PDA

View Full Version : Problems getting utorrents gui to load in nix vnc

Sanka113
07-15-2008, 04:15 AM
Hi I was wondering if any of you FST linux wunderkinds can help this ol grizzly bear out with running utorrent on a nix box? For some reason utorrent's gui isn't loading for my friends VNC or mine either. When I run utorrent the xterm (via fluxbox) does pop up and by the looks of it utorrent seems to be running. Even the webgui is still running when I start utorrent, but for whatever reason the gui for utorrent still doesnt respond. I tried kill the vnc, removing flux box etc. but still no luck.

Any ideas what I can do to resolve this problem?

c0njur
07-15-2008, 05:58 AM
A native nix client might be easier..

Sanka113
07-15-2008, 06:50 AM
We have rtorrent on our server but my seedbox m8 is even more of a noob than i am. Please focus on ways I can solve my problem for utorrent. Not suggestion that i use other clients.

crumble6
07-15-2008, 09:15 AM
Rtorrent is great, and so much lighter on the system. With a torrent running at 11mb/s the load barely reaches 1.00, but on utorrent my load went around 3.50. Ok so that's still not that high, but it does prove a point. You might want to check out wTorrent (http://www.wtorrent-project.org/trac/), its a great webui for rtorrent, that's even easier to use than utorrent once its set up. I'm sure your mate could handle it.

If you're still certain that you want utorrent then go for it, but I'm afraid I can't help you with that. There's all sorts of stability issues when trying to run windows apps on nix. Good luck anyway!

wevotedno
07-15-2008, 11:42 AM
re-install GTK2 and u will be fine

Sanka113
07-16-2008, 03:59 AM
Sweet it worked! Thanks bud!