PDA

View Full Version : Can someone from bitmetv do a quick favor?

pimfram
07-16-2008, 03:43 PM
I was letting a guy seed some stuff on my account and now he says the account has been disabled. If anyone would be willing to check the status of my account, I would really appreciate it.

Pm me for more info.

ovisan
07-16-2008, 03:49 PM
Useless thread mate

SgtMajor
07-16-2008, 03:59 PM
Account sharing = disabled (no matter the reason, more so if different country IPs show up)

No questions, no excuses, no second chances, they have 1000s of members, you mean diddly shit to them.

SgtMajor
07-16-2008, 03:59 PM
Double posting laggy server shit :D

F.B.I
07-16-2008, 04:00 PM
Account sharing = disabled (no matter the reason, more so if different country IPs show up)

No questions, no excuses, no second chances, they have 1000s of members, you mean diddly shit to them.

Woow! Awesome! :lol:

markupmaster
07-16-2008, 04:04 PM
Sharing Accounts at Bitmetv?

You won't be back in..

:dabs:

Cr3aTiV3
07-16-2008, 04:04 PM
I also wanna know if i have an accnt on bitmetv and i dwnld from there and sometimes seed from my frnd's seedbox(who is actually not a member at bitmetv) will it affect my accnt in any form. Please frnds help me:)

F.B.I
07-16-2008, 04:06 PM
I also wanna know if i have an accnt on bitmetv and i dwnld from there and sometimes seed from my frnd's seedbox(who is actually not a member at bitmetv) will it affect my accnt in any form. Please frnds help me:)

It's the same of having a home connection and a seedbox so seems ok for me.

SgtMajor
07-16-2008, 04:06 PM

Woow! Awesome! :lol:

They wish to devote their time to their members that follow their FAQ & Rules, nothing wrong in that, they are after all the ones that allow their tracker to run much more smoothly, I was not being disparaging about the staff, just blunt.

Blatantly ignoring tracker fundamentals are a big no-no, small indiscretions can be overcome by some grovelling, but I'm afraid saying in public you allowed someone to attempt to buffer your account without clearing it is just plain daft knowing the staff that they are.

Why beat about the bush?

C.H.A.O.S
07-16-2008, 04:07 PM
What if i use my account from my PC and seedbox ?!!

SgtMajor
07-16-2008, 04:11 PM

Put it in your profile, the more you put in your notes, the easier you make it for staff.

Put the first parts of your IPs as well:

Seeding from home & Seedbox, IPs are:

123.123.xxx.xxx
321.321.xxx.xxx

Polarbear
07-16-2008, 04:14 PM

i can borrow you some vowels if that helps.

it shouldn't affect your account. let staff know that you use a seedbox before.

edit: that happens when you pick up the phone while typing a reply. someone is faster. :-)

C.H.A.O.S
07-16-2008, 04:16 PM

Put it in your profile, the more you put in your notes, the easier you make it for staff.

Put the first parts of your IPs as well:

Seeding from home & Seedbox, IPs are:

123.123.xxx.xxx
321.321.xxx.xxx
Thank you for the advice

pimfram
07-16-2008, 05:02 PM
So I'm pretty much shit outta luck? I guess I didn't know using a seedbox would do that. Oh well.

Sanka113
07-17-2008, 07:27 AM
BMTV is now ( and has been for awhile) one of the trackers that allow you to seed from multiple locations. Problems only arise if you are logging into the actual site from multiple locations.

Ali-g
07-17-2008, 09:05 AM
Y did u post it here, post it at their IRC... (I think he thinks his friend has betrayed him and got the acc on his own, while saying it was disabled :P... though Nice Friends u got lol)

pimfram
07-17-2008, 08:38 PM
It's probably because of the multiple login IPs. Could someone give me the IRC channel or check the status of my account (same username as here)?

krisil
07-18-2008, 02:24 PM
Y did u post it here, post it at their IRC... (I think he thinks his friend has betrayed him and got the acc on his own, while saying it was disabled :P... though Nice Friends u got lol)

i think so as well . he just wants to know if the account has actually been disabled or his ' friend ' has lied to him and has stolen the account .

puckface
07-18-2008, 02:40 PM
It's probably because of the multiple login IPs. Could someone give me the IRC channel or check the status of my account (same username as here)?

well, if you ever did have an account registered there under the same name you have here, it sure isn't there now.

pimfram
07-19-2008, 05:22 AM

well, if you ever did have an account registered there under the same name you have here, it sure isn't there now.
Thanks for the info, I guess he wasn't lying.

djkamikaze
07-20-2008, 08:31 AM
I just talked to one of their forum mods, and they said your account was banned because staff asked you some questions via PM several times and they know you read the PM's, and you never answered them, but were still showing up to use the site for 2 weeks.

they said you could have avoided this if you had replied in the 2 weeks they gave you or simply stopped by their irc .help channel.

pimfram
07-21-2008, 06:11 PM
I just talked to one of their forum mods, and they said your account was banned because staff asked you some questions via PM several times and they know you read the PM's, and you never answered them, but were still showing up to use the site for 2 weeks.

they said you could have avoided this if you had replied in the 2 weeks they gave you or simply stopped by their irc .help channel.
I should kill the stupid fucker who was buffering it for me.

Could you give me the IRC channel, I'll see if it's not too late to get it back.

deadalive1
07-21-2008, 06:23 PM

So you gave access to your account to someone else? Make sure you tell them that also. They love hearing how people put their site potentially at risk. Enjoy your disablement.

Raban
07-21-2008, 07:44 PM
unbelievable what people will do with accounts on such a great site...

i'm so afraid to even fart funny on that website thinking they'll take my acct away and this guy goes and gives it away to someone for a couple weeks without even thinking

you don't deserve to get it back and thankfully they have a policy 1 acct per lifetime so you'll never get in again...

djkamikaze
07-21-2008, 07:55 PM
I understand the same thing happened to him @ what.cd, only there he had multiple accounts, too, so I expect he'll eventually be back @ bitmetv with a new account, and getting some poor slob banned for inviting him back.

warez.bb isn't exactly a reputable place to get your invites, pimfram ;-)

edit:
I love how the story in these "i got banned @..." threads alwasy evolves and changes:
it went from

I was letting a guy seed some stuff on my account and now he says the account has been disabled
to:

I guess I didn't know using a seedbox would do that
to this:

anyway, to answer another person's question in this thread:

I also wanna know if i have an accnt on bmtv and i dwnld from there and sometimes seed from my frnd's seedbox(who is actually not a member at bitmetv) will it affect my accnt in any form.
it may.
their rules explicitly state that you are not to share your account, passkey, password, or login info with ANYONE, and by using a seedbox that is not yours, you are technically sharing all your private info with someone else. Also, you would need to be 100% sure that the person who owns that box REALLY never had an account there; people tell their friends lies all the time, so try to make sure.

If you place a note in your profile saying "I'm using a friend's seedbox that is on IP address 222.222.xxx.xxx", then you shouldn't have any problems at most torrent sites, including bmtv.