PDA

View Full Version : Backing up xbox 360 games...

JunkBarMan
07-19-2008, 03:42 AM
with my Lite-on LH-20AIL. using memorex dvd+r dl, apathy-civ.rev.iso, Imgburn, changed the layer break and dvd to dvd-rom.

so far tried civilization revolution and got 2 unreadable discs.

Any thoughts?

MEDBEDb
07-19-2008, 04:13 AM
what software did u use ?
go cloneCD anyway !

Formula1
07-19-2008, 04:55 AM
is the lite on drive actually flashed? last time i checked you couldnt play burned games on a lite on drive.

JunkBarMan
07-19-2008, 09:56 AM
ok i am stating this all wrong.

my xbox has the ben-q drive flashed with the ixtreme 1.41

my comp has the liteon drive, i just put it out there to let everyone know what i was using

Formula1
07-19-2008, 04:30 PM
are you sure the games were patched with stealth? stealth spoofs the disc into fooling microsoft you are playing an actual disc. also the DVD brand of discs you are using could have an effect, verbatim (from singapore not india) is the only recommended brand to use. And make sure your burn at 2.4x... I use imgburn for all my burned games and it works perfectly.

silent h3ro
07-20-2008, 02:13 AM
I also have a BenQ drive and I also highly recommend that you only burn with IMGBurn like formula1 stated. I burn all my games on default settings but I personally turn off the Verify option because it takes more time and it is unnecessary. I have burned 10 games so far and not one bad disc (all at 2.4x write speed). I use Verbatim discs if that makes any difference. I haven't heard much about Memorex discs but they should be okay. Try lowering the write speed if it's supported and don't change the layer break since it's completely unnecessary.

@formula1 - Whether a game is stealthed or not does not have any affect on whether or not the disc will work. Stealthing the games is only useful to prevent M$ from banning your 360.

Formula1
07-20-2008, 02:03 PM
from the best of my understanding ixtreme 1.41 had been programmed not to work with discs not stealth patched. I always set layer break when i burn a 360 iso

silent h3ro
07-20-2008, 02:11 PM
What is the point of changing the layer break? Also yeah I think you are right about the firmware, not sure what I was thinking when I typed that yesterday.

JunkBarMan
07-20-2008, 10:45 PM
I think the problem wasn't the discs , but i was burning them too fast. I put Unreal tournament 3 in burned it at max speed, lol, failure.

changed the speed to 2.4x and it works like a champ so far :)

waybrane
07-24-2008, 07:27 AM
i have read that alot ppl saying that you should use verbatim media and nothing else, but i have been using memorex media and have had good success. i also have a benq drive modded. i would not do the speedy burn though, that probably was your problem. i have also read that you should put the layer break manually even though most downloads come with .dvd file. when i first was burning i didn't do that and it made a differenct between a good burn or a bad. not sure why it works that way but hey, as long as it works. happy gaming!!

Boutros
07-24-2008, 03:20 PM
I always use the .dvd file with imgburn and I have no problems, I just always check on imgburn that the actual layerbreak is 1913760...

Speed was your problem, you should always burn at 2.4x speed. I've used media other than Verbatim such as Ridata and they work fine.

silent h3ro
07-30-2008, 01:46 AM
I just recently figured out that the .dvd file of the game has some settings in the file already such as the layerbreak so I think that is why it has always worked for me without changing it manually in ImgBurn.

P.W.E.I.
08-02-2008, 01:13 PM
I've burned 100s of X360 discs. Everything that has been said so far has merit.

Verbs work well but are expensive. Cheap discs manufactured with Ricoh dye can give open tray errors, but in that case, they'll generally load by leaving the disc in the drive and rebooting. Aone and Aritas are budget discs that have a good rep and I'm happy to buy these.

Burn at 2.4x - 4x in ImgBurn. Always use the .dvd file, and check prior to burning with Xbox Backup Creator or XDVD Mulleter that the image is fully patched and stealthy.

If your burner doesn't auto bit-set, manually change your booktype to DVD-ROM.

If you get power calibration errors, your burner is on the way out - buy a new Pioneer.

Sorry if that's teaching Granny to suck eggs......