PDA

View Full Version : I have a few questions about FTN

Elecktricity
07-16-2008, 06:37 PM
I keep seeing this private torrent site name FTN popping up all over torrent forums and people treat it like it's something spiritual.

When I got to the site after searching for it's proper url name all I got faced with was a SquirrelMail page...:blink:

Can anyone tell me what this site is like and why it's entrance page is just something totally different.

dunson
07-16-2008, 06:41 PM
It's a squirrel fan page. We worship the almighty squirrel, who sometimes comes down from the mountaintop where his palace is to grace us with his nuts. The website is really just a place for us to offer him sacrifices.

aaatoel
07-16-2008, 06:43 PM
Hey mate! FTN is a 0day tracker, as I am sure you already know, with great staff and a ratio-free system. Very user friendly and quite hard to get in! The SquirrelMail page is a security feature which is useless for anybody who is not in the tracker but for the members is great! :)

Elecktricity
07-16-2008, 06:44 PM
It's a squirrel fan page. We worship the almighty squirrel, who sometimes comes down from the mountaintop where his palace is to grace us with his nuts. The website is really just a place for us to offer him sacrifices.

Lol I knew someone would post a piss taking answer :D

Seriously i'm very interested :yup:

Hey mate! FTN is a 0day tracker, as I am sure you already know, with great staff and a ratio-free system. Very user friendly and quite hard to get in! The SquirrelMail page is a security feature which is useless for anybody who is not in the tracker but for the members is great! :)

I would really like to be a member :happy: (ok wait for the laughing to stop)

What must one do to gain entry?

aaatoel
07-16-2008, 06:46 PM
You have to be a good member and most of all have a friend with a spare invite! :P

Elecktricity
07-16-2008, 06:48 PM
You have to be a good member and most of all have a friend with a spare invite! :P

Do people have invites at this forum? ;)

Night0wl
07-16-2008, 06:49 PM
Can't remember for sure, but think taking a pic of yourself with a keyboard on your head worked for someone else.

aaatoel
07-16-2008, 06:50 PM
Pretty sure that some of them have (not me though)! Also, a very important member of F*N hangs around here and he is a pretty friendly guy! If you search the older F*N related threads, I am sure you will find out who he is! :)

Elecktricity
07-16-2008, 06:54 PM
Pretty sure that some of them have (not me though)! Also, a very important member of F*N hangs around here and he is a pretty friendly guy! If you search the older F*N related threads, I am sure you will find out who he is! :)

Thanks aaatoel ;):cheers:

aaatoel
07-16-2008, 06:59 PM
No problem mate, glad to help anytime! :)

deadalive1
07-16-2008, 07:02 PM
Can't remember for sure, but think taking a pic of yourself with a keyboard on your head worked for someone else.
And here I am thinking that my tinfoil hat would do the trick, don't mind the gun it's for protecting the mighty squirrel :lol: :D

http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t100/rmthugger/Tin%20Foil%20Hat/th_TINFOILHATGUY.jpg

Elecktricity
07-16-2008, 07:03 PM
Can we send pm's here :)

SgtMajor
07-16-2008, 07:04 PM

And if you are really lucky and very speshal, he will post a line or two in threads such as this, although lately his godliness has decided his superior talents would be better served elsewhere and he would rather not be bothered with minions such as us, so pray and pray hard that he makes a re-appearance and you never know.

mrnobody
07-16-2008, 07:07 PM
your prayer was successful :glag:

aaatoel
07-16-2008, 07:09 PM

Sure you can, as long as it isn't against the rules! :)

SgtMajor
07-16-2008, 07:10 PM

And you've been here long enough to have PMs enabled :whistling

:we are not worthy:

Elecktricity
07-16-2008, 07:11 PM

How long does it take to get the pm option?

dunson
07-16-2008, 07:15 PM

Longer than it takes to read the rules. :rolleyes:

SgtMajor
07-16-2008, 07:16 PM

30 days I think, and it's 30 days to the minute - it is system 30 days and not human 30 days.

And PMing any site staff member for invites is a big no-no :noes:

Be good, be active, be helpful, be yourself and participate in everything we have to offer and you will get everything you want, and p[rove you are here not just for the invites :cool:

DKre8ive1
07-16-2008, 07:18 PM

Yes you can but I Think you have to be here a certain number of days and also if you plan to send pm's asking for an FTN invite and showing all your proofs of good ratio's to a FTN staff member please don't, since this could get you disabled here if the person reports you to one of the FST staff.

Just wait your time to have access to the invite request section and go through there. But I am going to be honest you are probably way to new here for you to get an invite that easy but hey it never hurts to try.

DO NOT Request Invites In This Section

Requesting or offering invites for torrent sites is NOT allowed in this section.
Requests or offers made outside of the Invites Section will be Removed.
Requests or offers MUST be done in the BitTorrent Invites Section.

* DO NOT send Private Messages regarding invites before having access to the Invites Section.
* DO NOT post requesting invites outside the Invites Section or you will be Banned for 2 days.
* Those that repeat doing this will be permanetly Banned from the site.

To Read And Post In The BitTorrent Invites Section

* You must be a member at FST for 30 days.

NOTE: After 1 Month it takes an hour for your account to update.
For more information about ranks read this thread.

To report n00bs requesting invites click the report button.
This button is located to the left of a post.

Source-> http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-do-not-request-bittorrent-invites-section-or-you-banned-146184/?

Night0wl
07-16-2008, 07:24 PM
And here I am thinking that my tinfoil hat would do the trick, don't mind the gun it's for protecting the mighty squirrel :lol: :D

http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t100/rmthugger/Tin%20Foil%20Hat/th_TINFOILHATGUY.jpg

No definitely has to be a keyboard or it won't work

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-fn-video-request-post2505319/postcount57

Elecktricity
07-16-2008, 07:27 PM
Hey i'm good at graphics...done a few logo's and what not for other websites. I would be willing to design for FTN would that be a pass? :D :D

dunson
07-16-2008, 07:29 PM
Hey i'm good at graphics...done a few logo's and what not for other websites. I would be willing to design for FTN would that be a pass? :D :D

If you're ever lucky enough to get in, you'll see that the graphic designers there (note the pluralization) are quite talented. ;)

Seriously, good luck. Just be patient and hang around here for a couple of months.

Polarbear
07-16-2008, 07:29 PM
go ahead and post some of your work.

Elecktricity
07-16-2008, 07:32 PM

If you're ever lucky enough to get in, you'll see that the graphic designers there (note the pluralization) are quite talented. ;)

Seriously, good luck. Just be patient and hang around here for a couple of months.

I can make a good coffee too lol ;) :D Yeah i'm going to stay around here because I like sites where you can chat about downloading and stuff :)

Duckater
07-16-2008, 08:51 PM
Why u ask this about ftn why not one of the other top ranked sites here?
Don't get me wrong ftn is a good place to be but not necessarily the best for each and every person

tknaught
07-16-2008, 08:57 PM

feed them nuts

respawn40
07-16-2008, 08:58 PM

feed them nuts

Salted or Roasted?

deadalive1
07-16-2008, 08:59 PM
feed them nuts

Salted or Roasted?
or chocolate covered?:lol:

respawn40
07-16-2008, 09:01 PM
Salted or Roasted?
or chocolate covered?:lol:

Milk, White, or Dark =/ ?

MaaxHimself
07-16-2008, 09:15 PM
Can I has FtN?

SgtMajor
07-16-2008, 09:24 PM
Can I has FtN?

PM MaaxHimself, he has loads & loads of invites, so I heard :whistling

respawn40
07-16-2008, 09:26 PM
Can I has FtN?

wut!!!!!!!!???? prepare fo massive pm wave!!

Duckater
07-16-2008, 09:30 PM
Sends pm :lol:

MaaxHimself
07-16-2008, 09:33 PM
Can I has FtN?

/me Sits back and waits:whistling

Edit: PS Skizo gave me his banstick

deadalive1
07-16-2008, 09:34 PM
Can I has FtN?

LMAO , the poor guy's PM's are gonna blow up now. :lol::naughty:

MaaxHimself
07-16-2008, 09:35 PM
Some kid PMed me for fsc invites the other day, im not even on that tracker.

lmao

SgtMajor
07-16-2008, 09:36 PM

Did he give you his strawberry lube as well? :whistling

MaaxHimself
07-16-2008, 09:38 PM

Did he give you his strawberry lube as well? :whistling

No, he said you still have the tube lodged in your ass.
Can you try to get that out asap:shutup:

deadalive1
07-16-2008, 10:10 PM
should i ask now

That's a joke, right? :cry: :lol:

Nemrod
07-17-2008, 01:10 AM
Welcome to FST.

SgtMajor
07-17-2008, 01:11 AM
Thank you.

deadalive1
07-17-2008, 01:28 AM
Welcome to FST.

Why Thank you, lol :P

Nemrod
07-17-2008, 01:35 AM
Welcome to FST.

Why Thank you, lol :P

When FST saw the light for the first time, SgtMajor already had a 2 months old membership. :D

saimer
07-17-2008, 01:35 AM
So tempted to smack on my screen whenever see Nemrod's bug ...

Elecktricity
07-17-2008, 10:52 AM
Don't get me wrong ftn is a good place to be but not necessarily the best for each and every person

Because FTN sounds out of this world http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/images/smilies/happy.gif Run a search on Google and you see on forums people say once you are on FTN you have made it in your torrent life lol

Duckater
07-17-2008, 11:07 AM
Can only speak for myself but there are other trackers about that offer just as good stuff as ftn at same speeds and same community atmosphere, I ain't knocking FTN as it is a good site. BUT it is not the only good site out there.
To be honest I have given out a few invites to FTN and every single one of them to people I have known really well and for a long time, i.e. know in my real life or have staffed with on sites.
I have no intention of changing the way I give out invites for FTN in fact any tracker gets the same respect from me as ftn does they have rules and I follow them,.
I don't care if a site is one day old with 10 torrents or a top site like FTN they get respected and rules followed just the same way :)

Elecktricity
07-17-2008, 11:10 AM
Can only speak for myself but there are other trackers about that offer just as good stuff as ftn at same speeds and same community atmosphere, I ain't knocking FTN as it is a good site. BUT it is not the only good site out there.
To be honest I have given out a few invites to FTN and every single one of them to people I have known really well and for a long time, i.e. know in my real life or have staffed with on sites.
I have no intention of changing the way I give out invites for FTN in fact any tracker gets the same respect from me as ftn does they have rules and I follow them,.
I don't care if a site is one day old with 10 torrents or a top site like FTN they get respected and rules followed just the same way :)

I don't know if I will ever get invited even though I really want too be a member. Because the people who hold the keys will only give to close friends and I don't know anyone who is a member at FTN http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/images/smilies/sad.gif

wheeloftime
07-17-2008, 02:36 PM

I don't know if I will ever get invited even though I really want too be a member. Because the people who hold the keys will only give to close friends and I don't know anyone who is a member at FTN :(

You mean you've been here a couple of weeks already and no-one has offered you an invite yet? I can't believe that.

Duckater
07-17-2008, 02:38 PM
Thinks maybe wheeloftime is offering an invite :lol: :lol: :lol:

SgtMajor
07-17-2008, 02:48 PM

As long as it's only an invite he's offering! :P :whistling

wheeloftime
07-17-2008, 02:59 PM

I think SgtMajor might be inclined to give him one!

SgtMajor
07-17-2008, 03:04 PM

I think SgtMajor might be inclined to give him one!

:lol: Nice double entendre mistah :P

respawn40
07-17-2008, 03:05 PM
I don't know if I will ever get invited even though I really want too be a member. Because the people who hold the keys will only give to close friends and I don't know anyone who is a member at FTN :(

You mean you've been here a couple of weeks already and no-one has offered you an invite yet? I can't believe that.

He's just unlucky; I was invited to FTN my first day here =/

wheeloftime
07-17-2008, 03:10 PM

He's just unlucky; I was invited to FTN my first day here =/

Only took me half a day:P

Duckater
07-17-2008, 03:20 PM
Mmmmmm I got me invite b4 I was a member here. Wonders if that good or bad :-|

wheeloftime
07-17-2008, 03:22 PM
Mmmmmm I got me invite b4 I was a member here. Wonders if that good or bad :-|

Bad.

Duckater
07-17-2008, 03:23 PM
You know me too well :lol:

SgtMajor
07-17-2008, 03:24 PM
It took me 5 years of grovelling, so much grovelling I wore my kneecaps out, pfft, kids today!

Duckater
07-17-2008, 03:30 PM
It took me 5 years of grovelling, so much grovelling I wore my kneecaps out, pfft, kids today!

5 yrs omg that some sort of grovelling time :lol:

wheeloftime
07-17-2008, 03:39 PM

Worth it though - I'm sure it was your lifelong ambition to get an invite after you heard about the great community there.

SgtMajor
07-17-2008, 03:42 PM

Worth it though - I'm sure it was your lifelong ambition to get an invite after you heard about the great community there.

It is my dream tracker, I needed it so much my life would end without it, and I only wanted it for the community as I love them all, torrents mean nothing to me, and I brought along my g/f just for the staff.

/my knees are hurting again, back to the zimmerframe I go.

Swift
07-17-2008, 04:49 PM

It is my dream tracker, I needed it so much my life would end without it, and I only wanted it for the community as I love them all, torrents mean nothing to me, and I brought along my g/f just for the staff.

/my knees are hurting again, back to the zimmerframe I go.

I totally feel you my friend :rolleyes:

deadalive1
07-17-2008, 05:34 PM
I must be hugely unlucky then :S :( lol, Better polish up on my grovelling,heh

t1m3k33p3r
07-17-2008, 09:12 PM
lol. Even though I'm not in FTN, I believe it will come to you if you help others, care about community etc. I don't like people who just constantly beg for FTN or other trackers because of its rarity. It's stupid.

deadalive1
07-17-2008, 10:32 PM
heh, if that was referring to me , it was a joke lol :P

jwsisliving1
07-17-2008, 11:40 PM
Halliwell, one piece of advice: stop asking about FTN. You've just joined, you've got 21 post but how many of those 21 posts are about FTN? To some people this automatically disqualifies you. Don't join FST just to beg people for high level invites; show you could be a good addition to a tracker's comunnity by adding something to the community here.

Duckater
07-17-2008, 11:50 PM
Halliwell, one piece of advice: stop asking about FTN. You've just joined, you've got 21 post but how many of those 21 posts are about FTN? To some people this automatically disqualifies you. Don't join FST just to beg people for high level invites; show you could be a good addition to a tracker's comunnity by adding something to the community here.

Wise words :)

saimer
07-18-2008, 01:36 AM
Have to say most of people here are really nice. I mean it.

SgtMajor
07-18-2008, 01:54 AM

I hope I am not in that category of "most of people", I would hate to be labelled as Nice but Dim lyke, even if it is really nice, lyke.

Bollox to that!! Fukkin noice my arse. There must be someone I can upset before I go to bed?

AArrgghh!!

deadalive1
07-18-2008, 01:55 AM

I hope I am not in that category of "most of people", I would hate to be labelled as Nice but Dim lyke, even if it is really nice, lyke.

Bollox to that!! Fukkin noice my arse. There must be someone I can upset before I go to bed?

AArrgghh!!

Don't EVER change Sgt. ;) too funny :lol:

ken
07-18-2008, 02:05 AM
now since they have got the old db back,they r going under a whole reconstruction since they lost some of the best packs in thr(i heard it from a friends since i am not thr)
so invites might be hard to get as they r focusing on construction rather than gettin new members

1000possibleclaws
07-18-2008, 02:08 AM
now since they have got the old db back,they r going under a whole reconstruction since they lost some of the best packs in thr(i heard it from a friends since i am not thr)
so invites might be hard to get as they r focusing on construction rather than gettin new members
yeah, alll of the good packs are gone. i bet it will take awhile to get back to where they were before to seizure cause at one point it seemed certain the servers were lost so alot of people probably deleted their seeded packs

saimer
07-18-2008, 02:50 AM

AArrgghh!!

Too bad :naughty: but who is Dim?

SgtMajor
07-18-2008, 03:01 AM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0272120/

saimer
07-18-2008, 03:11 AM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0272120/

don't have a clue ... never watched it.
anyway you didn't upset me :whistling so find someone else or stay up :naughty:

respawn40
07-18-2008, 03:16 AM
Am I the only one who can't get IMDB to load -_-?

deadalive1
07-18-2008, 03:22 AM

It loaded fine for me.

saimer
07-18-2008, 03:23 AM

sometimes refresh will do

SgtMajor
07-18-2008, 03:28 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Enfield_and_Chums

Tim Nice-But-Dim
An upper class twit who is usually being ripped off by one of his 'jolly nice' prep-school chums. He is an exaggerated version of "posh" yet pleasant and stupid people that Enfield knew. He has an eccentric public school-influenced dress-sense involving jeans and a dinner jacket worn over a rugby shirt. The character was initially created by Ian Hislop and Nick Newman. His catchphrase is "What an absolutely, thoroughly, bloody nice bloke!" . Appeared in TV adverts promoting British meat on UK TV in the nineties / early noughties

saimer
07-18-2008, 03:36 AM
haha, thanks SgtMajor.
"What an absolutely, thoroughly, bloody nice bloke!"

SgtMajor
07-18-2008, 03:44 AM

haha, thanks SgtMajor.
"What an absolutely, thoroughly, bloody nice bloke!"

Bingo!! :D

/It's all in jest :rolleyes:

Kyl3KK
07-18-2008, 07:05 AM
I haven't seen Brandon in this thread. Usually he loves stuff like this.

MaaxHimself
07-18-2008, 07:09 AM
He'll creep on in one day...

aysomc
07-18-2008, 10:38 AM
its a great site if you can manage to get in. wish brandon would talk to me so i could explain myself to him and get my account back. :(

The Flying Cow
07-18-2008, 11:02 AM
Yeah tell me about it. I was at 58% of the most exclusive pack there, and now it's gone...So I deleted it from the HDD to save space for other shtuffs.

It only had 1 seeder anyway.

To the OP: But yeah. Don't think you'll have it any different from the rest of us. Try joining other sites first, get known, make friends (easiest road), and stay tuned here (sometimes el Brandon decides to make some inv gives and that) and you'll eventually get in.

DON'T: make a generic request in the BT Invs section like everybody else's. You won't get in that way.

-Sherman

Krvaric
07-18-2008, 02:03 PM
members have their invites "again/back".

maybe time to start up the: asking for ftn invites threads again :P

dunson
07-18-2008, 02:18 PM
members have their invites "again/back".

maybe time to start up the: asking for ftn invites threads again :P

Go ahead, I just got a new stamp:

http://www.webdesign-guru.co.uk/icon/wp-content/uploads/rejected.gif

SgtMajor
07-18-2008, 02:22 PM
/me runs off to join other invite forums under different names to ask many times for same invite, and I can officially be called a tosser for my actions.

Elecktricity
07-18-2008, 04:13 PM
How can I ever just be a normal member when this topic stays at the top of the page and is now 10 pages long lol :D I understand now that just being bold and asking for invites to FTN won't get me anywhere so i'm just going to chill out and be a member here and stop talking about FTN and "getting in" This was a stupid topic to be honest :(

The Flying Cow
07-18-2008, 05:00 PM
Don't kick yourself over it.

BTW I like your stamp dunse.

-Sherman

Pmiester
07-18-2008, 08:58 PM
I wish I had an invite :p

dunson
07-18-2008, 09:04 PM
I wish I had an invite :p

Your wish has been granted.

http://www.judiciaryreport.com/images/Kazaam.jpg

SgtMajor
07-18-2008, 09:29 PM
How can I ever just be a normal member when this topic stays at the top of the page and is now 10 pages long lol :D I understand now that just being bold and asking for invites to FTN won't get me anywhere so i'm just going to chill out and be a member here and stop talking about FTN and "getting in" This was a stupid topic to be honest :(

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1329/920768440_85981debdf.jpg?v=0

Now that's a bump!

_coder_
07-18-2008, 09:35 PM

Join Torrentleech or ScT mate it beats FTN in content and speed. Pre-times maybe slightly faster at FTN if compared to Torrentleech but who gives a damn about a couple of minutes here and there. In terms of the community atmosphere FTN would proberly be the best but to me it seems like your just interested in in torrenting so in my opinion TL would be the best for you. If you want an invite just ask.

t1m3k33p3r
07-19-2008, 02:38 AM
In reality, I think hardcore torrenters like me strive for community after a while rather than torrents. This is why I post in forums a lot more etc rather than go download like crazy off a public tracker like TPB or something. FTN I believe has a very close knit community. Most of my friends are there and they all they me the same thing too.

SgtMajor
07-19-2008, 02:51 AM
In reality, I think hardcore torrenters like me strive for community after a while rather than torrents. This is why I post in forums a lot more etc rather than go download like crazy off a public tracker like TPB or something. FTN I believe has a very close knit community. Most of my friends are there and they all they me the same thing too.

Sir, I salute thee for thy classic line in gobbledygook, I have no doubt you will do well in the forums :P

t1m3k33p3r
07-19-2008, 03:03 AM
no idea what you said, but it seemed like you agreed with me. lol

I'm not in FTN yet so I would not know, but I'm sure they have a great forum. I think most people want it for its rarity, which I believe is childish and stupid. Why want it if you won't care about it in the future? Bragging rights? Pathetic.

anyway, just my little opinion lol

Elecktricity
07-19-2008, 09:20 AM

Join Torrentleech or ScT mate it beats FTN in content and speed. Pre-times maybe slightly faster at FTN if compared to Torrentleech but who gives a damn about a couple of minutes here and there. In terms of the community atmosphere FTN would proberly be the best but to me it seems like your just interested in in torrenting so in my opinion TL would be the best for you. If you want an invite just ask.

Thanks mate ;)

I would like a invite for TL it looks a nice site :)

Polarbear
07-19-2008, 09:33 AM
I would like a invite for TL it looks a nice site :)

if you keep asking for invites and break fst rules by doing this, you'll never see the invite section. just a friendly advice.

_coder_
07-19-2008, 10:02 AM
This is why I post in forums a lot more etc

Your post count says it all. Registered since 2006 with only 35 posts :huh:

wheeloftime
07-19-2008, 11:37 AM
This is why I post in forums a lot more etc

..and all of them in the last three days!

Eargasm
07-19-2008, 03:17 PM
Couple on topic questions. Did people get invites again? Do they have pretty good forum chats? Specifically, is there a forum similar to what's The Library?

SgtMajor
07-19-2008, 03:29 PM
Couple on topic questions. Did people get invites again? Do they have pretty good forum chats? Specifically, is there a forum similar to what's The Library?

No
Yes
Not quite as What users are a more disconcerting lot.

Eargasm
07-19-2008, 11:21 PM

No
Yes
Not quite as What users are a more disconcerting lot.

If you think What's bad, you should see Indietorrents; albeit, they are two best torrent communities IMO.

MaaxHimself
07-20-2008, 03:58 AM

The new user tables were recovered so they didn't need to give the invites back

t1m3k33p3r
07-20-2008, 05:37 AM
..and all of them in the last three days!

I never really posted in FST because it looked really disorganized and messy at first. I usually post in private forums cause I know most of the people there. My friend forced me to use this site and it looks better now...

Beenieman
07-20-2008, 11:00 AM
So is ftn up or down cause i also get the squirrel page and assumed the site was down?

ken
07-20-2008, 11:30 AM
it is up man

Funkin'
07-20-2008, 12:10 PM

That's the truth. FTN definitely is a great site. I like it for the small userbase. I definitely have more of a sense of security there compared to a site as big as TL. It has some nice packs too.

But...there are other sites out there that are very good also, and are very often overlooked since they're not hyped as much, or are not as high of a "level" on that dumbass WTAW list. And since the OP seems to be new at torrenting, I would suggest that he discover one of those.

I would get into a site like IPT. It's much easier to get into than FTN, has excellent pre's and speeds, and a lot of content.

Dark-Shadow
07-20-2008, 12:20 PM
It's too difficult to get FTN invite.

Elecktricity
07-20-2008, 12:25 PM

That's the truth. FTN definitely is a great site. I like it for the small userbase. I definitely have more of a sense of security there compared to a site as big as TL. It has some nice packs too.

But...there are other sites out there that are very good also, and are very often overlooked since they're not hyped as much, or are not as high of a "level" on that dumbass WTAW list. And since the OP seems to be new at torrenting, I would suggest that he discover one of those.

I would get into a site like IPT. It's much easier to get into than FTN, has excellent pre's and speeds, and a lot of content.

I'm not new to torrenting been around for a few years :)

It's just I have always stayed at the public sites and because of that never bothered to learn the full ins and outs such as keeping a good ratio and not having DHT turned on lol :rolleyes:

Going to private torrent sites for me is like when a kid goes on his first rollercoaster it's exciting and even though my connection isn't super fast I find it amazing the speeds you get from a private torrent site. I also like the big supply of scene material which you don't really see on sites like isohunt and tpb.

I admit I know nothing about FTN I read articles about it on zeropaid and torrentfreak and thought "damm I need to get an account there" because if the private sites I belong to at moment amaze me what is the "super elite" FTN site going to be like.

I just want to walk through the doors and see the other side of that squirrelmail page lol :naughty:

kondrae
07-24-2008, 09:18 PM
well, if you get into FTN one day, you will be disappointed, cuz there a lot of sites that are better and easier to get into.

bblogs
07-25-2008, 03:26 AM
well, if you get into FTN one day, you will be disappointed, cuz there a lot of sites that are better and easier to get into.

:yup:

tutorsnest
07-25-2008, 03:28 AM
But still FTN is the best

Cabalo
07-25-2008, 03:40 AM
if it's contents that you look for, TL and RevTT are the kings out there. Period. Then ScT.

bblogs
07-25-2008, 03:47 AM
But still FTN is the best

FTN is the best in community and....rarity :unsure:

Brandon
07-25-2008, 06:50 AM
Depends on what you consider the "good" in which case you determine what is "better" or "best".

First it wasn't good b/c it was slow loading due to its hosting location, which is not an issue anymore. Then it was slow in pretimes, which now it's in the top 2 or 3. Then it was slow download speeds in which case it has a seedbox seeding 70% of the releases on a gbit.

My guess is those of you saying its not good are those that were banned and therefore you have no reason not to slander it. Only thing FTN lacks is amount of torrents in which case they're building up, so if that's the case then the only thing FTN is not good at is it's age because amount of torrents also depends on time. Although, one could argue that FTN like other sites in it's catagory are 0day sites and really don't focus on retention (go get newsgroups) so your argument becomes invalid alltogether.

But at the end of the day, it's all about personal opinion. You can't say someone won't like something or will be disappointed in something once they have it just b/c you were/are. Personally I don't like to wear thongs, but you might love to wear thongs. To each his own :)

phooart
07-25-2008, 09:48 AM
Hear, hear

;)

phooart
07-25-2008, 09:48 AM
whoops sorry , double post

deathking81
07-25-2008, 10:25 AM
Depends on what you consider the "good" in which case you determine what is "better" or "best".

First it wasn't good b/c it was slow loading due to its hosting location, which is not an issue anymore. Then it was slow in pretimes, which now it's in the top 2 or 3. Then it was slow download speeds in which case it has a seedbox seeding 70% of the releases on a gbit.

My guess is those of you saying its not good are those that were banned and therefore you have no reason not to slander it. Only thing FTN lacks is amount of torrents in which case they're building up, so if that's the case then the only thing FTN is not good at is it's age because amount of torrents also depends on time. Although, one could argue that FTN like other sites in it's catagory are 0day sites and really don't focus on retention (go get newsgroups) so your argument becomes invalid alltogether.

But at the end of the day, it's all about personal opinion. You can't say someone won't like something or will be disappointed in something once they have it just b/c you were/are. Personally I don't like to wear thongs, but you might love to wear thongs. To each his own :)

Brandon I heard you guys opened invites to some users on FtN?

kuracat
07-25-2008, 10:33 AM
Brandon I heard you guys opened invites to some users on FtN?

good news travels fast :D

but bad news travels even faster :lol:

pisipisi
07-25-2008, 11:05 AM
so,what will be the bad news? :)

Don[R]edHardy
07-25-2008, 11:37 AM
so,what will be the bad news? :)

Invites aren't open. The page is down. No joke...
wait some weeks and you will see that the SquirrelMail Service
will start.

The page what are you mean is away.. so delete it from the crap Top10 level
list..

dunson
07-25-2008, 11:47 AM
The loadtimes and pretimes have improved a lot since the site came back. :D

Swift
07-25-2008, 11:56 AM
The loadtimes and pretimes have improved a lot since the site came back. :D

yes as i`ve seen :D

invites are open but only for a week then I think they will close them for good :D

Elecktricity
07-25-2008, 12:54 PM
Shit! is that true?...invites are open for FTN :D :lol: :w00t:

I can't recieve pm's yet but i'm willing to set up a temp inbox for those who feel generous enough to invite me.

I mean come on who else do you know who can create a begging thread that reaches over 4 thousand views lol :naughty:

hotshot6473
07-25-2008, 02:00 PM
Dude you are gonna have to be here alot longer from what I have experience so far in the invites section. Everyone that requests FTN is just laughed at and told to keep dreaming. The truth is that you have to be really lucky or know someone on the site as invites are rare and precious to some people.

SgtMajor
07-25-2008, 03:19 PM

I can't recieve pm's yet

Oh dear, just as I was about to suggest you could PM me.

Ah well, when you eventually get PMs after 30 days here, FTN invites will be long gone.

Maybe it will give you the chance to post without mentioning FTN & invites in the same post?

Life's a bitch :huh: :yup:

Elecktricity
07-25-2008, 03:25 PM

I can't recieve pm's yet

Ah well, when you eventually get PMs after 30 days here, FTN invites will be long gone.

Maybe it will give you the chance to post without mentioning FTN & invites in the same post?

I know one day SgtMajor you are going to give me an invite for FTN. You shouldn't keep whistling and pissing.

:ghey:

wheeloftime
07-25-2008, 07:49 PM

I can't recieve pm's yet but i'm willing to set up a temp inbox for those who feel generous enough to invite me.

I mean come on who else do you know who can create a begging thread that reaches over 4 thousand views lol :naughty:

I get the feeling that once you can send pm's no-one's gonna get any peace!

Swift
07-25-2008, 07:53 PM
blacklist/ignore

kondrae
07-25-2008, 09:09 PM
your avatar says it all

seppypom
07-26-2008, 01:15 AM

I can't recieve pm's yet

Come on, he's not going to make 30 days :lol:

SgtMajor
07-26-2008, 01:30 AM
Hey Seppy, nice to see you round here :D

Thought you were uber busy with TPG & TC to spend times with us plebs :P

And as for lasting 30 days, well eager beavers just rush and dash and waste endless energy getting there, but like the rest of us, they still have to wait for the right moment at the right time to achieve their goals, the rain from the hills still takes 30 days to reach the dam no matter how impatient we are :)

seppypom
07-26-2008, 01:44 AM
I am check in here almost everyday, just not posting that much.

Brandon
07-26-2008, 01:58 AM

Looking sexy as usual though I see :naughty:

seppypom
07-26-2008, 02:02 AM

Just for you big boy :whistling

SgtMajor
07-26-2008, 02:02 AM

But you're attracted by the white thong thing he has going on, we all know about your thong fetish :P

Duckater
07-26-2008, 02:07 AM

But you're attracted by the white thong thing he has going on, we all know about your thong fetish :P

mmmm this getting to be a fetish thread between some of the more experienced torrenters on FST :lol:

P.S. what happened to the leopard skin thongs?

seppypom
07-26-2008, 02:07 AM
don't be jealous sarge

Brandon
07-26-2008, 02:08 AM
I have a raging boner right now

Duckater
07-26-2008, 02:10 AM
tmi for me that brandon :lol:

SgtMajor
07-26-2008, 02:11 AM
Wow - TMI :lol:

/me turns webcam off quick :P

Brandon
07-26-2008, 02:13 AM
Weren't expecting that eh :whistling

seppypom
07-26-2008, 02:16 AM
wow duck, it doesn't seem like all to long ago when i changed your avatar to this

http://www.stanford.edu/~riepel/sitduck.jpg

Duckater
07-26-2008, 02:22 AM
OMG seppy that was a few yrs back now and you remembered :)
They were some good times tho :)

Eargasm
07-26-2008, 02:23 AM
So is FTN like the gay bar of trackers?

Duckater
07-26-2008, 02:26 AM
So is FTN like the gay bar of trackers?

Shhhhhh thats the real secret of FTN please don't tell any one ;)

seppypom
07-26-2008, 02:27 AM
OMG seppy that was a few yrs back now and you remembered :)
They were some good times tho :)

Good, i always liked that avatar better :D

Duckater
07-26-2008, 02:30 AM
Thx seppy me likes it as well :D
I best go change in a few other places you live as well :)

seppypom
07-26-2008, 02:30 AM
So have we successfully hijacked the noobs thread?

SgtMajor
07-26-2008, 02:31 AM
It's whatever you want it to be.