givers account disabled or harm him in any way. The point is, even if he trades, he still cares about community and the individual that has given him the invite. I really dont get it, is this so hard to believe that traders might have care about their community too? I mean rather than letting account rot with its 0 dl 0 ul, why wouldnt we share it with someone who we trust so that he can use the account?

deadalive1
07-14-2008, 11:27 PM
Exactly Markup, plus who's to say that person doesn't turn around and dump it off to someone else, now because of the original action, everyone in the original inviters tree is in jeopardy because of 1 stupid person who didn't think of anyone but themselves.

markupmaster
07-14-2008, 11:32 PM
Yeah,

You could give it to someone you trust, he could give it to someone he trusts,then who might he give it to?

is this so hard to believe that traders might have care about their community too?

Who said that? But, You can't care about it if you are giving it away? If you cared about it you would keep it right?

bilkenter
07-14-2008, 11:37 PM
Kamon dude, anyway you guyz wont admit the truth that not every trader is a bad guy anyway. Yeah we traders are the viruses for the torrent community unfortunately. Also if i am to harm a community, would it be too hard to harm them? You can get into sct for 20 euro, you could get into ftn for 5 dollar, you can get into tt for 50 dollar, at least what i heard. After you got in especially for trained people, it wouldnt be hard to harm them now isnt it? If he is really a friend, he wouldnt give his accounts really easily, also friendship doesnt grow easily, it takes time to build them. Anyway no need to argue indeed, i will still stick to my beliefs, you guyz can stick to yours

markupmaster
07-14-2008, 11:39 PM
I'm out of this topic unless called upon...

:P

Raban
07-15-2008, 12:28 AM
Also i am gonna open a thread about this trading, have ya ever met trade?

when can we expect that ?? tonight please. . . .

Sanka113
07-15-2008, 07:14 AM
I personally enjoy the ones from my BT forums and the tracker irc of members that are at the BT forums i'm at.

bilkenter
07-15-2008, 07:15 AM
Those are? I mean we were talking about where and what kinda experience you got on irc... :) before the intrusion