PDA

View Full Version : Are You People "genuinely" Sharing ?

Hermit
08-18-2003, 07:15 AM
Many a times I have people d/l from me but when you try to do a search or find more from the user it shows up empty ! What this meant (the way i interpret it) is that you're simply trying to leech and not contributing or sharing ! i'll cancel the d/l straight away ! you know who you are - a bunch of hopeless leechers ! let's be fair though , nobody want to get caught for "sharing" but it's a chance everyone here has to takes . good day ! :angry:

J'Pol
08-18-2003, 07:18 AM
Fine - cancel me. Do what you want. Let the whole system stop working.

You are only one of many. Saying the same thing, it's boring now.

Or are you just one nob, saying the same thing over and over.

Captain Nemo
08-18-2003, 07:22 AM
Many a times I have people d/l from me but when you try to do a search or find more from the user it shows up empty ! What this meant (the way i interpret it) is that you're simply trying to leech and not contributing or sharing ! i'll cancel the d/l straight away ! you know who you are - a bunch of hopeless leechers ! let's be fair though , nobody want to get caught for "sharing" but it's a chance everyone here has to takes . good day !

Please read this before you post (http://www.hermit.youarelame.com/)

:P This topic has been brought up many times, use the search function

RealitY
08-18-2003, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by JPaul@18 August 2003 - 08:18
Hmmmm...

J'Pol
08-18-2003, 07:32 AM
That's a bit harsh.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RealitY
08-18-2003, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by JPaul@18 August 2003 - 08:32
That's a bit harsh.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Your a bit Harsh...
Look Here (http://www.JPaul.youarelame.com/).
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

EDIT: Just Folling.

Captain Nemo
08-18-2003, 07:44 AM
Ah , I was just poking a little bit but,.. out of 2,666,978 users right now on kazaa I guess he can put me on his s**t list too, I share and, I share unlimited bandwith too :D

Hermit
08-18-2003, 07:47 AM
Juz fool for as long as you want ! i don't care either.

i come here hoping for some kind of solutions to try ending the leeching ! not for some ridicule from a bunch of lamers . pls shut up if u ain't got somethin' constuctive to contribute !

Adster
08-18-2003, 07:47 AM
Fine - cancel me. Do what you want. Let the whole system stop working.

You are only one of many. Saying the same thing, it's boring now.

yep exactly

I use the prviacy pathc so you cant get my files so cancel me problem solved

this would normally be a psot where I would type the word NOOB or Boring for 1 million times down the page but I promised not to do that anymore

so where the key mods???

how about the mods merge all thread like this???

im sure it would pass teh biggest spam post topic :lol:

balamm
08-18-2003, 08:10 AM
Hermit, have a cookie

http://www.lepra.org.uk/cookie.gif

Now tell me your kazaa user name so I can block you from ever downloading from me because I'm very selective about allowing people who block others(leeches them selves in effect) from downloading from me.
I have that right.

HeavyMetalParkingLot
08-18-2003, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Hermit@18 August 2003 - 07:47

i come here hoping for some kind of solutions to try ending the leeching ! not for some ridicule from a bunch of lamers . pls shut up if u ain't got somethin' constuctive to contribute !
STFU, learn how kazaa works you schmuck.

N£MO
08-18-2003, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Hermit@18 August 2003 - 08:47

:lol: :lol: ....n00b

I'm_going_slightly_mad
08-18-2003, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by HeavyMetalParkingLot+18 August 2003 - 10:14--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (HeavyMetalParkingLot @ 18 August 2003 - 10:14)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Hermit@18 August 2003 - 07:47
Juz fool for as long as you want &#33; i don&#39;t care either.

i come here hoping for some kind of solutions to try ending the leeching &#33; not for some ridicule from a bunch of lamers . pls shut up if u ain&#39;t got somethin&#39; constuctive to contribute &#33;
STFU, learn how kazaa works you schmuck. [/b][/quote]
I echo HMPL&#39;s reply. :lol:

Cheers&#33; =]

Suzi

Illuminati
08-18-2003, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by Hermit@18 August 2003 - 08:47
Juz fool for as long as you want &#33; i don&#39;t care either.

i come here hoping for some kind of solutions to try ending the leeching &#33; not for some ridicule from a bunch of lamers . pls shut up if u ain&#39;t got somethin&#39; constuctive to contribute &#33;
Those who you call "lamers" already know about the Search function, and have used it before to learn the fact that we already have a hundred topics saying the same bloody thing.

So who looks like the lamer now? ;)

slicepie
08-19-2003, 12:47 AM
YOU ARE ALL IDIOTS, STOP BITCHING AND WHINING ABOUT SOMETHING BEING POSTED TOO MANY TIMES. IF ALL YOU DUMBASSES WOULD STOP READING THESE NEW POSTS YOU WOULDN&#39;T HAVE ANYTHING TO WHINE ABOUT. BUT THERE&#39;S NO POINT IN CONTRIBUTING IF YOU CAN&#39;T BASH SOMEONE ELSE, HUH? HOW ABOUT TRYING SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE AND SEND A LINK SO THE POSTEE CAN READ THE 10 MILLION OTHERS. BESIDES, MANY NOOBS DON&#39;T KNOW HOW TO NAVIGATE THE FORUM VERY WELL, AND WITH A BUNCH OF PRICKS COMPLAINING AND NOT HELPING, IT&#39;S AMAZING THAT THIS FORUM IS STILL GROWING.

THE FORUM IS HERE FOR ALL OF US P2P USERS TO SHARE IDEAS INSTEAD OF JUST OUR FILES. MANY NOOBS ARE EXTREMELY INQUISITIVE AND VERY INEXPERIENCED, SO CUT THEM A LITTLE SLACK. REMIND THEM ABOUT THE FAQ AND SEARCH, AND SEND LINKS. PLEASE DON&#39;T TURN THE K-LITE FORUM INTO ANOTHER KINDERGARDEN CHAT ROOM&#33;

WE ARE ALL HERE TO HELP EACH OTHER. WHY DON&#39;T WE DO JUST THAT?

:huh: :o ;) :P :D :lol: B) :rolleyes: <_< :) :angry: :( :unsure: :blink:

balamm
08-19-2003, 12:54 AM
slicepie, have a cookie.

Now STFU

RealitY
08-19-2003, 12:59 AM
I&#39;m full myself, but thanks very much for the offer.
Unfortunattly I got an upset stomach from...
Excessive nOOb today.

Powdered Water
08-19-2003, 01:04 AM
Captian Nemo that was brilliant&#33; :D :D

I'm_going_slightly_mad
08-19-2003, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Hermit@18 August 2003 - 02:15
Many a times I have people d/l from me but when you try to do a search or find more from the user it shows up empty &#33; What this meant (the way i interpret it) is that you&#39;re simply trying to leech and not contributing or sharing &#33; i&#39;ll cancel the d/l straight away &#33; you know who you are - a bunch of hopeless leechers &#33; let&#39;s be fair though , nobody want to get caught for "sharing" but it&#39;s a chance everyone here has to takes . good day &#33; :angry:
N00b&#33;&#33;
:o :o :o :o :blink:

Argh&#33; :pirate:

I'm_going_slightly_mad
08-19-2003, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by slicepie@18 August 2003 - 19:47
YOU ARE ALL IDIOTS, STOP BITCHING AND WHINING ABOUT SOMETHING BEING POSTED TOO MANY TIMES. IF ALL YOU DUMBASSES WOULD STOP READING THESE NEW POSTS YOU WOULDN&#39;T HAVE ANYTHING TO WHINE ABOUT.&nbsp; BUT THERE&#39;S NO POINT IN CONTRIBUTING IF YOU CAN&#39;T BASH SOMEONE ELSE, HUH? HOW ABOUT TRYING SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE AND SEND A LINK SO THE POSTEE CAN READ THE 10 MILLION OTHERS.&nbsp; BESIDES, MANY NOOBS DON&#39;T KNOW HOW TO NAVIGATE THE FORUM VERY WELL, AND WITH A BUNCH OF PRICKS COMPLAINING AND NOT HELPING, IT&#39;S AMAZING THAT THIS FORUM IS&nbsp; STILL GROWING.

THE FORUM IS HERE FOR ALL OF US P2P USERS TO SHARE IDEAS INSTEAD OF JUST OUR FILES. MANY NOOBS ARE EXTREMELY INQUISITIVE AND VERY INEXPERIENCED, SO CUT THEM A LITTLE SLACK. REMIND THEM ABOUT THE FAQ AND SEARCH, AND SEND LINKS.&nbsp; PLEASE DON&#39;T TURN THE K-LITE FORUM INTO ANOTHER KINDERGARDEN CHAT ROOM&#33;

WE ARE ALL HERE TO HELP EACH OTHER. WHY DON&#39;T WE DO JUST THAT?

:huh:&nbsp; :o&nbsp; ;)&nbsp; :P&nbsp; :D&nbsp; :lol:&nbsp; B)&nbsp; :rolleyes:&nbsp; <_<&nbsp; :)&nbsp; :angry:&nbsp; :(&nbsp; :unsure:&nbsp; :blink:
LOSE THE CAPS&#33;&#33;

ARGH&#33; :pirate:

ISthisLEGAL.com
08-19-2003, 07:42 PM
O.k ill be nice to him, we where all new once&#33; you cant get a list of most peoples files because we are useing the privacy patch to stop the RIAA and others from getting a list of what we share, but most of us are sharing it just looks like we dont because we dont want taking to court for breaking copyright laws.....plus we are all paranoid and hide under are beds waiting for the front door to be kicked in because sony want there cds back&#33;

internet.news
08-19-2003, 09:18 PM
Although there is more behind sharing: we have to share our thoughts openly to understand each other better, some people who do not share, are also just humans :( ...

I share at the moment 645 files, - as my participation level it shows 1000 (Supreme Being), cause this seems to be default and when I try to uncheck
the Constant PL 1,000 button in Options I fall back on 100 (Medium), although I have 600 ??? Anyway, If you want to look in my shared feel free :) The button
Don&#39;t show Filelist is not checked :) - Some people might have it checked cause of
the RIAA sueing some people :(

Sometimes if you want to see Userlist and it does not show you anything or is very
slow could mean that the User is far far away from your location somewhere in south america probably :) :( or the User recently went Offline or the User do not want other people to see his shared directly or is sharing nothing at the moment :(

but what really make me sometimes feeling lonely - and a little bit crazy/angry more lonely - is that some people do not seem to accept incoming messages :(
to share their thoughts openly :( - Some time ago I really have had some nice short discossions through the message system - and I am everytime glad to see someone answering :)

thanks anyway, david.

H.H.
08-20-2003, 10:54 AM
Heyy, baby&#33; Whaddya expect????

HAH&#33;

Everybody wants it ALL and are not willing to give anything in return&#33;
Human Nature? Boyz bein&#39; Boyz? Assholes bein&#39; assholes?

Anyway.... if pissed enough You can allways turn OFF the file-sharing option.... see where THAT gets Ya&#33;

Bye&#33;

H.H. ;)

Bebi
08-20-2003, 01:35 PM
You know I can partly understand why these noobs never learn, BECUASE MOST PEOPLE FLAME THEM INSTEAD OF EXPLAINING THE RIGHT LIKE THE PRIVACY PATCH&#33; But it is also his fault for not learning about kazaa right so whatever B)

DasScoot
08-21-2003, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by Bebi@20 August 2003 - 13:35
You know I can partly understand why these noobs never learn, BECUASE MOST PEOPLE FLAME THEM INSTEAD OF EXPLAINING THE RIGHT LIKE THE PRIVACY PATCH&#33; But it is also his fault for not learning about kazaa right so whatever B)
If the only thing I was able to post was &#39;the privacy patch allows you to share without others seeing your files&#39;, I&#39;d still be able to make like 5 non-spam posts a day. This stopped being n00b and moved into just f**king stupid a long time ago.

Switeck
08-21-2003, 04:45 AM
Originally posted by Captain Nemo@18 August 2003 - 02:44
I share and, I share unlimited bandwith too&nbsp; :DUnlimited bandwidth isn&#39;t the way to generate the fastest uploads -- because most ISPs when you exceed their bandwidth max slow the connection by dropping/losing potentially ALL outgoing and incomming ip packets for a second or 2.

Which is faster?:
90% constantly
110% sometimes, 0% others (that&#39;s what unlimited bandwidth gives you.)

Captain Nemo
08-21-2003, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by Switeck@21 August 2003 - 04:45
Unlimited bandwidth isn&#39;t the way to generate the fastest uploads -- because most ISPs when you exceed their bandwidth max slow the connection by dropping/losing potentially ALL outgoing and incomming ip packets for a second or 2.
Okay, what kilobite would you recommend I use for the most reliable upload :blink: I am just trying to "generate the fastest uploads" for people.

My I.S.P. restricts my up, to 250kbs I believe,. so you tell me........

which one would be best:

Peace

Aimless6
08-21-2003, 11:04 AM
With an isp upload cap of 250 kb/s ?? That would be 128 kb/s max for K++. (the Cable (average) setting in the Kazaa Lite configuration tool)

From my experiance, using 256 kb/s or higher WILL cause the average bandwith to drop to 190 kb/s or less. And it will slow down browsing by several seconds.

RealitY
08-21-2003, 07:29 PM
If its 250 kilo bytes per second then use 256.
If you see any trouble go to 128 perhaps.

Switeck
08-21-2003, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Aimless6@21 August 2003 - 06:04
With an isp upload cap of 250 kb/s ?? That would be 128 kb/s max for K++. (the Cable (average) setting in the Kazaa Lite configuration tool)

From my experiance, using 256 kb/s or higher WILL cause the average bandwith to drop to 190 kb/s or less. And it will slow down browsing by several seconds.
Cable (fast) should set uploads up to 27 KB/sec (216 kilobits/sec) -- which is about right for a connection limited to 250 kilobits/sec total upload bandwidth.

If that&#39;s a little high, there&#39;s an ADSL setting which puts it to 22 KB/sec (176 kilobits/sec).

I personally made small *.REG files to quickly change upload bandwidth on-the-fly without even having to go through KL++&#39;s menus. This allows me to set more finely-tuned values. I run typically at (29 KB/sec) 232 kilobits/sec.

Here&#39;s the 1 for 232 kilobits/sec (E8 = 232):

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER&#092;Software&#092;Kazaa&#092;Transfer]
"UploadBandwidth"=dword:000000e8

RealitY
08-21-2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Switeck@21 August 2003 - 20:31
Here&#39;s the 1 for 232 kilobits/sec (E8 = 232):

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER&#092;Software&#092;Kazaa&#092;Transfer]
"UploadBandwidth"=dword:000000e8
Good To Know.