PDA

View Full Version : petition to reopen hdbits invites

koolyt
07-18-2008, 07:49 PM
representing all the users who legitimately want to be part of this top notch community!

i was one of the unfortunate users who was invited for free by someone who then went on to sell invites on ebay. thus, i was disabled even though i was UHD and a member in excellent standing. it's sad to realize that even free invites can be dangerous. hdbits was basically the center of my online world.

anyhow, i doubt this will have any impact, but who else desperately desires to get back into this tracker?

integral
07-18-2008, 08:00 PM
I personally disagree with the decision to disable invites globally. I wonder how many others trackers would be closed if the admins immediately slammed their fists on their keyboards, disabled invites/registrations, and then punched their monitors in a fit of rage, achieving total victory, the liquid from their LCD monitors oozing out symbolic of the blood of the naughty and conquered invite sellers.

All jokes aside, I'm sure they feel they have a complete community and don't need to globally renew invites. And perhaps they should enable an invite system like ScT has, so invites would be a lot rarer, and would most likely be used sparingly.

CraigT92
07-18-2008, 08:12 PM
Well I think it is right to ban as it will make the users think better who they invite and not just give invites to any one but on the other side people who have got there accounts legitimately should be able to keep there accounts so its a bit of right and wrong

Duckater
07-18-2008, 08:13 PM
It is up to the owners to put the sites saftey first and foremost and if they think this is what is required I back them 100%.
B4 any one asks no I am not a member there.

punki_rach
07-18-2008, 08:15 PM
i was one of the unfortunate users who was invited for free by someone who then went on to sell invites on ebay.

Asking for another invite in your sig is just going to get someone else banned for inviting a disabled user. If/when invites ever come back that is...

Ghostbusters
07-18-2008, 08:18 PM
As usual the minority spoiled it for the majority, another big tracker is also considering removing invites due to bit-tards, watch this space.

It's been on the cards for a while

Word ;)

killercam101
07-18-2008, 08:27 PM
hdbits will re open invites it wont take a petition just time

Ghostbusters
07-18-2008, 08:43 PM
hdbits will re open invites it wont take a petition just time

Global invite bans do suck if you really want to get in there but tbh I fully support it because it sends out a clear message.

Whether or not it pans out to be an effective deterrent remains to be seen...

koolyt
07-18-2008, 09:24 PM
Asking for another invite in your sig is just going to get someone else banned for inviting a disabled user. If/when invites ever come back that is...

oh ya that's been there for a while.. i don't think it's an issue, i talked to some guys from there on irc and my understanding is if you lose an account the way i did it's pretty much expected that you try to get back in and start over. correct me if i'm wrong

Nemrod
07-18-2008, 09:31 PM

oh ya that's been there for a while.. i don't think it's an issue, i talked to some guys from there on irc and my understanding is if you lose an account the way i did it's pretty much expected that you try to get back in and start over. correct me if i'm wrong

Youīre wrong.
One account per user per lifetime.
Other thing is that they never discover youīve been disabled.

Squizzle
07-18-2008, 09:44 PM
representing all the users who legitimately want to be part of this top notch community!

Congratulations, you just made it onto their "users we don't want in here" list.

c0njur
07-18-2008, 10:05 PM
It is disappointing to those who want to get in, but I can see why a site would be frustrated with invites being sold/traded.

Whats needed is some sort of global bittorrent ID system that will allow site admins to view your credentials, there by verifying your ID as a quality user and a non -trader/seller. Other trusted members could "vouch" for a given user and a record could be kept of activities on other sites. Those who engage in illicit activity would be labeled as unwanted. This would of course all be voluntary and would allow users to gain a reputation with the community as a whole.

markupmaster
07-18-2008, 10:16 PM
Staff should have a good reason for closing them. It's their tracker,we shouldn't argue with that.

Nemrod
07-18-2008, 10:17 PM
I can understand them... it has to be so frustrating, for any staff, to see how difficult is for them to get the monthly quota for expenses (not including the hard work and time dedicated) and then it comes from nowhere a scumbag selling something that must be free, besides of not being of his property.
Then, good users pay the price, but I guess that must be very difficult to manage the issue without taking extreme measures.
Iīd like to have them re-enabled, among other things because I promised one to an excellent user, but I understand the resolution... letīs hope that what they get is not to make invites to quote higher...
Damn sellers! Hope they all rotten in hell.

Staff should have a good reason for closing them. It's their tracker,we shouldn't argue with that.

They found on eBay a m***** f***** selling an invite for $ 149.95

markupmaster
07-18-2008, 10:21 PM
I can understand them... it has to be so frustrating, for any staff, to see how difficult is for them to get the monthly quota for expenses (not including the hard work and time dedicated) and then it comes from nowhere a scumbag selling something that must be free, besides of not being of his property.
Then, good users pay the price, but I guess that must be very difficult to manage the issue without taking extreme measures.
Iīd like to have them re-enabled, among other things because I promised one to an excellent user, but I understand the resolution... letīs hope that what they get is not to make invites to quote higher...
Damn sellers! Hope they all rotten in hell.

They found on eBay a m***** f***** selling an invite for $ 149.95

Yeah,My Buddy Just told me..

:dabs:

lukee
07-18-2008, 10:26 PM
blah, i had an account there..then left it die. i didnt like the feel of it. so many different copies of the same movie ughh, some not packed into RARS (rars are essential when downloading large amounts of data. not for the compression, but for corruption prevention. rather end up with 95MB corrupted rar than a 5-12GB corrupted file. ) . for those who cant get into HDBiTS, try scenehd. signups are open and only half what you download counts. speeds are incredible too because of the Swedish users (100Mbit FTTH whores :P). (it is still very easy to seed). all movies are English, no hardcoded subs :) Don't try and act like some stupid fanboy who thinks they can differentiate a scene encode form a P2P encode. yes, the p2p one is slightly better quality in most cases, but it takes a trained eye to notice.

Eargasm
07-19-2008, 03:11 AM
That would be great if they do, but it's their choice. If they don't want us, then they shouldn't be forced to take us.

edit: and honestly, I hate RARs, unless xsfering via FTP.

puckface
07-19-2008, 03:15 AM
ha.

bblogs
07-19-2008, 03:28 AM
I'm sorry but petitions are just pointless. It's like a facebook group getting the US to pull their troops out :rolleyes:

t1m3k33p3r
07-19-2008, 03:59 AM
do you even think HDBits staff are even gonna LOOK AT THIS, let alone CARE ABOUT this thread? Someone selling invites is a very serious thing. Not only does it jeopardize the whole tracker, it taints it and diminishes the true value of inviting friends in.

Petitions won't help a single bit. I'm not ripping of flaming you, but this thread will not grab the staff's attention.

Eargasm
07-19-2008, 04:41 AM
do you even think HDBits staff are even gonna LOOK AT THIS, let alone CARE ABOUT this thread? Someone selling invites is a very serious thing. Not only does it jeopardize the whole tracker, it taints it and diminishes the true value of inviting friends in.

Petitions won't help a single bit. I'm not ripping of flaming you, but this thread will not grab the staff's attention.

So you are saying that the Admin there isn't going to see this thread and start crying over some people who didn't get into his tracker? Because that's what I was hoping for. :frusty:

tknaught
07-19-2008, 04:59 AM
Just join Bit-HDTV in the meantime. I'm sure HDBits will have to re-open invites eventually or end up stagnating as all the good new users go to other trackers.

onlinetragedy
07-19-2008, 05:05 AM
tbh if invites stayed closed for another 2 years hdbits would have no problem. there are more than enough dedicated users there

Ghostbusters
07-19-2008, 05:05 AM
Just join Bit-HDTV in the meantime. I'm sure HDBits will have to re-open invites eventually or end up stagnating as all the good new users go to other trackers.

I think the existing 22,000 of us will do just fine, without a trickle of new users... :)

Sanka113
07-19-2008, 06:54 AM
As soon as they tidy up their userbase i'm use they'll reinstate invites at somepoint.

Eargasm
07-19-2008, 07:31 AM

Joined them 5 days ago, and have decided it will be my primary HD tracker. I think they have an excellent bonus points system, where seeding eventually earns you things like invites, custom title, etc.

yayyyyyy
07-19-2008, 10:49 AM

Joined them 5 days ago, and have decided it will be my primary HD tracker. I think they have an excellent bonus points system, where seeding eventually earns you things like invites, custom title, etc.

one of the reasons I prefer hdbits...

what's the point in allowing ppl to get credit uploads WITHOUT ACTUALLY uploading... but just keeping the torrents in seeding?

at least hdbits allows that for new users only.........

koolyt
07-19-2008, 11:18 AM
That would be great if they do, but it's their choice. If they don't want us, then they shouldn't be forced to take us.

edit: and honestly, I hate RARs, unless xsfering via FTP.

there are no rars, wtf are you people talking about

yes clearly the point of my thread is to FORCE them to take us. ??? who is actually reading here

i didn't make any comment on the validity of their decision to close invites

do you even think HDBits staff are even gonna LOOK AT THIS, let alone CARE ABOUT this thread?

well if you could read you would already know the answer to this question

i accept that this thread could be somewhat pointless but i felt like starting it anyway : )

dunson
07-19-2008, 02:47 PM
This petition has no chance. Even a petition on HDBits would have very slim chances.

tknaught
07-19-2008, 02:53 PM
what's the point in allowing ppl to get credit uploads WITHOUT ACTUALLY uploading... but just keeping the torrents in seeding?

Because it lengthens the life of torrents? Trackers need people to upload, but they also need people to seed for a long time too, or else every torrent would disappear after one month.

`Dr. Nick Riviera`
07-19-2008, 03:19 PM
Omg! Someone sold an invite!! BitTorrent world as we know it is going to end!!1!

Come on...

flamers
07-19-2008, 03:21 PM
closing invites was lame and pointless, almost as much as this petition.

puckface
07-19-2008, 03:24 PM

I actually agree with the closing of invites: It brings more security to the site, now no one can profit off of their work by selling them, its their own damn site and they can do whatever the fuck they want. Also, I think the amount of users they have now is perfect, nothing ever lacks for seeding or leeching, its great.

flamers
07-19-2008, 03:47 PM

I actually agree with the closing of invites: It brings more security to the site, now no one can profit off of their work by selling them, its their own damn site and they can do whatever the fuck they want. Also, I think the amount of users they have now is perfect, nothing ever lacks for seeding or leeching, its great.

Actually, the system they had was great, they had user limit, 15,000 I think, and you could only send invite when spot became available, because of ban/inactivity, etc.

did they really need to close invites?, for reason besides selling I guess.

Raban
07-19-2008, 03:49 PM
hrmm the cap is now 22k and there are more than 1k spots open

Cabalo
07-19-2008, 04:47 PM
yes, the fact is that the site has reached a current userbase that suits it fine. Plus they have launched SDBits recently, and probably want to see how things evolve.
They are the top HD site, and that's final.

robotpirate
07-19-2008, 04:52 PM
doubt a petition on fst would work...

hrmm the cap is now 22k and there are more than 1k spots open
no. i'm sure it's been 22k for a while.

roderick
07-19-2008, 05:16 PM
where do i sign?

djkamikaze
07-20-2008, 07:32 AM
original post = fail.
you were stupid enough to either:
a) accept an invite from someone you didn't know
b) accept an invite from someone you DID know and you should have known better.
it's a torrent site, get over it and move on with your life.

Raban
07-20-2008, 07:58 AM
everyone who's on the site doesn't want invites open and everyone on the outside looking in does . .. . . .. such is life.

pisipisi
07-20-2008, 10:14 AM
hdbits staffs=jerks,idiots.........

Raban
07-20-2008, 10:43 AM

thats not very nice why do you say that

ryan20021982
07-20-2008, 02:01 PM

They probably dont like you either...lol

djkamikaze
07-20-2008, 05:40 PM
I'm sure they're glad they banned you, then.

Nemrod
07-20-2008, 05:50 PM

thats not very nice why do you say that

High chance itīs because heīs been disabled... with no reason, of course. :rolleyes:

walkman79
07-20-2008, 06:54 PM
Well, I support their decision because it implies a clear message: "Don't sell invites"

But I don't think his invitees must have been disabled. Most of the people who ever bought an invite are usually great members because they wanted that much to get into that specific tracker that they paid for it. Furthermore, they are usually n00bs and most of them don't have enough time to make friends in communties like this and only use 1 or 2 trackers.

deadalive1
07-20-2008, 06:59 PM
Well, I support their decision because it implies a clear message: "Don't sell invites"

But I don't think his invitees must have been disabled. Most of the people who ever bought an invite are usually great members because they wanted that much to get into that specific tracker that they paid for it. Furthermore, they are usually n00bs and most of them don't have enough time to make friends in communties like this and only use 1 or 2 trackers.
You aren't condoning the selling/buying of invites are you?:ermm: I hope not.

Duckater
07-20-2008, 07:00 PM
It aint the buyer that the problem as like mentioned they are usually n00bs who know very little the seller is the real problem and usually experienced people to get in trackers like one mentioned here and know their actions can bring a lot of unwanted attention.
If not they should do what is more that attentiion can really get them in trouble as well as another member maybe more as they are profiting from the sale :)

Nemrod
07-20-2008, 07:02 PM

You aren't condoning the selling/buying of invites are you?:ermm: I hope not.

Of course he is. :unsure:

walkman79
07-20-2008, 07:18 PM
No, I'm not condoning the sellling/buying of invites since I considered they are different. People who sell invites usually create multiple accounts and don't have any compunction at all. They see the invites and accounts as merchandise.

People who ever bought an invite are usually impatient n00bs who don't have a friend with an invite and they usually urgently need the tracker they are looking for, because of his job or studies. I bought an invite to OINK the first time Demonoid was shut down more than a year ago, and I really regret of that but I was a totally n00b about private trackers. I only had Demonoid 2 years ago and it was my dream come true.

Nemrod
07-20-2008, 07:28 PM
No, I'm not condoning the sellling/buying of invites since I considered they are different. People who sell invites usually create multiple accounts and don't have any compunction at all. They see the invites and accounts as merchandise.

People who ever bought an invite are usually impatient n00bs who don't have a friend with an invite and they usually need urgent the tracker they are looking for, because of his job or studies. I bought an invite to OINK the first time Demonoid was shut down more than a year ago, and I really regret of that but I was a totally n00b about private trackers. I only had Demonoid 2 years ago and it was my dream come true.

Nobody really needs urgent a tracker.

Seller and buyer, exactly the same degree of guiltiness.

If people can not meet all the requirements, due to lack of free time... or whatever reason, for getting into torrent world, then they should look for other source.
Itīs bullshit to think that everybody has the right to torrent. Only those who have done what itīs needed to be done, and have the required tools (connection, time, will, disposition, etc.) have the right to try it.

I want a Ferrari, do that gives me the right to demand one?... if I canīt buy one, is it OK if I rob one?

deadalive1
07-20-2008, 07:36 PM

People who ever bought an invite are usually impatient n00bs who don't have a friend with an invite and they usually need urgent the tracker they are looking for, because of his job or studies. I bought an invite to OINK the first time Demonoid was shut down more than a year ago, and I really regret of that but I was a totally n00b about private trackers. I only had Demonoid 2 years ago and it was my dream come true.

Nobody really needs urgent a tracker.

Seller and buyer, exactly the same degree of guiltiness.

If people can not meet all the requirements, due to lack of free time... or whatever reason, for getting into torrent world, then they should look for other source.
Itīs bullshit to think that everybody has the right to torrent. Only those who have done what itīs needed to be done, and have the required tools (connection, time, will, disposition, etc.) have the right to try it.

I want a Ferrari, do that gives me the right to demand one?... if I canīt buy one, is it OK if I rob one?

Absolutely right, no difference between the two. The buyer of the invite is NO better than the seller. Regardless of their status (n00b or not). Both should be penalized heavily. People nowadays try to justify every illegal action and then get pissed off @ the end result when they get found out.

walkman79
07-20-2008, 07:40 PM
I want a Ferrari, do that gives me the right to demand one?... if I canīt buy one, is it OK if I rob one?Lol, you are comparing robbing with buying ???

Scammers robs accounts and invites to traders, and they are usually invite sellers. A person who buy an invite is robbing???

It aint the buyer that the problem as like mentioned they are usually n00bs who know very little the seller is the real problem and usually experienced people to get in trackers like one mentioned here and know their actions can bring a lot of unwanted attention.
If not they should do what is more that attentiion can really get them in trouble as well as another member maybe more as they are profiting from the sale :)

I second this.

Btw, Demonoid staff also understand that sellers and buyers are really different and that's why they stated in the CP of each user:
If you paid for your account or invitation, let us know by clicking here, and ask the seller for a refund. We'll give you an invitation code so you can create a new account
All sold accounts end up banned sooner or later.

As I said buying is also bad but buyers are ignorants in most of the cases.

Nemrod
07-20-2008, 07:47 PM
Lol, you are comparing robbing with buying ???

I think you are smart enough to get the point.
Letīs change it... I want a Ferrari but canīt buy a Ferrari, does that give me the right to buy one in black market, knowing thatīs not a legit transaction?.

And yes, buyers are the same to me than sellers, or even worse, because as an addy they are idiots.

walkman79
07-20-2008, 07:54 PM
And yes, buyers are the same to me than sellers, or even worse, because as an addy they are idiots.

Lol, not idiots, just ignorants or lazy people. But c'mon, are you a saint? Bittorrent has turned into the source for warez black market a long time ago and nobody is against that. Have you never smoked grass? or did something that you regretted later.

Nemrod
07-20-2008, 08:08 PM
And due to the fact Iīve done something bad in the past I must close my eyes or look to other site when somebody else does it, or even worse, persist in the error, right?

c0njur
07-20-2008, 08:13 PM
Lol, you are comparing robbing with buying ???

I think you are smart enough to get the point.
Letīs change it... I want a Ferrari but canīt buy a Ferrari, does that give me the right to buy one in black market, knowing thatīs not a legit transaction?.

Lol are you seriously condemning the black market on a file sharing forum?

Im sure many (but not all) of the people buying invites are in fact n00bs (which im sure you were once too) and dont know any better. I believe the seller is usually the one to blame here, however I dont think people who bought invites should be allowed to keep their account either.

walkman79
07-20-2008, 08:16 PM
And due to the fact Iīve done something bad in the past I must close my eyes or look to other site when somebody else does it, or even worse, persist in the error, right?

No, not at all. Please do a search through my post history and you will see what I think about sellers and what I think about buyers. People who persist in the error are idiots and don't deserve any respect. But I do believe in second chances, not a third chance though

Nemrod
07-20-2008, 08:29 PM
No, not at all. Please do a search through my post history and you will see what I think about sellers and what I think about buyers. People who persist in the error are idiots and don't deserve any respect. But I do believe in second chances, not a third chance though

Thatīs why I am kinda confused with your "understanding".

110% agree.

I could eventually agree, but with some reticence.

;)

jonepb
07-20-2008, 09:00 PM
don't think thats help out :(

Eargasm
07-20-2008, 11:08 PM
re the argument about downloading media and real crime:
http://www.milkandcookies.com/link/74122/detail/