PDA

View Full Version : Question about IP

Aerozin
07-17-2008, 03:13 AM
Tomorrow im going to another country.

I will get banned if i log from another country?

SgtMajor
07-17-2008, 03:22 AM
Without explanation it is possible some may see it as changing ownership.

Just leave a little note in your profile notes "logging in from holiday location for xx weeks"

Eargasm
07-17-2008, 03:24 AM
Depends on the tracker. On many trackers it's fine as long as you put a little note in your profile that says you will be traveling abroad.

It can also depend on what country you're logging in from. Many trackers blanket-ban all accounts logging in from certain countries(Israel, Poland, etc.).

It may be best to park most of your accounts if you aren't going to use them in a while. For the ones that you feel you must use abroad, get clearance from the mods/admins before doing so to be safe.

Aerozin
07-17-2008, 03:42 AM
Im going to stay in other country for 6 months, im going to do that profile note thing then

Detale
07-17-2008, 04:57 AM
Speak with Staff on that tracker and let em know ahead of time. What tracker are you talking about?

t1m3k33p3r
07-17-2008, 06:35 AM
Do what Detale said. Not telling staff and IP changing is almost an automatic ban on most trackers (maybe some nice ones will be nice to you). I strongly recommend what Detale said.

xenix
07-17-2008, 03:12 PM
Yes, talk to staff if you worry. I dont think you get banned but to be sure, talk to them=)

Duckater
07-17-2008, 03:17 PM
Most site staff I know will be happy for u to use your account in anothe country for 6 months if you inform them, if you don'tinform them it may be looked up on as a trade.

predateur
07-17-2008, 04:34 PM

normaly , you wont be banned

but LOL seriously if you are banned for a stupid reason like this , why stay on the tracker ? :P

dunson
07-17-2008, 05:53 PM
Especially if that other country is not a neighboring one, I'd definitely speak with staff about it first. They are usually very cool when you're forthright and it shouldn't be a problem.

Duckater
07-17-2008, 06:01 PM

normaly , you wont be banned

but LOL seriously if you are banned for a stupid reason like this , why stay on the tracker ? :P

Spoken like a true trader who thinks this will help him get away with trading