PDA

View Full Version : Have you met Trade ?

bilkenter
07-15-2008, 07:45 PM
I wonder how many of you has traded in the past, still trading and such, here is the chance to say it. I also wonder how many of you are courageous enough to say it here...

I havent traded any accounts of mine but i got accounts of others for free, i guess this qualifies as trade. So lets hear your meeting with trade ha :P

Swift
07-15-2008, 07:45 PM
I traded .. I have 1 topic made check my history

the first and the last one made in FST and everywhere else I`m active I still regret doing it :( made me lose a very great tracker elektronik ( Ban IP )

bilkenter
07-15-2008, 07:47 PM
Oh good to hear m8:) I always wanted to meet with ex traders:) thanks for your courage to contribute this thread :)

Edit: what happened to the sons of noah on your old avatar dude?

markupmaster
07-15-2008, 08:09 PM
I haven't met him. You want to introduce him to me?

:P

In all seriousness,I traded when I first started torrenting but that was over a year ago..

BOOM
07-15-2008, 08:11 PM
I think few people will answer this thread cuz they`ll be scared of be banned from some trackers :lol:

anyway, who never traded at least once in the past?!

JROQuinn
07-15-2008, 08:26 PM
I trade money for products when I go to the store

bilkenter
07-15-2008, 08:29 PM
I haven't met him. You want to introduce him to me?

:P

In all seriousness,I traded when I first started torrenting but that was over a year ago..

Ahahaha, sure, he is waiting in the corner right now, before you talk tell him that i sent you :cool:

Actually, this is what i would like to find out, how many users are there who can admit what they did? :)

sokrates
07-15-2008, 08:35 PM
i never traded. getting accounts from others for free doesnt qualify as trade imo, it just looks like it from the staff's perspective, which doesnt make it one..
dunno why, but some nice persons invited me everywhere.. perhaps because i am such an asshole.. who knows^^

dunson
07-15-2008, 08:49 PM
I only trade bodily fluids with hotties.

JROQuinn
07-15-2008, 08:51 PM
I only trade bodily fluids with hotties.

ewww pee & diarrhea too?

I wonder how many of you has traded in the past, still trading and such, here is the chance to say it. I also wonder how many of you are courageous enough to say it here...

I havent traded any accounts of mine but i got accounts of others for free, i guess this qualifies as trade. So lets hear your meeting with trade ha :P

if you wanna know so bad then look at the first threads opened by members in the invite section in their public profiles....that usually is the giveaway

IdolEyes787
07-15-2008, 09:02 PM
Traded baseball/hockey cards and spit.

And insults of course,other than that nada.

Of course who's to say I not lying so the thread is pretty pointless.

bilkenter
07-15-2008, 09:05 PM
It may be pointless for you m8, but not for me :) i am looking for something else here.

IdolEyes787
07-15-2008, 09:08 PM
What, that 90% of the people here break the rules?
Old news.
Bothers the hell out of me to see them on sites I can't get on though.

Night0wl
07-15-2008, 09:35 PM
I came very close when first starting out, but thankfully some people made me see the light.

Unlike many others, that almost trade was for the one site, that I was dying to get into. Not some level stepping stone shit. Funny enough, when I decided that it was the wrong route, I had no problem getting in and never have to worry about my account there.

respawn40
07-15-2008, 10:17 PM
Well, I only joined this site a little while ago. But I already believe that I don't need to trade my way into great trackers. It just takes patience, among other things. Trading usually hurts more than it helps, from what I have seen.

puckface
07-15-2008, 10:25 PM
I have traded, and still do trade. It does not make me a bad user in any way. You can see my stats, forum posts and IRC presence on the trackers I am a member of and I will stack them against any ones here.

Point being, being a trader does not make you a bad user. Also, giveaways are just as "bad" as trading when you give your reasons for trading being bad (which I dont think it is) step back and see if those reasons also apply to giving away an account. Hint: They do.

stoi
07-15-2008, 10:27 PM
well who said that giving away an account is not the same as trading?

it is to the staff of the site, we are not mind readers, we see some changes in the details, banned. we dont know if its a trade or a giveaway, and tbh, it wouldnt matter anyway, it would still be banned.

bilkenter
07-15-2008, 10:27 PM
I am damn glad i opened such a thread, it is good to meet with friends with whom i have some common points here:)

I am guessing the traditional definition of trade is not the same with give aways at least at the first sight. If you look at the reasons for give away, it might be trade though

stoi
07-15-2008, 10:31 PM
but in answer to the ?, no i have never traded.

I have been a member at 4 sites in my entire life.

Seeders-paradise which is now torrent-lab and left after a month.

potuk again left after about a month

a lvl 9 tracker that does not like its name mentioned. i deleted my account after a week, just wasnt for me (and this was only about 5 months ago or something)

and BCG obviously lol

puckface
07-15-2008, 10:31 PM
well who said that giving away an account is not the same as trading?

it is to the staff of the site, we are not mind readers, we see some changes in the details, banned. we dont know if its a trade or a giveaway, and tbh, it wouldnt matter anyway, it would still be banned.

No one said it here, but you will see all over the place in these forums "anti-traders" giving away invites and accounts. I'm just making an off-hand observation sir.

IdolEyes787
07-15-2008, 10:34 PM
Puckface is trading an invite and trading an account the same to you?
Just curious.

stoi
07-15-2008, 10:34 PM
why do people put invites and accounts into the same argument all the time.

to me they are totally different things.

with an invite at least you start from the bottom, and you have your own account.

with an account, you may just need it for the buffer its got, or its a VIP or a donor for a month, then trade it again once that runs out.

so your basically their just to rape the site dry, then you just trade for another one at the same tracker, or a different tracker with the one you have raped clean.

puckface
07-15-2008, 10:36 PM
Puckface is trading an invite and trading an account the same to you?
Just curious.

Nope, they are not.

IdolEyes787
07-15-2008, 10:37 PM
I wasn't putting them in the same category hence the question.

stoi
07-15-2008, 10:38 PM
i was replying to puckface, you typed yours before i entered mine lol

IdolEyes787
07-15-2008, 10:46 PM
I'm very conflicted on the whole issue.
I'm not condoning trading but I trust puckface a lot more than some of the anti-traders here.

I do believe first and foremost that you have to respect the rules of the trackers however much you might disagree with them (bilkenter).
It's their asses on the line afterall.

I've pretty much given up on invite giving btw.
As much as I'd like to give people a hand up there's just too many jerks out there.

puckface
07-15-2008, 11:10 PM
i was replying to puckface, you typed yours before i entered mine lol

forget it, I have a slow brain too.

lysine
07-15-2008, 11:38 PM
I'm very conflicted on the whole issue.
I'm not condoning trading but I trust puckface a lot more than some of the anti-traders here.

"anti-traders" is just a phenomenon that came about from message boards like this.

I've never "traded" an invite, and certainly not an account. someone has offered to invite me somewhere, and much later on, when the opportunity arose, I have invited them to a site I thought they might find interesting. it's never been about getting X invite for Y invite. it's an issue of gratitude and friendship, rather than trying to get ahead. 99% of the people I've given invites to, are also people I know from non-filesharing sites like music communities and various forums that have nothing to do with bittorrent. that's your best bet, imo.

lostdemon
07-15-2008, 11:49 PM
I haven't traded and pretty sure I never will but I have seen alot of "anti traders" here in FST who end up contradicting themselves in what they say and that's sad. Actions like this are what make it hard for good members here to trust anyone.

aaatoel
07-16-2008, 12:10 AM
Never traded, never will! I had good friends who gave me what I wanted! :)

fstalk
07-16-2008, 01:29 AM
no, but i'm curious how they contact me.

Sanka113
07-16-2008, 04:56 AM
I never met Trade. The bastard didn't show up at the rendezvous point. I guess he knew that WE (the NSA) were on to him.

soulreaper
07-16-2008, 05:40 AM
I never met Trade. The bastard didn't show up at the rendezvous point. I guess he knew that WE (the NSA) where on to him.

ROFL, ahahahaha hahahahahhaaaa,good one:lol:

/faints

respawn40
07-16-2008, 06:00 AM
When did bilkenter get disabled :o

bblogs
07-16-2008, 06:26 AM

At the precise moment that several other miracles occured (although admittedly the others don't match the significance of bilkenter being disabled)

Another note...

Law Enforcements:

Obey the law, don't download illegally. Piracy is ruining the music industry blah blah whinge whinge...Anti-traders:

Obey the rules, don't trade. Trading is ruining trackers blah blah whinge whinge...:whistling I'm not taking a stance right now but it's incredibly hypocritical, like that guy crying when his tracker banner was pirated :lol:.

Drug runner:

The cops broke in without a valid search warrant!

RedRansom
07-16-2008, 06:40 AM

http: (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-lounge-10/t-bilkenters-spam-shop-303111/page2#post2890096)//filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-lounge-10/t-bilkenters-spam-shop-303111/page2#post2890096 (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-lounge-10/t-bilkenters-spam-shop-303111/page2#post2890096)

I guess we will love you or you will say good by :wave:

Squizzle
07-16-2008, 08:53 AM
I was already on all the trackers I could ever need before I realised trading even existed.

Trading's for impatient nubs.

What's the point in being on a tracker with an account that's not yours? Ratio that's not yours, a username that's not yours, maybe even forum posts and comments that aren't yours.

Also if you get caught then you're immediately hated by everyone and your IP address / e-mail address / any other dirt is passed around. :D

Never understood trading or the obsession with different trackers, never will. I guess people just want what they can't have?

Most trackers carry the same files and have cool enough people chatting on them anyway. Just find one you can get your files from, have a chit-chat, and get settled.

Fuck the trading lists and all the "levels". It's pathetic man.

DeadCell
07-16-2008, 12:04 PM
I was already on all the trackers I could ever need before I realised trading even existed.

What's the point in being on a tracker with an account that's not yours? Ratio that's not yours, a username that's not yours, maybe even forum posts and comments that aren't yours.

Also if you get caught then you're immediately hated by everyone and your IP address / e-mail address / any other dirt is passed around. :D

Never understood trading or the obsession with different trackers, never will. I guess people just want what they can't have?

Most trackers carry the same files and have cool enough people chatting on them anyway. Just find one you can get your files from, have a chit-chat, and get settled.

I second that :happy: I know for myself i want to join a site for the pleasure of the forums, irc and torrents and, well, using someone else's name etc kinda defeats the whole feeling of being a part of a community. At the end of the day the only real thing that differs from site to site is the community and the people there.

ryan20021982
07-16-2008, 01:11 PM
Never traded an account

And you dont need to, if your active here and help out you will
get more than you need

Raban
07-16-2008, 01:49 PM

is it just for 2 days like last time ?? i miss him already . . .. . =/

SgtMajor
07-16-2008, 03:11 PM

How do we start a petition for him to re-enabled or un-disabled, even clowns & idiots need a stage to perform on.

IdolEyes787
07-16-2008, 03:40 PM

Disabled eh.
When he hadn't posted for a couple of hours I was beginning to wonder if he was dead.

dunson
07-16-2008, 04:06 PM
And my thread petitioning for him to be voted off the island was spam. HA! I'm psychic, that's all.

ghurka
07-16-2008, 04:11 PM

How do we start a petition for him to re-enabled or un-disabled, even clowns & idiots need a stage to perform on.....but he'd only fall off!

SgtMajor
07-16-2008, 04:17 PM
How do we start a petition for him to re-enabled or un-disabled, even clowns & idiots need a stage to perform on.....but he'd only fall off!

If I laughed would that be considered insensitive of me? You know me, the caring & sensitive person that I am I would hate to be labelled otherwise.

guitarhero
07-16-2008, 04:54 PM
On-topic :

I only traded once.. i gave a RevTT and i got scammed :)) I had more 2 tentatives a pretty long time ago, but i didn`t trade :). Now i can say i don`t trade AT ALL. I started hating ppl who are trading their accounts :(.

t1m3k33p3r
07-16-2008, 09:49 PM
no, trade bad. nothing against traders though

KiNGjeb
07-17-2008, 12:49 AM

I second that :happy: I know for myself i want to join a site for the pleasure of the forums, irc and torrents and, well, using someone else's name etc kinda defeats the whole feeling of being a part of a community. At the end of the day the only real thing that differs from site to site is the community and the people there.

You DeadCell are one hypocrite pos.

respawn40
07-17-2008, 01:27 AM

orly?

t1m3k33p3r
07-17-2008, 06:32 AM

why is this KiNGjeb? Although I do not know you, I am wondering why you would outright just criticize someone with no reason. Do explain?

jasperr
07-17-2008, 04:45 PM
don't mind KiNGjeb.... he's part of the l33tist club on TR... thinks his shit don't stink.. once he gets over himself(if ever), he'll realize what a pathetic waste of oxygen he really is... lmao....

this is really funny too! Seeing as though KiNGjeb and DeadCell are one and the same...O.o

Nothing like having a discussion with yourself.. especially when you call yourself names... lmao

The Flying Cow
07-17-2008, 06:00 PM
KINGclown and DC are the same person?

OMFGLOL

-Sherman

jasperr
07-17-2008, 06:02 PM
KINGclown and DC are the same person?

OMFGLOL

-Sherman

had a search on the web, interesting results.. :whistling

http://steamcommunity.com/id/kingjeb

Raban
07-17-2008, 06:02 PM
i'm confused

jasperr
07-17-2008, 06:05 PM
why are you confused Raban?? it's simple, DC and KiNGjeb are the same person... search for yourself..

i must admit, i was a bit surprised myself...

dunson
07-17-2008, 06:08 PM
In other news, Doorman is God runs some hot servers.

The Flying Cow
07-17-2008, 06:12 PM
Regarding the topic title, not that it matters, but I never knowingly traded anything.

Don't believe in that bollocks, simpel as that. If you need to trade to get anywhere, then you shouldn't be getting there.

-Sherman

jasperr
07-17-2008, 06:12 PM
of course,

how silly of me....... change the subject.... lets keep this hush hush... ;)

no ones supposed to know.. lmao

Regarding the topic title, not that it matters, but I never knowingly traded anything.

Don't believe in that bollocks, simpel as that. If you need to trade to get anywhere, then you shouldn't be getting there.

-Sherman

is that even considered trading?? if you don't know that your doing it..? :blink:

dunson
07-17-2008, 06:22 PM
Note that Shaman is referring to the trade the baby is doing in his avatar. The little guy didn't know that his cellmate was going to give him a shank for that pack of bones.

IdolEyes787
07-17-2008, 06:31 PM
i'm confused

I agree.

Until this moment I never heard of deadcell or kingjeb either.True story.

1000possibleclaws
07-17-2008, 07:20 PM
Deadcell is the owner of PTN, and last I heard Kingjeb was his nick at another invite forum where he's an admin. Why he (or someone else) made a dupe account here to troll at himself is beyond me..

not that this really matters in the first place

jasperr
07-17-2008, 07:33 PM
true... but still it was funny after realizing that ....

The Flying Cow
07-17-2008, 07:55 PM
I thought they were cigarettes dunse? :unsure:

Yeah it doesn't really matter at all Idol. I was just shocked, as I thought DC was a funny charecter, whereas KINGclown (apperently his alias) is a self-absorbed jester that does a circus show at another invite forum place, lyke.

-Sherman

IdolEyes787
07-17-2008, 07:58 PM
Weird but entertaining.

There's another invite site?:rolleyes:

dunson
07-17-2008, 08:28 PM
I thought they were cigarettes dunse? :unsure:

Yeah it doesn't really matter at all Idol. I was just shocked, as I thought DC was a funny charecter, whereas KINGclown (apperently his alias) is a self-absorbed clown that does a circus show at another invite forum place, lyke.

-Sherman

Bones is really ghetto slang for cigarettes. ;)

lostdemon
07-18-2008, 03:33 AM
That's funny where I'm from Bones is really ghetto slang for Domino's.

I've played with alot of people that have been in jail or prison and they all call it that.

Swift
07-18-2008, 09:56 AM
I like the people who have in their signature and title "NON-trader , never traded , if you are a trader don`t pm , STOP TRADERS ...etc :D it`s funny

The Flying Cow
07-18-2008, 10:46 AM
Where I'm from bones is ghetto slang for that hard white stuff in your body with calcium and that.

-Sherman

aysomc
07-18-2008, 10:56 AM
Where I'm from bones is ghetto slang for that hard white stuff in your body with calcium and that.

-Sherman

WHAT?!??!?!?!

absurd.

lostdemon
07-18-2008, 11:45 AM
That actually cracked me up

helpme
07-18-2008, 12:04 PM
Never met him and i will never

nthpeter
07-18-2008, 06:08 PM
I traded lots of trackers, but havent lost anything for trading (im lucky). But im not a trader anymore, i try to be active on forums and leech lots of GBs i buffered.

Axoric
07-18-2008, 07:22 PM
I met Ted after I made trade

SgtMajor
07-18-2008, 07:42 PM
I'd be interested in what the OP thinks after all these replies.