PDA

View Full Version : Terminator Salvation [2009]

mr. nails
07-19-2008, 12:46 PM
Batman is... John Connor! yep, christian bale starring in the newest installment of the terminator movie series. i REALLY hope this turns out to be a good film. i'm thinking it will be and even if it isn't imma watch it. whew, long ways away still though...

HD Trailer (http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/terminatorsalvation)

IdolEyes787
07-19-2008, 01:34 PM
I had high hopes til I checked IMDB and saw the director was McG.:(

Snee
07-19-2008, 10:03 PM
kXnELk6pZVk

For everyone imdb screws over 'cos they don't have a north american IP, or something.

"Terminator" Secrets Revealed! (http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20164286,00.html)

It's true. The Terminator will be baaaahck. As reported last weekend on EW.com's Hollywood Insider blog, Christian Bale has all but finalized a deal to star in the McG-directed Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins, part 1 of a brand-new trilogy envisioned by producers Derek Anderson, Victor Kubicek, and Moritz Borman. Bale will play John Connor, leader of the fight against the evil, human-hunting machines.

BTW.

Something Else
07-20-2008, 12:05 AM
Well that looks bloody exciting.

Snee
07-20-2008, 12:41 AM
Was it the way it didn't really show much of anything that won you over?

KaySterling
07-21-2008, 03:52 PM
Im looking forward for this, having no expectations though. Well it could never top of Terminator 1 that's for sure.. it would take a hell of a lot.
Christian Bale is awesome as an actor but can't really expect his performance on this.

vaidyanath
07-22-2008, 09:17 AM
It's a good news. As I didn't like terminator 3 so i am hoping that this one will be a good to watch. For me, terminator 2 was best

pr0ntastic
07-22-2008, 08:52 PM
hope it will not dissapoint

layla17
07-23-2008, 02:36 PM
I'm really hoping it will be a great movie. It has so much potential to be really great or really bad.

yoco
07-23-2008, 07:18 PM
Im looking forward for this, having no expectations though. Well it could never top of Terminator 1 that's for sure.. it would take a hell of a lot.
Christian Bale is awesome as an actor but can't really expect his performance on this.
Same here :D

Acid_death69
07-27-2008, 04:29 PM
i soooo cant wait for this to come out, i will be so dissapointed if this doesnt live up to the others. Even though some were better than other. i just want it to be watchable in the end:)

markupmaster
07-31-2008, 01:07 AM
Hmm..

He has some shoes to fill..

:)

kooftspc11
07-31-2008, 01:29 AM
i saw the preview for this before the dark knight. ill probably go see it when it comes out next summer but i really dont have much expectation

Hairbautt
07-31-2008, 03:13 AM
The first Terminator is a classic and the sequel gave it good run for its money. One of those rare instances where a sequel lives up to the original, I think.

Terminator 3 :dabs: Arnold or someone just wanted another go. It was alright, but it didn't really progress to anything (it didn't quite live up to the previous two). And I didn't like the guy who played John Connor.

:no:

Hopefully these'll turn out well.

usersec
07-31-2008, 09:53 AM
oh no... :)
terminator 3 shouldnt even existed, with Arnold as old granpa... :D
I really dont expect much, like Rambo 4.. which sucked compared to first 3 sequels ...

andreiyfrag
07-31-2008, 11:20 AM
Hope it'll be an awsome movie :thumbsup:

layla17
07-31-2008, 02:35 PM
I didn't really care for Terminator 3, so hopefully they have a new director and writer for the newest one.

Acid_death69
07-31-2008, 03:13 PM
The first Terminator is a classic and the sequel gave it good run for its money. One of those rare instances where a sequel lives up to the original, I think.

Terminator 3 :dabs: Arnold or someone just wanted another go. It was alright, but it didn't really progress to anything (it didn't quite live up to the previous two). And I didn't like the guy who played John Connor.

:no:

Hopefully these'll turn out well.
i didnt like the guy who played john connor like. But have you seen the bloke who played the original john connor? He is a state lol:sick:

jukesta
07-31-2008, 05:48 PM
i also hope this will be good :-)

clocker
07-31-2008, 10:18 PM
I wish that directors, writers and the money people would come up with some new ideas and quit recycling sequels.
At this rate all our kids will have to choose from will be Batman21 or Terminator34.
And whatever POS Eddie Murphy and Will Ferrell just crapped out.

Acid_death69
08-02-2008, 09:43 AM
I wish that directors, writers and the money people would come up with some new ideas and quit recycling sequels.
At this rate all our kids will have to choose from will be Batman21 or Terminator34.

True, but it is hard to come up with an original idea these days for some reason:s Everything seems like a rip off of something else.

JenSenCO
08-02-2008, 10:07 AM
blah...
no terminator without Arnie...

Busyman
08-02-2008, 09:19 PM

True, but it is hard to come up with an original idea these days for some reason:s Everything seems like a rip off of something else.

New ideas come out all the time as do sequels.

This type of sequel to Terminator has been batted about for quite some time and I'm happy to see it come to fruition. In fact, I'm happy to hear it's a trilogy and isn't just starting in the grey devastation flash forwarded in previous films.

I like the continuation of a good story or universe. I'd be pretty pissed if there were no sequels.

For instance, many of us would love a sequel to Serenity and are happy to see the sequel (and previous reimagining) of Batman.

Oh and Will Ferrell movies are pretty good....Eddie Murphy...yeah that's crap. Who was smokin weed when they greenlit Meet Dave?

Btw, Terminator Sarah Connor Chronicles is getting another season. The show, in it's 9 ep run, turned out to be pretty good.

Another thing I heard is that John Connor gets killed (at some point) and so the resistance moral doesn't sink too low, they "skin" him onto a reprogrammed Terminator to give the illusion that he's still alive.

That tidbit is quite weird.

messiaah
08-03-2008, 01:31 PM
:D looks good

Acid_death69
08-04-2008, 01:24 PM

This type of sequel to Terminator has been batted about for quite some time and I'm happy to see it come to fruition. In fact, I'm happy to hear it's a trilogy and isn't just starting in the grey devastation flash forwarded in previous films.

I like the continuation of a good story or universe. I'd be pretty pissed if there were no sequels.

For instance, many of us would love a sequel to Serenity and are happy to see the sequel (and previous reimagining) of Batman.

Oh and Will Ferrell movies are pretty good....Eddie Murphy...yeah that's crap. Who was smokin weed when they greenlit Meet Dave?

Btw, Terminator Sarah Connor Chronicles is getting another season. The show, in it's 9 ep run, turned out to be pretty good.

Another thing I heard is that John Connor gets killed (at some point) and so the resistance moral doesn't sink too low, they "skin" him onto a reprogrammed Terminator to give the illusion that he's still alive.

Dont get me wrong i love the terminator films and i cant wait to see number four even though we have to wait for a long time:pinch:

But what is puzzling me is that the series the sarah connor chronicles contradicts the films:wacko:

BawA
08-04-2008, 03:29 PM
good god, one of my favorite movie of all time now with bale in it, no Arnold though, HIS NOT BACK.
will be waiting for it.

neo24
08-08-2008, 03:00 PM
hope it will not dissapoint

weberbarna
08-09-2008, 08:12 PM
will be great

Busyman™
08-15-2008, 03:17 PM

Dont get me wrong i love the terminator films and i cant wait to see number four even though we have to wait for a long time:pinch:

But what is puzzling me is that the series the sarah connor chronicles contradicts the films:wacko:

How so? I thought it "fit" into an area of lore that could be finagled a bit.

Also I was quite shocked to find out that the material that the Terminator's endoskeletons are made of that was alluded to in the series, is actually real.

Coltan is the name of the grouping ferrocolumbite and tantalite primarily found in Africa.

I was watching Dan Rather Reports (or was it 60 Minutes?) and heard them mention it.

Acid_death69
08-17-2008, 10:10 AM
How so? I thought it "fit" into an area of lore that could be finagled a bit.

Also I was quite shocked to find out that the material that the Terminator's endoskeletons are made of that was alluded to in the series, is actually real.

Coltan is the name of the grouping ferrocolumbite and tantalite primarily found in Africa.

I was watching Dan Rather Reports (or was it 60 Minutes?) and heard them mention it.
In the third film they didnt consider that they were going to make a series, so when john is introducing himself at the start he say's there have been only two machines sent bk in time. Yet the series shows there's more?????
There are other bits and bobs that contradict the film, like sarah conners death from cancer.

aysomc
08-19-2008, 03:42 PM
im expecting him to save this series just like he did with batman. batman started amazing and then dwindled over the years until batman begins and terminator did great with the first 2 and then went to shit. i expect this to actually be much like the first batman, quite dark and a great performance by him.

lets just hope he doesnt use a terminator to beat up his mom in the film. :P

Acid_death69
08-24-2008, 10:51 AM
Lol, would love to see terminator all dark, i think it would turn it into an epic film:)

bammers
08-30-2008, 09:07 AM
Hope it picks its game up a bit from T3.... which was such a dissapointment. Still, looking forward to seeing it on the big screen when it does eventually does come around! :)

briand5379
08-30-2008, 10:28 AM
Could be good question is how good.

mr. nails
03-14-2009, 02:02 AM
bump for trailer 3.

WoW, i just had to rub one out. looks fuckin' outstanding!

CodeBlue
03-16-2009, 03:20 AM
I agree with bammers on T3. Although, a bad Terminator movie is like bad sex... it's still worth doing. Especially with Claire Danes. ;-) One of the unfortunate things about T3 was the actor that played John Connor. Anyone else have a hard time accepting Nick Stahl as Connor?

I have high hopes for T4 though.

rockaa
03-16-2009, 09:47 AM
There can't be terminator without arnold !That's a fact, lower your expectations to zero.

IdolEyes787
05-18-2009, 03:56 AM
I don't care about the hype and how exciting the trailer may look I have every faith that McG will manage to turn this into a gigantic turd.

If his overwhelming lack of talent wasn't enough then the fact that they pretty much had to write it from scratch on the fly because of Christian Bale's insistence that he play John Connor ( not the role that was originally offered him).
This little ego trip ( from Bale who'd have figured) resulted in Connor going from a minor character as was originally scripted to one that the whole story had to revolve around.
If that wasn't enough he left a much talked about topless scene by Moon Goodblood on the cutting room floor because quote/ unquote it was gratuitous .http://www.joblo.com/images_arrownews/moon-bloodgood-t41a.jpg
What a moron everything in Terminator is gratuitous .It's a effing overblown B-movie for God's sake.
Besides if that weren't enough I've read the ending and it doesn't exactly go in the direction that I as a Terminator fan was hoping for.

Of course even with all that going against it I doubt that it's possible for to be fucked up half as much as T3 was.

random_
05-20-2009, 05:31 PM
Bale is good guy and actor
but
Arnie = Terminator

IdolEyes787
05-20-2009, 10:12 PM
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/terminator_salvation/

Told you .McG = McShit.

Special effects are all fine and good but you have to have a story to hang them on .Failing that then at the very least you need characters with enough substance to them that you actually give a shit whether they live or die..

Terminator Salvation 0 for 2.

A good director can make a bad movie but a bad director is incapable of making a good one.

SonsOfLiberty
05-22-2009, 01:03 AM
So what, is this movie going to be a pile of rubish? Anyone seen it yet? Well if you seen it you prolly wouldn't be back from teh showing yet, lets hope you cammed it for us! I'm broker then a circus right now and can barely keep my internet going :lol:

clocker
05-22-2009, 01:34 AM
Fanboys...
Explain one thing to me...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/clocker/sam-worthington-terminator2.jpg

Why does this thing have teeth?

SonsOfLiberty
05-22-2009, 03:58 AM
So it can bite you pecker off? I guess at one time in the that world they were slaves so they tried to make em' human? Common man you've seen Arnie's butt in the 1st one :lol: But seriously I'm just rambling shit as I go (drunk/stoned/hospital visit), but on a side note, the video game tie in, well it blows more than a machine having teeth. My PC has teeth, it make it look coooouuul :)

The_Martinator
05-22-2009, 07:44 PM
Why does it have teeth?! Without them it wouldn't look dangerous enough. Or badass enough.

jhonnybuck
05-23-2009, 06:28 AM
i am excited abt this movie.. i am a fan of sci-fi.. i hope this comes up to the expectation.

somethingels
05-23-2009, 09:41 PM
I know it have been on some work prints out there. just half movie or something..but have not wanted to spoil it.. have all movies in an collectors box so hope it is as great as the other ones

brento
05-23-2009, 11:37 PM
i am excited abt this movie.. i am a fan of sci-fi.. i hope this comes up to the expectation.

Terminator is sci-fi?

shipwreck
05-24-2009, 01:42 AM

Terminator is sci-fi?

Sure, or have you seen robots with a colgate smile lately?

mr. nails
05-24-2009, 03:09 AM
so, i thought the movie had sum really cool robots/AI action going on. those motorcycles were pretty cool and i like where they came from. almost like a transformer moment. lots of things pointing to the T1 movie. i really don't like christian bales voice, but he didnt' try as hard as he does in "his" batman movies. so, it was ok i guess. the "friendly" infiltrator robot sorta readies u for T2.

there seemed to be sumthing missing from this though. it wasn't a horrible film, but it wasn't a box office hit either.

lol,

the cgi arnold terminator kinda looked rather cartoony and wasn't appreciated at all, but left u with a little chuckle and does tie the story together i guess.

all-in-all, i wasn't disappointed in the film, but it does leave u wanting more from a film that u'd expect a lot from.

christians woman, "when ur troops ask where u are what do i tell them?"

CB (john conner), "i'll be back!"

7.5/10

GeeGeeGee
05-28-2009, 12:21 PM
It's fun.

dadelor
06-04-2009, 03:12 AM
Yeah it didnt really feel like i was watching a terminator movie it just seemed so different. it was entertaining though.
And is it just me or did christian bale sound like he did in batman?

IdolEyes787
06-04-2009, 03:37 AM
Even gravelier if that is possible.

And if gravelier was a real word.

spocky
06-06-2009, 01:56 PM
:) Thnx mooie upload :D

SonsOfLiberty
06-06-2009, 04:50 PM
Yeah it didnt really feel like i was watching a terminator movie it just seemed so different. it was entertaining though.
And is it just me or did christian bale sound like he did in batman?

I've read some reviews on it, and some/Most say he went way over board with the acting, some say it was too much.

The Flying Cow
06-06-2009, 11:35 PM
Even though the story is in parts incomprehensible and over-the-top, the movie is well made for what it is. Interlaced with the odd cheesy bit, that doesn't drag on for too long to the point of seriously affecting the overall pace, are good actors and a well propelled sequence of events. The effects are very impressive, as are the machines and environments.

Some things remain a mystery to me, like how Connor and Kyle are both alive at the same time we don't even know how whilst Connor being Kyle's son is older than him But I guess one must simply suspend disbelief and enjoy the ride. The overarching message is idealistic enough.

Worth watching in the theatres.

SonsOfLiberty
06-07-2009, 05:53 AM
The Terminator saving Connors life? WTF? I guess they will make 2 more movies, since they left it open and guess we will have 6. Feck, at least give us Arnie! 5 Minute bullshit of him trying to kill him is bullshit, in 3 is was all about saving him, jesus mary fucken shit, stay on the course man, stay on the course!

100%
06-07-2009, 10:00 PM
Fanboys...
Explain one thing to me...

Why does this thing have teeth?

:lol::lol:

Good point,
although...
just add skin and your set.

Salvation is full to the brim with loopholes.
It was quite a spectacle for the eyes though.

yoco
06-10-2009, 07:50 PM
Watched it last week. I didn't expect much out of the movie, so I wasn't really disapointed. It was overall good movie!

maxehhh
06-12-2009, 10:48 PM
Some people didn't liked it... i did maybe because i just wanted to see a John Connor that doesn't like to follow orders and it's not the same John as in T2.

gisnl
06-14-2009, 07:55 PM
Batman is... John Connor! yep, christian bale starring in the newest installment of the terminator movie series. i REALLY hope this turns out to be a good film. i'm thinking it will be and even if it isn't imma watch it. whew, long ways away still though...

HD Trailer (http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/terminatorsalvation)
thanks

pnb_2976
06-17-2009, 03:03 PM

Ha ha, i like this picture. I like Terminator both film and series :x !