PDA

View Full Version : Should all trackers have the Archive section

LuckIEE
07-18-2008, 02:32 PM
I want to know what do you guys think about this.
Should all trackers have an archive section like Clover and SCC. i must say they are great i love them. And have same rules that you have to have a ratio more then .70 on for anything you download.

NorBis
07-18-2008, 02:44 PM
Yes

SgtMajor
07-18-2008, 02:46 PM
No.

It's up to the tracker staff what they do for their tracker, if too many offer the same content or ideas, then it just dilutes the uniqueness of that tracker.

The more a tracker can do to stand out from the crowd, the more peers it will get using that tracker, which is every trackers lifeblood actually - the number of peers it has at any moment in time, the more the merrier.

And I actually prefer seeding time over seeding quantity, what if no-one after you have snatched it has the same tastes as you? There is a way round this, and that is you hand the torrent over to the next person that snatches it, so it will live longer and not depend on the same people seeding torrents all the time, if you take something you should expect to offer it back to the next person. So if after a week member xx comes along and takes the torrent I am seeding off em, I can remove that torrent from my client and expect member xx to seed for the next person to come along, and I can now get something else.

mrnobody
07-18-2008, 02:54 PM
Should ALL tracker HAVE an archive section? NO.

dunson
07-18-2008, 02:56 PM
No, I don't need anything older than a day or two.

Ramus
07-18-2008, 03:01 PM
no only if the tracker can provide a good archive section then they should have one.

RainRoofer
07-18-2008, 03:03 PM
Yes!

krisil
07-18-2008, 03:16 PM
No.

It's up to the tracker staff what they do for their tracker, if too many offer the same content or ideas, then it just dilutes the uniqueness of that tracker.

The more a tracker can do to stand out from the crowd, the more peers it will get using that tracker, which is every trackers lifeblood actually - the number of peers it has at any moment in time, the more the merrier.

And I actually prefer seeding time over seeding quantity, what if no-one after you have snatched it has the same tastes as you? There is a way round this, and that is you hand the torrent over to the next person that snatches it, so it will live longer and not depend on the same people seeding torrents all the time, if you take something you should expect to offer it back to the next person. So if after a week member xx comes along and takes the torrent I am seeding off em, I can remove that torrent from my client and expect member xx to seed for the next person to come along, and I can now get something else.

:yup:

markupmaster
07-18-2008, 03:26 PM
No.

That's actually a very important point. Every tracker should have their own unique features.

:)

buggyfresh
07-18-2008, 03:37 PM
I dunno that an archive section makes a 0-day tracker NOT unique...I think it's the categories that do that e.g. some 0day don't carry mac apps, some don't carry x264, others carry both, some have rrequests, some don't..I think every tracker having an archive in no way makes them common..they're only archiving the same files they had before that made them "unique".

Of course if all archives are free or 2x UL etc then they would have more in common yes, but an archive section doesn't have to be free either - it's just what is being done atm.

Swift
07-18-2008, 03:40 PM
Depends what staff want to do to be a unique feature

DuDutchy
07-18-2008, 04:01 PM
The archive section of ScL sucks. 90% are bad seeded stolen packs from other sites.

chamaeleo
07-18-2008, 05:03 PM
No.

why it be nice to have archived sections and some perks given to seed in them cuz I dunno the next guy, maybe he (or she)'ll lose the torrent after 48h regardless the ratio on it.
maybe behavior like this could be linked to promotion, have that problem solved as well and all:whistling

The archive section of ScL sucks. 90% are bad seeded stolen packs from other sites.

... get on SCC, it rules like there's no tomorrow;)

Ghostbusters
07-18-2008, 05:20 PM
stupid question...

Ghostbusters
07-18-2008, 05:20 PM
laggy double post crap

Krvaric
07-18-2008, 05:30 PM
NO.

free leech on those sections isn't per se a good thing either.....see what happened with that section on scc.

Something Else
07-18-2008, 05:35 PM
NO. That's just one way of doing things. Look at KG for example.

DV8type
07-18-2008, 05:46 PM
Trackers should cut there own path not follow what every1 else is doing, imo. If your a tracker your first thought should be....how can i do something different, something fun!

;)

VIZFX
07-18-2008, 05:47 PM
No, but they should all have some type of freeleech.

sacebac
07-18-2008, 05:50 PM

I have to agree with you, but if i remember well, ScL was the first tracker to have the Archive section, and then other trackers added archive section too.......
Or i am wrong????

LuckIEE
07-18-2008, 07:21 PM
stupid question...
y the hell do you feel the need to answer you suck:angry:

there is only one thing that make a real difference that is the speed of the tracker not the name or the invite system. the best example is TL. a brilliant tracker and you can the invte for that one in a few days. with some hard work.

stoi
07-18-2008, 07:28 PM
BCG is an archive site, and no we will not have freeleech.

Or at least not freeleech as everyone knows it anyway.

I wont say what it is because it may not ever happen, and we already have the SP system, which is like freeleech, but not freeleech at all lol

Its up to the trackers themselves how they do this, 0-day sites might have and archive section, but sites like BCG and KG are an archive site anyway.

LoKaLiRi
07-18-2008, 07:34 PM
hell NO

integral
07-18-2008, 08:15 PM
I think big, non-scene packs (or compiled of previous scene releases) are really good on trackers, and it differentiates them from one another (unless a tracker is stealing such packs -_-). I think it would be good on gaming trackers as well.

For example, a MAME set (arcade emulator) would be particularly big and awesome, and if that particular torrent doesn't add to your download total, then it would make it even more awesome.

Duckater
07-18-2008, 08:18 PM
Why should other trackers want to follow what other sites are doing, scc has there own idea's to run there tracker and do a great job and it is what there users like :)
Another site might have users that would hardly use an archive section and the old stuff they want does not need its own section :)

CraigT92
07-18-2008, 08:19 PM
Yes its a great way of keeping torrents alive and also its good for your ratio :D

LuckIEE
07-18-2008, 08:27 PM
BCG is an archive site, and no we will not have freeleech.

Or at least not freeleech as everyone knows it anyway.

I wont say what it is because it may not ever happen, and we already have the SP system, which is like freeleech, but not freeleech at all lol

Its up to the trackers themselves how they do this, 0-day sites might have and archive section, but sites like BCG and KG are an archive site anyway.
i like the sp system:naughty:

and i also would say that some of us like the old stuff. and it also give a chance for new users to help themselves:happy:

walkman79
07-18-2008, 09:46 PM
stupid question...
y the hell do you feel the need to answer you suck:angry:

there is only one thing that make a real difference that is the speed of the tracker not the name or the invite system. the best example is TL. a brilliant tracker and you can the invte for that one in a few days. with some hard work.

Ghostbusters is the worst spammer I've seen in the Forum lol. I would like an archive section in every tracker but that's a decision of every tracker staff as well.

Nemrod
07-18-2008, 10:24 PM
No, absolutely not.
Every tracker must have its own idiosyncrasy. Lately I´m noticing that in the pursuit of being different almost everybody looks like wearing an uniform. :dry:

Sanka113
07-19-2008, 06:58 AM
Only if they've got the bandwidth to keep the torrents seeded. Most trackers don't so when a torrent is dead it's dead.