2 VDS guests,
VDS1 with Nic1 and IP1
VDS2 with Nic2 and IP2
so traffic of VDS1 goes trough Nic1 and Traffic of VDS 2 trough Nic2

but to do so I need 1,5GB of RAM
as far 3 OS's are running on that Host Server,
so I'm using 512 MB extra RAM,

that is not that expensive from hosting-ie, 5 euro for extra RAM
but would be nice if there is some way around.

any one has any experience using 2x100 for torrent?

kooftspc11
07-18-2008, 05:05 AM
i'm surprised that you have the british flag in your profile...yet your english is fucking impossible to decipher

can YOU even read what you wrote?

haydeno
07-18-2008, 05:47 AM
someone said if u talk to them and agree to contract(3,6 months) they will sometimes throw in things like extra ram

Ghostbusters
07-18-2008, 07:04 AM
i'm surprised that you have the british flag in your profile...yet your english is fucking impossible to decipher

I thought all the enigma machines were handed back after the war, clearly not :)

kooftspc11
07-18-2008, 07:59 AM

I thought all the enigma machines were handed back after the war, clearly not :)

this thread could probably use one

TechnoMan80
07-18-2008, 02:35 PM
Pilsner :) - enigma :)

they both were made in the same place :))

Haydeno.

this server originally was comming with 512 RAM they set it with 1GB for free so far.
don't think I''ll get any more :)
so need some other way if possible.

h1pp0
07-18-2008, 02:41 PM
google 'nic binding' if your nic supports it. if not briding might work as well but never did software bridging.

arkan
07-18-2008, 03:34 PM
i tried the 2x100mbps, BUT its does not work as I expected. i.e. the bandwidth does not go through both NICs, all of it goes through 1 NIC for some time and the other NIC for some time. it cycles back and forth.

I tried all sorts of stuff like binding 2 Utorrent processes bound to 2 nics, 1 utorrent 1 azureus, 2 utorrents from 2 different user logins bound to separate nics, even tried to get ftp on the second NIC by explicitly declaring the FTP server on the 2nd NIC.

Nothing worked. so if someone can make this work please post here.

TechnoMan80
07-18-2008, 05:31 PM
hrishi2das

is your server windows or linux?
and who are you with?
-------------------------

hmm..... I guess VMware is the best way ......

any one else with some success?

arkan
07-18-2008, 07:25 PM
my server is windows 2003 webedition. and i am with hosting IE.

So do you want me to try VMWARE ?

TechnoMan80
07-19-2008, 02:30 AM
there is nothing to try, it works
but needs some more ram.

if you go for it ask them to give you some more IP's with registered MAC's

arkan
07-19-2008, 05:19 AM
so should I install windows or linux in that virtual machine ?

TechnoMan80
07-19-2008, 11:36 AM
both of them will be fine
but windows is easier to manage.

arkan
07-20-2008, 04:21 AM
Damn screwed something up big time.

Ok let me explain....

The box has 2 NICs(Which I named 'Seedbox1' and 'Seedbox2'), I had before diabled Seedbox2 NIC many times and used just Seedbox1 NIC.

Now for some reason the traffic wasn't smooth on Seedbox1 NIC (Lots of request timeouts on ping, therefore upload speeds were 1/10th of what was before), So I made Seedbox2 NIC higher priority and diverted all traffic through that. That worked perfectly and the speeds came back up to what they were.

Now I DISABLED Seedbox1 NIC. AND THATS IT. I got Locked out Completely !!! Even though the 2nd Seedbox2 NIC was enabled and WAS transmitting data at 5MBps, I got locked out. After I disabled Seedbox1 NIC, BOTH the Seedbox1 and Seedbox2 NICs were request timed out, and not connectable.

So disabling the 2nd NIC is OK, but disabling the first NIC, Locks you out. even Hosting IE people were not able to access it, and they have to do a managed repair of it (Costing me 19euro). It has not been repaired, and I am waiting on it.

Now this makes me believe that the 2 NICs are not completely independent.. ? Can someone explain why this happened, i.e. diabling 2nd NIC is OK, but disabling first NIC LOCKS you out?

TechnoMan80
07-20-2008, 02:41 PM
hi

in windows you can have just one gateway, usually it is indicated in Nic 1
if you disable it that means you left your server without gateway so fat.
so I think they will charge you to fix that.
right now your server shouldn't be accessible for anyone, even for them, unless you have KVM.

I had similar case but on that server i had kvm to fix it.

chears

arkan
07-20-2008, 04:47 PM
yes that makes sense, thanks.

Also they fixed it and because its first time, they very very kindly DID NOT charge me !!! I dont know why people say that hosting-ie's customer service is bad .... ? They have been very responsive and helpful till now.

TechnoMan80
07-23-2008, 07:26 PM
because when they do ones people thinks that how it must be :)
and they ask continuously for remote hands for free :)

have a look to the history of complains
all they complain is that they want managed service for free, and when getting fuck off they start posting bulleggs everywhere :))