PDA

View Full Version : One last question about PtN before I go looking for an invite.

Eargasm
07-19-2008, 11:40 PM
The old thread was locked or I'd have added to that.

The questions is, does PtN allow multiple genres for one torrent? Goem does, but tehconnection doesn't - I prefer the former. Frankly speaking, it annoys me when I can't tag an action comedy with action AND comedy.

quickedit: Freud

SgtMajor
07-19-2008, 11:49 PM
No.

But I agree with you, multiple tagging rules the waves for filums, such obviousment as most movies are not just a or b.

mrnobody
07-19-2008, 11:56 PM
i love the genre tagging like they have over iPLAY.

i always find something to download because of that lol

also, i wish movies could sorted out based on actors, director etc. That way there is no need to create xyz actor or director pack.

Eargasm
07-20-2008, 12:02 AM
No.

But I agree with you, multiple tagging rules the waves for filums, such obviousment as most movies are not just a or b.

Thank you for answering the question, SgtMajor. I'm going to keep my eye out for more sites that have this feature implemented - A gazelle based movie tracker would be nice. :cool:

also, i wish movies could sorted out based on actors, director etc. That way there is no need to create xyz actor or director pack.

iPlay has movies?

mrnobody
07-20-2008, 12:04 AM
it's a scene tracker, so yes.

go check review thread.

SgtMajor
07-20-2008, 12:07 AM

Letsbe admin on a new movie tracker, imdbtags.net, your multiple tagging movie torrents all in one place :lol:

stoi
07-20-2008, 12:10 AM
stoi takes notes lol

we already have it set up to fill in the description and 4 tags from IMDB, but i have heard IMDB dont like that and stop it pretty sharpish, but we will see how long we can make it last for.

mrnobody
07-20-2008, 12:16 AM

Letsbe admin on a new movie tracker, imdbtags.net, your multiple tagging movie torrents all in one place :lol:

secret url, remember? :dabs:

stoi takes notes lol

we already have it set up to fill in the description and 4 tags from IMDB, but i have heard IMDB dont like that and stop it pretty sharpish, but we will see how long we can make it last for.

i am not sure what u mean...what does IMDB does not like?

stoi
07-20-2008, 12:20 AM
taking the descriptions of the films, and the genre from their database for every torrent uploaded.

K what it does, imagine an upload page.

you have 1 line to put something in, so you put in the name of the film.

it then lists any films that are similar to that film (put in the matrix it will come up with all 3 matrix and then some more random stuff)

you select the one you want. it also fills in the description with actor, director, plot, whatever you get on IMDB and also puts in the genres into 4 genre cats, Romance, Sci fi, basically whatever genres IMDB has listed.

all the uploader has to do it upload the torrent and start seeding.

But IMDB do not like this i have heard, and block any sites doing it. so it may not last long lol

SgtMajor
07-20-2008, 12:25 AM

Have you heard of ITN, they are a great new movie tracker, you should try & sign up if you can cos signups will soon be closed and they will never, ever re-open again, well not until the next time anyway.

Something Else
07-20-2008, 12:29 AM
I thought that was a news channel. :unsure:

mrnobody
07-20-2008, 12:34 AM
taking the descriptions of the films, and the genre from their database for every torrent uploaded.

K what it does, imagine an upload page.

you have 1 line to put something in, so you put in the name of the film.

it then lists any films that are similar to that film (put in the matrix it will come up with all 3 matrix and then some more random stuff)

you select the one you want. it also fills in the description with actor, director, plot, whatever you get on IMDB and also puts in the genres into 4 genre cats, Romance, Sci fi, basically whatever genres IMDB has listed.

that is a different script, the one you are talking about is alike of TheHorrorCharnel. Like you said, all uploader have to do is type out the title of the movie and it gives lists out some possible movies w. IMDB link. Uploader have to manually select the movie / IMDB link and the system auto fills rest of the info (like director, plot, description, imdb link, actors etc).

The one i am taking about is a lil different. All uploader have to do is put IMDB link in their nfo. They system scans the nfo for IMDB link and extracts the info (movie cover, imdb link, plot, description).

But IMDB do not like this i have heard, and block any sites doing it. so it may not last long lol

i really don't know how they can detect the sites that use those script, it's beyond my capability, so maybe they can.

Have you heard of ITN, they are a great new movie tracker, you should try & sign up if you can cos signups will soon be closed and they will never, ever re-open again, well not until the next time anyway.

sounds l33tish

it better increase my epenis by couple centimeters at least

stoi
07-20-2008, 12:40 AM
well a smaller tracker may be able to get away with it. less uploads per day than say a huge tracker, so the BW from that site wont pike up from IMDB so they may go un noticed.

Its just what i heard another owner say, they had it on and IMDB blocked the dcript from working from their site URL/IP addy.

we wont know until we try it.

soulreaper
07-20-2008, 05:36 AM

:lol:

Funny, but I stumbled upon ETN last night and you know what? It's a torrent site with a fake frontpage.:lol:

SgtMajor
07-20-2008, 05:45 AM

:lol:

Funny, but I stumbled upon ETN last night and you know what? It's a torrent site with a fake frontpage.:lol:

hehe.

/me steals the idea to use for my new ImdbTags.Net (ITN) site :D

Win Win :P