PDA

View Full Version : Cam or DVD Rip/DVD-R?

respawn40
07-16-2008, 11:22 PM
As you all know, 0-day trackers are full of movie cams and movie DVD Rips/DVD-R's. My question is, do you download the cam as soon as it is released, or you do wait to download a higher quality DVD Rip/DVD-R?

I like to wait for DVD Rips, as I want a quality movie, and cams just don't do it for me. I don't need to see a movie as soon as it is released. Please vote and discuss :)

deadalive1
07-16-2008, 11:25 PM
I personally hardly ever download CAM releases. DVD Screeners , R5's (especially with line audio) and DVD Rips are mostly what I download.

Edit: Couldn't vote , as my option wasn't available

Septimus
07-16-2008, 11:26 PM
Always DVD-R

slimdogp
07-16-2008, 11:30 PM
Sad to say I've been watching alot of cam/ts lately. Some movies I just had to see :P

c0njur
07-16-2008, 11:40 PM
I personally hardly ever download CAM releases. DVD Screeners , R5's (especially with line audio) and DVD Rips are mostly what I download.

^ What he said

Ghostbusters
07-16-2008, 11:40 PM
Download DVD-R only they look awesome on Blu-Ray player & HD tv upscaled to 1080

Not to mention full DD / DTS sound, thats what I'm talking about !

Gave up on DVD-Rips years ago it's a pain in the ass and time consuming to encode them and they look blocky and horrible

Cam's have always been unacceptable to me they completely ruin the experience.

ahcorac72
07-16-2008, 11:42 PM
Generally i wait for dvdrips or dvd, because have more quality.
But when are movies that i really want see, i download cam, and latter i can download dvdrip.

Squizzle
07-16-2008, 11:59 PM
I'll always grab the DVDR when it arrives, got hundreds of the damn things, love the menus / surround sound / picture quality / quick extract and burn process involved. Can download them in an hour or so even on my naff ADSL, no big deal.

If there are CAMs, TS's, whatever floating around nice and early then i'll usually nab those too, usually for friends etc that wanna see the movies as soon as possible.

*goes back to watching Prison Break Season Two DVDR's*

t1m3k33p3r
07-17-2008, 12:05 AM
I hate cams or TS's. Useless pieces of low quality movies that I never want to touch. yes, I am very picky.

but I will get the occasional one if I am really itching to see it...

pbjabba
07-17-2008, 12:08 AM
I cannot stand watching cams or ts's. I wait for r5's or screeners, i don't get dvd-r's coz i don't have the bandwidth or download allowance to support many of em :P

SgtMajor
07-17-2008, 12:10 AM
TS or TC or DVSCR Xvids will do me if it's a "hot" movie, nothing before that, otherwise DVD retail rip is what I wait for.

mrnobody
07-17-2008, 12:11 AM
i grab cams, sometimes, only if it's watchable.

other than that, DVDR for me.

saimer
07-17-2008, 12:15 AM
Bad quality will ruin my interest. So I'd rather wait for a quality release dvdrip. Ok with dvdscr sometimes if it's a really hot one. Will keep the ones I like in HD 720p encode.

Nemrod
07-17-2008, 12:18 AM
I donīt download CAM, TS, Screeener, etc., donīt care if itīs the latest movie, usually are awful and tend to fu** off the pleasure of watching a good movie in good conditions.
I usually wait for the DVDr.

The Flying Cow
07-17-2008, 01:27 AM
I used to get CAM releases of movies, though not regularly, a couple of years ago.

But frankly it struck me that, aside from the gloating aspect; which personally I find inconvenient, because not only do all your friends/mates/acquaintances either guess you grabbed it from the net to watch it (in the case of the movie not having been released in your country yet) and ask you for a copy, or it just generally draws unnecessary attention to you; watching a CAM of a movie actually ruins the movie-watching experience.

When you get over the novelty of watching the movie as early as possible, you just stick to something watchable, like a top-notch TS, and those are rare, or a TC/R5/DVDSCR/DVDRip and obviously the ultimate DVDR. Watching a DVDR movie with eng subs just means you enjoy the movie to it's fullest extent, as close to the director/cameramen's vision as possible.

-Sherman

fr3x3r
07-17-2008, 02:08 AM
both! but, sometimes download CAM rls.

respawn40
07-17-2008, 02:11 AM
both! x2

both! but, sometimes download CAM rls. x6

...How???

fr3x3r
07-17-2008, 02:15 AM
x2

both! but, sometimes download CAM rls. x6

...How???

sry, man.

i don't want to spam.

my computer's broken. :(

please delete my spam post.

damn it.

tknaught
07-17-2008, 02:48 AM
Cam/TS was alright when I was a teenager and the idea of being able to download a movie on the internet before it was released on video was a new thing.

Now I have the patience to wait for a quality version of the movie, though I mostly just pay to watch them in theaters.

Kyokushin
07-17-2008, 02:50 AM
I'm a collector when it comes to movies, so nothing less than DVD-R is good for me.

TP635
07-17-2008, 02:50 AM
In the early days, yes I dl cam because I know no better. Now that I know what those tags mean, I dl mostly dvd rip.

respawn40
07-17-2008, 02:55 AM
Cam/TS was alright when I was a teenager and the idea of being able to download a movie on the internet before it was released on video was a new thing.

Now I have the patience to wait for a quality version of the movie, though I mostly just pay to watch them in theaters.

Well, I'm a teenager (14), and I don't feel the need to have the movie as soon as it's out. I'd much rather be able to watch it in an enjoyable quality, than some shaky, noisy, out of focus cam :P I still watch a lot of movies in theater though (yay parents!)

jam0980tr
07-17-2008, 03:04 AM
I like to download the cam, and then download the DVD Rip/DVD-R when it is released.

1 good Reason why i download cam is couse of STG Re-Encodes on cams STG copys reminds me of maVen grp...
DVDSCR i download most of the times now and R5.

plus Back in the days MoF,maVen few others grp's you only need a TS or Tc and it's super duper copy..
and you don't have to worry about anything,then you can wait for the final release!!

The scene has changed alot that's all am sayying lol..

northing will bring back the old days of torrenting..

Skiz
07-17-2008, 03:34 AM
Quality or GTFO.

Cams aren't worthy of my time. I'm not so impatient that I can't wait. This is especially true in modern times as DVDs are sometimes released a month or even weeks after the film leaves the theater.

I won't even download divx. Those look awful as well once they are enlarge to full screen. Its got to be 720p if I'm going to watch a movie or TV show on the PC.

respawn40
07-17-2008, 03:40 AM
Thanks Skizo (I'm assuming, Mr. Silent Mod). I couldn't make up my mind between File Sharing, Movies, or Bittorrent =/ They all kinda relate >.<

mee2wo
07-17-2008, 11:22 AM
I wait for the DVD-R

The Flying Cow
07-17-2008, 12:04 PM
1 good Reason why i download cam is couse of STG Re-Encodes on cams [/I]STG copys reminds me of maVen grp...
DVDSCR i download most of the times now and R5.

plus Back in the days MoF,maVen few others grp's you only need a TS or Tc and it's super duper copy..
and you don't have to worry about anything,then you can wait for the final release!!

The scene has changed alot that's all am sayying lol..

northing will bring back the old days of torrenting..

This is very true. Back in the day maVen made such great TS's, as well as Centropy (pre-release of Matrix comes to mind), that watching them was no eye or ear sore. That's what I meant when I said "a top-notch TS". I watched 'em all, I vividly remember the Madagascar TS, which was also very well made (it was CTP as well I'm pretty sure) and the POT CAMs that sometimes were almost better than nowaday's TS's. Stuff like "Crash" (2004), that I managed to watch a CAM many many many months before the movie appeared, and the CAM was very watchable.

Nowadays I do sometimes watch the STG re-encodes, but I mostly stick to later releases (DVDSCR onwards) unless it's a non-action highly anticipated flick. But even then I tend to wait.

-Sherman

lostdemon
07-17-2008, 12:55 PM
Since I watch movies only once I try not to ruin it by watching a cam or TS. I prefer to wait for an R5, dvd rip or DVD-R. I still haven't seen Iron Man yet just patiently waiting for a good copy of it to come out.

thebazzla
07-17-2008, 01:39 PM
i don't download cams at all. for me it is a waste of time and bandwidth.
if i wanted to see it so badly i would go to the cinema first. then download a good quality rip providing the film was good

crumble6
07-17-2008, 02:52 PM
Yeah cams are just terrible, I wait for dvdrip. Occasionally I may grab a cam if it looks good quality in the screens, but I usually stay well away.

nthpeter
07-17-2008, 05:04 PM
I usually watch DVDRips, maybe R5s. CAM rlses arent worth dling them.

rtxs
07-23-2008, 06:48 PM
i prefer dvd rip dvd r but sometimes i download cam realeses

ConkiZz
07-23-2008, 06:58 PM
When a new movie comes out, i wait for the R5, and then when the PAL comes, i take that.

tryambaka
07-23-2008, 06:59 PM
I download dvd rips and dvd-r, sometimes r5, but cams i dont download..

pacmunchkin
07-26-2008, 01:24 AM
I very rarely get cams, only if it's a film that I don't really care about, and thus the quality is not a concern.

Jimmi Hendrix
07-26-2008, 12:26 PM
I downloaded cam just 1 time in my life and never again dvdrip is my favourite.

pifpaf
07-26-2008, 02:49 PM
i always wait for HQ releases, like R5.

Villain
07-27-2008, 10:11 AM
I always wait so best quality comes out (HD movies). If movie has good reviews and I can't wait for best quality then I go in the cinema.

PhilthyPhil
07-27-2008, 03:00 PM
Even if there is a movie I got to see immediately, I still wait for R5.

Usually DVD-R.

PlayeR
07-30-2008, 01:54 PM
I prefer DVDrip.
I could wait..would not download cam.it's just a waste of time.