PDA

View Full Version : Media Player Classic Home Theator EVA/AVIVO Question!

toothy
07-23-2008, 07:09 PM
ok, i spent ages looking for a AVIVO solution for x264's, no program was having any of it. Cyberlink h264 avi decoder wasnt even working.

Then i found MPC-HT with EVA and x264 DXVA support! and i finally got it all working.

I just played a XVID, and realised it was also working through AVIVO! but DXVA is turned off for xvid as shown in properties, yet it was still working! and I just cant understand why. Obviously its a good thing it was working but i REALLLLY want to know why.

Can any one explain?

Thanks
Toothy

panoli
07-27-2008, 10:17 AM
try using KM media player

lynx
07-28-2008, 08:34 AM
If it is now working this suggests that either something is turning the DXVA hardware decoding on or, more likely, that installing MPC-HT has set up the codecs to perform software decoding.

The end user software (in this case MPC-HT) doesn't care how the data stream gets decoded as long as it gets decoded.

If you want a basic idea of what's going on, try using Gspot. You should be able to work out how your xvid clips are being decoded.
For a more comprehensive picture, you can use GraphEdit, but it is a lot harder to use.
You can get them both with the Klite Codec Pack (http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_Lite_Codec_Pack.htm)