PDA

View Full Version : How does demonoid actually work?

crumble6
07-14-2008, 10:29 PM
I know it's not a live tracker, but it says stats will update once a day. Anyway I have been a member there for a while and it still says I have up/downloaded nothing. Is this because I use my seedbox to run the torrents, because obviously there is no passkey to asociate my seedbox IP with my demonoid account.

respawn40
07-14-2008, 10:42 PM
Demonoid has a problem with stats not updating due to dynamic IP addresses, I think.

SgtMajor
07-14-2008, 11:12 PM
I know it's not a live tracker, but it says stats will update once a day. Anyway I have been a member there for a while and it still says I have up/downloaded nothing. Is this because I use my seedbox to run the torrents, because obviously there is no passkey to asociate my seedbox IP with my demonoid account.

You have to make sure you are not logged into demonoid anywhere before using a torrent on your seedbox, then it will and can associate you with a "current session" on the tracker and log your account with that IP when you start to leech & seed on your seedbox, it only logs one IP so if you remain logged in on your PC, then stay logged in then move the torrent to the seedbox, only your torrents on your PC will be recorded and your seedbox ignored.

No need for seedbox on demonoid though, you will never ever get kicked for any ratio problems.

markupmaster
07-14-2008, 11:24 PM
Demonoid isn't too strict with ratios...

:)

Still,that doesn't give you a excuse not to seed. That's one reason why many don't use Public Trackers.

yakz091
07-15-2008, 03:50 AM
give it some time i had these problem but later on it was resolved.

TP635
07-15-2008, 04:28 AM
I have a bunch of torrents that just can't dl.:'connection closed by peers'
And my stat. has not change for a month.

Sanka113
07-15-2008, 07:16 AM
With the forums coming back online it seems that demonoid is looking more and more like its old self

Mr.sharer
07-15-2008, 07:27 AM
simple . it doesnt :dabs:

Ali-g
07-15-2008, 08:26 AM
Well since ratio isnt really a req. than its up to u if u wanna seed/leech, stats jst will get u a better feeling of urself, they are not req. Jst do ur best, and try to help ppl by seeding and who cares if stats are not updated : )

crumble6
07-15-2008, 09:04 AM
Yeah that's very true. Speeds there are pretty poor as well, so when using a seedbox you have a ratio of about 5 by the time the download completes. Like SgtMajor says, theres no need for it really, but it means I don't have to leave my PC running.

Thanks for clearing it up anyway guys! :)

wevotedno
07-15-2008, 11:43 AM
seeded 2TB on 4 DVDR releases and never got the ratio for them.

Swift
07-15-2008, 12:19 PM
Ratio doesn`t matter there

dunson
07-15-2008, 02:27 PM
The server is too busy holding up all the shitty ads.

walkman79
07-19-2008, 12:10 AM
Why people incite other people to be leechers on Demonoid. I mean, it pisses me off when I see someone telling someone else to not care about his ratio on Demonoid just because they are not strict with it. Demonoid would be the best if that kind of members didn't exist.
I seed on my trackers because I love to share, not just because there is a rule which impose me to do it.
Please, SEED!

CPC464
07-19-2008, 12:21 AM
nothing to do with seed box. demonoid ratio is a joke. my ratio as been stuck at 6.4 up 4.8 down for well over a year. before it went down i know for a fact through utorrent that my upload should have been about 60gig and dl about 8gig. i have stopped caring now though. as long as i am above 1.1 they can leave it as it is

peat moss
07-19-2008, 12:33 AM
Demonoid isn't too strict with ratios...

Still,that doesn't give you a excuse not to seed. That's one reason why many don't use Public Trackers.

Good point friend as its one of my favs for software .

djkamikaze
07-20-2008, 08:35 AM
many demonoid torrents aren't hosted by demonoid, they're external, and will never count towards your demonoid ratio. additionally, demonoid does not use a passkey like msot sites, they simply log your ip address and use that to determine UL/DL/ratio stats. If you have a dynamic IP address, you will need to log into demonoid every time that IP changes or nothing you seed will count.