PDA

View Full Version : Looking for BCG

GGC
07-22-2008, 07:35 PM
Hey guys,

I'm looking for an invite to BCG. Any chance someone can help me out?

Thanks

stoi
07-22-2008, 07:36 PM
BCG or BSG?

If its BCG we dont have invites and we are tightly shut for now, expect that to change in the next couple of weeks though.

integral
07-22-2008, 07:38 PM
You guys closed open registrations? I didn't even notice.. I can't wait to see what you have planned though ;)

GGC
07-22-2008, 07:38 PM
Black Cats. Thanks for the info.

stoi
07-22-2008, 07:42 PM
we did let in 11,000 members in 2 days, we close and we loose 5,000 members in a week (must have been dupe accounts because even banned members dont go until 60 days are passed).

this is why we are closed tight atm, and the 3 every 15 minutes never quite worked either. Those that wanted to get in, never could, those that cheated and duped could just waltz in, and 3 every 15 minutes wasnt enough either.

so we are going another route. but it will make us more underground.

Bionic
07-22-2008, 08:31 PM
we did let in 11,000 members in 2 days, we close and we loose 5,000 members in a week (must have been dupe accounts because even banned members dont go until 60 days are passed).

this is why we are closed tight atm, and the 3 every 15 minutes never quite worked either. Those that wanted to get in, never could, those that cheated and duped could just waltz in, and 3 every 15 minutes wasnt enough either.

so we are going another route. but it will make us more underground.

Congrats on repeating it 100s of times, lol. :w00t:
Get pissed and go like- Fcukin search man.

Ali-g
07-22-2008, 08:35 PM
Waiting to see what uve planned...
Anyway going to invites again huh :P GL

stoi
07-22-2008, 08:37 PM
Its not invites, its very similar to invites, but its not invites.

All will be revealed on BCG soon enough, if your an Uploader its already in the VIP forum.

jokzor
07-22-2008, 08:38 PM
that means that cheaters are always looking closely and so they get in faster, making it harder to get in will only make cheaters look closer, leaving the good users more distant, as far as i know invites with a responsibility (aka, possibility of loosing your own account on inviting ppl u dont know) are the only way to grow safely

Its not invites, its very similar to invites, but its not invites.

All will be revealed on BCG soon enough, if your an Uploader its already in the VIP forum.
lol i wonder what's been hapenning on that mind

stoi
07-22-2008, 08:40 PM
but if you loose your account for inviting the wrong person, no one invites, so you dont grow.

There will be consequences but there will also be bonuses for who you get in.

there has to be some consequence or you will just invite anyone, to strict of a consequence and you wont invite anyone, and i think if you do bring in good members, you should be rewarded in some way.

jokzor
07-22-2008, 08:43 PM
wonderfull, glad to hear that, and that joining bcg will be possible soon, i'll make sure you are rewarded stoi :p

Tokeman
07-22-2008, 08:44 PM
but if you loose your account for inviting the wrong person, no one invites, so you dont grow.

there has to be some consequence or you will just invite anyone, to strict of a consequence and you wont invite anyone, and i think if you do bring in good members, you should be rewarded in some way.

I see where your going, but the logic is flaw'd. Bitmetv is known for being very strict with your invitees, yet they still grow.
Granted they probably have a much bigger userbase, but they grew to that size through strict invites.

stoi
07-22-2008, 08:48 PM
but a lot more people watch TV than Play games as well. and trust me, they still get a lot of scum in with their invites.

I am not saying we will not get any scum in, but if we do, its your responsibilty to keep an eye on them, they look like scum, report them, we see them 1st, then its consequence time.

you will have nearly full controll over everyone you get in, and who they bring in. you cannot disable or delete their accounts, but if you do spot something not correct, you can report them.

Ali-g
07-22-2008, 08:51 PM

I see where your going, but the logic is flaw'd. Bitmetv is known for being very strict with your invitees, yet they still grow.
Granted they probably have a much bigger userbase, but they grew to that size through strict invites.

Well 1st BMTV doesnt have that strict rules, it has strict cheater-finding which I totally agree with. Rules on invites are as in anyother site. Invite a cheater u get ur invites disabled.
2nd. Even with that. BMTV (giving out inv. at 65 GB UL which is very hard to obtain with their speeds) have few and fewer user with invites. In fact I know a mod there (friend of mine) who says they are giving out invites themselves at other tracker forums jst to keep the site growing
3rd. Logic goes well stoi. While there shoould be consequences for bad invitees there should be benefits for good invitees/\

jokzor
07-22-2008, 08:54 PM
but a lot more people watch TV than Play games as well. and trust me, they still get a lot of scum in with their invites.

I am not saying we will not get any scum in, but if we do, its your responsibilty to keep an eye on them, they look like scum, report them, we see them 1st, then its consequence time.

you will have nearly full controll over everyone you get in, and who they bring in. you cannot disable or delete their accounts, but if you do spot something not correct, you can report them.

excelent.. this should be the what other sites should apply

stoi
07-22-2008, 09:03 PM
well... it might not work as planned yet lol

the idea is good, the numbers are good (i think), the coding is getting done, but wether the implementation is as good as the idea remains to be seen.

btw when you do see it in action, which will hopefully be very soon (2 weeks im hoping) it took me 10 minutes to think it all up lol

just a word of warning though, if you dont get to BCG that often, you will see a fake front page for the site when all this gets done.