PDA

View Full Version : Making movie packs

bilkenter
07-14-2008, 09:14 PM
I would like to make some movie packs for my beloved trackers, this is why, i am asking what mods or uploaders are using to upload or find those movies. Rapid, Giganews or from a friend of yours who runs the dvdshop... I have all choices, i can get them from my friend for free. So tell me a way to do this guyz

utear
07-14-2008, 09:24 PM
Usually movie packs have scene releases so movies probably comes from other trackers or topsites.

bilkenter
07-14-2008, 09:30 PM
Thanks m8, i wish i was in usa, i could get a grab of those things much more earlier since it is mostly released there first. But i will ask also a few friends of mine about the issue. Thanks appreciated.

Duckater
07-14-2008, 09:36 PM
Most packs going around sites for movies are usually from one o another of the larger top trackers.
Some smaller ones also make there own from scene releases

bilkenter
07-14-2008, 09:39 PM
Oh it is unfortunate but i will still look around thanks for your responses guyz

utear
07-14-2008, 09:39 PM
Just remember that packs don't have to have all the latest movies. People can get that stuff from any 0day trackers.

bilkenter
07-14-2008, 09:48 PM
I honestly wasnt much into movies, thanks to ptn, i learnt a few stuff, i wonder, is it possible to get the dvd of the movies if there is only a cam version of the movie? For example, For the movie Get Smart, there seems to be only cam version(not looked much right now on w...b...b) is it possible to get the dvd of this from a friend or a familiar face at the same time? or shall i assume that if dvd of it isnt on the internet, there wouldnt be any on the real life or local stores too?

respawn40
07-14-2008, 09:53 PM
If all there is is a cam version of a movie, then chances are there is no DVD to get your hands on yet. If there was, it would be released.

bilkenter
07-14-2008, 09:57 PM
Thanks mates, will download a couple of movies and make a pack then ask to staff whether it is ok or not.

edit: before that i need to learn linux fast so that i can use linux much more effectively on my seedbox

but thanks appreciated!!!

CraigT92
07-14-2008, 09:58 PM
Usely movie packs are made up with scene releases alough it does't matter there usely made up with movies that an actor is a main charator in for eg. Bruce Willis pack that would include the die hard movies but if theres a series of movies such a die hard you could make a pack with all the die hard movies and call it die hard pack hope this helps

deadalive1
07-14-2008, 10:01 PM
Video stores usually get the DVD Screeners about 1 1/2 to 2 months (sometimes longer but in general) before the actual DVD is to be released in order to preview it and then try to figure out how popular it may be at their store (this also varies from store to store) and order the appropriate amount (for the actual DVD release) for their store.

If you have a friend who works for one, you may be able to convince him to let you borrow some of these and in turn rip it with X software and upload it to Y (or you may be able to get with a scene group who are looking for this sort of thing).

whiteboy
07-14-2008, 10:13 PM
Video stores usually get the DVD Screeners about 1 1/2 to 2 months (sometimes longer but in general) before the actual DVD is to be released in order to preview it and then try to figure out how popular it may be at their store (this also varies from store to store) and order the appropriate amount (for the actual DVD release) for their store.

If you have a friend who works for one, you may be able to convince him to let you borrow some of these and in turn rip it with X software and upload it to Y (or you may be able to get with a scene group who are looking for this sort of thing).
This may be true for blockbuster or something, although I dont think so. But I know its not true for my local shop.

bilkenter
07-14-2008, 10:17 PM
Also i wonder, what are the general type of the file that is desirable? Dvd or Dvd Rip?

Sorry guyz i am probably becoming a bother here, but i really like to learn those things if you could help me though

Duckater
07-14-2008, 10:21 PM
Likes of the larger stores do get some screeners but the chances of getting one ripping and uploading it to a server b4 a scene release is unlikely unless you have a powerful pc the fastest tools and a fast internet connection if you can get these you will be able to compete with a few peeps that rip just for torrent sites who are not scene members but produce good results :)

bilkenter
07-14-2008, 10:25 PM
Oh dont worry about pc, i will most likely get the best on the market next year, Btw, Well, i am collecting movies of Steve Carell right now like anchorman of ron ... or melinda and melinda. But the problem is, Will Ferrell is an actor on this movie calle anchorman, so would this movie fall under will ferrell pack or steve carell pack? :S kinda confused. Or shall i decide it after i watch the movie?

respawn40
07-14-2008, 10:26 PM
Also i wonder, what are the general type of the file that is desirable? Dvd or Dvd Rip?

Sorry guyz i am probably becoming a bother here, but i really like to learn those things if you could help me though

It depends. I personally prefer DVD Rips because I'd rather watch movies on my computer, instead of having to go out, buy DVD's, burn DVD's, and then watch it on my TV. Plus, I don't really care too much about extras. If there is a DVD with extras that I actually want, I just download the complete DVD of it, then convert it to XVID myself. Not only that, but DVD Rips are a much smaller file size than DVD-R's.

But, there are those who care about extras and want to have them on a physical media to play on their TV's.

Oh dont worry about pc, i will most likely get the best on the market next year, Btw, Well, i am collecting movies of Steve Carell right now like anchorman of ron ... or melinda and melinda. But the problem is, Will Ferrell is an actor on this movie calle anchorman, so would this movie fall under will ferrell pack or steve carell pack? :S kinda confused. Or shall i decide it after i watch the movie?

I'd probably go with whoever had the more leading role.

bilkenter
07-14-2008, 10:30 PM
But seems like the same pmed you the link since it might be forbidden to share here i.... links... Let me know your opinion pls Also what is the difference between dvdrip and Xvid? I know i can find it on search engines but since we are onto topic i thought it might be much more appreciated

Duckater
07-14-2008, 10:36 PM
xvid can be a cam, screener ts dvd rip etc etc
As for the film it could go in both packs really it is totally up to the person making them :)

bilkenter
07-14-2008, 10:37 PM
Thanks appreciated :)

jam0980tr
07-15-2008, 02:01 AM
bilkenter (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/bilkenter-204351) Nices thread am makeing a New Pack it's 1 epic pack too exclusive to say
to public!! lol

bilkenter (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../../members/bilkenter-204351) when i do my packs, i try to keep it all in dvd rip's final release, if i can't then i go for
DVDscr rip's..

bilkenter (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/bilkenter-204351) check that link it might give you much more better understanding of all types ;)
http://tamnn.wordpress.com/2008/04/02/cam-r5-dvdrip-dvdscr-xvid-telesync/

bilkenter
07-15-2008, 02:04 AM
Thanks i got a pretty good idea of a package, and i am downloading some right now, will upload to my favourite sites :) Thanks for the info. Rather than looking for a good community create your own right :)

ryan20021982
07-16-2008, 01:16 PM
Ya I think it depends on which site your doing it for some are packs of dvdrips
and some are scene releases

Like I just got the friday the 13th pack and those of course are all dvdrips(you know where thats from bikeenter...lol)

Is its a scene site then there scene, but if its not then there usually dvdrips