PDA

View Full Version : If you're a member of X number of trackers you're definitely a collector...

Raban
07-15-2008, 02:42 PM
i'm wondering what peoples # for X would be... i.e.,

if you're a member of more than 5 trackers you're a collector...

10 ? 15 ? 20 ?? 50 ?

regardless of claims that they USE each and every tracker... i'm looking for a blanket statement. ... X or more == Collector

OTO
07-15-2008, 02:44 PM
IMHO If you have more than 10 trackers(and do not use most of them), you are collector.

fOrUmAs
07-15-2008, 02:56 PM
50? maybe

lower than that is not

TP635
07-15-2008, 03:02 PM
I have 15.
5 I use a lot
the other 5 I use much less
and the last 5; on the way out, ie soon to be disable for inactivity.
and I don't consider myself a collector.

Swift
07-15-2008, 03:03 PM
if you have 15-20 trackers and your active on all of them that still doesn`t make you a collector

dunson
07-15-2008, 03:07 PM

I'm a collector, since I have many more than that. But I have left most of those behind or never really used them, because they were redundant, shitty, too slow, etc.

I use only a handful, maybe 6, and hope the rest are pruned or something else.

aaatoel
I don't think that there is a number that makes you a collector or not! It depends on whether you use the 5,10,50 trackers you are member to, or not!

SgtMajor
It can be any number you want it to be.

A lot of people like to pop into trackers to see what they have, to see how they feel, and if they could hold any interest to you, either by content or if your friend(s) is/are there.

Collector is a term thrown around too loosely these days, even I have used it (ouch!!), but so what, if you belong to every tracker out there it is of no concern to anyone but you. We are a nosey lot by nature any way :P

"You are a collector", "I want it for the community", terms thrown around too easily, if someone wants to look into a tracker just out of curiosity, then let them, they will stay or go, if they stay - great for the tracker & the inviter, if they go then it frees up a space for someone else.

Just leave people to make their own minds up eh? :)

Bionic
07-15-2008, 03:42 PM
People go for "X's" of Trackers to see which one is best for themselves, it depends on what you going to use it for. Lets say if you have ScT, you'd still use BitMeTV for TV, am I correct? so, you can't find who's a collector, cheater, trader, etc. Unless the user shows via posts.

For a fact, every FST Member that posts in the Bittorent Section got over 10+ Trackers signed up at.

Duckater
07-15-2008, 04:05 PM

A lot of people like to pop into trackers to see what they have, to see how they feel, and if they could hold any interest to you, either by content or if your friend(s) is/are there.

Collector is a term thrown around too loosely these days, even I have used it (ouch!!), but so what, if you belong to every tracker out there it is of no concern to anyone but you. We are a nosey lot by nature any way :P

"You are a collector", "I want it for the community", terms thrown around too easily, if someone wants to look into a tracker just out of curiosity, then let them, they will stay or go, if they stay - great for the tracker & the inviter, if they go then it frees up a space for someone else.

Totally agree :)
Some people also like to be staff on sites just for the name and power and then hope it will get them on what are considered more exclusive higher level trackers well that aint always the case as some times they just prove even quicker why they should not be invited any where :)

LubTheStaringCat
07-15-2008, 04:10 PM
I have more than 5 trackers,I wouldn't call myself a collector tho.
like SgtMajor said I do pop and out to see what they have.:happy:

SgtMajor
07-15-2008, 04:11 PM
Some people also like to be staff on sites just for the name and power

So I suppose I have a better chance of driving the car than a position with you then! :P

Luv a duck :D

Squizzle
07-15-2008, 04:13 PM
I'm on most if not all of the "major" trackers purely because I feel I should be.

Intersite relationships, and general appearance and presence in the torrent scene.

I actually use ScT because it's hellish fast and huge, can't say I download from any of the others though.

wheelmods, the rabbit, ftn, fsc, scc, sct, tby, its, ptn, rev, what, waffles and vortex are currently on my bookmarks toolbar (in that order). I check them daily.

Am I a collector? No.

soulreaper
07-15-2008, 04:36 PM
I believe a collector is someone who gets into a site to obtain a certain elite status/e-penis and not for the utility(be it content/community).

/Fixed.

dunson
07-15-2008, 04:45 PM
Staff is an exception. ;)

bilkenter
07-15-2008, 04:45 PM
Exactly agreed soulreaper, i really dont get it, if you are member of ftn, what is the point of getting into fsc its bla bla? It is greed nothing more. If it is community which is an excuse to get into trackers, then fst is damn awesome community

SgtMajor
07-15-2008, 04:54 PM
wheelmods, the rabbit, ftn, fsc, scc, sct, tby, its, ptn, rev, what, waffles and vortex are currently on my bookmarks toolbar (in that order). I check them daily.

Am I a collector? No.

LOL. wheelmods,the rabbit,ftn,fsc,scc,sct,its,ptn are all general trackers with pretty much the same content.
You can easily rubbish my claim by saying you're part of them coz of "community".
I don't believe one needs to be a member of umpteen trackers to be involved with a community. That's pure baloni.

In conlusion and imho you're a collector!!

Exactly agreed soulreaper, i really dont get it, if you are member of ftn, what is the point of getting into fsc its bla bla? It is greed nothing more. If it is community which is an excuse to get into trackers, then fst is damn awesome community

:lol:

I take it you both missed the Intersite Relationships bit!

I can understand the newbs position as he hasn't been here long enough to figure out who belongs where, but I am surprised at soulreaper's response, I thought you would have known better seeing you have been here a while. :whistling

mrnobody
07-15-2008, 04:56 PM
oh wow, now you claim a staff, who is member of other trackers to maintain intersite relationship with them, to be a collector.

what more are u guys upto? :ghey:

bilkenter
07-15-2008, 05:02 PM
Well even if they are bro sites, fsc ftn or any other site, i wouldnt probably join actually because the more tracker you get into, the less other people have chance to get into them. Most people dont care about this honestly, then we are talking about filesharing. It is a funny figure honestly. Moreover i dont believe he can be active in ftn fsc its and others he or she named here. Even i cannot be that active, it is a fact. Also you probably luv some more than others, i honestly luv tl irc more than other ircs mostly i am there, but if being active is taken to seed or leech only, i am active everywhere. However this is not the case i am sure.

This was the part i was talking about earlier, people dont know what it is, people are chasing after it without knowing anything about them. At least let them join for a while, not everybody would luv to stay cuz they are level 9 or level 22. It is just curiosity, when i am done with it, i wouldnt probably bother since i have my own precious sites.

Edit: I am also sure there are guyz like me who are just curious nothing more. Moreover, i also think that those on the higher sites have much more responsibility than those in the lower sites, they must be the ones telling young ones that level doesnt matter much, you can be satisfied with scc tr revtt waffles and tl. For me, it was last night, i informed someone of trading invites:) anyway he was looking to trade because he wanted to join fsc ftn its and so forth, now after a little talk he is satisfied with what he has now

Duckater
07-15-2008, 05:06 PM
Some people also like to be staff on sites just for the name and power

So I suppose I have a better chance of driving the car than a position with you then! :P

We aint the forces m8 so no Sgt major required :lol:
But I seen to many peeps get staff positions then they alter and think they are special even tho still (as the saying goes) green behind the ears.
I have also seen some take to staffing like a duck to water :lol:
Having said that different people think diff qualities make a good staff member that others will :)

SgtMajor
07-15-2008, 05:07 PM
because the more tracker you get into, the less other people have chance to get into them.

At least let them join for a while,

I love your posts, you just contradict yourself each & every time.

I'm sure you just post to wind people up :lol:

Bionic
07-15-2008, 05:10 PM
Lol. atleast let them join for awhile. lol.

bilkenter
07-15-2008, 05:15 PM
Well what i was trying to say is this, most people are trying to get into tracker because it is high level or they think that there is smt special in them. Well i admit not everybody would love to turn the ftn offer down after they see what ftn or fsc is, but there are people i am sure who wouldnt join to ftn if they have already good sites like tl. This was my point. At least let them be there on 30 minutes, or pick someone from here, a newbie or anyone you want, then let him tell what he found there special there... Is it the torrents? is it tracker and its relationship with others? Most people dont know why ftn or fsc or its is level 5, for me neither scl nor iplay deserves their level. I decided about this by being there for a while honestly, for iplay not much files going around, for scl speeds are too low. This is decided by being there for a while, if i was to be on ftn for a while or anyother site, i or anyoneelse can make their decisions about this trackers. If it is good, then you can still pursue it, if it doesnt fit your desires etc, then you quit chasing after it. This was my point, i hope it is clear now

SgtMajor
07-15-2008, 05:16 PM

We aint the forces m8 so no Sgt major required :lol:
But I seen to many peeps get staff positions then they alter and think they are special even tho still (as the saying goes) green behind the ears.
I have also seen some take to staffing like a duck to water :lol:
Having said that different people think diff qualities make a good staff member that others will :)

I make nice tea, does that help? :shifty:

I know what you mean though, people like me on staff would reduce the tracker to just staff only as everyone else is just a c*nt, except me of course, and all the members would just get banned/disabled! There, job done :P

It also helps being good friends with whatever tracker staff it is you wish to join, so if I can help you in any way - just ask :lol:

deadalive1
07-15-2008, 05:22 PM
At least let them join for a while,

I love your posts, you just contradict yourself each & every time.

I'm sure you just post to wind people up :lol:

Doesn't he though, :P
I'm not even sure he realizes it.
Some people speak to hear there own voices, even though what they say is redundantly inane and utterly useless.

The Flying Cow
07-15-2008, 05:25 PM
If you join trackers solely with the intention of "completing your level 9 basket", or some gobbledegook along those lines, then you can consider yourself to be a "collector", in the BT sense.

Otherwise, being a member in a number of communities doesn't make you a collector. We all know a site can have something another site doesn't, and vice versa. Thus having both sites means you can have both things.

Just my 2.c

-Sherman

SgtMajor
07-15-2008, 05:28 PM
Well what i was trying to say is this, most people are trying to get into tracker because it is high level or they think that there is smt special in them. Well i admit not everybody would love to turn the ftn offer down after they see what ftn or fsc is, but there are people i am sure who wouldnt join to ftn if they have already good sites like tl. This was my point. At least let them be there on 30 minutes, or pick someone from here, a newbie or anyone you want, then let him tell what he found there special there... Is it the torrents? is it tracker and its relationship with others? Most people dont know why ftn or fsc or its is level 5, for me neither scl nor iplay deserves their level. I decided about this by being there for a while honestly, for iplay not much files going around, for scl speeds are too low. This is decided by being there for a while, if i was to be on ftn for a while or anyother site, i or anyoneelse can make their decisions about this trackers. If it is good, then you can still pursue it, if it doesnt fit your desires etc, then you quit chasing after it. This was my point, i hope it is clear now

Most can't make their mind up after 30 days and not a chance in a million can you do it after 30 mins, it is only when you are comfortable with your tracker and their members and the staff and taking time to getting to know who fits where & why will anyone decide if that tracker is right for them.

There are many facets to trackers, some like the all round experience, some like the well seeded torrents, some like the rare torrents, some like the pre-times of torrents, some are good friends of staff or know the members very well but the torrents are not what they want.

Everybody is different, some are level chasers , some are hype chasers, some are just plain nosey and for everyone of them there is an equal opposite, so what, stop butting in on threads and leave to their own devices and let them find out for themselves, it has nothing to do with someone that gets banned as much as you do from trackers, others may have a totally different outlook and do very well thank you.

soulreaper
07-15-2008, 05:41 PM
LOL. wheelmods,the rabbit,ftn,fsc,scc,sct,its,ptn are all general trackers with pretty much the same content.
You can easily rubbish my claim by saying you're part of them coz of "community".
I don't believe one needs to be a member of umpteen trackers to be involved with a community. That's pure baloni.

In conlusion and imho you're a collector!!

:lol:

I take it you both missed the Intersite Relationships bit!

I can understand the newbs position as he hasn't been here long enough to figure out who belongs where, but I am surprised at soulreaper's response, I thought you would have known better seeing you have been here a while. :whistling

Post edited,thanks.:P

SgtMajor
07-15-2008, 05:50 PM

I still think you missed the point that he actually staffs at one of those places :whistling

Intersite Relationships matter a lot when you staff, you need to have and to hold a certain presence and be able to talk to other staffers, obviously, just take a look at the VIPs lists of many trackers - most of them are staffers from other sites ;)

kyrcer
07-15-2008, 05:59 PM
http://www.loldjs.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/o_noez-epic_fail.jpg

You can make even 50 acc on sites and you aren't a collector :frusty:

respawn40
07-15-2008, 06:02 PM
Bilkenter's posts are so confusing :(

DuDutchy
07-15-2008, 06:10 PM
ScT, SCC, TL, TC, What.cd, VortexNetwork, BCG and HDbits.

That's 8. I'm not a collector. I use them all daily, and they all have their exclusive content. However, I could live with ScT alone. It's teh pwnage.

soulreaper
07-15-2008, 06:14 PM

I still think you missed the point that he actually staffs at one of those places :whistling

A wheelmodder(pun intended),isn't listed on the comm reps though,I guess he opted out.

Intersite Relationships matter a lot when you staff, you need to have and to hold a certain presence and be able to talk to other staffers, obviously, just take a look at the VIPs lists of many trackers - most of them are staffers from other sites ;)

True,I noticed the torrent celebrities on gazelle and as you rightly pointed out, VIPS on other sites.:)
The initial doubt I had was the essence of an intersite r'ship and what possible purpose it could serve. Then I thought to myself it could probably help them filter out bad users(sharing IPS,stats etc), recruit good users, share other vital information that could benefit both sites.

And since I'm not a staffer,I can't really argue about the fact that intersite r'ships b/w staff don't matter and I suppose this isn't the right thread for it.
Original post edited again,thanks!

Squizzle
07-15-2008, 06:23 PM
Yeah I didn't think I'd need to point this out directly, but I staff wheels, a long established tracker, so being on the other respected trackers kinda goes with the territory.

Anyone calling me a "collector" can fuck off quite frankly, it's noobs like blkenter that deter me from posting on FST most of the time.

Get a clue guys. :|

stoi
07-15-2008, 06:24 PM
I just go and disable DuDutchy from BCG :) jk.

as for other staffers on sites that are VIP, they are not on BCG.

reason is 2 fold, Only reason why they should be VIP is so they can view an invite forum (be a higher class then everyone apart from staff so they can keep an eye on it for their trackers), and as we have not got an invite forum anymore, because of complaints from staff on other trackers (which was fair enough, i never liked it anyway), then there is no reason for them to be VIP.

And VIP is a Very Important Person, and that to me says that they go above and beyond what they should be doing on the tracker in question.

not sign up, send a PM to a staff member, say im staff on XXX site, can i be VIP please because thats what we do on our tracker.

If they want to be VIP then there is nothing stopping them, but they have to show they are a good member of BCG and deserve it, but lets be honest, most staff are staff on other trackers (for some reason i cant understand, i have my hands full just with BCG) so they dont have time to be a good member of BCG, so we never notice them never mind promote them to VIP.

bilkenter
07-15-2008, 06:26 PM
Most can't make their mind up after 30 days and not a chance in a million can you do it after 30 mins, it is only when you are comfortable with your tracker and their members and the staff and taking time to getting to know who fits where & why will anyone decide if that tracker is right for them.

There are many facets to trackers, some like the all round experience, some like the well seeded torrents, some like the rare torrents, some like the pre-times of torrents, some are good friends of staff or know the members very well but the torrents are not what they want.

Everybody is different, some are level chasers , some are hype chasers, some are just plain nosey and for everyone of them there is an equal opposite, so what, stop butting in on threads and leave to their own devices and let them find out for themselves, it has nothing to do with someone that gets banned as much as you do from trackers, others may have a totally different outlook and do very well thank you. I dont think you are right here to say that even 30 days is not enough to make your mind. I dont agree because there are people who look for rare stuff, well seeded torrents and etc. Not everybody is looking for a community here. If it was only community, you are right in 1 day or 30 minutes, it might not be possible to have an absolute idea about community on the tracker, However, they will have a general idea of how active forums are, and members relationship with each other, staff attitude against others etc. This is why, those who are looking for community might have a general idea of tracker about forums, radio, irc etc in one day if not 30 minutes. if they are looking for rare stuff and such, I think they can easily make their minds about the tracker itself. How? There will be new torrents everyday which will help them decide whether those are rare, well seeded or etc. When they do, then they can decisively look for an invite to that tracker which they think fits to their needs.

Ps: time may change, i am not here to prove that 30 minutes here, i am only here to state that sufficient amount of time may help people make their minds.

Polarbear
07-15-2008, 06:34 PM
i think everybody has the right to join as many trackers, communities and download ressources as he wants to.

it happens so often that i can find a movie or a cd only on that tracker at all or in the desired quality. then i'm glad that i'm a member there. let it be only one movie per month for a certain tracker. who cares?

i rather have too much warez ressources to choose from than too little.

of course i deleted some accounts and lost some due to inactivity too. i refused invitations to at least 10 trackers over the past few month. some of them are sought-after by many.

i'm a member on the best sites and i'm very thankful for this.

today we have an oversupply of content and speed. especially when it comes to scene releases. leeching was never easier even with slow home connections. to choose where and when to download the latest movies in high quality is pure luxury. this luxury is based on the variety of trackers i have.

it really could be worse ....

as sgtmajor said, why is it of anyone's concern to how much internet sites somebody signs up?

the word "collector" brought in as an accusation is often used by those who assume the other has more than he needs or deserves. enviousness is one reason for this allegation.

one shouldn't tell people what and how many sites they need. it's their individual decision.

p.s.
/me is looking forward to the day when bilkenter regrets his dark past and wants to join ftn or fsc.

respawn40
07-15-2008, 06:38 PM
i think everyone should have as many trackers, communities and download ressources as he wants to.

it happens so often that i can find a movie or a cd only on that tracker at all or in the desired quality, then i'm glad that i'm a member there. let it be only one movie per month for a certain tracker. who cares?

of course i deleted some accounts and lost some due to inactivity too. i refused invitations to at least 10 trackers over the past view month. some of them are sought-after by many.

today we have an oversupply of content and speed. especially when it comes to scene releases. leeching was never easier even with slow home connections. to choose where and when to download the latest movies in high quality is pure luxury. this luxury is based on the variety of trackers i have.

as sgtmajor said, why is it of anyone's concern to how much internet sites somebody signs up?

the word "collector" brought in as an accusation is often used by those who assume the other has more than he needs or deserves. enviousness is one reason for this allegation.

one shouldn't tell people what and how many sites they need. it's their individual decision.

p.s.
/me is looking forward to the day when bilkenter regrets his dark past and wants to join ftn or fsc.

I agree with this. Each tracker may have something that all of the other tracks you belong to do not. In this case, I'd be very happy at my decision to have quite a few trackers. If it turns out you don't need a tracker that you have, then it your account will simply be disabled for inactivity, and you'll be free to go. It's like a "rather safe than sorry" thing; you never know when a particular tracker may come in handy.

P.S. :lol::lol::lol:

soulreaper
07-15-2008, 06:38 PM
not sign up, send a PM to a staff member, say im staff on XXX site, can i be VIP please because thats what we do on our tracker.

If they want to be VIP then there is nothing stopping them, but they have to show they are a good member of BCG and deserve it, but lets be honest, most staff are staff on other trackers (for some reason i cant understand, i have my hands full just with BCG) so they dont have time to be a good member of BCG, so we never notice them never mind promote them to VIP.

All I can say is, transparency at its very best!
I also had the same doubt of how a mod/admin can moderate his site and yet be an active member of umpteen torrentsites. But like you said they're probably stagnant at the sites they don't moderate.

it's noobs like blkenter that deter me from posting on FST most of the time.

Couldn't help pointing out, but you could always ignore the users that deter you.

bilkenter
07-15-2008, 06:39 PM
i think everybody has the right to join as many trackers, communities and download ressources as he wants to.

it happens so often that i can find a movie or a cd only on that tracker at all or in the desired quality. then i'm glad that i'm a member there. let it be only one movie per month for a certain tracker. who cares?

of course i deleted some accounts and lost some due to inactivity too. i refused invitations to at least 10 trackers over the past view month. some of them are sought-after by many.

p.s.

Especially this part, i am gonna die laughing

Squizzle
07-15-2008, 06:47 PM
it's noobs like blkenter that deter me from posting on FST most of the time.

Couldn't help pointing out, but you could always ignore the users that deter you.

Oh no doubt mate. Sadly it's the "users that deter me" that represent the overwhelming majority of FST.

There are a few people and threads on this forum of value, but to me most of the talk here is tracker-bumming drivel.

Carry on :)

Duckater
07-15-2008, 06:56 PM

Oh no doubt mate. Sadly it's the "users that deter me" that represent the overwhelming majority of FST.

There are a few people and threads on this forum of value, but to me most of the talk here is tracker-bumming drivel.

Carry on :)

But some times the entertainment level is good for a break :P
But a good point really :)

dunson
07-15-2008, 06:56 PM
Yeah the ignore function is great. Just blocked him myself. I had no idea that it would take away the silly posts. I thought it was a pm ignore function.

Kyokushin
07-15-2008, 06:57 PM
X = numbers of trackers you use + 3

deadalive1
07-15-2008, 07:09 PM

of course i deleted some accounts and lost some due to inactivity too. i refused invitations to at least 10 trackers over the past few month. some of them are sought-after by many.

p.s.
deadalive1 is looking forward to the day when bilkenter regrets his dark past and wants to join ftn or fsc.

Absolutely agree with this. Excellent points made.

As far as the p.s goes,
He tries to incite dismay on a daily basis. He is a plague on this community, a boil that needs to be lanced. The newer folks here who read his inane comments and posts get the wrong idea of what a quality user is and can be. He sets a poor example for those folks.

bilkenter
07-15-2008, 07:13 PM
I am absolutely sure, with this statement, you can definitely join ftn and fsc, i have never thought it would be too easy to buy people... Such a shame, people cannot tolerate the difference of opinions. it is also called Filesharing...

kondrae
07-15-2008, 07:16 PM
different for every person.

i think over 30 is collecting for me

deadalive1
07-15-2008, 07:29 PM
I am absolutely sure, with this statement, you can definitely join ftn and fsc, i have never thought it would be too easy to buy people...
Exactly proved my point about inciting, thank you. Do I want to belong to those , absolutely and when others feel I am deserving of it, I am sure I will be.
You try and make everything about you, what you need to do is listen/read more and talk/type less.

mrnobody
07-15-2008, 07:32 PM
I just go and disable DuDutchy from BCG :) jk.

as for other staffers on sites that are VIP, they are not on BCG.

reason is 2 fold, Only reason why they should be VIP is so they can view an invite forum (be a higher class then everyone apart from staff so they can keep an eye on it for their trackers), and as we have not got an invite forum anymore, because of complaints from staff on other trackers (which was fair enough, i never liked it anyway), then there is no reason for them to be VIP.

And VIP is a Very Important Person, and that to me says that they go above and beyond what they should be doing on the tracker in question.

some sites have "community VIP" class to avoid that. Anyone who is staff of an established tracker, gets that rank.

I don't think a reasonable staff would give someone a VIP status JUST because s/he staffs at that particular tracker.

From my understanding, most VIP'ed staffer know staff from the tracker that they were VIP'ed at.

And some trackers like ScT have like 11 VIPs. I doubt those VIPs are staffers from other places lol

editz: i quoted more than what i said :pinch:

bilkenter
07-15-2008, 07:34 PM
Ok then tell us why you didnt make any statements including threats done by pb here...I am a virus harming everybody in everyway here. Why didnt you say anything regarding soulreaper? You are talking about people who disturbs others in any way... Didnt those threats disturb you in any way? or You are willing to overlook them ? Anyway i dont really see any need to argue with you. You hate me go report me, i am sure there are people who luvs me as well as who hates. It doesnt matter at all! not quantity but quality always. I am glad i dont have any friends who would use their connections to kick some people out though i have friends via whom i can get in anywhere i want. But i am happy with what i have

stoi
07-15-2008, 07:38 PM
We only have 12 VIP and 6 of those are X-staff of BCG.

VIP on BCG is above uploader though, so they can upload anything they want, but do not have to upload regular to keep their position.

BOOM
07-15-2008, 07:39 PM
I`ve 87 trackers...but I`m only active in 63, so I don`t think I`m a collector.

:rolleyes:

Swift
07-15-2008, 07:44 PM
Dude are you serious ? :lol:

soulreaper
07-15-2008, 07:45 PM
I`ve 87 trackers...but I`m only active in 63, so I don`t think I`m a collector.

That totally cracked me up,good one! :lol:

Tudor- You probably missed the smiley right at the bottom of his post :lol:

BOOM
07-15-2008, 07:47 PM
Dude are you serious ? :lol:
No..I`ve all and I use almost all, why not?

deadalive1
07-15-2008, 08:19 PM
Ok then tell us why you didnt make any statements including threats done by pb here...
Threats? I didn't see ANY threat made. I did however see a statement that he made. There is a difference between a statement and a threat.
Again we have a prime example of trying to incite dismay and disconcertion.

JROQuinn
07-15-2008, 08:23 PM
stfu! if you have 1 or more private trackers then you are a collector. Thats my opinion. But opinions are like assholes, everybody has one unless you have a colostomy. Then in that case you have no asshole so does that mean people with colostomies have no opinions?

bilkenter
07-15-2008, 08:25 PM
You can ask mods here about the thread itself... or the proof that soulreaper has forwarded to skizo. If you dont, i can pm you things that prove it... Anyway doesnt matter, you obviously dont wanna meddle with other peoples affair. As long as you get what you want, it doesnt matter who lose. Ok got it dude, pls dont respond back so that we can avoid anymore spam...

deadalive1
07-15-2008, 08:31 PM
You can ask mods here about the thread itself... or the proof that soulreaper has forwarded to skizo. If you dont, i can pm you things that prove it... Anyway doesnt matter, you obviously dont wanna meddle with other peoples affair. As long as you get what you want, it doesnt matter who lose. Ok got it dude, pls dont respond back so that we can avoid anymore spam...
And here it is again, now I'm done with you.

CraigT92
07-15-2008, 08:34 PM
Well it does not matter how many trackers your in if you use them all your not a collector

Ghostbusters
07-15-2008, 08:36 PM
How come every thread made here over the last week or so has within around 10 posts turned into Bilkenter VS the rest of the FST community. It's clear as day that he's talking complete & utter horse shit morning, noon & night.

Having not participated in any of these threads I've been able to take a step back and observe the situation objectively, he's obviously nothing but a sad lonely little attention seeker.

The most disappointing thing is that lot's of people are still dancing to his tune, don't you realise your providing him with the attention he desperately craves & this will go on forever :)

JROQuinn
07-15-2008, 08:39 PM
I collect baseball cards so Im definitely a collector. Also I fap alot & I collect my sperm in a 3 liter coke bottle. Got it filled half way already :D

SgtMajor
07-15-2008, 08:47 PM
I collect baseball cards so Im definitely a collector. Also I fap alot & I collect my sperm in a 3 liter coke bottle. Got it filled half way already :D

Pity the poor tw@t that wakes up in the middle of the night gagging for coke in your place :sick:

/Remind me to never ever stay overnight at your gaffe.

dunson
07-15-2008, 08:48 PM

Hilarious. tyty

And to the poster above this, you're right bilkenter is :ghey:

JROQuinn
07-15-2008, 08:50 PM
I have Mellow Yellow if they want instead of coke ;)

Ghostbusters
07-15-2008, 08:51 PM

Pity the poor tw@t that wakes up in the middle of the night gagging for coke in your place :sick:

/Remind me to never ever stay overnight at your gaffe.

lolol

Not only that JROQuinn your also probably gonna have to take advantage of the 2 for 1 deal at specsavers by the time you've got that bottle filled up.

Nevermind you can probably sell the fruits of your labour to the porn industry to help pay for your new glasses :)

DKre8ive1
07-15-2008, 09:02 PM
Well I think when people first start using torrents yes they do sign-up to every site they can get into and its only a natural progression that after a few years you start getting more picky about where you stick around and even end up loosing what may to others there dream sites due to inactivity, but you could care less since you have what you need.

Beginning torrent user= join as many sites and most likely will even download every cam no matter the quality since they must have every hot file that hits the BT world.

Intermediate torrent user= you still have a lot of trackers but the pre times are the most important aspect of what site you download from and you now begin being more picky on what you download, since by now you can actually read a properly tagged release to see what kind of quality you are getting.

Matured torrent user= You have been around for a while now and most likely the pre times don't mean jack as long as you get some decent speed on your downloads and by now you probably are looking for more then just going to a site and downloading a release and saying thank you in the comments and you find yourself looking for that rare movie you loved years ago and want to see again.

I am not saying the above is a fact but its just my personal observation.

So my conclusion yes everyone is a collecter in the beginning but we all grow with time at least the ones that care about file sharing do.

bilkenter
07-15-2008, 09:07 PM
I think i kinda fit into matured torrent user.:O

DKre8ive1
07-15-2008, 09:13 PM

You were asking as to what to tag a release on another thread which showed you cant read a tag properly so that disqualifies you even as a Intermediate user and most certainly you do not fit into the mature torrent user if you see no problem with users trading accounts to get into sites.

The Flying Cow
07-15-2008, 09:14 PM
^More like a mature FST loser.

1 month and a half here and you have more posts than Fred Astaire had monies.

-Sherman

bilkenter
07-15-2008, 09:19 PM
Well I think when people first start using torrents yes they do sign-up to every site they can get into and its only a natural progression that after a few years you start getting more picky about where you stick around and even end up loosing what may to others there dream sites due to inactivity, but you could care less since you have what you need.

Beginning torrent user= join as many sites and most likely will even download every cam no matter the quality since they must have every hot file that hits the BT world.

Intermediate torrent user= you still have a lot of trackers but the pre times are the most important aspect of what site you download from and you now begin being more picky on what you download, since by now you can actually read a properly tagged release to see what kind of quality you are getting.

Matured torrent user= You have been around for a while now and most likely the pre times don't mean jack as long as you get some decent speed on your downloads and by now you probably are looking for more then just going to a site and downloading a release and saying thank you in the comments and you find yourself looking for that rare movie you loved years ago and want to see again.

So my conclusion yes everyone is a collecter in the beginning but we all grow with time at least the ones that care about file sharing do.

You were asking as to what to tag a release on another thread which showed you cant read a tag properly so that disqualifies you even as a Intermediate user and most certainly you do not fit into the mature torrent user if you see no problem with users trading accounts to get into sites.

Yeah but i havent downloaded anything without seeing ss too, if i see it worthy downloading i download. Other than that, i dont download usually, also i generally use rapid which is my download source, dont download much from torrents, dunno why, dont see much torrents that interests me anyway. Sometimes, mega game pack, or music pack, but rarely. I really dont use it, wbb is the best in my opinion, most of the stuff can be found there even though you cant find them on torrents. Also i dont download games when they are first released etc... At least i wait 1 month for another release unless there are good comments about the game.Also in my opinion, there are much rare things on rpd than torrents. Though opinion differs I think i still fall under mature category though i am not qualified with every aspect of mature torrenting

I think i am in the middle of inter and mature

Ali-g
07-15-2008, 09:21 PM
i'm wondering what peoples # for X would be... i.e.,

if you're a member of more than 5 trackers you're a collector...

10 ? 15 ? 20 ?? 50 ?

regardless of claims that they USE each and every tracker... i'm looking for a blanket statement. ... X or more == Collector

Well lets count em:
1 for ebooks
1 for games
1 for TV
1 General/rare
1 0-day
+ demonoid:D
+ an odd one (sport, MMA, AOM, etc)
+ one if ur over 18 :lol:
definetely id go for 8 (if ur over 18) and 7 (if ur under)

Anyway to see if someone's a collector jst see their giveaways. Ppl love to giveaway to 101 sites so they can be rep'd... Thats definetely collecting

PS: Doesnt FST has any option so I dont see ur avatar Raban? :whistling

dunson
07-15-2008, 09:24 PM

Very well put. I never cared much about pretime, but I think intermediate is generally correct.

I might add that security, a good staff and a good uploader team are also more recognizable and more important to the advanced torrenter.

The Flying Cow
07-15-2008, 10:28 PM
Such as yourself, you mean, dunse? :P

-Sherman

puckface
07-15-2008, 11:12 PM
two

walkman79
07-15-2008, 11:40 PM
After I have read this thread some things have changed in my mind about the term collector.

I can't see anything bad on joining many sites as long as you abide by their rules and you are active. Besides, most private trackers are against leaking, that is, you can't upload their torrents to other trackers. So, the only way for you to get all the stuff you want is by joining some of the best general and specialized trackers.

I'm a member of many trackers (16) and I take care of all my accounts following their rules and being active. I always avoid to join trackers which I don't need, BCG for instance, since I'm not a gamer. I rent a seedbox because I love to share and I don't wanna be a leecher. I also upload new stuff and donate to my trackers.
Am I a Collector?
Maybe, but a good one who cares about his trackers as jewels :). I don't like the term collector though.

What I used to call a collector was someone who doesn't care about his trackers, their rules or their community. For me a collector was someone who try to signup on all the trackers he/she can regardless of the contents. The most important thing for a collector is the rarity. That's why I sometimes hate the Tracker Level System since this gives Collectors something to look for. Some of these collectors are even worse since they are not satisfied with one account and they usually create more than one and obviously they prefer the highest levels.

I'm not on FTN or FSC and I definitely would love to get into them but I'm not desperate because I think I already have all what I need. I'm on SCT, ITS and SCL but I also like Demonoid a lot, since if fits my needs.

So, if you call me a collector you should invent a new term for the people who don't care about rules or the community of their trackers and only cares about the rarity of them. I don't want to be tarred with the same brush, that would be offensive.

PS: According to these DKre8ive1's definitions I've always been a "Matured Torrent User" since the beginning lol

JROQuinn
07-15-2008, 11:54 PM
why do people post threads when the answers are not a single factual answer but rather the only rightful & true answer is the opinion of the person reading the question & their answers all vary.
pointless.... Unless you have some agenda that you are trying to know all about certain people here on this forum & if that is the case then you need to get out into the real world from time to time.

there is no "blanket number" Its all dependent on the user. I can have 5 & only use 2 of them....that doesnt make me a collector, that just means the other 3 are useless to me & I just wanted to get a feel of how the community or what the content is like. Because regardless of what people say about content, someone might enjoy the content when 10 others say it absolutely sux.

Now I have many trackers, some of which I dont use but i keep just in case of something i cant find anywhere else. Does that make me a collector of those I dont use except for that rare occasion? Thats a matter of your opinion which is useless.

So in that case if i get purged from that tracker for lack of activity then that is the only opinion that matters & is not goin to make me cry. Such as the recent case with ScL. Maybe they will get a good member to take my place. Chances are that will take time since the scum & ignorant of the torrent world outweighs the good guys such as myself & others.

killercam101
07-15-2008, 11:56 PM
^^ I agree with JROQuinn what's the point of breeding ligers?

JROQuinn
07-15-2008, 11:58 PM
none i tell u, none

pone44
07-16-2008, 02:57 AM
JROQuinn-True! to each his-her own. Some members probably use all the sites they have, others may not? Some are collectors/traders ,some just have a lot of friends and maybe signed up when new to torrent sites, then being invited to sites harder to get into but still maintaining your old accounts, so the person who invited you is not penalized.

I do not know 50 really good sites! That is a lot-maybe too much? 20 sites would be too much to maintain for me. Someone else could probably handle 20 different sites and use them personally...

50? maybe

lower than that is not

Nemrod
07-16-2008, 03:00 AM
IŽll take the same bus than SgtMajor, PolarBear and JROQuinn, as usual.

Sanka113
07-16-2008, 04:50 AM
If you've got more trackers than you do teeth, than you might be a redneck...err collector.

walkman79
07-16-2008, 05:56 AM
Yeah JROQuinn, this thread is pointless. why did we post here :P lol

The answer is always subjective, and varies according to each person. But there is a thing I want to recall: there is no rule anti-collector since the term is very vague. A person like JROQuinn could be called collector since he doesn't use all the trackers where he has signed up and he has even been disabled in one of them. However, he hasn't actually broken any rule or caused harm to the tracker's community. He was probably a bad member of that particular tracker but nothing else.

Some of you use the term collector as a derogatory term, but one more time, if I've ever used the term collector in a derogatory way I was referring to people who don't take care of their tracker's contents and communities, people who usually create multiple accounts and want trackers only for their rarity.

On the other hand, if I invite someone and he/she gets disabled because of inactivity it pisses me off since some trackers see this as a sign of irresponsibility by the inviter. That's why I usually give all the information, pros and cons about the tracker in question, to my presumable invitees.
If someone doesn't have an inviter, that is, he signed up when it was open, and then is disabled because of inactivity is ok I guess :)

stupidcrab
07-16-2008, 06:02 AM
I consider 5 is too less.....IMO

You may focus on serveral things (ex:anime/movie/tv/ebook/game/console/app/graphic/music)

Sometimes you will use either when you are finding something you want.
It doesn't mean that you are collector.

And more trackers you own,more things you get.Not all thing will be released in single tracker.So you will need to join different tracker to find .

15 trackers and more ,I consider.

Ghostbusters
07-16-2008, 06:22 AM
You guy's are finally getting there :)

walkman79
07-18-2008, 06:31 AM
This thread is pointless since you are assuming that a collector can be defined by the number of trackers he/she is a member of. That's totally wrong and that's why it turned into a dilemma to me and I started my own thread to clarify what a collector is (yeah, I can be obsessive sometimes :P) and I came to this conclusion after I have read all the comments here and from my thread:

A collector is someone who joins to every tracker he can and usually prefers higher levels, he is always looking for invites and sites open for singups, but he really doesn't use most of his trackers or just keep a minimum activity on them.

In this definition a collector could be a trader but not necessarily, he could also be an anti-trader who takes care of some accounts but doesn't give a damn about others. A collector could also be that scum who doesn't care about community and sells invites and accounts on ebay. That is, collector is not an insult after all. The most important thing for a collector is rarity and/or contents like collectors in the real world :)

There isn't any direct relation with the number of trackers you are member of, but there is a relation between collectors and this ratio:
trackers you use/trackers you have :).

Shalafi
07-18-2008, 07:34 AM
In collecting number is not important.The point is in rarity.

So there are few collectors in this forum.

Swift
07-18-2008, 09:46 AM
some collect cars , some collect old stamps , some collect mouse pads , cd , etc why not trackers ?:)

The Flying Cow
07-18-2008, 10:48 AM
I collect mothers.

In my basement.

-Sherman

aysomc
07-18-2008, 10:54 AM
53 is the answer. any less and you really like torrents, any more and you're a filthy whore who just sits around collecting sites for no reason.

as i wrote that i just remembered how many people here cant pick up on sarcasm to save their life... whatever.

predateur
07-18-2008, 12:04 PM
if you have 15-20 trackers and your active on all of them that still doesn`t make you a collector

thats make you an active collector lol

The Flying Cow
07-18-2008, 12:36 PM
And you're an active trader lol

:pinch:

-Sherman

predateur
07-18-2008, 01:05 PM
And you're an active trader lol

:pinch:

-Sherman

me ? lol yes you can say that ... :P

integral
07-18-2008, 01:16 PM
The epithet "collector" really does have a negative connotation; I understand it to be a person who attempts to join various trackers (regardless of difficulty to join) in order to brag about their membership in said trackers, trade invites to boost popularity or reputation (in forums such as these), or trade accounts once they have farmed them to decent upload/download ratio.

Now, back to the OP. Being a member of x trackers doesn't make you a collector; it's what you do on these trackers, obviously. If you're on 30 trackers, and have the time and dedication to be an active member on all of them, and don't use your membership/invites/accounts to gain power or status elsewhere, then you don't deserve a negative title such as "collector".

Raban
07-18-2008, 01:47 PM
to join various trackers (regardless of difficulty to join) in order to brag about their membership in said trackers

that statement is a contradiction ... why would someone brag about a site thats EASY to join .. . . ..

collectors want the best of the best sites ... tons of them... no collector is going around bragging about being a member of FunFile or sceneleech . . . .

Night0wl
07-18-2008, 02:14 PM
You forgot one little detail in this equation.

I am member at more than 20 sites, but that doesn't make me a collector. That makes me a content whore, because I download old, new, scene, non-scene, music, movies, TV etc. etc.

Many of the things I download I can only find at one or two of those sites.

eden297
07-18-2008, 02:25 PM
ppl that register to every open tracker are collectors.
and also ppl that has more than 5 0-day (general) sites (im not talking about sites with rare torrents like zamuda and demonoid im talking about ppl that has its+scl+czone+ iplay ect).
u can use 15 trackers and still not be a collector if every site has differnt use like: tvt for tv ,tl for 0-day ,aom for magic, zamunda for rare things, kg for movies, waffles for music and more..
and ppl that tryig to get rare shit sites ( and say - its for the good community) are collectors too.

LuckIEE
07-18-2008, 02:28 PM
20 seems fair there are a lot of good trackers out there

integral
07-18-2008, 03:10 PM
to join various trackers (regardless of difficulty to join) in order to brag about their membership in said trackers

that statement is a contradiction ... why would someone brag about a site thats EASY to join .. . . ..

collectors want the best of the best sites ... tons of them... no collector is going around bragging about being a member of FunFile or sceneleech . . . .

I didn't make that statement very clear, I suppose. I meant that they brag about the number of trackers they're members of, not each specific tracker, although some people do brag about easy trackers to get into (TorrentLeech).

wheeloftime
07-18-2008, 03:32 PM
some collect cars , some collect old stamps , some collect mouse pads , cd , etc why not trackers ?:)

How many mouse pads do you have to have to be a collector?

SgtMajor
07-18-2008, 03:34 PM

How many mouse pads do you have to have to be a collector?

Depends on how many cat naps there are allowed in any one day.

The Flying Cow
07-18-2008, 05:05 PM
Let's cut the bullshit. Who are you people to say what number of trackers means you're a collector?

To each his own FFS. We don't all have the same downloading habits, we don't all like the same things in trackers, so each can join as many sites as he likes.

Like Blue_Skies said, if you like rare shit, only 1 out of 20 sites will have it. So you're a member of those 20 sites, so you can have all the different rare stuff in each.

And 20 is just a random number. I'm sure there's people who are at 30 sites and they're active.

Collectors are people who, no matter how many sites they're in, are in those sites just to use them as bargaining chips, as bragging e-phallus rights, and are members in places where they're not even active, or where they don't even download anything. That's collecting trackers.

If you use your trackers, you're not collecting.

End of discussion!

-Sherman

kfir6669
07-18-2008, 05:12 PM
more than 5.

Catcher
07-18-2008, 05:49 PM
You can have even 50 trackers.
As long as you use them you are not a collector.
And you can have only 5 trackers.
But if you use only one of them you can consider you self collector.

Raban
07-18-2008, 06:04 PM
You can have even 50 trackers.

nah i disagree... anyone who is a member of 50 trackers is DEFINITELY a collector... regardless of their claim to be "using" all fifty trackers...

which brings things into a real grey area cause who defines "use" of a tracker... does "using a tracker" simply mean you aren't getting deleted for inactivity? or does it mean you download / upload 1 GB each day ...

adding 50 trackers to a firefox bookmark folder and clicking "open all in tabs" once a week doesn't constitute "use"

The Flying Cow
07-18-2008, 06:09 PM
So what constitutes use then, expert? :huh:

-Sherman

Raban
07-18-2008, 06:20 PM
So what constitutes use then, expert? :huh:

-Sherman

you tell me shaman

SgtMajor
07-18-2008, 06:21 PM
adding 50 trackers to a firefox bookmark folder and clicking "open all in tabs" once a week doesn't constitute "use"

Which torrenting bible is that from then?

Raban
07-18-2008, 06:23 PM

so you're saying that opening 50 tabs at once just to avoid deletion due to inactivity does consitute use? ok that is your opinion. . .

SgtMajor
07-18-2008, 06:28 PM

so you're saying that opening 50 tabs at once just to avoid deletion due to inactivity does consitute use? ok that is your opinion. . .

Where does it state what is & isn't use?

Opinions are fine, facts are better.

My opinion it that it has nothing to do with me what others do with their accounts, how many accounts they have and which trackers they belong to, that is up to them & their tracker staff what constitutes use, not me.

t1m3k33p3r
07-19-2008, 03:56 AM
If you use the tracker and actually care about it, it's worth having. Collecting is letting an account collect dust and sits there while no one touches it. Why bother even having it in the first place unless you plan on trading it?

deuce6000
07-19-2008, 05:56 AM
I have a lot of trackers but i don't collect them that is just retarded.