PDA

View Full Version : Are We Gonna Get Protection From The Riaa ?

kazaaliteuser1
08-18-2003, 09:16 AM
I am hope'n that theres gonna be a new version of kazaa lite that will stop us from get'n these RIAA mp3's. it really sucks ass! if any one knows how i can stop my self from download'n these files or if any one knows how to detect these mp3's please post!
im just want'n all the info i can get! so every one please post a comment !
sign the petition as well !
thanks
-Gabe

Gre1
08-18-2003, 09:37 AM
Just auto search about 6-8 times then align your bandwidth tab from greatest to least by clicking the bandwidth tab (the arrow will be pointing down) then all the ones at the top with about 3000 bandwidth with anywhere from 30-1000 users are all fake riaa's scroll down to one with about 2-8 users with bandwidth about 300-400 and that should work. Does for me. ;) :D

3rd gen noob
08-18-2003, 09:39 AM
there's no real way to stop from getting riaa fakes on kazaa

i suppose the easiest tip would be to get Soulseek (http://www.slsk.org)

N£MO
08-18-2003, 09:41 AM
Just stick to verified music files or as 3rd gen noob said get soulseek.

Gre1
08-18-2003, 09:41 AM
That is a real way try it and see don&#39;t u get the right song. <_<

3rd gen noob
08-18-2003, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Gre1@18 August 2003 - 10:41
That is a real way try it and see don&#39;t u get the right song. <_<
why do so many people say soulseek is better than k-lite for music then?

are they trying to kid people on...?

:blink:

kazaaliteuser1
08-18-2003, 09:48 AM
Soulseek isnt all that you people SPAM it to be, it has those RIAA songs too&#33; its happened to me there too, and its way to young of a program&#33; its like an early napster, very crapy&#33; and is a pain in the ass to actually get a song to DL&#33;
Soulseek gets a 1.5 out 5 rate&#39;n from me &#33;

3rd gen noob
08-18-2003, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by kazaaliteuser1@18 August 2003 - 10:48
pain in the ass to actually get a song to DL&#33;
can you explain more please?

kazaaliteuser1
08-18-2003, 10:12 AM
well maybe its jsut me but when i get on soulseek and i find a song i wanna DL it takes years to download, it downloads at 1KB/s or it will download and user gets off, etc etc etc etc&#33;

Haguey-
08-18-2003, 10:14 AM
Piolet B)

3rd gen noob
08-18-2003, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by kazaaliteuser1@18 August 2003 - 11:12
well maybe its jsut me but when i get on soulseek and i find a song i wanna DL it takes years to download, it downloads at 1KB/s or it will download and user gets off, etc etc etc etc&#33;
are you on people&#39;s download lists?
go into the klf musicworld room and you may get added to member&#39;s lists

this should ensure faster download speeds

theslayer40
08-19-2003, 04:12 PM
I had Problems with Soulseek too such as it froze up my computer as soon as I clicked a song to DL :o , So I use Piolet and have been for a while.

I'm_going_slightly_mad
08-19-2003, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by kazaaliteuser1@18 August 2003 - 04:48
Soulseek isnt all that you people SPAM it to be, it has those RIAA songs too&#33; its happened to me there too, and its way to young of a program&#33; its like an early napster, very crapy&#33; and is a pain in the ass to actually get a song to DL&#33;
Soulseek gets a 1.5 out 5 rate&#39;n from me &#33;
I actually have downloaded (as well as uploaded) MP3s of a much better quality using SoulSeek than I have with Kazaa. Sharing with only those you trust helps. :)

Cheers&#33; =]

Suzi

I'm_going_slightly_mad
08-19-2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by kazaaliteuser1@18 August 2003 - 05:12
Then you need to look at the upload speed of the person you are attempting to download from. The higher, the better chances you have of a decent download rate.

Cheers&#33; =]

Suzi

slick nick
08-20-2003, 12:32 AM
if you want to avoid downloading fake albums off kazaa try using newsgroups or irc or soulseek. all new albums are 192k quality and put out by ripping crews. if it&#39;s not 192k and have the track number at the begging of the track name as well as rns, cms, ftd, or some other ripping crew 3 letter name it&#39;s probably a fake. if you know this you won&#39;t download fakes or kazaa or soulseek. just so happens soulseek users know about getting albums from the horses mouth newsgroups and irc.

And another note that whole only sharing with user list is tantomount to leeching. when people search for stuff they are screwed because you are only sharing with your list. yeah your sharing but it&#39;s not benifiting the community as a awhole.

I'm_going_slightly_mad
08-20-2003, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by slick nick@19 August 2003 - 19:32
if you want to avoid downloading fake albums off kazaa try using newsgroups or irc or soulseek. all new albums are 192k quality and put out by ripping crews. if it&#39;s not 192k and have the track number at the begging of the track name as well as rns, cms, ftd, or some other ripping crew 3 letter name it&#39;s probably a fake. if you know this you won&#39;t download fakes or kazaa or soulseek. just so happens soulseek users know about getting albums from the horses mouth newsgroups and irc.

And another note that whole only sharing with user list is tantomount to leeching. when people search for stuff they are screwed because you are only sharing with your list. yeah your sharing but it&#39;s not benifiting the community as a awhole.
Look, if you want to share with the entire community, use Kazaa. I like SoulSeek because I can share only with those one my list (and I do have a large list) and be quite sure that the RIAA is not going to be bothering me.

Argh&#33; :pirate:

slick nick
08-20-2003, 03:32 AM
"Look, if you want to share with the entire community, use Kazaa. I like SoulSeek because I can share only with those one my list (and I do have a large list) and be quite sure that the RIAA is not going to be bothering me.

the whole reason i don&#39;t use kazaa is because of the amount of users with stuff i want is far more abundunt on soulseek. the fact remains no matter how large your list is i&#39;m screwed if i search for something you may be the only one with. if you are upload period the riaa hanchmen&#39;s spiders will find you and know who you are. the riaa wont bother me is a pretty weak rationalization. sure you can assure no leeches download off you but people who want things you have are screwed. i&#39;d rather ban leeches than cause people to not get something they want i&#39;m online with. just my opinion.