PDA

View Full Version : In Defense of Hurricanes

j2k4
07-23-2008, 08:43 PM
It happens we in the U.S. (south-Texas, gulf coast, specifically) are currently entertaining a hurricane, goes by the name of, uh, let me look...Dolly (apparently a storm with a heavy breast).

As I mull and ponder Dolly's portent , it occurs to me how one quickly develops an affinity for a nice little sustained gulf breeze...it occurs to me as well that recently expressed (U.S.) sentiment toward expanded off-shore drilling (oil specie) is malicious, vile, and an absolute affront to nature.

I hereby call upon congress to eschew the fight against steroids in baseball and turn their laser-light of logic and reason instead to forestalling any effort to extract oil from gulf waters.

We simply cannot presume to risk fouling a perfectly decent and unassuming ocean storm with the tools of our greed and ignorance!!

WE HAVE NO RIGHT TO DO THIS - HURRICANES ARE HUMAN, TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigboab
07-23-2008, 09:00 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/bigboab/hurricane.jpg
'Hurricane' Higgins. former world snooker champion.

Above is another hurricane that sadly got wasted by getting 'well oiled' on too many occasions.:(

Barbarossa
07-23-2008, 09:13 PM
It happens we in the U.S. (south-Texas, gulf coast, specifically) are currently entertaining a hurricane, goes by the name of, uh, let me look...Dolly (apparently a storm with a heavy breast).

As I mull and ponder Dolly's portent , it occurs to me how one quickly develops an affinity for a nice little sustained gulf breeze...it occurs to me as well that recently expressed (U.S.) sentiment toward expanded off-shore drilling (oil specie) is malicious, vile, and an absolute affront to nature.

I hereby call upon congress to eschew the fight against steroids in baseball and turn their laser-light of logic and reason instead to forestalling any effort to extract oil from gulf waters.

We simply cannot presume to risk fouling a perfectly decent and unassuming ocean storm with the tools of our greed and ignorance!!

Have you fallen mad at all :blink:

j2k4
07-23-2008, 11:43 PM

Have you fallen mad at all :blink:

And you risk fouling my rights by questioning my sanity.

I'll see you at the ICC, you bar-steward. :angry:

HURRICANES!!!

HURRICANES!!!

HURRICANES!!!

NA_Magus
07-24-2008, 08:04 PM
My city's awful bleak right now. I like it.

j2k4
07-24-2008, 10:43 PM
By golly, I think you've just hijacked my thread. :whistling

thewizeard
08-03-2008, 09:37 AM
Indeed! There is a lot to be said in defence of hurricanes. From the air the are kewl and remember they tend to seed tornadoes, which are even more fun and extremely beautiful. Also most of the hurricanes hit the USA..so who cares? I would say support your local hurricane/s and realise they originate from the very source of mankind ( Africa) , as the current understanding goes! One more point, they resemble galaxies! :01:

Barbarossa
08-04-2008, 10:11 AM
I thought this would be your sort of thread, nigel :frusty:

lynx
08-07-2008, 06:03 PM
Do hurricanes need defending?

I've always thought they were big enough to look after themselves. :wacko:

j2k4
08-07-2008, 08:12 PM
Do hurricanes need defending?

Not ordinarily, but...

...this is in question, so they've hired a lobbyist, you see.

Me. :)

bigboab
08-07-2008, 08:40 PM
Not ordinarily, but...

Would they not be better with storm doors rather than a lobby.(look it up;))
That would be a beter way of dealing with a hurricane.(The last sentence was just to keep on topic:cool:)

ilw
08-07-2008, 09:35 PM

I assume this is a dig at AGW or summat, but tbh I (and i assume others) have no idea what you're talking about.

j2k4
08-08-2008, 12:21 AM
Not ordinarily, but...

That would be a beter way of dealing with a hurricane.(The last sentence was just to keep on topic:cool:)

Not at all, and, to answer your original question, not at all (at all).

I assume this is a dig at AGW or summat, but tbh I (and i assume others) have no idea what you're talking about.

Hmmm.

Bob gets it, and Bob is purported to be feeble (I do not share that opinion). :dabs:

bigboab
08-08-2008, 10:43 AM

Hmmm.

Bob gets it, and Bob is purported to be feeble (I do not share that opinion). :dabs:

Keeping on subject. This is how to start a storm.:whistling

thewizeard
08-08-2008, 10:03 PM
Keeping on subject. This is how to start a storm.

That's very p funny

:pinch:

j2k4
08-09-2008, 12:51 AM

Hmmm.

Keeping on subject. This is how to start a storm.:whistling

Yeah; that Ian's a real bastard, isn't he. :dabs: