PDA

View Full Version : Would You Like To Be Part Of "The Scene"?

Elecktricity
07-18-2008, 04:45 PM
Be honest people :happy: :D

Considering:

All the heat from the MPAA and RIAA :01:
The jail sentence if caught :shutup:
The strict rules :ermm:

Polarbear
07-18-2008, 04:47 PM
Be honest people :happy: :D

Considering:

All the heat from the MPAA and RIAA :01:
The jail sentence if caught :shutup:
The strict rules :ermm:

what exactly does this have to do with bittorrent? wrong section!

yayyyyyy
07-18-2008, 04:48 PM
it's simpler to get busted doing p2p ...

as you are from UK: oink uploaders that were arrested weren't part of the scene...

dunson
07-18-2008, 04:49 PM
I would definitely host a server for a good dvd group or something if I had the opportunity.

yayyyyyy
07-18-2008, 04:52 PM
I would definitely host a server for a good dvd group or something if I had the opportunity.

just colo in a safe place a drop them a mail :P

of course do not loose your time if you are going to propose em something @layeredtech or @leaseweb or any other "lease" site :D

markupmaster
07-18-2008, 05:00 PM
I honestly don't need scene axx...

Torrents do the job for me..

ken
07-18-2008, 05:21 PM
i dont see the use in scene,torrents r safe and do the job and if u take proper measures no1 can catch u

Sanka113
07-18-2008, 05:40 PM
I wouldn't want to be a scener but I wouldn't mind having free scene axx though ;)

WhoopDeDoo
07-18-2008, 05:41 PM
I have friends that are part of the scene. And really if you don't mind waiting a little while longer than they do for something torrents will do the job for you.

SgtMajor
07-18-2008, 05:45 PM
Without being too disrespectful, only a n00b would pose such a question :P

If you have to ask, you don't need to know ;)

walkman79
07-18-2008, 05:48 PM
Actually, p2p put the scene in risk, and bittorrent is the king of p2p. That's why some group releases, warez providers, and Topsite admins hate us lol
I have a friend who has recently shut down his Topsite because he considered it too risky atm. He is planning to open it again though.
I would love to be part of the scene but that means a lot of work, time and much more risk. So, I'll stay making my little contribution as a p2p uploader :)

KvaNt
07-18-2008, 05:51 PM
Scene members are best!
I wouldnt be part of scene because it's take too many time(and money) and very dangerous.

nthpeter
07-18-2008, 05:56 PM
Risky, imo torrent is a better technology, but the most famous grps are known by many ppl.

Duckater
07-18-2008, 08:10 PM
I know very little about the 'scene' and to be honest thats the way they want it :)
I am betting a hi number of the people posting in this thread know very little about it too so I cannot understand why they either say yes or no and to be perfectly honest find the question pointless.
I have personally spoken face to face with people who have scene knowledge and have helped games crackers from the scene and there is very little chance of getting any info from then. The closest I am ever likely to get to the scene is axx and to be honest that is good enough for me :)

Sonnentier
07-18-2008, 09:20 PM
Yes I'd like to be, always seemed exciting.

Squizzle
07-18-2008, 09:35 PM
lol

Night0wl
07-18-2008, 10:46 PM
No never

1. Their rules about keeping to specific formats and sizes suck.

2. Easy to draw heat

Even if there was no 2. I still would say no, because of 1.

_coder_
07-18-2008, 11:25 PM
Not worth it. I rather be safe then sorry. Torrents may not always be the safest method to share files but if you take the right precautions and use your brain you will be NEVER be caught and I can guarantee that.

Elecktricity
07-19-2008, 11:52 AM
Hehe good answers people not sure about SgtMajor's answer though :D

I wonder what type of people are in the scene, because I have asked this question to quite a few people and nearly all say no too risky!

So they must be the sort of people who say who gives a fuck if I go to jail lol

wheeloftime
07-19-2008, 12:34 PM

When you've been around as long as SgtMajor you've seen new members make posts like this 100's of times and sometimes it's difficult not to be brutally honest. Stick around for a while and you'll come to realise he's a nice guy.

As for your question, it's a bit like pizza from dominos. You can get it a little sooner by making an effort and going to get it from the shop, or you can have it delivered, much easier and at the end of the day it's gonna taste exactly the same.

Elecktricity
07-19-2008, 12:59 PM

When you've been around as long as SgtMajor you've seen new members make posts like this 100's of times and sometimes it's difficult not to be brutally honest. Stick around for a while and you'll come to realise he's a nice guy.

As for your question, it's a bit like pizza from dominos. You can get it a little sooner by making an effort and going to get it from the shop, or you can have it delivered, much easier and at the end of the day it's gonna taste exactly the same.

I think he means in it a nice banter type way lol but he does pull me out on most posts I make :P ;)

amilster
07-19-2008, 01:25 PM
Nope like said before to much heat and to much risk for my comford :-P
I'll just keep on seeding (and leetching offcource) to do my part of the game.

a happy seder :-P

wheeloftime
07-19-2008, 01:26 PM

I think he means in it a nice banter type way lol but he does pull me out on most posts I make :P ;)
I'm sure he does, but if you make the odd intelligent post he'll stop:P

Elecktricity
07-19-2008, 01:29 PM
I'm sure he does, but if you make the odd intelligent post he'll stop:P

Hey!!! lol ;) It's just my weird way of trying to settle in :shifty: :D :lol: :happy:

nthpeter
07-19-2008, 05:45 PM
No never

2. Easy to draw heat

If there were no rules, then nukers/sceners couldnt maintain the quality of the scene.

respawn40
07-19-2008, 06:02 PM
Never O.o

peat moss
07-19-2008, 06:05 PM
My daughter got a job at EB games and I thought oh my , the possibilities . Would not what her to get in trouble so never asked any thing dodgey . Thought did cross my mine tho . :shifty:

respawn40
07-19-2008, 06:06 PM
My daughter got a job at EA games and I thought oh my , the possibilities . Would not what her to get in trouble so never asked any thing dodgey . Thought did cross my mine tho . :shifty:

:lol:

Night0wl
07-19-2008, 06:14 PM
No never

2. Easy to draw heat

If there were no rules, then nukers/sceners couldnt maintain the quality of the scene.

So you think music encoded to V2 instead of V0 and highaction sequence movies that are less than 2 hours should be 700MB???

Is that quality?

peat moss
07-19-2008, 06:16 PM
My daughter got a job at EA games and I thought oh my , the possibilities . Would not what her to get in trouble so never asked any thing dodgey . Thought did cross my mine tho . :shifty:

:lol:

Sorry buddie I ment EB games store . Still great opportunities to get serials or games . Mind you tha'ts stealing . :lol:

respawn40
07-19-2008, 06:21 PM
Ah, EB Games. Yeah, that's completely different :P

peat moss
07-19-2008, 06:23 PM
How come when others recode a release and call it their own that's frowned upon ?

I'm kidding tho but the scene sure has it's share of anal retentive fucks .

helpme
07-19-2008, 06:25 PM
i want to ask little question
what is your point from that question !!!!!!!

peat moss
07-19-2008, 06:29 PM
i want to ask little question
what is your point from that question !!!!!!!

He's looking for members ? :whistling

I tease tho , ever read a NFO file and first they say is " NOT " looking for new members . Always made me smile .

Catcher
07-19-2008, 07:02 PM
By being "part of the scene" you mean being an uploader?
Hard job, the rules are very strict but if you play careful being caught would not be so easy.